VictorianPunk - Agency Mysteries in a parallel world

Started by Ramael, October 18, 2011, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Immortelle

Alias, modernised name: Macumazana (Meaning, the one who stands out.), Catherine the Huntress

Legend taken/lore based on: Allan Quatermain

Agency affiliation: The League of Strange

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Brief written appearance: Cate is a woman of about 6'1", weighing in at 160 lbs. She's 45 years old, short hair and dressed in a military-like outfit for most part. But appears much younger, as if she's in her late 30's/early 40's.

Country of birth: England

History: Born in the rainy England, Catherine moved to the wilderness of South Africa at a very young age after the death of her mother due to malaria with her preacher father Joesph Fergusson. There, she grew up surrounded by an environment which was a mixture of old and new due to the advances made by the British people in their colonies in the Dark Continent whilst being around the native Africans and the rich wildlife around them. Based in Durban, she travelled with her father around the colony multiple times as he did the work of god. Since a young age, Catherine exhibited a keen interest in tracking and hunting and showed remarkable marksmanship, something which had often came handy for her when travelling with father. When she was 19, Joesph was shot by a poisonous arrow leading to his untimely death after the two British men they were travelling with had managed to offend the tribesmen they were visiting by having an affair with one of the younger girls.

This incident affected her deeply, and though a staunch supporter of colonial line of thought of the Empire, she realised that the native Africans too needed their own input in the process of bringing progress and life to the mysterious continent. She became famous for her adventures in wilderness and her abilities as a hunter as time went on, and married Jack Brydon a British army officer at the age of 21, the union produced one son, Alexander. However tragedy struck her again as Jack was diagnosed with pneuomonia deep in the jungles and ended up dying as a result of that. She focused on her son and the life of an outdoorswoman, discovering many hidden secrets of the continent such as uncovering many Zulu myths, the point of inception of Nile, King Solomon's mines amongst many others. Her son often accompanying her on most of the journies. Some frowned at the 'unwomanly' behaviour she was known to exhibit but she could care less.

After decades of hunting, she began to realise the kind of attention her exploits had generated back home, bringing a slew of amateur hunters down to Africa and destroying the beautiful continent..and often losing their own lives in the process, unaware of the perils awaiting them in these mysterious lands. Tragedy struck her once again when she was 42 years old, her son..now an adorable young man of 21 drowned mysteriously when he had gone for a swim in one of the lakes. Being unable to uncover this mystery shook her to the core and haunts her to this day.

Personality: Catherine is rather cynical and cranky woman. Years of living the hard life and the bad events which hit her at key junctures in her life has made her a rather bitter person. She's not easy to get along with and usually perceives most as below her. Though beneath the rough and tough exterior is a wise woman who can employ the experiences gained through all these years into effect to get out of some nasty situations. Has a dark sense of humour and now hardly even cares for her life, jumping into things with a daredevil attitude.

Abilities: One of the greatest hunters of all time, a true marksman and skilled in jungle survival. Able to speak multiple native African languages. Sharp instincts which almost border on superhuman. Master with virtually all kinds of weapons.

Strengths: Her deeply honed instincts, proficiency with weapons and knowledge of martial arts makes her a very formidable foe. Catherine is a strong woman who can easily break an arm or two if the need calls for it. An excellent negotiator.

Weakness: Far too paranoid for her own good, occassional opium user.

Likes/Dislikes: (Likes) Guns, Wilderness, Women, Men, Jungles, Native Africans, Sunny Weather, Hunting, Adventure. (Dislikes) England, Rainy Weather, Over-reliance on technology, Publicity.

Political stance: Barely cares about that anymore after the death of her son. All she wants is her and her beloved Africa to be left alone.

Views on their agency, and the other agencies: Her approach towards League upon being recruited was of annoyance but at the same time she sees it as an oppurtunity for an adventure to top off all of her adventures, a last hurrah of sorts for her before she retires for good.

Her view of Enigma Club is a neutral one, she has encountered some supernatural beings in her time in Africa and has had certain otherworldly experiences so they don't bother of freak her out like they would to someone else. But she's not exactly on friendly terms with them either.

Catherine despises Mystus Order for their power hungry motives are too apparent to her. Despite of good work done by preachers including her father, she has always perceived the Vatican as a bunch of power hungry people who would use the shield of religion to get away with anything and to fool people.

Favourite food: Anything edible and booze. Lots of booze.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Alysanthia on October 22, 2011, 12:08:44 AM
Maybe do traditional French-Canadian meals? Since he is a lumberjack, Paul probably liked home cooked meals and wild game.

I've got plenty of ideas for alternative meals - that's one of them - but the question was if I should stick with the stereotype for comedic value or not.

Kristine

Wow, some good characters here :)

Especially like Amazon's Catherine. I think my char could get along pretty good with her

Maelyn

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 22, 2011, 12:01:17 AM
Opinions from people: For Paul's favorite food, should I subvert the flapjacks stereotype or play it straight?

I'm all for comedic value - if you wish him to be a comedic character, that is.  Otherwise, it's truly up to you.  Perhaps a little bit of both?

TheGlyphstone

The actual character is going to be anything but comedic. It's just that lumberjacks are supposed to like flapjacks, and I can't decide whether it would be a funnier in-joke to follow through with it or not.

Maelyn

Perhaps if you make it flapjacks, he gets pissed off if when people find out they tease him about it?

Ramael

Wow, this exploded over a couple of days. Nice to see you, Glyph. Thanks for all the characters and interest, all the sheets I've seen so far look very very good - I don't have time to go into details unfortunately as this weekend is incredibly hectic, but it all looks good so far.

The only thing I'm concerned for is I think we're overweighed in favour of the LoS at the moment, but I'm sure that can be remedied with time and a couple more players.

Bear with me! :)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Maelyn on October 22, 2011, 12:23:34 PM
Perhaps if you make it flapjacks, he gets pissed off if when people find out they tease him about it?

Maybe, or maybe he gets pissed when people assume he likes flapjacks, since he's allergic to flour or something. It makes him angry, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry. :D

Hm - yeah, we have 4 LoS characters (RRH, Christine, Catherine, and Paul), and 1 EC character (Baba Yaga).

Le Immortelle

Alias, modernised name: The Woman Who Wouldn't Grow Up

Legend taken/lore based on: Peter Pan

Agency affiliation: The Enigma Club

Appearance:

Brief written appearance: Petra has a youthful appearance about her, and looks no older than a woman of about 20-21 years of age. She stands at 5'11" and weighs in at around 145 lbs

Country of birth: Neverland/England

History: Long time ago, Petra aged 14 was lost in Kensington Gardens until the next day after she woke up in a completely different home which was totally unlike the world she had known. That land was Neverland. It was the magical land full of fun and adventure where every day was sunday. There she was eventually joined by a band of other lost children who eventually ended up electing her as their leader. She aged for few more years until after which she simply decided to stop aging because she wanted to hold on to the youthful innocence and playful nature instead of getting corrupted by the dumb and mundane vision of an adult.

She often came down to Kensington even after that to listen to the stories which had enchanted her in her childhood and to play the prankster in the area. Those around her in Neverland too never aged due to her powers. She continued to have adventures in both human world and in Neverland which eventually garnered interest of The Enigma Club who offered her membership. Ever the seeker of thrills, Petra accepted it gladly.

Personality: Petra is an arrogant person who is as boastful as it gets. She displays a devil may care attitude towards most things and can be considered rather pompous and dominating due to having led The Lost Boys for so long and being used to the position of leader. She could be nasty to her subordinates, almost treating them like dirt at times. Extremely cocky and not afraid of anything, she won't hesitate to put herself in the harm's way if it's going to lead to something good and just. For all the arrogance, she has a strong sense of morals which is buried beneath all the bragging and boasting. She's also a well known prankster, often playing tricks on everyone which lead to some hilarious situations.

Abilities: Unending youth, Flying, Excellent Swordsmanship, Mimicry, Superhuman Senses.

Strengths: Petra's swordsmanship skills are next to none, Not aging and retaining a very tomboyish attitude means she has an extreme level of curiosity over most things..not clouding her mind like the way other's end up being. Flying makes transit far more easier for her. Unusually high intellect.

Weakness: Cocky attitude, often ignores the seriousness of the situation, doesn't care if she's annoying others with her pranks.

Likes/Dislikes: (Likes) Fairies, Neverland, Stories, Adventure, Women, Men, Pranks. (Dislikes) Boring attitude of adults, Being serious, Being told what to do.

Political stance: Petra is not at all concerned about politics and whatever the complications the politicians and their schemes. It's a subject which she views as the most boring one.

Views on their agency, and the other agencies: The Engima Club intrigues her..as it's a gathering of a variety of characters which she wouldn't have had a chance to meet and have fun otherwise. Her attitude can cause friction at times but she loves the adventure being with it offers and likes being part of the club.

Petra views League of Strange as bunch of overzealous humans who have grown old far too quickly to enjoy life at a laid back pace being way too serious about their own work when there's so much fun to be had with every day being a party.

Mystus Order is a group which baffles her and she's unable to understand their motives behind all the mysterious antics they keep on doing. That's a mystery which she would like to unravel.

Favourite food: Chocolate!

Kristine

I like your ability to turn classic male characters into females Amazon :)

Alysanthia

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 22, 2011, 12:30:24 PM
Maybe, or maybe he gets pissed when people assume he likes flapjacks, since he's allergic to flour or something. It makes him angry, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry. :D

Hm - yeah, we have 4 LoS characters (RRH, Christine, Catherine, and Paul), and 1 EC character (Baba Yaga).

Or it is his secret addiction, and once he starts eating flapjacks no one had better bother him. xD

Ramael

A quickie - great character Alys, one I like almost more than your first one (almost) but isn't Petra human, technically making her LoS? Although a character based on Tinkerbell would be Enigma material. Or the absinthe fairy, actually, on a different tack.

I can make a character to balance this out a tad.  I don't mind you having two characters, unless we get a torrent of new applicants. 

Kristine

Edited the last part of Monique's Background History

Alysanthia

Quote from: Ramael on October 22, 2011, 01:04:57 PM
A quickie - great character Alys, one I like almost more than your first one (almost) but isn't Petra human, technically making her LoS? Although a character based on Tinkerbell would be Enigma material. Or the absinthe fairy, actually, on a different tack.

I can make a character to balance this out a tad.  I don't mind you having two characters, unless we get a torrent of new applicants.

>_> Don't you mean Amazon?

Le Immortelle

Quote from: Ramael on October 22, 2011, 01:04:57 PM

I put her there because I figured after being in Neverland for so long, coupled with the kind of superhuman abilities she has..she's hardly anything but human anymore. Besides, Engima needs some more people lol. But i'm fine with her switching teams and putting her in LoS as well.

TheGlyphstone

Alias, modernised name: Big Paul

Legend taken/lore based on: Paul Bunyan

Agency affiliation:  League of Strange

Appearance:

Brief written appearance: Most of the time, Paul is merely extremely large, standing 6'9" in his stocking feet and almost two hundred and fifty pounds, with the rough features and shape of a healthy man in his mid-thirties. He has a thick black beard that never seems to grow, nor does he ever appear to need to shave it. He prefers to dress in sturdy blue jeans with suspenders, a checkered flannel shirt, and a knitted cap, and frequently carries a massive double-headed axe over one shoulder. His overall appearance does not change when he enters his 'rage state', but he grows in height to roughly twenty feet and to approximately half a ton in weight, and his chiseled, sharp-jawed face becomes noticably more haggard and feral.

Country of birth: Canada (Quebec)

History:Paul was born to a pair of French-Canadian settlers in the Canadian frontier - unfortunately, he was a very big baby, and complications from the difficult birth killed his mother in the process. Instead, he grew up a collective child of the lumber camps that his father worked in and migrated between. Always a big child, and with a very short temper, he was ill-liked by his peers and spent long periods of time in the forest alone. On one of those trips into the deep forest, he happened to meet a young Iroquois squaw, and the two became friends, gradually learning each other's language and spending long hours together.

In a happier story, deep friendship might have blossomed into love, but while the Indian girl Paul nicknamed 'Bebe' liked him, many of the other natives of the local forests did not. They hated the lumberjacks for despoiling their ancestral lands, in particular a respected and skilled warrior who was also Bebe's older brother. He knew about Paul, and suspected him of untoward designs towards his sister in addition to being one of the hated white men chopping down trees without heed for the land. And so one day, while Paul was out chopping trees alone, a massive war party descended on the logging camp to butcher and scalp everyone present, Paul's father among them. When he returned to find the carnage, it drove him to a fury he had never before experienced, awakening a power within him that transformed him into a literal giant. He strode through the forest like an angry god, single-handedly assaulting and devastating the Iroquois village where the victorious raiders had returned to celebrate.  Slings, arrows, and axes bounced off him like the stings of mosquitoes, as he slaughtered them to the last man, woman, and child in a berserk fury. Eventually, his rage did expend himself, but to his horror, he discovered Bebe had been held captive there by her brother to keep her from warning the lumberjacks, and he had inadvertantly crushed her underfoot during his blood rampage. She died in his arms, and the only other survivor of the camp, the tribe's shaman, living long enough to invoke his most potent blood curse on Paul. He would live forever, never to die and be reunited with his love.

The shaman's curse proved to be all too true. Compelled against suicide by the magic, he instead turned to wandering first American, then the world, in search of a power that could break his doom and allow him to die. He sought out the most remote locations and dangerous situations, but his rage state would return whenever he was truly in mortal danger, and he always survived. Forests fell under his axe, and he dug out entire lakes to drink from, but nowhere could he find someone capable of helping him. Eventually, he came across an agent of the League of Strange, who persuaded him to join its banner...if anything could kill him despite his best efforts, it would be the sorts of things the League fought against, and if it failed, he had still done good by humanity.

Personality: For such a big man, Paul is surprisingly quite and contemplative. He does not speak often, and considers his words carefully before he does. Mistaking him for a soft-hearted person is a grave error though, as his long years of loss and loneliness have hardened his heart against the world, and he retains the savage, knife-ended temper and propensity to violence from his youth, a compulsion he fights against frequently.

Abilities: Axe-wielding skill, Woodsmanship, Giant Size Transformation.

Strengths: In his normal state, Paul is merely a strong and resilient fighter, with a decent level of experience in surviving in the wilderness. When he allows his fury to overtake him, he can transform into his giant shape, becoming a veritable titan of destruction with vastly enhanced strength and a potent ability to heal from wounds.

Weakness: Paul is wise, but not particularly intellectually smart, and this deficiency is greatly enhanced when he takes on his rage state. In giant form, he is bestial and near-mindless, capable of recognizing his allies and avoiding deliberate injury to them, but not much else.

Likes/Dislikes: (Likes) Forests, Women, soft music, whittling and carving; (Dislikes) Bullies, pompous intellectuals, Native Americans, being under pressure

Political stance: Enjoying a mostly nomadic lifestyle, Paul has never stayed in one place long enough to develop strong political leanings.

Views on their agency, and the other agencies: Even with his employment, Paul sees the League of Strange only as a means to an end; with its resources and on its missions, he will eventually find something that can break his curse, or else die in the process of searching. He has no such regard for the Enigma Club, however - through his travels across the American wilderness, he met and fought many entities of Native American legend that would fit comfortably in the Club's ranks, coloring his attitude with hostility. For all his life, Paul was a devout Roman Catholic, though his faith waned after prayer failed to free him from his cursed state. This persists now in a grudging, almost instinctive respect for agents of the Mystus Order, despite an intellectual knowledge of their highly secular motives.

Favorite food: Not flapjacks - in fact, he is severely allergic to breads and pastas (gluten intolerant), and get severely annoyed when people, for some reason, assume he only eats pancakes. Instead, he enjoys cornbread, beans, and heavily spiced beef, all foods he discovered and learned to enjoy during his travels in the American southwest. Jalapeno peppers in particular, he will often eat raw for fun.

Kristine

Alias, modernized name: Horseman (or Double H, as some call him)

Legend taken/lore based on: Headless Horseman (European folk tale popular mostly in Ireland)

Agency affiliation: Enigma Club

Appearance:

Brief written appearance: It's the tall figure (about 220 cm (7'2'') of what appears to be definitely male. He wears black leather clothes and dark red cloak which is constantly covered in stains of blood, dirt and mud, so that it's dark color seems even darker, almost black. He rides the huge black horse with red devilish eyes. Unlike the legend, he doesn't hold his severed head under his arm, instead if you are unlucky enough, you can spot huge two handed sword which he waves easily with just one hand. Black leather boots completes his grim appearance.

Country of birth: Ireland (At least he was first time spotted in there)

History: Headless Horseman is a ghost, the spirit, and like any spirit his "history" is more of a collection of legends and myths rather than actual documented story. of course he was a human some time. Of course his head was cut in most special circumstances, but no one really knows where, how or for what. Some say he is executed criminal or warrior who seeks vengeance upon his punishers, some say it's just the death itself in one of his forms. According to few legends, he rides all night long and when he stops, someone dies at the spot, but it seems more like a legend created by folk. Some say he is orchestrated by powerful witch, some say he acts independently. It's unclear as well.

Personality: Explaining the personality of someone without head, would be the real task. All that is known is that he CAN be pissed off, when he is, it's a good time to run. He may not have ears to listen and mouth to answer, but he understands and responds.

His motives is unclear. He can appear in Enigma hideout at any time of the day, but you can see him in action only at the night and early dawn. Studying the list of his victims, one can assume he has sense of morality or at least he is often after the "bad guys", but at times, some seemingly innocent people can get under his sword as well. (Though in such situations, careful study of their past often reveals hidden secrets and mortal sins)

Abilities: He can appear and disappear from out of sight. It's not that Horsman can appear in a spot at which the person is staring, but he can come out of dark, out of the fog or out of the corner when no one looks at and disappear in same manner as well. If one is chasing him and have him under his vision, he can't just spoof into air, but if black horse turns around corner in some desolated street and one's not quick enough to follow, he can find the horseman disappeared, even if the direction he turned is dead end.

But not that it's often when he choses to flee. His brute force is incredible. His horse can outrun any living natural animal on the planet and his sword play is magnificent. He can easily cut in two few men with one swing and his horse's hoofs can ram down many doors of many houses.

He has huge, weighty Morning Star as well under her left side, that he uses in extremely rare situations when he is largely outnumbered ot when he just wants someone's head not to just roll, but roll deformed...

It seems that he can be hurt though. Shooting at him will cause him to bleed and if enemy will manage to deal great damage, he can make him to flee, but when he visits back, the wounds are healed. being the spirit, he is immortal of course (or at least can't be killed in traditional way), but The Horseman appearance is materialized body, so of course it can be affected.

Strengths: Magnificent swordplay abilities. Brute force. Ability to appear and disappear. Speed and strength of his horse.

Weakness: Can be useful only at night, until the dawn... And he's not best companion for those who like friendly dialogues.

Likes/Dislikes: It's hard to determine his tastes but one thing is clear - he doesn't like when he is attacked, and his attackers don't like what happens after.

Political stance: You're joking, right?

Views on their agency, and the other agencies: It seems that his loyal to Enigma club, as he never ever went against any of their operation or general ideals. He often aids League of Strange as well, though his aid is always unexpected. Seems like Mystus Order is the least likely organization that can count on his friendship as many of its members were found cut in two or beheaded by his sword.

Favorite food: Yes sure... food

Maelyn

Alias, modernized name:  Aimee de Rivery

Legend taken/lore based on:  Character origin based on Aimee du Buc de Rivery (altered slightly).  Other elements based on the Fountain of Youth – with a twist.

Agency affiliation:  League of Strange

Appearance:  (see pic)

Brief written appearance:  The first thing most people notice about her is her bright red hair.  The color is so distinct and contrasts so much against her skin and clothing that it is hard to miss.  Otherwise they may be taken in by her porcelain skin or light brown eyes that always make her seem as if she is holding a very great secret. 

Standing at about five and a half feet, she is average at best in the height department, but makes up for it in beauty and style.  Her features are generally soft, but with angles that can make her seem more sinister in certain lights, or shadows as it were.  She comes across as a beautiful, elegant noblewoman of quality, which indeed she is.

She carries herself with an elegance born and bred.  She is no stranger to the finer side of life and, indeed, has no wish to do without it.  She enjoys her life, such as it is, and has no wish to see it change – at least not for the worse.  She delves into her unique sense of fashion, even designing a clothing line for young men and women, much of which she wears herself. 

Country of birth:  Martinique (French Caribbean island)

History:  Aimee was born in December 1776 into great wealth and notable family.  Her parents were wealthy French plantation owners and one of the first families in the French region of Martinique, doing very well for themselves there.  In addition, her connection as cousin to Empress Josephine made her a great potential match – the options of which she’d overheard her parents discussing the night before she was sent off to France for schooling at a convent there.

It was during her return voyage in August 1793 that her ship was set upon by the infamous Barbary pirates of legend.  Due to her pure state, the pirates left her untouched and sold her at the next auction for a hefty profit.  She was bought and removed to the harem of the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire.

Aimee remained in the harem for the next two years.  She bore a son to the Sultan, but political intrigue resulted in his murder while still a newborn.  But that was just the beginning.  Still grieving for her child, Aimee was thrust into the middle of a takeover.  The sultan was killed and his nephew took his place. 

As is customary, the old Sultan’s harem was discarded.  She isn’t sure what happened to the others, but Aimee was sold and sent to meet her new owner, a nomadic sheik from one of the desert tribes.  Upon arrival, she realized he was a vile, sadistic man with a penchant for violence.  Unwilling to submit, Aimee fought the man, though he seemed to enjoy it.  She was still raped and beaten, but before the end, she had her revenge in the form of a dagger to his throat.

Bloodied and beaten, her injuries included numerous bruises, a few broken ribs and a broken wrist, Aimee somehow was able to persevere and escape.  But that was just the beginning of her troubles, for where could she go in the middle of the desert?  She had no training in navigating the vast ocean of sand.  Everywhere she looked was the same.  In desperation, she continued her journey without food or water. 

One the third day, she saw it – an oasis.  At first, she thought she might be hallucinating, but the lure was too much to resist.  Her lips were chapped and cracked, each movement of them causing them to bleed; her feet were blistered and scraped raw from the sand; and her delicate skin was burned to a crisp red sheen, also blistering in places where the sun hit the most. 

Upon arrival, she nearly cried with relief at finding the oasis was real.  She stumbled and fell to her knees before the pool of water, bending to drink her fill before falling onto her side.  She lay gazing up at the blazing sun until her eyelids drooped and she passed out in exhaustion.

Her dreams were disjointed, but vivid.  Scenes of others coming to the same oasis as she had, complete with burns, blisters and thirst, only to exit the same completely rejuvenated, as if nothing had previously occurred. 

When she awoke, Aimee found that, as in her dream, she was free of harm.  Her skin was once again healthy and back to its natural creamy complexion, her lips were soft and unchapped, her wrist back in place as if it had never been broken and her breathing unlabored from now-healed ribs.  She wasn’t sure what happened, but she was glad of it. 

Partaking of the waters and fruits of the oasis, she was able to survive at the oasis for many weeks.  Many times of the day and night she would walk to the top of the adjacent hill in search of travelers.  Luckily she was able to find some and beg a ride to the nearest city.  Once there, she contacted the French embassy and was soon reunited with her family.

To this day, she talks very little of what happened during her capture.  But she has noticed the effects of it.  She is positive the oasis was somehow magical in nature.  Since them she has noticed a decided difference in herself.  She is ever all full health.  Even once when she accidentally sliced her finger, she saw it heal before her eyes.   

When she realized she was unchanging, not aging, she made excuses to her family and moved back to France for a time.  After her parent’s death, she inherited their estate and used it to keep herself on the move.  She traveled far and wide, learning what she could of various myths and legends.  She also spent much of her time learning to handle herself, vowing never to be at another man’s mercy as she had with the sheik. 

Presently, she resides in Paris and is dabbling with couture.  She has always enjoyed fashion and has even tried her hand at design herself.  They’ve become fairly popular and she is happy for their success.

Additionally, during her travels she encountered members of the League of Strange and was inducted recently.  She is still learning the ropes there, but hopes she can make a difference.

Personality:  Feisty, opinionated, stubborn, compassionate, daring

Abilities:  Various abilities as generated during her stay at the oasis (fountain of youth):

Eternal youth:  Aimee has not aged since her time in the oasis (fountain of youth) and is nigh immortal so long as she keeps her head (literally) and her heart is in tact, she will not die. 

Regeneration:  She is able to heal nearly all injuries at an accelerated rate, which varies depending on the severity of said injury.  For example, a small cut may only take minutes but breaking a bone could take a few days to fully heal. 

Heightened senses:  All five of her senses are heightened, similar to that of animals, enabling her to see clearly at a distance or the detail on a small item.  Her hearing and sense of smell are also enhanced, to where she can hear a pin drop in the next room if she wished.  Her sense of taste is also heightened, allowing her to better discern the flavors of her meals, including the spices used within.  Touch is a tricky thing, but she has a newfound love for textured fabrics and layered clothing, as can be seen in her fashions.

Heightened agility, strength, stamina:  She can run faster, longer, and farther than normal.  She can jump/leap greater distances if she wishes, and has an added advantage in physical altercations, though she’d prefer not to let it come to that.

Fighting skills:  During her travels, Aimee has learned to use a variety of weapons – both melee and longer range.  For melee, she prefers a longsword or scimitar for her main hand with a main gauche (dagger) in the other.  When there is a need for distance fighting, she opts for a set of pistols.  She’s also pretty handy with a sniper rifle and at hand to hand combat when the situation warrants.

Couture:  Aimee has great talent for clothing design and their execution in all materials from the softest of silks to studded leather.  She’s recently started working on designs for members of the League of Strange, which include various articles of clothing with special pockets and compartments for their tools, weapons, etc.

Languages:  French, English, Turkish, Persian

Strengths:  Beyond those listed under abilities, Aimee has great strength of character, though at times she may attempt to lighten severe moods with humor.  She can be a bit of a daredevil at times and is generally unafraid to do what is necessary to survive.  She survived her capture and came out ahead, as she sees it.

Weakness:  Aimee is still human, just a very enhanced one.  Thought her regenerative ability can seem to make her invincible, she really isn’t.  Wounds still need to heal and that takes time.  In the heat of battle, if she’s not careful, she could take too many hits to function, leaving her open for her enemy to give her permanent death via beheading or destruction of her heart.

Likes/Dislikes:   

Likes:  Men, couture, knowledge (especially myths/legends), traveling, individuality.

Dislikes:  Sadists, rapists, murderers, mushrooms, conformity, the desert.

Political stance:  Aimee doesn’t really subscribe to any particular party, but instead has her own motto:  For the good of all.

Views on their agency, and the other agencies: 

League of Strange:  She is still new at the League and learning their ways, but as yet has no issue with them.  Indeed, she’s quite agreed with most everything she’s learned and has hope they can make a solid difference for humanity.

Enigma Club:  From what Aimee has heard of them, she can see how they are also striving to do good for humanity and as such, has no issue with them.

Mystus Order:  Everything she has heard about them makes her skin crawl.  Aimee sees them as power hungry and self-righteous zealots who have no care for those who do not conform.

Favorite food:  Strawberries and champagne.

TheGlyphstone

Maelyn

I could easily make her Enigma, though I wasn't sure she'd fit as she's human, but special.  Lol  :)

Alysanthia

Five League of Strange, three Enigma Club, zero order members.

Six female characters and two male characters.

TheGlyphstone

The Order is an NPC faction anyways, Ramael said.

yindaijin

I like this concept!

Alias, modernised name: Daithi O Dobhailen (prounounced "da-hee oh dove-all-in"

Legend taken/lore based on: Cat Sidhe, the cat people or cat "fairies"

Agency affiliation: Enigma Club

Appearance:

Brief written appearance: Daithi's most outstanding features are the dark black cat ears he has instead of human ears (not in picture) and his tail. Other than that one will most likely mark his messy hair, shocking green-yellow eyes, and thin, lithe figure. He is extremely flexible like a cat and his features are very delicate and feline. Despite this appearance he is rather muscular, with long, stretched muscles like a swimmer or a cat rather than the raw power of a weight-lifter. He looks about 23 or so despite the fact that he is actually several decades old.

Country of birth: Ireland

History: Daithi was born nearly a century ago. He was originally given the Latin name "Felinus." He is a member of the Cat Sidhe or "Cat Folk." As a fairy he committed a horrible crime against his fellow fair folk and was banished to live out his life as an anthropomorphized cat. He was raised in Ireland by a human couple that found a way to overlook the cat ears and the tail.

When his human parents died he left home and joined the Enigma Club that had just formed. Since then he has served them. Over the years his powers have become stronger. When he was first forced into his humanoid body he had almost no abilities from his fairy life. Now, however, he seems to be regaining them over time. It is possible this is because his banishment is not permanent, but he doesn't know.

Personality: Sarcastic and witty, Daithi is always ready with a quick retort. He is friendly and likable, but can be dangerous to those that threaten him. As a member of the Cat Sidhe he tends to distrust others while outwardly expressing trust.

Abilities: Night-vision, perfect balance, sixth sense for danger.

Strengths: Very flexible, excellent sense of smell, nearly impervious to emotional injury.

Weakness: Is terrified of large dogs, can't resist fish and will abandon almost any pursuit in order to eat some, also hates getting wet except for showers.

Likes/Dislikes:

Likes - Fish, milk, girls, cats.

Dislikes - Getting wet, dogs, fire.

Political stance: Anarchist.

Views on their agency, and the other agencies: Enjoys the fun that comes with being a part of a secret organization but isn't overly loyal to the Enigma Club. As far as the LoS he tends to laugh at them, often calling them a bunch of humans being silly.

Favourite food: Fish of course!
Is fearr Gaelige bhriste na Bearla cliste.
Eirinn go brach!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122626.0

Ramael

Quote from: Alysanthia on October 22, 2011, 01:08:32 PM
>_> Don't you mean Amazon?

Yes, yes I did. Sorry!

Great character Glyph, although he's a lot more haunted and grudge-bearing than I thought Bunyan'd be. This is not a bad thing, I'm just musing.

Also Alys, Glyph had it right, the Mystus Order is an antagonist NPC faction.

Kristine, I lovelove HH, hard, in the face.

Amazon, keep Petra Enigma for now then.

Just so I can keep track, how many of you have characters for both teams now?

Welcome, Yind! Could you expand a little on Daithl's stance in the Engima Club? He's not "overly loyal" to them yet he joined them. How did he join them...and why? Sorry to sound like a quizmaster host there!

Nice character Mae, does she have any urge to investigate her old claims in the Ottoman Empire? Curious, maybe?

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, but I like turning things on their head. The actual Paul Bunyan myths won't get started for another thirty years or so, so there's plenty of time for them to get 'lighter and softer' compared to the bare-knuckled reality. It mostly sprouted out of turning Babe The Blue Ox into a blue-eyed Iroquois girl, and grew from there.