Greenthorn's List of Ways to Avoid Problems

Started by Vekseid, April 10, 2008, 08:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

What follows is a nice list that Greenthorn made in one of her recent threads, and the other Oracles thought it was good advice.

1. If one chooses to be visible in the ShoutBox, then one must be prepared for someone else's feelings to get hurt..or someone to take what is said the wrong way.

2. If you cannot say something nice..don't say anything at all.  Don't try to push someone else's "buttons".  Too many people are connected in here, you push one button, you will push others.

3. Be loyal to your friends..but for godsakes, stay out of their fights!!  And not to mention..when dogs fight don't try to step in..you will get bit..one dog will be overly aggressive!

4. Don't let things "stew".  It is much easier to deal with things immediately when the mood is still lighthearted than to wait and let it escalate.

5. If you don't like what's being said, or how something is being said..PM THE PERSON (or a Oracle)!!  Don't make it a public tiff..it only makes things more intense..and more immature.

6. Don't judge people by their outward appearances (and I mean online visible personalities).  What you see may be what you get..but don't assume it goes deeper!

7. Don't let things that other people tell you allow you to judge someone.  It's possible their opinions are formed through a clash of personalities, or a past altercation.

8. On the flip side..give your opinions privately on things, but don't be upset when your opinions are not agreed with!

9. We are all adults, all with different personalities..remember that!  (I am sarcastic..it's me..if you can't handle that..then back away slowly from my evil grin  ;) )

10. Take some time away before responding to heated discussions.  Clear your own head..chances are when you come back the other's will have cleared also.  Why add fuel to someone else's fire when your own is beginning to burn?

11. Real Life is real life, role play is role play...if you have a hard time distinguishing between the two, this isn't the place for you.  And never bring someone's real-life issues into role playing...especially when you don't have the entire story.