Breeding Grounds Warfare [IC Live][d10(0)]{Open, Always}

Started by Jezabelle, March 25, 2016, 06:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Alright, so, do I just...make a write-up of whatever race I'm dreaming of? How do I go about doing this?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Jezabelle

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 27, 2016, 12:47:10 AM
Alright, so, do I just...make a write-up of whatever race I'm dreaming of? How do I go about doing this?

Basically.  As long as it stays out of the "everything they fight loses" territory it's permissible.  This is on such a scale that basically any race\culture you can make up likely exists.  Which faction they belong to is an important detail to remember, as well as which if any stat bonuses/detriments they experience, but other than that just include what you're most interested in conveying  O:)

pcnovaes

Why not include a mercenary faction that fights for whoever pays more. It would make sense to have such a group taking advantage of a war and would give an  excuse to races from one faction being able to fight for another.
Also not exactly a faction, but we could make irrational beings an adtional treat. some experiment from the xarions that went wrong, or creatures pouring in from a demonic like dimension.

Broken

Hello, I am super interested in wanting to try this out, although I have never done anything with dice rolls before, and a lot of these terms confuse me. But I want to try!

paradisic

(image pending)
Name: Abera
Race: Tanesh, or Dusk Elf
Racial Description: See below

Backstory: Abera was born the daughter of a nobleman at the Taneshi court, and an unknown mother, presumably some slave or another. Her father foisted her off on a court mage, that she might work as a servant, but when she displayed a strong magical aptitude of her own, the mage took her on as an apprentice. She has since then grown up in relatively comfortable means, and while not rich, she is accustomed to associating with those who are. She has recently joined the forces of the Mer League of the Vigilance, in order to utilise her magery in combat against forces such as the Maelstrom.
Apparent age - Young adult.

WS  |  BS  |  S  |  T  |  Ag  |  Int  |  WP  |  Fel
20  |  24  | 25  | 15  |  31  |  45   |  40  |  35

(+10 Int and WP, and -10 T; point buy of 65)

Wounds: 11
Insanity Points: 0
Equipped:
Tanushi Mage Dress:  AP 2 Torso, AP 1 limbs, no helm.

Shadow Blade:  SB - 2 + d10 damage, +10 on checks to cast Shadow magic while wielding.

Inventory: One +4 Wound Vitality Potion

Unique Attributes -

Taneshi Shadow Magic:  (Half Action) You know how to cast several spells common amongst your people's magic users expected to participate in melee combat as a WP +10 action; if you're under attack it becomes a WP -10.  Shade Bolt: Sacrifice 1 wound, deals 4 wounds that ignore AP of target.  Shadow Whip:  (-20 to the WP check for this spell)  3 Wound attack that targets a specific limb.  Steel Mind:  Next WP check done at +10 (can stack up to +20).  Dark Shroud: -10 next BS check to hit you.  Free hand required to cast these spells.

Cultured Mer: +20 to Fellowship checks involving Mer League members and officials.

Tremor Sense: +20 on Int checks to perceive ground-based movement/disturbances anywhere in your general vicinity.

Tanesh

Who are you?
I am Abera, formerly an apprentice to Gadakh, a mage of the court of the Tanesh. Now, however, I am in service to the forces of the Mer League of the Vigilance.

Who are we?
We are the Tanesh, the Dusk Elves. Our skin is tinged red-brown by the pale light of our Sun, and this is how we are known to others.

What makes us great?
We are wise and cunning. While others rush in to fights headlong, we stand back and observe, using our wit, intelligence, and sometimes magic, to aid us in such conflicts.
It is said by some that our eyes are weak, for they do not see as far as others. However, to balance this, our other senses are far keener, and the faintest tremor within our hearing can be detected, making it truly a thing of difficulty to catch us unawares.
So it is wisdom that makes us great, and it is this that makes us Tanesh.

Where do we live?
Our land is called Khastara. It is a place of an eternal dusk, bathed in the glow of a distant, pale blue sun that gives us little light. At the centre is the great city of Ediban, a place of beautiful palaces of white marble, and colossal towers of red sandstone, the homes of the rich and powerful amongst the Tanesh. This is my home. Outside of this place there are fields stretching out into the unknown, with our villages dotted amongst them, until the darkness becomes such that we dare travel no further.

How do we live?
Many of those out amongst the villages, are farmers, who collect the glowcress and the blyewheat, and keep livestock. Then there are the merchants and traders, the crafstmen, the mages in the city, the nobles and many others. Some amongst us serve amongst the forces of the Vigilance. To us, the greatest duty is to our Queen, and then to our fellow Tanesh, and it is for this that we serve.

What is important to us?
Our family, whether that is family we are born into, or family we find. And our home, its people, and its Queen. Knowledge of things unknown. Safety from the intrusion of others upon our homes.

Who rules us?
For as long as any can recall, a King or a Queen has ruled over our people. At current, our Queen is Kerena, who has ruled for twoscore and nine years.

What is evil?
Above all, chaos, anarchy. Those who live without rules, without order. For of this there comes violence, and destruction.

What is my lot in life?
To work in the role ordained for you, and excel in it. To serve your society, and see it bettered for it. What more is there to wish for?

What is the difference between men and women?
Little in any social sense, as we view it. Save that which is physical, and that which is emotional, perhaps.

How do we deal with others?
Those who are close to us we trust, and others amongst our people we trust when wise, and do not when it is not. Others we show suspicion, but only till they have proven themselves worthy of our trust and our respect.

Who are our enemies?
Our enemies are the Maelstrom, for they are opposed to growth and order, and they war with us and our allies.

Who are our gods?
Our god is Tan, the Dusk, who hides us from evil, and quickens our wits.

Jezabelle

Quote from: pcnovaes on March 27, 2016, 05:27:23 AM
Why not include a mercenary faction that fights for whoever pays more. It would make sense to have such a group taking advantage of a war and would give an  excuse to races from one faction being able to fight for another.
Also not exactly a faction, but we could make irrational beings an adtional treat. some experiment from the xarions that went wrong, or creatures pouring in from a demonic like dimension.

I like the idea of mercenary groups and random aggro monsters.  "Tertiary Parties" we could call them.  Won't take up a Faction slot, but they'll add a bit of flavour.

Quote from: paradisic on March 27, 2016, 11:33:52 AM
(image pending)
Name: Abera
Race: Tanesh, or Dusk Elf
Racial Description: See below

Backstory: Abera was born the daughter of a nobleman at the Taneshi court, and an unknown mother, presumably some slave or another. Her father foisted her off on a court mage, that she might work as a servant, but when she displayed a strong magical aptitude of her own, the mage took her on as an apprentice. She has since then grown up in relatively comfortable means, and while not rich, she is accustomed to associating with those who are. She has recently joined the forces of the Mer League of the Vigilance, in order to
Apparent age - Young adult.

20  |  24  | 25  | 15  |  31  |  45   |  40  |  35

(+10 Int and WP, and -10 T; point buy of 65)

Wounds: 12

Inventory: ~
Equipped: ~

Unique Attributes: Enhanced tremor sense, nearsighted

Tanesh

Who are you?
I am Abera, formerly an apprentice to Gadakh, a mage of the court of the Tanesh. Now, however, I am in service to the forces of the Mer League of the Vigilance.

Who are we?
We are the Tanesh, the Dusk Elves. Our skin is tinged red-brown by the pale light of our Sun, and this is how we are known to others.

What makes us great?
We are wise and cunning. While others rush in to fights headlong, we stand back and observe, using our wit, intelligence, and sometimes magic, to aid us in such conflicts.
It is said by some that our eyes are weak, for they do not see as far as others. However, to balance this, our other senses are far keener, and the faintest tremor within our hearing can be detected, making it truly a thing of difficulty to catch us unawares.
So it is wisdom that makes us great, and it is this that makes us Tanesh.

Where do we live?
Our land is called Khastara. It is a place of an eternal dusk, bathed in the glow of a distant, pale blue sun that gives us little light. At the centre is the great city of Ediban, a place of beautiful palaces of white marble, and colossal towers of red sandstone, the homes of the rich and powerful amongst the Tanesh. This is my home. Outside of this place there are fields stretching out into the unknown, with our villages dotted amongst them, until the darkness becomes such that we dare travel no further.

How do we live?
Many of those out amongst the villages, are farmers, who collect the glowcress and the blyewheat, and keep livestock. Then there are the merchants and traders, the crafstmen, the mages in the city, the nobles and many others. Some amongst us serve amongst the forces of the Vigilance. To us, the greatest duty is to our Queen, and then to our fellow Tanesh, and it is for this that we serve.

What is important to us?
Our family, whether that is family we are born into, or family we find. And our home, its people, and its Queen. Knowledge of things unknown. Safety from the intrusion of others upon our homes.

Who rules us?
For as long as any can recall, a King or a Queen has ruled over our people. At current, our Queen is Kerena, who has ruled for twoscore and nine years.

What is evil?
Above all, chaos, anarchy. Those who live without rules, without order. For of this there comes violence, and destruction.

What is my lot in life?
To work in the role ordained for you, and excel in it. To serve your society, and see it bettered for it. What more is there to wish for?

What is the difference between men and women?
Little, as we view it. Save that which is physical, perhaps.

How do we deal with others?
Those who are close to us we trust, and others amongst our people we trust when wise, and do not when it is not. Others we show suspicion, but only till they have proven themselves worthy of our trust and our respect.

Who are our enemies?
Our enemies are the Maelstrom, for they are opposed to growth and order, and they war with us and our allies.

Who are our gods?
Our god is Tan, the Dusk, who hides us from evil, and quickens our wits.

Looks good!

Broken

Name:
Ashitaka Lost Prince
Race:
Ink Fox
Racial Description:
Out of the many races, this species are regarded as the embodiment of artistry, and renowned for their heavenly beauty. Usually white haired and furred, these creatures resemble humans, but they have big furry ears along with a rather long fluffy tail. At the end of this tail will always be a pitch black tip, normally dry, but can actually secrete an ink like substance that they use to perform their Celestial brushwork.
Backstory:

If one species stood out in the world, Ink Foxes take that spot. They are easy to pick out of a crowd, because they most likely are already the center of attention. They are otherworldly and beautiful, they have a natural talent for music and art, which gives them such high value.
However, the one thing they are also known for are their dangerous mastery of spells. Using music or ink, they draw forth ancient magic that gives them quite the notorious streak for being powerful Wizards.
Ashitaka, is one of these Foxes.
Born from a very regal and high ranking heritage, massive importance and responsibility was set on his shoulders from day one. To be able to create art and make music on the same level of his parents. But as he came of age he vanished. Panicked, many soldiers and some of the strongest of his kin were sent out to find him. But even their own kind found it hard to track each other if they did not want to be found.
Ashitaka lived for himself that day on. His goal is to make his own history, whether that be a great musician, or the most powerful spell caster that ever existed, he has not yet decided.

Kitsune Spirit Casting:  (Full Action) You may cast the following spells with a successful WP +10 roll; if under attack it becomes a WP -10 roll, to play whilst under duress--you must have a lute equipped to cast these spells.  Heal: 1+(1d10/2). 
Shield: Grants 3 AP to every limb of target for 3 turns. 
Flamberg: Enchant a weapon for 3 turns to burn enemies, dealing an additional 3 wounds that ignore SB and burn away clothing (but not armour) at twice the normal rate.

Ink Runes:  (Half Action) You may utilize your ink to draw sacred symbols that invoke certain effects, requires a WP +0 to generate.  Anytime you get hit you must make another WP check at -10 the previous check's difficulty to maintain the symbol.  You can only maintain one symbol at a time.
Fire Strike: Every round a flaming bird effigy flies out of the symbol and strikes a foe of your choice, dealing 3 wounds and ignoring SB+burning away clothing at twice the normal rate. 
Tree of Giving: Friendlies rejuvenate 2 wounds a turn while standing next to you.  Shroud of Vines: Ethereal vegetation obscures you and those standing next to you from view, BS checks to shoot all those so protected take -10.
Ink Runes do not start having their effect until your next turn after a successful casting--put another way, if you succeed at casting, you'll be drawing the rune for 1 turn whilst everyone takes their turns, and when it's your go again the effects will then be in place.  If you get hit during this time you'll need to make a WP check like if you'd already cast and were maintaining a rune.

Here's a plain-words shakedown.

Heal gives an ally anywhere from 2 to 6 wounds back.

Shield protects your allies by giving them temporary armour boost.

Flamberg makes weapons do more damage and burn away clothing for a bit.

Now for the symbols,

Fire Shrike:  Kamakazie fire birdie spirits.

Tree of Giving: Passive heal to friends but not self

Shroud of Vines: Makes it harder to shoot you and people standing next to you.

30 |    27  |  13 |  27|   31 |   29  |  58   |  34

Wounds:

Inventory:
-A Medium sized gourd that can be filled with any liquid substance. But is usually found empty of stolen. Due to it only being filled when the user plays a song to fill it with a chosen substance.
-A pouch filled with round orbs that are a strange form of food. Known as food pellets, their tasteless and soft. It gives you the required amount of nutrients in one bite, and keeps you full for a day.
Equipped:
-Mother Willow Lute
Crafted from the fallen body of a Grand willow, and strings made from the Tendons of dragon sinew, this lute performs beautiful sound for those who have practiced on how to wield. The material makes this instrument exceptionally hardy. Able to block heavy blows from rather heavy steel arms. But not completely indestructible. If it breaks, it takes time to mend with magic. And if it is ever lost, a deal that has been written on its base will return to its master in time.

-Fox Garb
Highly crafted cloth to make a beautiful kimono. But like any clothes, it provides little in the way of armor. It slowly repairs itself given time, repairing tears, burns and even expels curses when the user performs a banishment ritual.
Unique Attributes:
Gravitational Reluctance:
Hovers slightly off the ground at will.

Jezabelle

Alright, we have enough interest to get things rolling.

OOC thread is live.

There we can discuss how this whole thing is going to kick off, perhaps have some initial side RP set up, and then get rolling once we're feeling comfortable with the direction we're all headed in.  Buckle up for a wild ride!

Hobbes1266

Hello I'm interested in joining. I hope it won't be a problem if the race I made starts unaligned. I still need to discuss equipment and have the unique attribute approved before I'm finished.

Name: Illa Forn
Race: Ettrim Wot
Racial Description: A subterranean race of the fairly typical planet, Wil. The Ettrim have become the dominant power on their planet through military might enslaving the less advanced races of the surface world. The Ettrim only have one gender possessing two male and a female reproducive organs with internal testicles. The ruling class of the Ettrim, the neo, have round ears and are taught magic, politics and few, assassination, their entire life, being given magical black tattoos to indicate rank and power at adulthood. The lower class, the wot, possess pointed ears and are raised as mushroom farmers, ranchers, soldiers and other less desirable occupations. Light, especially from a nearby star, can be painful to an Ettrims eyes and pale skin.

Backstory: Illa was a wot taken from her parents as an infant to be trained as a soldier. During her younger years she was psychologically conditioned to be subservient and loyal to the neo as well as resistance to psychological trauma, as all soldiers were. She grew up in a barracks with the other girls in her unit and when she was old enough her and the other girls began training for war. Illa was named leader of her unit early in their training. After years of training they grew into adulthood. Very soon after the coming of age ceremony, neo mages discovered a way to access a dimensional gateway and Illas unit was chosen as an expendable scouting party.

WS | BS | S | T | Ag | Int | WP | Fel
33 | 20| 24 | 23| 28 | 24 | 20 | 23

Wounds:

Inventory: (will discuss in pm)
Equipped: (same)

Unique Attributes: If Illa fails a willpower save that goes against the desires of the neo she must also succeed at a willpower save of (xx). If Illa fails this willpower check she will do as she believes the neo desire.