You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 22, 2018, 04:24:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Anime  (Read 46050 times)

Offline Nadir

• Dim Hon || The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking || Ignis et Crepitus
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: Delightfully Twisted || ne invoces expellere non possis || The aforementioned darkness
  • It'll look better with blood on it || [Glass Him]
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
Re: Anime
« Reply #775 on: May 17, 2018, 11:35:59 AM »
I gave up on Durarara for being too scattered, but have picked up Ajin while I wait for Tokyo Ghoul's second season to finish, so I can binge it *grin*

Offline Mirrah

« Reply #776 on: May 19, 2018, 01:23:51 AM »
I recently started watching Bartender. It's kind of different, but I don't dislike it. Then, some more Spice and Wolf, and Ballroom e Youkoso.

So I just got a glimpse of the new animation they are using for the new FMP series...and it's bad. Like really really bad. It's cheap cgi that you can obviously tell is cgi...ugh...almost not worth it to continue watching the series for this issue.

I'm sorry, but what is FMP, Sessha?

I gave up on Durarara for being too scattered, but have picked up Ajin while I wait for Tokyo Ghoul's second season to finish, so I can binge it *grin*

Tokyo Ghoul is on my back burner of Must Go Back To Watch anime. What I saw of Durarara was interesting, even if it was all over the place. So many characters though (I thought). Do you like Ajin so far, Nadir?

Online yugi006

• Cherishing his bestie Angel, Bes's Pillow, Rocked by Carnage, Wolfling's Adoring Pillow,
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • Location: With Cole in Her Arms, Hiding in the Shadows, Stalking Josi's Profile
  • Anesa's Game Tutor, Ninja Assassin
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #777 on: May 19, 2018, 02:29:08 AM »
I recently started watching Bartender. It's kind of different, but I don't dislike it. Then, some more Spice and Wolf, and Ballroom e Youkoso.

I'm sorry, but what is FMP, Sessha?

Ballroom e Youkoso is amazing.

FMP is Full Metal Panic.

Offline Mirrah

« Reply #778 on: May 19, 2018, 03:17:02 AM »
Ballroom e Youkoso is amazing.

FMP is Full Metal Panic.

I saw the first episode of Balroom e Youkoso. I liked it. :D

Thank you for answering my question, Yugi! I thought it might be Full Metal Panic, but I wasn't aware they'd made a new series of it.

Online yugi006

• Cherishing his bestie Angel, Bes's Pillow, Rocked by Carnage, Wolfling's Adoring Pillow,
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • Location: With Cole in Her Arms, Hiding in the Shadows, Stalking Josi's Profile
  • Anesa's Game Tutor, Ninja Assassin
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #779 on: May 19, 2018, 03:21:42 AM »
You'll definitely enjoy it then.

Yeah Full Metal Panic is a sequel.

Offline Sessha

« Reply #780 on: May 19, 2018, 01:52:15 PM »
Thank you for answering my question, Yugi! I thought it might be Full Metal Panic, but I wasn't aware they'd made a new series of it.

Yeah they just started releasing it a few weeks ago. It's suppose to be the final arc in the franchise. Though as I said the over use of really crappy CGI for the mecha battle scenes is...ugh...just almost enough to make me not want to watch the rest of it. The last thing they did for Full Metal Panic was about twelve years ago when they made Second Raid.

Offline TheScarletBlade

« Reply #781 on: May 20, 2018, 08:00:27 PM »
Anyone watching Golden Kamuy?

Loving this show, can't wait for the new episode every week.

Offline Haruki

« Reply #782 on: June 07, 2018, 09:18:15 PM »
Anyone watching Golden Kamuy?

Loving this show, can't wait for the new episode every week.

Started it a few weeks back, got to catch up.  Loving it as well.

Also got word across my anime news sources that Rose of Versailles is being yanked from all streaming and physical releases.  That 5 years Nozomi (RightStuf) had on it went fast, and it's a crying shame.  T_T.  That's a good (if old; circa 1979) classic shoujo with heavy real-world historical influences.  Whenever they do 'real world historical' in anime these days, they often over-do it in fictionalizing the characters / events (see: Kingdom for a good example).  As such, as I said, a shame they're letting this one go.  Hopefully -someone- out there can afford the ridiculous license fees for Versailles and get it back out there for others to enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:24:04 PM by Haruki »

Offline wander

• That Tired Lone Brit-lad // Geek-Nerd in a T-shirt // Not A Gentleman
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Degrader, Daddy, Sadist, though Master to Noone.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #783 on: June 08, 2018, 12:20:50 AM »
Got back to anime after a bit of a break. I come from a time and place in the anime fandom back from around 1990 when Manga UK was releasing OVAs on VHS and 'fifteening' most things. If you don't know what that means, they were basically adding more cussing into their dubs to get their releases to have a '15' certificate, which they figured was a lucrative market. So basically I was raised on Seinen from an early age and I enjoy shows which veer outside the 'moe' and conformative mass being released atm.

Been watching some things I'd figured I'd like from the Spring season. Here's my thoughts on what I chose;

Watched the first two episodes of Darling in the FranXX after all the hype. I'm actually not really a fan. I'll give the third episode a go before I decide whether to drop or not though. For some reason it's not been resonating with me.

Lupin the Third: Part 5. I like Lupin and it's classic anime kookiness. Still holds it's charm in this series. Liking it a lot.

Tokyo Ghoul:re I'm watching from the perspective of someone who read the original Tokyo Ghoul manga, have not seen the anime (heard season 2 was mostly filler and filler deserves to be in the trash), has not yet read the :re manga and figured this may be better to jump into. I've heard people are not liking this series though I'm finding it okay. So far. Could falter, though I dig the concept of
spoiler from final chapter of the Tokyo Ghoul manga
Kaneki dissociating to become Sasaki
and also the concept of the Quinx squad.

Megalo Box had a real strong start. Has that funky Cowboy Bebop/Afrom Samurai. I'm not a sports or boxing fan and avoid these kind of anime usually, though the appeal of it's aesthetic hooked me in and I'm glad I've given it a shot.

Uuchu Senkan Tirimasu; imagine if adult swim made a Gundam show. ;D Each episode is about 10 minutes long and parodies space mecha shows really well. Genuinely enjoying this and sometimes it can get so absurb with it's humour whilst another joke can be really relateable. Kooky and fun with moments I genuinely laughed out loud watching.

Gonna try Beatless at some point because I like android stuff, plus I'll give Dorei-Ku the Animation a go too, because lewd.  :-)

Offline Envious

« Reply #784 on: June 17, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
Megalo Box had a real strong start. Has that funky Cowboy Bebop/Afrom Samurai. I'm not a sports or boxing fan and avoid these kind of anime usually, though the appeal of it's aesthetic hooked me in and I'm glad I've given it a shot.

Love the style, but the story is meh. I want to like it just because it's so purty.