News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A new world of darkness multi-venue game...

Started by Brandon, May 01, 2006, 07:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Hello everyone,

This is to mostly gauge interest but here goes. I have been playing with an idea for several days...well more like months off and on, of doing a new world of darkness game involving mages, werewolves, vampires, and mortals. I am looking for 3 other talented writers that would like to join me in thiis endevor and head up GMing for the mages, vampires, and mortals. I intend to handle the werewolves personally. Even if I cant find other GMs to assist me I would like any prospective werewolves, mages, vampires, and mortals to step forward and proclaim their interest.

My goals for this game would be four fold

1. to produce a fun enviroment for players. Where we can transport players into a fictional world hidden from the eyes of normal people as well as challenge them both phsycologically and philosophically.
2. To produce a fun and challenging enviroment for GMs in which they can really get thier writing groove on
3. To create possible crossover situations that challenge both players and GMs as well as to create more interesting and fun scenerio's
4. To create an enjoyable rules light game in which we can give more experience to new players as well as get people interested that do not have or are not familiar with the NWoD materials

With all that said, who's intersted?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Alice

Its been years since I played in the WoD, I could be interested in the game as a player. Are you thinking of new WoD or classic 2ed? I'm probably not up for GMing but I'd play. Either a Gangrel, CoX, or a Fiana. Good luck with the recruiting.

laskaris

"Because I am incomplete, and would be whole. Because I have languished in chains, and I would be free. Because I would acknowledge no other master but myself."
-Myca Vykos, Road of Sin

Ellyssa

Likewise, I would play if players are needed.. I've read a bit of WoD, and played briefly as a mortal online somewhere for immersion, but I haven't quite gotten the total grasp of the rules yet, unlike D&D, so.. depends how many players you have. :)

Brandon

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Lyria

I also would be love the opportunity to play. I am extremely interested in WoD but am not terribly familiar with the rules or the setting. I would want to play a mortal, and that way as my character discovers the world, so would I.  

Please consider me if you are looking for someone to take on a mortal role. I would be willing to help creatively in any way I could, even given my lack of knowledge of the setting.

Thanks
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Natalie C. Barney

Ditto on the mortal side but I don't have the rules and will not buy them for a game that may die in a few weeks. Is there any site with the mortal rules and such that are free on-line?
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Brandon

there is no free and legal posting of the NWoD information that I know of.

Natalie C. Barney

Well then can you post enough to get ideas going for running a mortal so me and the other interested lady can do a character if you start this, and help get started. I was thinking of a running streetwise doctor tending to the needy with a good heart and likely to run into things she shouldn't.  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

Brandon

As Ive already called werewolves for my end that would require a GM to handle the mortals. Secondly, WoD games are about survival, not sex. I want to challenge PCs physcologically and philosophically not to see how many tentacles they can handle at a time. If you expect sexual interaction 24/7 or even half the time then this game would probably not be the place for you. There will be my own (and other GMs) unique brand of perversion added in but sexual interaction even half the time wont be happening.

Plot, intreuge, the things that go bump in the night, those types of things are the focus of this game

Natalie C. Barney

That's good I do want some sex if naturally part of the story, and my ONS/OFFS are in effect but if you want to rape her just ask we can FADE TO BLACK and skip what happened just assumed it was bad. I tend to think its more effective as well like the great Hitchcock less is more remember Psycho the shower scene it was flawless.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Lyria

I appreciate that the game will center around the setting and plot, and love that sex may only happen as a progression of events.

I get the idea you are simply looking for co-gm's right now? If so then I would have to gracefully bow out, but look forward to the game being opened up to players in the future. I am considering picking up the book simply because the world seems so intriguing, but doubt I would be skilled enough to be able to co-gm.

Sounds like a wonderful game, and I look forward to having it opened to players once you and your other gm’s get things comfortable established  ;)

Thanks

Brandon

Well sort of. Im primarily looking for GMs to take on the mortals, mages, and vampires but also seeking intersted werewolf players. I want player interest to show as well because if you have a lot of interest GMs tend to poke their heads out more then not. This is more of a gauging interst thing as well as putting out my own expectations and goals for the game.

We do need GMs for the other groups but we also need players and its nice to see who to contact about wich aspect

Lyria

I did have a concept for a werewolf I was going to build in a Unisystem game, but the game fell through. I could bring it over to this one if you would be willing to assist me with the rules.

GoldenChild

This is to good to be able to miss... I want in... I do believe as werewolf (I have played vampire long enough).

Brandon

Sure Lyria, contact me via MSN (ask me to log into Yahoo) or PM me here and Ill do what I can for you. As for GC, sweet. Can always use a few more werewolves  ;D

Lyria

GoldenChild

The werewolf game... are we talking fighting, political, something in between?

Brandon

In between. Im very flexible when it comes to plot and interaction so if the players want more or less of something Ill work with that in the interst of greater enjoyment for all. Ild expect no less from other GMs

GoldenChild

Alright... I got a few concepts so far to work with but so far my teenage street kid with a hot temper will be the one I'll pick. Someone should make a calm pack alpha to keep him inline though... *hint*

Brandon

ok well heres the current interest list.

GMs: Werewolf only

Players

Werewolves: Goldenchild, Lyria
Mortals: Elyssa
Vampires: Alice
mages: shadow lynne

Ild need a minimum of 1 more person to form a werewolf pack but ideally Ild like 3. Currently we have an Eldoth and what sounds like a Rahu to me. I could really use good writers that would like to GM for the vampires, mages and mortals as well as more interested players for all 4 groups.

Lyria

Quote from: Brandon on May 02, 2006, 07:22:22 PM
ok well heres the current interest list.

GMs: Werewolf only

Players

Werewolves: Goldenchild, Kyria

Heh heh. Typo? I do kinda like the handle Kyria though ;)

Brandon

*laughs* yes a typo. The K and L are right next to eachother on the keyboard afterall  :P

Alice

I'll take a look at the new WoD stuff then. I'm more then up for playing a werewolf, as there's already a GM for that :) I'll pop over to the WW site and see what info they've up.

Brandon

Alright, if you need any help with character generation or clarification on rules feel free to contact me