Skulls & Shackles (Closed, Characters in Progress)

Started by TheRaven, February 13, 2013, 10:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

They hurt my whale no healing, that is what she is good at. [Skill is +10 right now without a healers kit considered.  ;D]

Gary Stargazer

Sounds good then. I'm still on the fence on if I will get the strong tail or not. Eitherway I will make a merfolk a bit later tonight while I'm at work. Again I've been out of the loop for several months, so by all means after i get my char up, let me know if I screwed up anything.
Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.

Blinkin

Any space left in this?

If so, I have a swashbuckler that I would love to drop in.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

RubySlippers

By the way am I right in assuming a ships surgeon or sugeons mate is not going to be expected to fight much, healers are not exactly easy for pirates to come by. She will fight if she has to mind you just its not her forte.

TheRaven

Quote from: Blinkin on February 14, 2013, 04:31:14 PM
Any space left in this?

If so, I have a swashbuckler that I would love to drop in.

Space is left indeed.

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 14, 2013, 04:31:43 PM
By the way am I right in assuming a ships surgeon or sugeons mate is not going to be expected to fight much, healers are not exactly easy for pirates to come by. She will fight if she has to mind you just its not her forte.

Probably don't have to worry about that for a little bit. You've gotta climb the pirate chain of respect first.  :P
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Blinkin

Hmmm... have to make some adjustments to the swashbucklier. Kallie will recognize him though, it's the same one asbefore... lol

Question on the 25 point buy, was a decison made? The character was a 25 point buy, but I can adjust him without too much difficulty, but I need to know.

I'll post him s soon as I know about the point buy and make a few adjustments.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Re Z L

Any more room left?  This sounds promising  ;D
A&A

TheRaven

Quote from: Blinkin on February 14, 2013, 05:04:25 PM
Hmmm... have to make some adjustments to the swashbucklier. Kallie will recognize him though, it's the same one asbefore... lol

Question on the 25 point buy, was a decison made? The character was a 25 point buy, but I can adjust him without too much difficulty, but I need to know.

I'll post him s soon as I know about the point buy and make a few adjustments.

I wan to hear from a few other people first. But with opinion swinging the way it currently is, unless we hear objections in a few hours, it's safe to assume 25 points.

Quote from: Re Z L on February 14, 2013, 05:04:34 PM
Any more room left?  This sounds promising  ;D

Yep. Though you'll be the last one.

The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

Triggvi

RubySlippers

Re Z L

Yay, more points is best points!

What kind of classes do we have so far?

Looks like...

Druid
Gunslinger
Ranger
Nomad/Rogue
Swashbuckler (Rogue?)

Sound about right?
A&A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Re Z L on February 14, 2013, 05:36:19 PM

Looks like...

Druid
Gunslinger
Ranger
Nomad/Rogue
Swashbuckler (Rogue?)

Sound about right?

Yeah... Gunslinger will get Transmuter sooner or later (2 levels of Gunslinger)

TheRaven

Sounds like 25 point buy it is.

Quote from: Re Z L on February 14, 2013, 05:36:19 PM

Looks like...

Druid
Gunslinger
Ranger
Nomad/Rogue
Swashbuckler (Rogue?)

Sound about right?
As for classes, yes, that's what we've got so far.

RubySlippers

Yep, I'm setting her up as a Ship's Surgeon basically like her mother. Her background is under custom she was token press ganged to the ships crew set-up by her mother for some coin and heavy coin at that. Well qualified Ship's Surgeons that can heal well and do carpentry to make peg legs, false teeth and the odd base for a hook on an arm is kind of a big deal. But the Captain knows she will be willing to stay on its not like he can make her stay due to her race and more importantly other skills.

Her current Heal skill is at +11, Carpentry +7. Is decent in other areas.

Is coming along well. I wanted to ask could I get suppler leather with the quality of padded armor she is not likely to wear heavy armor but some leathers would make some sense maybe shark skin. It would be paid for as leather but have the stats of padded for protection and weight likley the only clothes she wears in fact.

TheRaven

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 14, 2013, 05:54:30 PM
Is coming along well. I wanted to ask could I get suppler leather with the quality of padded armor she is not likely to wear heavy armor but some leathers would make some sense maybe shark skin. It would be paid for as leather but have the stats of padded for protection and weight likley the only clothes she wears in fact.

Sure, I can do a reskin of the padded armor. Same stats but different flavor.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheRaven on February 14, 2013, 05:14:08 PM
Yep. Though you'll be the last one.

Awww, it seems I missed chance join in Callie :P. I was thinking have go at human sorceror (perhaps aquatic bloodline). Tiefling maybe as I had idea he has some distant blood connection to Besmara.

TheRaven

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 14, 2013, 06:16:48 PM
Awww, it seems I missed chance join in Callie :P. I was thinking have go at human sorceror (perhaps aquatic bloodline). Tiefling maybe as I had idea he has some distant blood connection to Besmara.

I've seen you work Zaer, and we kind of need an arcane caster, so if you really want in, I suppose I can let 7 in. But I'll probably have to do a little tweaking to still make it a little difficult.  :P

Blinkin

Ok, Introducing (or is that reintroducing?) Lantus Everleaf!

Name: Lantis Everleaf         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf               Sex: Male
Class: Swashbuckler            Favored Class: Rogue, fighter
Level: 1         EXP:000         Next Level:
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Physical Description:

Lantis, standing at an impressive 6 feet, is a ruggedly handsome figure of a man with long, slightly curly chestnut hair that frames a tanned, strong-jawed face. His features are dominated by deep, dark blue eyes and lips that always seem on the verge of curling with some secret mirth. Well toned muscular limbs accentuate his lean figure. He moves with a dancers grace and a deliberate, determined pace. He is most often found in loose, comfortable tunics with well fitted leather breaches tucked into thigh high, turned down boots.

Personality:

Lantis is a man who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching him. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse his every breath and he firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people enoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, he is as much at home in a crowded tavern brawl as on the shifting decks of a ship with her sails full... although he may not always be what he seems.

Background:

Yet to be written

Ability Scores:
STR: 13 (+1)   Carry: Light: 50   Moderate: 51-100      Heavy: 101-150
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Saving Throws:
Fort: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +1 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep)

Base speed: 30ft
Base Attack:+ 4
Base Damage: +2
Init: +4

AC: 17
Flatfooted: 13
Touch: 14
Situational:
HP: 10                  Hero Points: 1

Class Skills:
8 Acrobatics (dex)
6 Appraise (Int)
7 Bluff (CHR)
5 Climb (Str)
8Disable Device (Dex)
6 Linguistic (Int)
8 Perception Keen Senses +2)
6 Profession (Sailor)
8 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
8 Stealth (Dex)
5 Swim (Str)

Languages: Common, elven, Osiriani, Kellish and Poligot

Feats:
(RF=Racial Feat, CF=Class Feature, RT=Rogue Talent)

Weapon Focus; Rapier (+1 to attack)
CF-Sneak attack (1d6)
RF-Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Whip)
RTWeapon Finesse (Combat Trick)
RT-Dodge (Combat Trick)
CF-Martial Weapon; cutlass

Racial/class traits
Keen Senses (+2 to perception)ill)
Ancestrial Arms (Replaces Adaptable racial trait)
Lowlight vision (60 ft)
Elf Blood (count as both races for effects related to race)
Multi-talented (begins with two favored classes and may take +1 HP or 1 skill rank if chosen)
Besmara’s Blessing (+1 to perception and Prof (sailor) and may reroll prof (sailor) once per week, taking better roll)
Prehensile Whip (Can use a whip like a rope w/ grappling hook)

Currency: 17 gp, 9 sp, 7 cp

Equipment:
Rapier: Dam: 1D6, Crit: 18-20 x2, Weight: 2 lbs, Cost: 20 gp
Dagger: Dam: 1d4, Crit: 19, 20 x2, Weight: 1 lbs, Cost: 2 gp
Whip, Bull: Dam: 1d3 (NL), Crit: x2, Weight: 2 lbs, Cost: 1gp
Studded Leather: AC: +3, Max Dex: +5, Skill Pen: -1, SF: 15%, Weight: 20 lbs
Weapon/Armor weight: 2 lbs

Backpack, Masterworked): 2 lbs, 50 gp
Blanket, Common(x2): 2 lbs, 4 sp
Clothing, Artisans outfit: 4 lbs, 1 gp
Clothing, Explorers outfit: 8 lbs, 0gp
Flint and steel: Neg, 1 gp
Rations (x7): 3.5 lbs, 35 sp
Hammock: 1sp, 3 lbs
Pommel, Holow: neg, 10 gp
Pouch, belt (x2): 1 lb, 2 gp
String/twine (50 ft): .5 lbs, 1 cp
Tools, Thieves: 1 lbs   30 gp
Waterskin: 4 lbs, 1 gp
Wetstone: 1 lb, 2cp
Backpack weight: 3

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, 7 is a lot but so is that players can drop from the game when it starts :P. Anyways start work with char tomorrow, going for aquatic bloodlined sorcerer. Likely a tiefling. Although tieflings get -2 charisma penalty....is there chance I could trade it to other mental stat penalty? Like wisdom?

RubySlippers

Under Construction

RADABEH
Ship's Surgeon

Race: Undine
Class: Druid
Archetype: Undine Adept
Level: 1
Armor Class: 14
Hit Points: 9
Alignment: Neutral

ABILITY SCORES
Strength 12  [+1]
Dexterity 16  [+3]
Constitution 12  [+1]
Intelligence 14  [+2]
Wisdom 16  [+3]
Charisma 13  [+1]

RACIAL ABILITIES
- Ability Score Racial Traits: -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity & Wisdom
- Type: Are outsiders with the native subtype.
- Size: Medium
- Base Speed: 30 feet on land and water, can swim without a swim check and
swim is always a class skill.
- Languages: Begin play speaking Common and Aquan.
- Energy Resistance: Undines have cold resistance 5.
- Nereid Fascination: Some undines can trace their ancestry to nereids as well as to outsiders. Once per day as a standard action, such an undine can create a 20-foot-radius aura that causes humanoids within the aura's range to become fascinated with her for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 the undine's character level (minimum 1). Targets may resist with a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the undine's level + the undine's Charisma modifier). This is a supernatural ability.
- Terrain Chameleon: +4 stealth in underwater environments.
- Darkvision: Undines have darkvision up to 60 feet.

CLASS ABILITIES
- Nature Bond (Ex): Animal Companion - Orca
- Nature Sense (Ex): +2 Bonus to Knowledge (nature) and Survival Checks
- Orisons
- Wild Empathy (Ex)

FEATS
1st Level: Skill Focus (healing)

TRAITS
Reactionary
Ship's Surgeon

SKILLS
[4 Base + Int 2 + Prefered Class 1 = 7]
Concentration (Con)  1 Rank + Con 1  [+5]
Craft carpentry (Int)  1 Ranks + Int 2 + Trait 1 [+7]
Heal (Wis)  1 Rank + Wis 3 + Skill Focus 3 + Trait 1 [+11]
Knowledge nature (Int) 1 Rank + Int 2 + Nature Sense 2  [+8]
Perception (Wis)  1 Rank + Wis 3  [+7]
cc Stealth (Dex)  1 Rank + Dex 2 + /In Underwater Terrain 4  [+3/+7]
Survival (Wis)  1 Rank + Wis 3 + Nature Sense 2  [+9]

LANGUAGES
Aquan
Common
Druidic
Elven
Gnome

COMBAT
Initiative  [+4]
Base Attack Bonus  [+0]
Melee BAB  [+1]
Ranged BAB  [+3]
Weapons:
Dagger  AB +1 m/+3 thr, Damage 1d4+1, Crit. 19-20/x2, Range 10 ft., Wgt. 1 lb., Type P/S
Scimitar  AB +1, Damage 1d6+1, Crit. 18-20/x2, Range 0, Wgt. 4 lbs., Type S
Sling  AB +3, Damage 1d4+1, Crit. x2, Range 50 ft., Wft. 0, Type B

ARMOR
Padded Supple Leathers, Sharkskin
AB +1, MDB +8, ACP 0, ASF 5% (na), Spd 30 ft., Weight 10 lbs.

SPELLS
DC 13 Olerin: Detect Magic, Purify Food & Drink, Read Magic
DC 14 1st Level [1+1]: Cure Light Wounds x 2

ANIMAL COMPANION
Female Orca Olorosii
HD 2 [9 hp]
Size Medium
Speed swim 80 ft.
AC 11
Attack bite* AB +5, Damage 1d6
Ability Scores Str 11, Dex 19, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6.
BAB +1, Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
Skills: Perception 1 Rank [+6], Survival 1 Rank [+6]
Feats: Weapon Finesse bite
Bonus Tricks: Combat Riding
SQ: low-light vision, hold breadth
Special: Link, share spells

WEALTH
Platinum
Gold
Silver 8
Copper 10

EQUIPMENT
Supple Leather Armor
Sling
10 Sling Bullets
Dagger
Scimitar
Holy Symbol [necklace of totem runes]
Sandals
Waterskin
Rucksack with Overhead Strap
Weapon Belt

Blinkin

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 14, 2013, 06:38:44 PM
A NG pirate?  ???  :o

I hit a wall with alignments. Most GM's don't like "evil" characters, even in a pirate and lawful doesn't work;that only really leaves neutrals and good.  I can't play a true neutral in a way that anyone is going to like, so that left either chaotic good or neutral good.

My views on chaotics is based upon older descriptions of AD&D and that would REALLY annoy people, so that left NG. NG and NE are, to me, the most versitile options, so I took good because of the whole GM's don't like evil thing... I can go NE; it's not a problem... he'll just be more self serving than good natured. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

The only alignments that are a big problem is the Lawfuls.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, lawful evil is classic alignment for bandit lords and pirate kings and so forth. Even LN with twisted sense of economy and justice can work. LG would be actual problem. So would be CE depending how psycho the guy is.

Muse

Ack!  Am I too late?  Stupid cold! 

Have fun everyone. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)