Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animegurl5

"No there has to be a mistake... There must be a way to get her out of there, some sort of trade. A deal? I can't just let my sister be put through something so terrible while I sit back and wait for the news that some goon put a bullet through her head." Her voice changed from pleading to threatening, her eyes a mean glare. It was something she couldn't stand for, not even under the circumstances. If this woman refused to help her, she would just storm the Firebrand building by herself.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"You think Tyler WANTS to be in that position," Fizz replied. "If even half of what we've heard about this serum is right your sister is beter off dead."

"I don't understand," Turk said. "Why?"

"There's a reason Shadowdancer was shut down originally," Fizz replied. "Half the test subjects died from a variety of complications, only two made it through the process alive. One died three years after the project of what was officially listed as cancer but no-one outside the CIA buys that line, and the other is alive but has uncontrollable bouts of rage that...well, let's put it this way: if you're smart you make sure you're nowhere near him when he's pissed off. If your sister has already been injected with the serum, whether it kills her, Tyler does it or someone else her odds of survival aren't great."

Animegurl5

"I don't care. I'm getting her out, no matter what." She growled, resisting the urge to pound her fist into the table. She hadn't risked her life and that of her friends just to be told that her mission was too dangerous. Skylar had been aware of that when she left and was not about to turn back now. "If you can't help me then I can figure out things on my own."
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"Fizz, there has to be a way," Turk said. "Can't you tell Tyler to stand down?"

"Even if I thought that was a smart idea I can't make Tyler stand down," she replied. "Even assuming the guards and the booby traps didn't pick you off trying to get in there if Tyler considered you to be jeopardizing his operation believe me he's not gonna hang around to find out what happened. At least this way we know she's alive and safe, for now anyway."

Animegurl5

"For now isn't good enough. Let him shoot me, I don't give a damn. If he won't help me then he is no more than an enemy to me." She hissed, rising to leave. "I need some air."

Lady Jenn

"I can try calling him," she said. "If only to check how your sister is. But I wouldn't try fighting Tyler, even unarmed he knows enough fighting skills to bring you down. You can try taking him and those guards on if you want or we can find out what's happening from Tyler first, its your choice."

Animegurl5

"Call him... I need to get some air... I feel a little sick to my stomach at the moment. Please excuse me." She said a little more quietly, removing herself from the table and heading out the door. She leaned against the wall for the moment, breathing deeply.

Lady Jenn

She dialled the number, turning away from them for a moment before putting the phone on the table.

"Tyler, tell them what you just told me," she said.

"She's gone, they've moved her again," a voice with a strong Irish accent said through the phone. "I'm trying to work out where they took her but they must have moved her during the night cos her and the rest of the guards were gone by the time I woke up. Someone knew her cover had been blown. Tell them if they want to help her go home, if the CIA get to her before I do she really IS dead."

"The CIA are tracing her?" Turk said as Tyler hung up. "Why?"

"My guess is Firebrand know you're coming after her," Fizz replied. "They have double agents in the CIA, they'll be feeding them red herrings, but just enough that the CIA's efforts ruin yours. He's right though, Tyler is at least working on the option of keeping her alive, she's an enemy of the US. The CIA catch her they aren't going to stop to ask questions."

Animegurl5

Sky stood there a moment longer, her gut twisting in every which direction. Her head was pounding and her heart was racing. The world around her threatened to spin but she made a decision she knew she would regret. She ran. She didn't want to hear what words the two she was leaving behind had to say. All they wanted was to keep her from saving her own flesh and blood... it wouldn't happen. She wouldn't lose. She ran only a little bit when she came across a man with a sleek motorcycle. Looking out of breath she went up to the guy. "Please sir. I need your help really bad. There are some men after me and I can't stay. I need your wheels." The man looked confused and so she continued. "Back there should be an orange Lambourghini, if you wait by it I'm sure the man who owns it will pay you back. He is a friend of mine... but I can't wait for him." She pleaded, eyes sad. The man reluctantly handed over the keys and she smiled apologetically. "If I ever see you again I will thank you in full." She smiled as she hopped on the bike and started it up. Turning the bike, she pointed it in the direction of where she wanted to go. Away from the little cafe.

Lady Jenn

"Leave her to me," Turk said. "Phone Tyler again, tell him he needs to find her asap, I think I know why they're moving her and if I'm right we're in danger of being too late."

He jumped into the Lambourghini, speeding after her even though he wasn't sure where she was going. Dialling her number as he bit his lip, worrying what was happening.

"Listen to me Skylar," he said as he reached her answerphone. "You have to leave this to Tyler, I know where they're taking her and believe me trying to track her there is a really dumb idea unless you're Tyler or have a small army at your beck and call."

Animegurl5

Her cell phone buzzed in her back pocket, the only thing she had remembered to bring with her. Every weapon she had brought was in the bag in the car that was currently chasing her. Balancing the bike she reached into her back pocket and withdrew the phone. She chucked it to the side, regripping the bike and pushing it faster. She easily weaved through cars, her hair whipping behind her, completely free for she wasn't wearing a helmet. She turned her head to look back, her eyes sorrowful and full of defeat. She didn't care of what she was doing anymore, she wouldnt be ordered around anymore. She mouthed the word 'sorry' before weaving around another car and jumping the curve. The bike was just like another extension of herself, moving with frightening grace and precision.

Lady Jenn

"Fuck, Morrison's going to have my guts for garters for doing this," he said under his breath. He pulled up alongside her, pulling the gun out from its holster on his belt and pointing it at her. "I don't want to shoot but you have no idea where they're taking her, I do. I don't care if you get yourself killed going after her but I guarantee Morrison will." He just about managed to drive the car with his free hand, dodging any traffic that came towards them.

Animegurl5

Sky kept driving, her eyes darting from her course to the gun pointed at her. "Shoot me, God Damnit. I'd rather return to him in a body bag with a good memory than empty and tainted. If I can't save her than I would rather die by her side." She hissed, momentarily destracted but regaining her control. She hopped the curb again, swerving in front of Turk's car and narrowly being missed. She pulled back to his window, looking at him with sad yet amused eyes. "You never did read my file did you? My specialty is with movement, weither it be dancing, fighting hell it could be riding a horse! If I can move it, I fully control it. So I give you two choices Turk. Get off of my back and leave me be or shoot me here and now!"

Lady Jenn

He was about to respond when a gunshot rang out, pinging off his bonnet, forcing him to look around and manoeuvre his car to avoid an oncoming truck, looking around and unable to figure out where the shot came from.

"You have no idea where you're going or what you'll face when you get there," Turk growled. "Besides, there are at least two hostages lives at stake here. You want to be responsible for Firebrand killing a little kid? I know what they're capable of Skylar, I....I was one of their agents. That's how I know where-"

At that moment a second shot was fired, catching Turk in his chest, him only just managing to force the car to the side of the road before collapsing, trying to stem the flow of blood.

Animegurl5

"TURK!" She cried out, her head whipping around to look at her comrade. This momentary distraction was all it took to bring Sky down. She realized too late her collision course and even though she swerved out of the way of the oncoming car she hit the guardrail that protected the cars from a hill. She screamed as her body left the vehicle, flipping over the guardrail just behind her small frame. She hit the ground hard and kept rolling down and down. Multiple times she was almost crushed but she made it to the bottom, out of breath and in a lot of pain. Her vision was blurred and refused to focus on anything as a stream of blood flowed from her forehead. Her eye lids felt heavy, as if she were only tired and she found it hard to hold on to reality. "I'm sorry Turk." She breathed, her eyes shutting.

Lady Jenn

"This is cray, Tom will kill you if he knows you're here," came the familiar voice of Petra. "Hell, he'll kill ME if he knows I'm here."

"I couldn't leave her there," Morrison said. "Besides, Tom has enough to worry about without adding these two to the list."

Turk and Kayla had been taken to a small house with medical equipment set up in it. Tom was placing a cool flannel on Kayla's forehead, Petra stood at the end of her bed. Fizz was sat on a windowsill speaking into a phone. Turk wasn't viewable from her bed but a faint beep coming from one corner of the room wasn't a good omen.

Animegurl5

Skylar stirred slightly, voices registering. Her first thought was that she had been captured and that sent her over the edge. With a half gasp, half hiss Skylar litterally jumped from her bed and had her back against the corner. Her stance was defensive but slackened as she realized who the people were. Then her look of shock was replaced by a dangerous glare. "What the hell are you doing here?" She held a stance that warned them not to take a step nearer but showed that she was of no harm.

Lady Jenn

"Morrison decided to go after you," Petra said. "Izzy convinced him to take me with him if he wasn't going to listen to reason. Unknown to you or Turk we were in a car just behind you. Turk had been starting to call Fizz when he lost consciousness so we called her and she said she had a safehouse we could take you guys too which is where we are."

"We still don't know who was shooting at Turk," Petra said, worry etched across her face. "We're almost certain he saw the gunman but...he hasn't woken up."

Animegurl5

"That doesn't explain why I am here." She hissed, stealing a glance in the direction of beeps. "Nor does it tell me why I must stay. Talk quickly, I'm rather low on patience at the moment." Her voice was not kind in any way and neither was the look in her eyes.

Lady Jenn

"Well for one thing you're in no state to move," Petra replied. "If it wasn't for not wanting to blow our cover we'd have got you to a hospital. But also the only person who knows where your sister is is currently in a coma, Fizz is doing her best to work out if Tyler's discovered everything but right now we have a dead end and a sniper who seems to be following you somehow."

Animegurl5

"Let them follow all they want. He wasn't targeting me. It is painstakingly obvious that I have no idea where I am going... but even if I did I still highly doubt that he would shoot to kill. Did you not listen to a word I had to say back at the base? I know that Firebrand is full of crazy loons with guns... but as crazy as they are, they are most deffinately not stupid. If that's all you have to say to me then move out of the way... I have somewhere to be."

Lady Jenn

"Turk's in a coma cos he tried to help you," Petra said, snapping at her. "Maybe he'd have been better off keeping his mouth shut." She stormed out, Fizz mouthing to Morrison that she'd go after her. Morrison walked over to where Turk's limp body was lain, a drip in one hand and the heartbeat monitor registering a worryingly weak heartbeat. At that moment he didn't want to speak to her, he felt more angry with her than he had before.

"He knew where they were going," he said, anger in his voice. "Of course they weren't aiming for you, they were aiming for the one person they knew could help you. He has a kid Skylar, he could've left you to go get yourself killed but he risked his life to get you where you wanted."

Animegurl5

"He did this to himself. I left him behind because I realized that whatever decision I made would put him in danger if he was with me. It's his own damn fault." She growled, her arm striking out at the wall, pain lacing through the limb. "I had a plan but the moment that Izzy decided that she wanted Turk to come with me was the moment that it fell apart. I wasn't planning on company. And through all this, not one person has asked why they didn't shoot me. I was an easier target out there on the road. That sniper could have taken the easier way out by shooting me and then Turk when he stopped... You and I both know that he would have. But no... Not one damn shot fired in my direction. Do you know why?"

Lady Jenn

"Turk is ex-Firebrand," Morrison replied. "He knows stuff even Tyler hasn't figured out yet. It could take you weeks or months to find out what Turk knew already. They didn't need to shoot you, as long as he's out of action they have an advantage. "We're here to help you, but if you don't want our help I have to get Turk to a proper hospital. I don't want you to get hurt but it feels like you don't care how I feel." He walked out just as Fizz walked back  in.

"I know you don't mean to hurt him," Fizz said, "but he loves you. That much is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Let us help you, Petra can take Turk back to your base to get him the medical treatment he needs and you could do with extra guns if you're not going to listen to reason."

Animegurl5

"Again it's all about him. It's not for a lack of caring but the opposite. I care too much, and that is why I can't stay." She told Fizz, looking back over to the corner where the beeps came from. "Tell them to hurry him back to base, I don't want to stick around here much longer. All I need is a hand gun, a knife and a change of clothes. Other than that, I do believe that I am set. And reason, Fizz, was out of the question the moment I saw my sister's file at the office." She added, sitting back down on the bed that she had awoken on. Her sigh was heavy, thick with feelings and thoughts that she refused to share with words.