In a World of Vampires. (Open to all)

Started by Katrina, July 26, 2010, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katrina

Megan  followed and gave him back his Desert Eagle.  She sat down and gazed about.  She licked her lips and got up again moving to a group who were playing pool.  She watched them for a few minutes and realized that she could beat them easily. 

"Mind if I play?" she asked sweetly.

One of the vampires looked up at her sizing her up a bit and handed her a cue.  She pretended she didn't know what she was doing and the vampire chuckled making a bet that he couldbeat her.

Megan had no money but accepted the bet of 200 dollars. She played it up until he only had 2 balls remaining on the table, while she still had all of hers. She gazed at him with a smirk when it was her turn and proceeded to one by one sink all of her balls in and calling the top right corner pocket for the 8 ball and sank it as well. 

The other vampire was fuming as she handed him the cue and pocketed his 200 bucks and returned to the bar chuckling a bit.

discordantentity

Darien came down to the noise of the gun fire outside, if trouble was here then he would be involved.  But first he had to finish business, placing the copies on the bar he looked to the bartender.  "See to it anyone wanting to make some extra cash gets these, I've got to talk to Niki."  The batrender nodded and he headed over Kayleigh and offered his hand with a polite bow.  "Darien Stone, manager and part owner of the hornet's nest at your service.  What is your name dear lass, I haven't seen ye in here before."  He always made sure new people who were allowed in were made comfortable, however if he knew what happened to his sire he would be furious and ripping the place apart.  Nobody had seen or heard her since he returned, and the fact was she had been struck by one of those filty Assamites.  Business was about to get nasty as he woul find out after this intoduction.

"The lady awaits ye, she's not one to be kept wwaiting unless it's by my hand.  Dunna worry, she'll understand here."  Looking to Yagami he motioned to him, he wanted his sire to meet the person who could help them.  She had to know he trusted this man to handle their business, but still he waited on Kayleigh's answer and smiled as he whispered to the bartender to give her the first night of drinks free since they would soon have plenty of cash to play with after this.

Kraven Trollsbane

"excuse me ladies it seems my presence is required elsewhere for a moment. oh and nice hustle Megan." i got up to follow Darien
 A&A

Katrina

Megan smiled some and nodded. "Thanks."

discordantentity

Not wanting to let his sire wait any long Darien bowed apologetically to kayleigh, and slipped her a quick note, she would have to introduce herself later.  "Apologies, but please talk to me when you can, I like to know all out customers in case some are not of the savory sort to us."  He then led Kraven to a door down the hallway past where the entrance was, only to find his sires chamber with the door ajar and silence from withing.  Pushing open the door she was there and exsanguinated, unable to be brought back as her body was already decapitated as well.  Furious he picked up a table and threw it against the wall, before storming out and putting his fist through another part of the wall.

"WHO saw anybody coming and going from Lady Niki's room, if anybody did and is holding back I'll rip your head off and shove it up your bleeding arse...  Some dumb bugger let a damn assassin in here, I want to know who was watching her door and where they were....  This place is under lockdown now, until answers or our brazen friend is found!!!"  He was yelling now as if the place had been compromised, and soon the windows were shuttered by metal shutters as were the doors to the outside which had been locked.  Locked in a place with a pissed off Brujah was dangerous, as he looked ready to kill the first person who screwed up and let some assassin slip by them.

Kraven Trollsbane

"well thats not good" i commented dryly

"allow me to help" i said. i enterd the room with the corpse and used my wind magic. i swirled the air and found a scent not belonging to the room. i sent my wind to follow the scent trail. it let back to the front door and then vanished, but it didnt go outside."

"looks like they may have already escaped. or are superb and hiding a scent trail"
 A&A

Katrina

Megan gazed over and she could smell the blood from his sire.  She suppressed a growl as everyone knows brujahs are prone to frenzy.  She swallowed hard as her own eyes flashed to black and back to blue as she calmed herself. She looked around some and waited for something to go down.

Dunnuck

Chris stood up. "I think you have fallen victim to your illogical logic." Chris said to the man. "If someone slipped up and let an assassin in and your screaming death threats and locking us in, why would they even come forward?" He asked. "We all can't very well stay here until sunrise unless everyone plans on staying all day." He shrugged. "I am to assume she is completely dead, then? That leaves a few things. They could not have done the deed without getting blood on their person. There would be blood on the murder weapon. And if the blood isn't on either, then they probably washed it off in the bathroom, leaving the suspects to those that departed the bar and those that recently went to the John." He explained.

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh had nodded to Chris.  She tucked the note into her pocket numbly.  She seriously doubted if she'd be back in this bar.  She really had no idea what was going on around her and figured not standing out anymore than she already did was the best way to avoid trouble.
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Dunnuck

"May I make a suggestion? A few, actually." He looked to her rosey red cheeks and drew in close to her, smelling her. "No more alcohol. You don't want to get completely smashed. Vampires are vampires; when it comes down to it, they want blood. And some may be desperate enough for a fresh source. So I think you should try to keep at least a slightly level head." He looked around the room. "And stay close to me. I have no idea how this will play out. I don't want to see something so pretty get messed up." He said, smiling at her.

Ink Slinger

"I can handle my liquor." The only alteration to her speech was the thickening of her accent.  "Three shots is just a happy buzz." She grinned.  Staying close to him didn't sound that horrid an idea.  "Stay close to you." She stood.  "Check."  Neither her voice nor stance gave away her quickly fraying nerves.

Katrina

Megan gazed about.  Locking everyone in was going to be a bad idea, especially if someone decided to frenzy

Starlequin

~Berlin, 1938~

"I'm telling you, this is the wrong course of action! The longer we wait, the further we allow this situation to deteriorate, the worse the damage becomes. If we don't act soon, the Masquerade will be shattered and we will face the possibility of an Inquisition even more vicious than the last!" Veldana slammed her fist against the table, looking around the conference room at her fellow council members. It was clear her words had reached a few of them. Bernhardt and Rizzolo seemed particularly unnerved; unlike many of the others present, they had not only lived during the first Inquisition, they had endured it. They had no desire to try their luck a second time.

However, the remainder of the council remained unimpressed. Morentz raised a gloved hand and assumed the floor, a calm, reassuring expression on his pale, gaunt face. "Lady Deschaine, I promise you, your fears are groundless. The situation is hardly 'deteriorating'; it is in fact completely within our control. The Bolsheviks' power continues to grow, thanks to Grigori's manipulations behind the scenes. And the German Nationalist Party is perfectly safe under our thumb. That upstart, Hitler, has the potential to become a thorn in our side, yes, but we have already pointed him to the direction of the Thule Society. Once he is initiated into their little club, he will be fed enough misinformation to eliminate any danger he may have posed. We have the Kine precisely where we want them: tottering on the brink of war. They will be so busy killing one another, how could they possibly manage a Second Inquisition?"

Veldana shook her head, her eyes on the table in front of her. "I warn you, Radu. You underestimate the Kine greatly; they grow smarter with every generation. Our goal should be to encourage them to grow fat, weak and complacent, yet you seem to insist on making them stronger. And they will grow stronger, Radu; already they breed like rodents, and their technology gains by leaps and bounds. At this rate, they will learn of our existence within a century, two at the most."

"All the more reason to cull their numbers now! And this time, we shall not be as sloppy as we were 300 years ago. We have no need of plagues or pestilence; the Kine will do the work for us. And even better, we have cultivated their faith in science and reason to such a degree that the very idea of vampires is now dismissed as ridiculous superstition. How, or why, should they even suspect our existence, let alone our involvement? No, Lady Deschaine. Our most effective option is to steer the world into a second Great War, one that we shall orchestrate. It shall be a symphony of death, and it shall ring for thousand years!"

A smattering of applause broke out among the court, and Veldana cradled her head in her hands. "You fools," she whispered. "You'll destroy us all..."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

discordantentity

Hitting the switch himself Damien sat down after barely managing to edge out his frenzy, there had to be a better plan and now knowing that their intruder eluded them as a possibility he realized that right now there was something greater going on.  "Fine then, if they've gotten away I'm calling everyone whose willing upstairs.  We've got plans to make, if their such a ghost then I think I know who it is.  It's not pretty, in fact it could mean that we've got a world of hurt coming don on us."  He then got himself another drink and stared at the door, despite that this had to be cleaned up and things had to move on, she'd expect that of him as this was their pride and joy.

"For now somebody clean up that mess, we'll do something for her later.  You three take care of it, and be throrough."  He said motioning to three Brujah sitting in the corner who were always playing cards, and each one a giant cheat against each other.  Their game was called cheat poker, and it was a scramble to see who could palm and hide the best cards.

eROC90j

One of the Brujahs looks up and stares cooly at Damien...
The Brujahs name is Cloud and he takes a sip of his marguerita and walks over to Megan.

Katrina

Megan gazed to him and offered a polite nod.  "Good evening"

UnluckyBandit

((for character description, please see:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=76888.msg3394581#msg3394581))

An old blue half-ton truck pulled up outside the bar.  The engine died with a wheeze and the door opened allowing the lone occupant out to stand and survey the building. 
Seeing other vehicles gathered and sensing something odd about the atmosphere was enough to prompt the man to head inside.  Ordering a drink, he went and sat near the back and made it plain he was watching the locals.

Dunnuck

The lights along the block flicker out and the night grows the darkest it's been the entire night. It would be daylight soon. A rumble rocked the bar, knocking beer down from the tables. Chris clenched his fist. The rumbling grew louder and closer, more intense. Chris' jaw tightened. Not here. Not now. Then suddenly, it stopped.

The lights were restored and the worst that happened was the spilled beer. Chris looked to the people around him. "Car should be here soon, Darling." He said to Megan. "You can tag along if you want to, ma'am." He said to the human girl. "You ready to leave?" He askd Yagami

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh's eyes had followed the new comer nervously, but she turned back to Chris when he spoke.  "I-I'm not a fighter." She stammered at first.  "But what are the chances of me getting home from here safely if I go alone." She cast another nervous glance about the bar.

Kraven Trollsbane

"just about zero." i answered Kayleigh "you might get lucky but i wouldn't count on it." i turned to Chris "been waiting on you pal." i give him a wink to let him know im not being condescending
 A&A

Dunnuck

"I can teach you to defend yourself." He said to the human, stuffing his hands into his pockets. From outside came the roaring of an engine. "Well, that's our cue to depart." He said, standing. He offered his hand to the buzzed human girl. "I didn't even need a pick up line to get you to come home with me." He said jokingly with a playful smirk. "Stay close." He reminded.

Ink Slinger

She looked down at his hand and caught her lower lip between her teeth in indecision.  "I'm not going with you because I'm buzzed and easily swayed." She said finally.  "I'm going because I need a ride and I don't trust a vampire not to follow me home." She nodded firmly and placed her hand in his.

Katrina

Megan chuckled lightly and finished her drink.  She gazed about.  She'd be glad when the car arrived.  She was ready to see if her old haven still stood.

Dunnuck

"So you're easily swayed?" He asked in a laugh. "Calm down, miss, I am just joking." He helped her from her seat and then offered a hand to Megan. "Cars outside. Lets go check out your safe house, shall we, darling?" He asked.

Katrina

Megan tilted her head some and nodded.  "Provided its still there." She slipped her hand in his and made her way with him and Kayleigh to the exit.