News:

Main Menu

The junk in our minds

Started by Sugarman (hal), April 04, 2008, 08:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugarman (hal)

Ok here we will share the worthless stuff we stuffed in our minds.

I'll start. Now I am 47 year past graduating high school,but can resist both my fight songs and my school songs. Amazing  ::)

your turn ;D
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

NightBird

That Paris Hilton tried to trademark the word 'hot'.

A co-worker of mine a few years ago lived for news of Paris Hilton and even bought her book. We both worked the late shift on the phones, just the two of us, and it was all she'd talk about between calls. I try to forget, gods know, but that piece just stuck.

Hunter

When D&D tried to trademark "demon" and "devil".  Talk about making yourself the butt of every joke....

And my personal favorite: The Windows 98 presentation where it came up with the infamous blue screen of death (good job there).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLhuF3L48U

Captain Maltese

Religion never ceases to amaze me for its inherent evil.
Today's example comes from christianity. As far as I can see, a person can be abused her entire life. Any cruelty you can imagine, she has suffered it. However. If she has done even one bad thing in her life herself, there is a chance that she'll go straight to hell when she eventually dies. While every one of her tormentors can go to heaven, provided they perform the necessary acts minutes before they die.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Elvi

My mind is full of junk, so I had trouble trying to filter through it to see which really was the most useless or at least the most long lived.
Registration of Dad's first vehical, that one was close, but the one I can remember immediately is my Dad's payroll number....3662...
Not used by him for more than 25 years, I had to memorise it as I used to go down to the pay office to get his wage packet on a Saturday morning.

Yes....there was a time when a ten year old was not only trusted enough to get the family's weekly income, but the community was trusted enough not to steal it from her on the way home....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Crows

My head is so full of static.  Right now, it takes a largely writing bent... I have a ridiculous number of fiction projects in the works right now, not to mention two... three?  Three and a half that need polishing.  Something high-tech is brewing in my mind... the seductive call of Cyberpunk, I hear it...

Also, organizing a garage sale.  I'm an incurable packrat, but I'm planning on going this summer to stay two months or so with a friend (living out of a suitcase) and then moving to another city.  So, reducing the bulk is superior, and I know I don't need all this stuff.  But how?  How??

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: Elvi on April 05, 2008, 07:41:20 AM

Yes....there was a time when a ten year old was not only trusted enough to get the family's weekly income, but the community was trusted enough not to steal it from her on the way home....

We have lost so much, haven't we?
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Captain Maltese

Quote from: Crows on April 05, 2008, 12:08:18 PM
My head is so full of static.  Right now, it takes a largely writing bent... I have a ridiculous number of fiction projects in the works right now, not to mention two... three?  Three and a half that need polishing.  Something high-tech is brewing in my mind... the seductive call of Cyberpunk, I hear it...

Also, organizing a garage sale.  I'm an incurable packrat, but I'm planning on going this summer to stay two months or so with a friend (living out of a suitcase) and then moving to another city.  So, reducing the bulk is superior, and I know I don't need all this stuff.  But how?  How??

Ebay?

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Hunter

Craigs list.  Let them pick it up.   ;D

Elvi

Quote from: Sugarman (hal) on April 05, 2008, 12:16:36 PM
We have lost so much, haven't we?

Yes Hal, we have.
However, I have to say, that the area we live in at the moment is one that allows us to leave our doors unlocked all the time.
The only time we do lock them is when we are away for longer than a day and the dog isn't there either...
So...I guess there is hope for us yet?

SerpentKiss

Most useless piece of information that just popped into my mind...

A man named Bulger, I think he was an Admiral or a General, doing the battle of Waterloo, had a chronic, almost unheard of phobia, that he was going to give birth to an elephant.

MagicalPen

Some one said this:

The USSR? Is that a ship or something?

Oh, the idiots in this world!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

The Overlord

Quote from: Silvestine on April 08, 2008, 08:55:01 AM
Some one said this:

The USSR? Is that a ship or something?

Oh, the idiots in this world!

I heard she sunk with nearly all hands onboard.  :D

Sabby

The attitude I get from people that obsess over their PC's, particularly gaming rigs.

Its in my head because I briefly looked into getting a good spec pc and the holier-then-thou-I-don't-have-time-to-play-in-the-dirt-with-you-kid attitude I got from the people I wanted advice from wasn't too encouraging...

The Overlord

Quote from: Sabbat on May 18, 2008, 06:52:33 AM
The attitude I get from people that obsess over their PC's, particularly gaming rigs.

Its in my head because I briefly looked into getting a good spec pc and the holier-then-thou-I-don't-have-time-to-play-in-the-dirt-with-you-kid attitude I got from the people I wanted advice from wasn't too encouraging...

Fuck them, let them think their world means shit. A shop that's actually interested in helping you set up a gaming rig will do it with professionalism and not so much lip.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Sabbat on May 18, 2008, 06:52:33 AM

I think you're talking to the wrong people mate. I got good advice, and plenty of help from a couple of folks in different gaming groups I belong to when I was doing the same thing a month ago.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Maeven

Have you ever noticed that drama seems to follow the same people? It's like they carry a bottle of it around with them like a salt shaker and sprinkle it on when life gets too mundane... and then, when it gets too salty, they look around with innocent eyes and ask 'why?'
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Kalen

I HAVE noticed that... and I resemble that remark recently, I think.   :-\

ShrowdedPoet

A twit is a pregnant goldfish. . . 0.o
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

Elvi

The fact that a pregnant goldfish is called a twit/twat/twerp is a simple urban myth.

A goldfish lays eggs, therefor by definition cannot be pregnant.

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

Elvi

Not really a true deffinition of 'pregnant' is it?

A hen lays eggs every day, whether they are furtile or not.
Our fish have layed eggs which weren't fertile, we as humans 'lay' an egg every month, but we are not pregnant.

Though we are being a little picky, the fact is that a fish of any kind, whether with or without eggs is not called a twit.

twit (twt)
tr.v. twit·ted, twit·ting, twits
To taunt, ridicule, or tease, especially for embarrassing mistakes or faults. See Synonyms at ridicule.
n.
1. The act or an instance of twitting.
2. A reproach, gibe, or taunt.
3. Slang A foolishly annoying person.

[Short for obsolete atwite, from Middle English atwiten, from Old English ætwtan : æt, at; see at1 + wtan, to reproach; see weid- in Indo-European roots.]

ShrowdedPoet

Awww. . .*looks sad and devoid of life*
Ons and Offs

ShrowdedPoet

TV Guardian replaces the words sex and fuck with the word hugs. . .just think about THAT one for a minute. . .
Ons and Offs