News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsenta

Quote from: Chris Brady on January 16, 2014, 06:59:19 PM
But here's the thing, how many of the thousands of hacks used that good?  And because Nintendo has no idea how to use their internet, which apparently is a brand new thing for them, I don't think we in the West will ever get this Pokebank.

Thanks to programs like GTS clones, Pokegen, Pokesav, etc. MOST hacks will be good enough to pass the hack detection. Hell, American shiny mews and american shiny genesect made it through. Events never released in the US. :P
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Chris Brady

Obviously not if we're not getting the Bank.  There's been no ETA as to when it'll come here.  At least I've not been able to find.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Tsenta

They announced this week I think on their Twitter they're stress testing new servers. Not to mention anyone who downloaded it on the Christmas release can and are still using it. :P

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

SinXAzgard21

I do find it funny though, even with the pokebank any tourneys coming up you can only use x and y pokemon.  Previous games pokemon are not allowed.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Damnedangel

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

SinXAzgard21

Damnedangel

I got him with a quick ball :) Didn't need to attack him or anything I don't know if it was a fluke or not.

My next targets zapdos -_- the git keeps avoiding me
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Damnedangel on January 17, 2014, 05:31:27 PM
I got him with a quick ball :) Didn't need to attack him or anything I don't know if it was a fluke or not.

My next targets zapdos -_- the git keeps avoiding me

I got mewtwo with a duskball on turn six.  It isn't a fluke, the math for the capture rate is obscene but it is possible to catch all pokemon with any ball.

ThatOneGuy

I love how everyone was flipping tables at the start of this thread, but it turned out to be a semi-decent game xD

SinXAzgard21

Oddly enough those who flipped tables really don't post in the thread.

Tsenta

If y'all haven't yet, it's good to register on the Pokemon Global Link website. It has a minigame that allows you to get evolution items/stones AND there's an event going right now that nets you a coupon that gives you half-off on a boutique purchase.

Qt

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 16, 2014, 11:20:29 PM
I do find it funny though, even with the pokebank any tourneys coming up you can only use x and y pokemon.  Previous games pokemon are not allowed.

I think the main reason why they restricted the pokemons you can use in tournaments is because the lack of move tutors within X and Y. If they didn't restrict pokemons to Kalos only then people with transferred pokemons from 5th gen would have a huge advantage.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: NubianPrincess on January 19, 2014, 05:15:18 AM
Does anyone else use Wonder Trades or the GTS?

Wonder Trade, GTS everyone wants legendary pokemon.  Best to put something up for what you are looking for if you are to use gts.  I'd rather get pokemon through the people on elli as I don't have to fork over anything of value for a pokemon and I give with out expecting anything of value in return.  I just ask that if you have something of the older gens, do ask if I have it.

Qt

I used to wonder trade a lot, sending away rejects from IV breeding. Haven't done as much lately since I've got so much stuff now it's hard to get something new.

GTS I still use, but a lot of people ask for unreasonable things. Still seeing as I've got some legends from there, I can't fault it.

SinXAzgard21

Koren

If you look deeply enough on the GTS you can normally find some good stuff for non legendaries, and if you are searching for a specific pokemon, you can always turn off the special pokemon option, and it removes most of the pokemon that will only trade for legendaries.

Most of the reason that only Kalos native pokemon are allowed in the torneys is because it almost garentees that the pokemon arent hacked or otherwise cheated into the game, as so far there is no real way to get pokemon generated on your comp onto your legit or downloaded X and Y save file because of the games code.
Those who have managed to get hacked pokemon through pokebank, of which there are a scarce few, if any at all, can still of course breed their perfect pokemon so that they become Kalos native, but that will be a rarer occurance then in previous games where it was fairly easy to get around the data management for games on the DS and GBA.

Ive got a few of the rarer pokemon that have come through the bank if people want them as well, so send me a message (pokemon like tynamo and lileep)

Also I havent been posting here because I'm rarely active on the site and this thread died a while back anyway before people were posting again.

Suiko

Koren, I would love a tynamo. Any starters you'd want in exchange? or a vulpix or growlithe or shinx?
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

King Serperior

Are there any people who do Nuzlockes on their games?  I'd like to talk about any and all X/Y Nuzlocke experiences and compare them to past-gen Nuzlockes  :)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Damnedangel

I've got a porygon, omanite, aerodactyl and a couple of the other fossil pokemon :)

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: King Serperior on January 19, 2014, 08:49:21 AM
Are there any people who do Nuzlockes on their games?  I'd like to talk about any and all X/Y Nuzlocke experiences and compare them to past-gen Nuzlockes  :)

I'm planning on doing one soon.  I just need to trade pokemon to X and trade them back after, not using of course but I've put to much work into just deleting them.

King Serperior

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 19, 2014, 04:36:15 PM
I'm planning on doing one soon.  I just need to trade pokemon to X and trade them back after, not using of course but I've put to much work into just deleting them.
Awesome!  I'm at the Psychic Gym on this X run.  Lost my Staraptor and Reuniclus to criticals   :'(  Luckily I have a Skorupi and Bergmite as backup, but they'll never replace those two.....

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

Qt

Quote from: King Serperior on January 19, 2014, 08:49:21 AM

I might one if I ever obtain another copy of the game.

Quote from: Khoraz on January 19, 2014, 05:59:46 PM
I be Amie makes the loss worse ;-;

I think poke-amie might potentially broken for nuzlockes since a max level allows your pokemon to land crits, shrug off status and survive hits on 1HP.

Same thing with supertraining and possibly exp share, all make the run less challenging.

King Serperior

Quote from: Khoraz on January 19, 2014, 05:59:46 PM
I be Amie makes the loss worse ;-;
Quote from: Qt on January 19, 2014, 06:16:38 PM
I might one if I ever obtain another copy of the game.

I think poke-amie might potentially broken for nuzlockes since a max level allows your pokemon to land crits, shrug off status and survive hits on 1HP.

Same thing with supertraining and possibly exp share, all make the run less challenging.

I never used the Poke-Amie, Super Training, or Exp.Share when I nuzlocke.  Tried the Exp.Share on my first attempt and I actually didn't have a loss, which is very unfair.  Super Training takes too much time and what Nuzlocker EV-Trains their pokemon anyway?  That said, I don't like that Amie because, unless I get an Eevee, I won't be using it.

Current team:  Greninja, Charizard, Pyroar, Drapion, Avalugg, and Steelix.   Lost many good friends so far, like my Meditite, Axew, and Aerodyctal.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace