News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

High Powered Fantasy

Started by Op3999, June 09, 2019, 09:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Op3999

So, I'm a fan of fantasy and superhero/sci-fi settings.  I like the former for the complex world-building and adventuring and the latter for it's character/action focus.  Fantasy settings are usually centered around broad, magical worlds whose characters face the struggle of standing apart and doing something substantial with the little bit of power they have.  Superhero settings, conversely, tend to focus on worlds with relatively little power to go around, but with specific characters that are specially endowed.  The struggle is focused on what they do with the large amount of power that they have.  How they help people, how they don't, etc..

I'd like to combine these two things.

In my head, the ideal combination would be to take a rich, fantasy setting (world-built or borrowed) and create characters whose powers make them stand out from the crowd.  Characters from lost lands or whose legends are spread far and wide.  Characters who could build kingdoms or topple them just as easily.  And if something arises that threatens the niches they've carved for themselves?  Threatens to change the land forever?  Would they work together?

I'm not super interested in creating overpowered characters to throw against other people's overpowered characters.  My concern isn't in "Who beats who", so that kind of thinking should be left at the door.  If there is any conflict between major characters, there should be a specific point (aside from showing who's boss) and it should be carefully plotted by the players involved.

In the end, though, I'm just left wondering if I'm the only one who'd be interested in this or if there's anyone else out there who might be into playing some generally overpowered characters in a general Swords and Sorcery setting.

I've already got an idea in mind for my own...

Mantis Shrimp Prime

It'd be interesting to see some high powered characters who aren't generalized magic users. More like mythological heroes in the vein of Hercules or Rama.

Op3999

That's a good idea!

I will admit, though, that my idea is closer to generalized magic user than Heracles depending on your definition of "generalized".

Carly

i would be interested in this !

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Op3999 on June 09, 2019, 10:12:12 PM
That's a good idea!

I will admit, though, that my idea is closer to generalized magic user than Heracles depending on your definition of "generalized".

Like how your typical wizards who have a bunch of spells at their disposal and bend reality to their with with words/gang signs/whatever the setting in question uses.

More rare to have the physically-oriented guys do things on a similar level.

Op3999

@MSP:  Ah, that makes sense.  My character is more defined by the ability to manipulate heat energy (mostly just the heat side), so it's magic, but I'm limiting it to what that description entails in a practical physics sense.

Of course, it being a naughty RP (so far), some cantrips like modifying herself into a futa may be utilized as well.  Just stuff to make things fun and sexy.

@Carly:  Awesome!  What are you guys thinking for characters so far?  What're you craving?

Carly

would a futa or hermaphrodite char be acceptable ?

Op3999

I think it would.  What are you thinking?

Carly

i would love to be a hermaphrodite with a very large cock but that may change the vibe you had in mind.

and it would be an off for some people. it would make it smut centric and thats probably not what you had in mind

it is a big turn on for me though - it depends on what you want for this role play op.

Op3999

Quote from: Carly on June 10, 2019, 05:06:12 AM
i would love to be a hermaphrodite with a very large cock but that may change the vibe you had in mind.

and it would be an off for some people. it would make it smut centric and thats probably not what you had in mind

it is a big turn on for me though - it depends on what you want for this role play op.

Well, how big are we talking, here?  Personally, I keep the size of my character's members vague, describing more the general shape where it's unique.  I believe that this way, my partner ends up imagining what would be "large enough" for them and while that might be different from what's in my head, we've both set it to something we enjoy.

It does sound like the size of your character's member might be a point of focus in their sex scenes, though.  Requiring one or both of them to talk about how large it is.  That could probably be covered via dirty-talk, though, at least to some degree.

Anyways, as for smut, I do enjoy a good helping of it in my RPs, but I also want to do some world-building in this.  What do our characters do with their powers and how do they interact with one another?  If one of our characters travels somewhere outside of their usual haunts, does their presence make an impact in that locale and what effect does it have?  I really want to explore what could happen with very powerful characters (played tastefully and maturely aside other, similarly powered characters, of course, no pissing contests).

pdragon

I'd be down for something like this. Usually you don't get to play around with ultra powerful characters in a D&D esque setting.

How far out for concepts are you willing to accept? I had an idea for fairy known as a legendary "giant" slayer for being able to face off against human sized enemies and win.

I'm also down for futa characters, so that wouldn't be a problem at all.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Op3999

Quote from: pdragon on June 10, 2019, 11:49:12 AM
I'd be down for something like this. Usually you don't get to play around with ultra powerful characters in a D&D esque setting.

How far out for concepts are you willing to accept? I had an idea for fairy known as a legendary "giant" slayer for being able to face off against human sized enemies and win.

I'm also down for futa characters, so that wouldn't be a problem at all.

Okay, that's interesting, I like it!  I will say, though, that I'm thinking that our characters would be more powerful than that.  Your fairy could be able to kill actual giants and then some, for example.  Ramp it up, give her more power!

For context, here's what I'm thinking for my character:

It's interesting that you threw out a fairy because this is the ref I've chosen for my character:

Also a fairy, or at least a former one.  General spells she can cast allow her to grow to human size (and no larger) and add a futa cock to herself.  Otherwise, her abilities deal with fire, manipulating heat energy.  She soaks it up from the desert she lives in and stores that inside her.  Potentially, the longer she stays in the desert, the hotter she can make it, but she's essentially heat/fire immune, able to swim in lava and is otherwise unfazed by fire (at least the heat aspect of it).

She leads a cult worshiping herself in the desert, so she's not exactly a good guy at the start of this story, but that's mostly due to her having these powers and a bit of a short temper to boot.

Thoughts?

pdragon

Quote from: Op3999 on June 10, 2019, 12:52:55 PM

Oh I plan to make her powerful, that was just a general kind of example. Her main strength is her overwhelming speed and dexterity, I see her as being able to cut through entire battalions of enemy forces just by whizzing through and nicking arteries too fast to be seen or countered. And I liked the idea of her being deceptively strong as well, sort of like a Captain America deal where you'd occasionally get glimpses of her performing impossible feats of strength for her size. Also she has varying types of fairytale/disney-esque "fairy magic". Like her body produces pixie dust that's able to create a slew of different effects, from granting flight, shrinking/expanding things, casting charms or transformations, poisoning, working as an aphrodisiac, etc. etc.

I was thinking of her being on the lower end of the power scale as far as the other characters go. Sort of like what Mantis Shrimp was saying with the mythical hero-esque angle. She's incredibly dangerous and powerful, but more for her practical skills and abilities rather than just raw magical power. I see her as being a guardian of the forest, a warrior who protects any threat to land with brutal efficiency. Almost ghost story like, where people tell tales of a haunted forest that people never return from. She then emerges from the forest to help out whenever there's any kind of wide scale threat that would end up endangering her lands by extension.

And I think your character looks good. I kinda like the idea that every character has their own sort of territory that they usually stick to, and thus if they ever get together it's because something majorly important is going down. Sort of an Avengers feel, which ties back into the super hero feel.

Request Thread

Op3999

Quote from: pdragon on June 10, 2019, 01:37:05 PM
Oh I plan to make her powerful, that was just a general kind of example. Her main strength is her overwhelming speed and dexterity, I see her as being able to cut through entire battalions of enemy forces just by whizzing through and nicking arteries too fast to be seen or countered. And I liked the idea of her being deceptively strong as well, sort of like a Captain America deal where you'd occasionally get glimpses of her performing impossible feats of strength for her size. Also she has varying types of fairytale/disney-esque "fairy magic". Like her body produces pixie dust that's able to create a slew of different effects, from granting flight, shrinking/expanding things, casting charms or transformations, poisoning, working as an aphrodisiac, etc. etc.

I was thinking of her being on the lower end of the power scale as far as the other characters go. Sort of like what Mantis Shrimp was saying with the mythical hero-esque angle. She's incredibly dangerous and powerful, but more for her practical skills and abilities rather than just raw magical power. I see her as being a guardian of the forest, a warrior who protects any threat to land with brutal efficiency. Almost ghost story like, where people tell tales of a haunted forest that people never return from. She then emerges from the forest to help out whenever there's any kind of wide scale threat that would end up endangering her lands by extension.

And I think your character looks good. I kinda like the idea that every character has their own sort of territory that they usually stick to, and thus if they ever get together it's because something majorly important is going down. Sort of an Avengers feel, which ties back into the super hero feel.

I like that, both what you're saying about your character and the idea of the different characters having their niches.  I do agree with MSP when it comes to varied and vague magical powers and I think we should apply that to both of our characters.  I want to limit my character to mostly just the heat stuff and I like the idea of your character's pixie dust allowing for some flight and working as an aphrodisiac, maybe we should define what it can do a bit more specifically?  What do you think?

pdragon

Well to narrow down I'd say aphrodisiac, sleep, and size control. One for smut stuff, one for practical application, and one to make smut stuff more practical.

Request Thread

HairyHeretic

If you're not familiar with it, you might want to take a look at Exalted. A game with advanced, rather than starter level, characters might be along the lines of what you're looking for.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Carly

i prefer a light system something where you roll once too resolve a fight not like heaps of times.

Carly

I was thinking that she would be a hermaphrodite that is a powerful mage of life, she can effect animals and plants and make them larger and control them. She also can make herself super fast and strong with inhuman reflexes and strength.

I was thinking of being active with men and woman and other futas/hermaphrodites - and sex is an extension of her mage skills. She fights with a rapier and is an excellent swordswoman.

When she isnt fighting or saving the world she is overseeing her estates which are mainly forests, and she keeps them bountiful and beautiful.

Op3999

@HH:  I have heard of Exalted before and even experimented with the system once-upon-a-time.  It was pretty fun, but I think I'd prefer to do this one free-form.

@pdragon: That sounds like a good limit.  I like her already!

@Carly: Alright, so like a sort of powerful, elegant druid defending her lands furiously?

Carly

pdragon

I'm also good with free form.

Request Thread

Op3999

Alright, so right now, it's just the three of us, but a thruple can certainly be fun.

Is anyone else here interested in GMing this, though?  I would do a little better if I'm not in control.