News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

DnD question.

Started by Inkidu, September 26, 2008, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

So I've been wanting to pick up DnD, preferably 3.5 because no one around where I am seems to like 4. I was wondering how much is a starter set of stuff going to cost. books, dice miniatures. That sort of thing.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

RubySlippers

3.5 you can get the core rules free online if you want to download and use those. But for the books proper if used a set might run $50 or so on eBay used for the three core books.

Dice around $1 each for fancy one and minis god there is alot of money for that and you have to paint them, painted around $6-10 each from a great mini-painter for each figure at least at the stores around here where I live.

Its not cheap a game to get into and all but 3.5 is rather popular. Shockingly the cheapest DnD sets to get are the earlier ones 1st Edition and 2nd Edition books can be rather cheap especially of not in particularly good condition.

Inkidu

Well I'm sure I could get the rules online but I wanted to have some equipment. Dice and mini's can probably be found at any hobby shop right?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

RubySlippers

Yes naturally and don't forget a cool dice bag your not a gamer without a neat dice bag, I have a small natural leather one.
;D

Your best bet though to get good deals is hit a huge game convention like GenCon you can get almost anything you need, want or envy.
;D

Inkidu

Whoa, lets see if it sticks before I do anything drastic.

sleepingferret

Crown royal bags are my group's official dice bag of choice.

HairyHeretic

You also have the likes of eBay and Bartertown where you could probably get the books cheaper. Finding them new may be tricky, as a lot of game shops would have stopped getting 3.5 in preparation for 4 coming out.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

shadowheart

Quote from: sleepingferret on September 26, 2008, 12:22:28 PM
Crown royal bags are my group's official dice bag of choice.

Amen to that!  You get a really cool looking bag, and a bottle of Crown in the bargain.  Can't beat it! ;)  ;D

kongming

I have too many dice for a bag (over 300d6) so I just keep them all in a "Smith's Stax" container. It's almost full to the brim.

I also have a little "Lucky Dice" tin. I carpeted it with a beautiful fake fur material (deep red-purple with black "leopard spots"), to encourage good rolls.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515