Bakemono-Shiki [Anime|School|Beast]

Started by Leki, January 11, 2017, 12:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, so fear being picked on because favorite anime picks ::)

How much it says about me that after I finish Naruto (not done it yet on anime) my next to go to watch is Panty&Stockings.

Leki

Quote from: Broken on January 24, 2017, 08:18:06 PMI'm going to keep quiet on this one to avoid the 'your favorite anime is trash' incidents.
Eh, we've already gone through One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, and SAO... don't think there's much else that people openly like to bash. xD
Plus, you can't be worse than Zaer who called Teenage Ninja Turtles an anime xD

@Zaer
I'm okay with characters that don't have any living family members, and I'm fine with a character that is from a low socioeconomic background. I've got nothing against a character who doesn't want to be at the academy either... but think it could be problematic for certain people to have people who are hostile towards Shiki. (Essentially if you're going to play the hostile, I don't like anyone character, you've got to have pretty thick skin and portray yourself pretty well).

In your case, I think the issue is that you keep linking your character up to something impressively striking. Giving them strength, knowledge, abilities, etc and that's not working in your favor.

Steir

Gurren Lagann is a fun experience for me.

Devil Survivor 2: The Animation and Persona 4: The Animation - if you couldn't finish the game or don't have it but wanted to know what happened anyway. ;3c

Devil Survivor 2 in particular gave me feels, and also brings up interesting things about choice.

Gundam series... I wouldn't say they are all good - more like it is an acquired taste you have to start somewhere before you start actually liking it.

Shaman King - I liked the ideas that took place in the series and how it finished things up. I was sad that the next generation for this series was stopped just when things got interesting. I think Leki's game would have some elements that could be inspired from Shaman King (but this is just my opinion :3c).

Rurouni Kenshin - I recommend the manga, since anime went off in an unusual tangent and left with a not-so-happy ending.

Tsubasa Chronicle and xxxHolic - if you can get over the art where character arms look weird, is pretty okay. Tsubasa Chronicle gets confusing near the end, while xxxHolic is relatively stable.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, my bad I said TMNT as anime as it's in truth a cartoon :P. My bad slip up there. I did watch pokemon in TV also but I liked TMNT more.

Leki:

Okay, how sounds this story then; a rich family 'troublemaking' youngest daugther hangs out with a 'bad boy' and father does not approve the match. The daugther gives no fucks about father's opinion and as response father disinherits her from family funds and property. The girl does not care (being love and all) and goes with her handsome edgy boyfriend on sunset on his motorcicle.

They move to Las Vegas and guy finds work but becomes alcoholic and his behavior changes through it (plus problems at work) and became abusive. Girl gets pregnant and births a young boy and the fresh 'Las Vegas' marriage lasts two more years until guy dies on motorbike accident while drunk. The guy had burned money on gambling and had not paid bills (wife not aware) and so appartment falls under her. Using last money on gas she moves to L.A to try find work, but fails as she had not finished her schooling and thus got low paying jobs.

However even if she owned a car she had nothing much herself (the bike which was most money burned thing in entire last marriage got busted in accident beyond salvage value). Any property owned by husband got comprehended by landlord and other people who husband owned debts. So basically young mother was homeless and she and young boy lived in the car basically. Then over the years mother got involved drinking (like father had) and got into drugs and it rendered to downward spiral to die on overdose one night when boy was still fourteen and had not gone to any schools (does not know how read&write) and was involved in scheming and pickpocketing. The girl family had not supported her at all (and refused to help her when her 'husband' had died thanks harsh father). But once she died her body was found, recognized and then delivered to the rich family. However family did not accept the custody of the child daugther had made and boy was not even allowed attend the funeral (because he was filthy). This event made young man grow bitter on society overall (and government had lost respect also as they refused give mother housing because she owned a car and was drug user). Brief time young man was in government orphanage but he ran off, as he felt prisoner than human being in there.

Hunger drove young man to work but with lots of time and depression the boy also got involved with drugs and became addict; it's insanely boring to watch even sunny L.A beaches for 12 hours on day after your done from work. LSD gives pretty colorful sunsets. Eventually addict habbits drove him off from work oppoturnities as well and result to collecting bottles for spare coin and looting garbage pins for food. Then one day he finds a letter, which he cannot read but out of memory recognized few words here and there and tossed it away, thinking he accidentally got some lucky young student's application acceptance to university or something from one thrash bins.

Then his life got interesting when men in suits apprehended him, first thinking he was seeing things (he had started see weird shit outside drug use but as usual he just ignored what he saw), so he was easy to get hold on but once he felt men in suits were real they had a real fight on their hands as screaming hobo started smack and bite and overall be damn painful for any attempt for peaceful retrieval for the Sashiki Academy. He had to be tranquilized for transport and he got freaked out as he woke up (he had heard countless horror stories of hobos being kidnapped for government 'questionable' experiments).

It took long while for him calmed down and made understand he was not kidnapped but recruited secretly by big organization and promise of free food helped a lot improve his mood. Now usual problems follow from his lack of education, lack of hygiene and his drug addiction (he had more than once snuck to nurse room to steal bills and meds to get a 'trip' and caught with the bills).

Broken

Well, I can always rewatch the Blue Exorcist.

Steir

*looks at Zaer's character concept*

If I ever had a bad day, I think I'll just look this up and remember how it could have been worse.

:o

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Steir on January 24, 2017, 09:20:15 PM
*looks at Zaer's character concept*

If I ever had a bad day, I think I'll just look this up and remember how it could have been worse.

:o

Yeah, feel very, very grateful for the life your having as there are people who are lot more worse and who had less power and control over their own life as you do. Overall my char concept is a char who did not choose to be hobo, but it appears hobo life chose him and clutched him tightly (surprisingly most people who wound up homeless are not addicts until they had lived homeless; the sheer boredom and lack for internet/TV makes them seek drugs to cheer up their shitty day and most homeless are in jobs but income so low they cannot save for proper appartment).

Steir

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 24, 2017, 09:26:14 PM
Yeah, feel very, very grateful for the life your having as there are people who are lot more worse and who had less power and control over their own life as you do. Overall my char concept is a char who did not choose to be hobo, but it appears hobo life chose him and clutched him tightly (surprisingly most people who wound up homeless are not addicts until they had lived homeless; the sheer boredom and lack for internet/TV makes them seek drugs to cheer up their shitty day and most homeless are in jobs but income so low they cannot save for proper appartment).
I take it his situation is just going go to worse, depending on how things go once he's at the Academy.

MelodyCake

@Broken
My sister actually recommended the Blue Exorcist a while back. I liked the art style, and some of the characters were interesting. 

Murvoen

Just popping in to say hey and see how everybody is doing ^^ I've been out today and I'm always lurking I've been lurking, so I've kinda been following along in the conversations.

@Zaer
As well written and detailed as your character's back story is, I have to say it feels a little overdone on the drama and the tragedy in my opinion. If you want to have him come from a poorer background with a rougher life then go for it, but maybe add some kind of good in his life? Like a family member he wants to protect or even just something that gives his place at the academy a purpose beyond being dragged there for his own good.
Back after a very long hiatus!! And I hope to be back for good this time!

Sephora

*Waves*  Hi all!  I dropped in and decided to join the party!

Name: Xiang Zhu
Height: 5,2"
Hair Color: silver
Eye Color: blue
Type: Human
Sexuality: bi-curious
Personality: resilient con artist

HUMAN
Q. What was your character's life like prior to them Awakening with the gift to see Demons? Social/Family/Love relations? How did they perform in school? What future aspirations did they have before Awakening? 

Xiang was born in the middle of Shanghai in China.  What family she had didn't do much for her, as her father quickly abandoned her family after she was born.  Her mother worked every hour she could, leaving Xiang in the care of whatever neighbor was willing to watch over her.  She essentially grew up like a stray dog.  Ignored or forgotten, and often left to her own devices on the ruthless streets of the city. Her schooling was spotty at best, and she spent the majority of her childhood scavenging for food and warmth over practicing her time tables.  Her story was hardly a rare one.  She quickly found herself doing what most like her did.  She joined a ragtag group of lost children.  She became a pickpocket, a con artist, and a thief.  Someone who was willing to do and say whatever it took if it meant change in her pocket and food in her belly. 

Q. How does your character feel towards their gift (awakening)? And how do they feel towards the Academy (and/or Shiki)

Xiang had been positive she was going insane.  There could really be no other option.  The alternative was too terrifying to think about.  So she hadn't.  She actually managed to pretend like she COULDN'T see shiki for awhile.  Ignoring the blatant mischief and misdeeds in the same way the rest of the world ignored people like her. It really didn't last long.  Xiang didn't so much as receive a letter of invitation, so much as get the letter shoved into her hands while a group of men in suits showed up at the warehouse she'd been housed up in. 

Once she got a sense of what the academy was about, she was 100% on board.  As far as she is concerned these shiki are her ticket to a better life.  She'll bond with as many as she can get her hands on if it means taking a little power for herself.  Concerns about ethics, or the dangers of these sorts of beings even existing?  That can be someone else's problem.  She's going to be the best.  It's just a matter of figuring out who is the best route of taking her there. 

Murvoen

*waves* Hey ^^ If you're not against futas my character Iridel might end up being a good match for Xiang. She'd find it fun to toy with her, and seeing that you have Xiang labelled as a con artist, she might convince the shiki to join her in some mischief making :p
Back after a very long hiatus!! And I hope to be back for good this time!

Steir

I am interested at how interactions with Sephora's character will work. The dynamics between a con artist and a spirit who worked as a loyal bodyguard would be interesting indeed.

:3c

What does Xiang Zhu think of seeing dead people?

Edit: I'm putting this here, because it's too cute not to share. :3c

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1470596

Sephora

Arreis:  Since there is such a HUGE rule about no sexual fraternization between Shiki and humans, Xiang OBVIOUSLY has NO interest in ANY of the Shiki's genitals.  ^_~.  I'm going to need to come up with small cons that Xiang can try and pull off around the school, and need help with.   

Steir:  I agree! I feel like there are certainly some fun shenanigans that can be had with such different personalities.  I actually think that the first shiki Xiang ever saw were dead people.  She tried to ignore it at first, but she's come around since.  She would be totally up for helping him find all those descendants of people who screwed him in life----for a price. 

Leki

@Broken
I actually think Blue Exorcist was pretty good actually, there were a few annoying characters here and there, but overall I felt it was executed quite nicely, and I still remember how adorable the cat-demon-thing's story was xD

@Sephora
As discussed through PM's, Xiang is accepted and I look forward to her contribution in the roleplay.
Let the drama live on~

@Zaer
I've been a bit reluctant to reply to your concept, since I wasn't entirely sure in what manner I should react.
However I definitively do not believe that the concept behind your character is appropriate for this roleplay. The theme which you have selected, accompanied by the manner in which it was written have indicated clearly to

I've been a bit reluctant to reply to your post, since I wasn't entirely sure how severely I should respond.
However after reading through the concept behind your character, the theme which you have selected, and the manner in which you have presented your character. I can definitively say that your idea is not suitable for this roleplay, and acceptance of the application would detract from the overall enjoyment of the roleplay. While I appreciate the time and effort you have put into your numerous character application, I do not think this is going to work, and hence will be sending you a private message regarding this matter.

Leki

Announcement
And we're finally moving onwards~
Players who have been accepted into the roleplay should have received a PM with a link to the OoC.
They should have also received a slightly edited version of their character sheet, along with a link to the Information/Character Thread.

Please repost your character with the code provided at your earliest convenience.
If there's any small edits/additions feel free to add them in now.
If there's an issue with the code I've sent you, and you can't work out how to fix it, let me know and I'll send you a non-stuffed up version xD

Hope to see you guys in the OoC soon~
Link to OoC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=262198.0

SweetSerenade

Ignore me, I just got coffee.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Leki

And the roleplay is officially now live~
That said, we're still quite open to getting a few more characters before this ship finally sets sail, so if you're interested now would be a good time to jump in and make yourself known xD

I'm not going to balance things too much, but in terms of what we're looking for, we're looking for;
- Male Humans
- Female Shiki

MelodyCake

Since Broken has left the roleplay, does that bring the vagancy's to 4 characters?

Are you wanting new people, or are you allowing people to make their third character to bring in?

Leki

Hi MelodyCake

That would be correct, we currently have:
- 2 Male Human Vacancies
- Agrilao(fire) Vacancy
- Nayuva(water) Vacancy

I'm really hoping for a new face or two at the moment, since we're a bit short on human males, and female Shiki.
But if it comes down to it, I'll probably allow people to make a third character.