Midnight Championship Wrestling (Closed)

Started by Crash, June 29, 2014, 04:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Malcom Cane has reached an agreement with Showtime Entertainment to air his new wrestling federation, Midnight Championship Wrestling, late night on the Showtime network of channels. MCW is branded as raw, violet and sexy, able to push boundaries that other basic cable wrestling programs cannot.  Malcom Cane has been combing the smaller wrestling federations looking for new talent to build his Midnight Wrestling brand. Midnight Championship Wrestling has promised a block buster opening night like nothing wrestling fans have ever seen.  Vacant titles are waiting to be filled and the glory of the ring awaits those willing to take it.

Thanks Primarch for letting me use the visuals!

This is mostly a free-form sandbox game in the Light: Human Small Groups Thread.  Players should be proactive in finding people to match up against and generate some really interesting feuds.  I will be around to help out where ever I can and set up the show card with the input of the players.  Players can create announcers and interviews for the shows, but they will be NPC’s for everyone to use in their matches to add some fun commentary.

My plan for belts are...

Heavyweight
Intercontinental
Tag Team
Women's
Women's Tag Team

There's a character sheet you can fill in here. The stats at the bottom will serve for the sheer purpose of giving a guideline on your characters strengths. I'm not going to put a limit on how many points you distribute, be reasonable and I won't need too. 

Character Template

[float=right][img height=500][/img][/float] [b]Name:[/b]
[b]Division:[/b] (Heavyweight, Intercontinental, Tag Team, Women’s, Women’s Tag Team, Manager/Valet)
[b]Played by:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hometown: [/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b] (Face, Tweener, Heel)
[b]Gimmick:[/b]  (A brief description of your wrestler)
[b]Style:[/b]   (What kind of wrestler are you? Classic, Power, Hybrid, Striker, Guile, Speedster, Acrobat, Technical, Hardcore, Unorthodox, Olympian.  [b]Pick a primary and a secondary[/b] )
[b]Signature Move(s):[/b]
[b]Finishing Move:[/b]
[b]Trademark Taunt:[/b]  (Can be a phrase or gesture. Using your trademark taunt can help your wrestler out of a tough spot or give them that extra boost)
[b]Theme Music:[/b]

[b]Attributes[/b]

Durability: x/10
Strength:x/10
Technique: x/10
Submission: x/10
Speed/Aerial: x/10
Stamina: x/10
Charisma: x/10
Hardcore: x/10
Overall: (Add up attributes to get total)

*Credit to WTF game for template

Specific House Rules

1. You can have more than one wrestler.  If you do, their Alignment must differ from your previous wrestler unless they are part of a tag team (valets and managers do not count).

2. Wrestlers can only be in one feud at a time, this includes stable vs stable feuds.

3. Wrestlers can have one match on one show per week.  They can have up to two backstage scenes per week. You can have as many off camera scenes as you want with your wrestler.

4. I will be ranking Wrestlers in their weight classes after every Pay-Per-View show and the highest ranking wrestlers in their category will be placed in matches for the next Pay-Per-View.

5. If players cannot agree on the match results I will flip a coin to decide who wins.

General House Rules

The following are the rules and regulations set for Midnight Championship Wrestling. Please read these thoroughly and understand that by applying it is implied that you understand what you have read and commit to it. While we attempt to keep these rules stagnant throughout the course of the game, if something begins to pose a problem we will make a rule about it and enforce it.

Disclaimer : We reserve the right to add rules as necessary.

• Be excellent to one another. Do not fight. Do not squabble. If an altercation between players occurs, please bring the matter to myself or your residential Co-GM (if I add them) who will periodically patrol the thread for me when I cannot. We will be perfectly happy to sort out the discrepancy between the players and arrive to the most fair and just solution allowed. Do not turn us into a broken family.
  • Do not God Mod another player's character! Due to the nature of the characters it is easy to accidentally cross into this territory. Please do not control their actions. YOU control YOUR character. On that same tangent please do not make yourself invulnerable to everything. Nothing more boring than a “perfect” character.
  • NO PLAYER CHARACTER MAY BE KILLED WITHOUT PLAYER'S EXPLICIT PERMISSION TO DO SO. There is no leeway to this rule. Don't do it.
  • Never, EVER do something to a player's character they do not like. Consult with the player before making a decision that you think might be a bother to them, even if they list it as okay in their Ons and Offs. Communication is paramount between players! Please use it.
  • Communication is important. If you are going to be gone longer than a day or two, please try to notify the GMs. We are very understanding about outside life – Trust me. I, myself, am a Full-Time Worker, Husband and Dad and I go to school part time. I am busy and sometimes it gets hectic. Everyone has lives. That is okay. But let us know so we're not missing you.
  • You are not expected to post once a day. While it isn't expected of you, more posts are undoubtedly appreciated by your fellow players. However, if you know you are getting ready to leave for a week, we ask that you try not to get your character wound up in a plot that is going to change things drastically. That will bog all players and prove to be quite a pain. We ask that all players post, minimum, once a week. A single post within seven days isn't so bad, is it? Quicker is always better and preferred, though.
  • Please have a good grasp of the English Language and Grammar Structure before applying. We fancy individuals that use complete sentences, full thought, and detail their posts with enough for another character to react to. I am not tying certain post lengths to this game, but I beg you not to use one to three line posts. That would be VERY difficult for another player to react to. Use your best judgment, but give enough for the players to respond to. Multi-Paragraph is best. Remember, a paragraph is a construction of thought usually ranging between three to five sentences.
  • Please use tags in the header of your post.All posts should have tags noting who your character is talking too, about or noticing.  This will help people find conversations that involve their characters in threads that may hold multiple conversations.  Acceptable tags are: another character’s name, OPEN or CLOSED.  Open means anyone can join the conversation or scene.  CLOSED means that player does not want the scene interrupted by other players.
  • Players are responsible for not creating Paradoxes. Players are allowed to create multiple scenes for their characters at different times of the day or week simultaneously.  It is the players responsibility of they choose to do this to not create paradoxes by playing multiple scenes that occur at the same time.

Thank you Faustus and Broken Bonds for letting me pilfer much of their rules.

MCW Unleashed
Opening:
Match 1:
Match 2:
Mid-Show Main Event:
Match 4:
Match 5:
Main Event:

MCW Nightmare
Opening:
Match 1:
Match 2:
Mid-Show Main Event:
Match 4:
Match 5:
Main Event:

I will add matches as necessary.  For those not in a match feel free to cut a promo, do an interview run a skit or some backstage action like an ambush or verbal confrontation.  In the time section of the post header please put in the match number or what matches the scene takes place between.

Post Header
[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]<insert pic>[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Division:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Date/Time:[/b]
[b]Attire:[/b]
[b]Tag:[/b]
[hr]

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

MissFire

Is there a system or is it all freeform? Are female characters allowed -female wrestlers, arm candy, ring girl, manager, etc.-?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Crash

The game is Free-form and female wrestlers, arm candy and managers are very welcome.  Ring Girls would be NPC's unless we have a ton of people wanting to play then I would consider opening that up for play.

My plan for belts are...

Heavyweight
Intercontinental
Tag Team
Women's
Women's Tag Team

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Owner
Name:Malcom Cane
Division: All His Own
Played by: Crash
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Hetrosexual
Height: 6’ 0”
Weight: 230 lbs
Hometown: Hollywood, California
Alignment: Tweener
Gimmick:  The Man!
Theme Music: MCW Theme Music

Tag Team
Name:Johnny Smooth and Kid Kruze A.K.A California Dreamin’
Division: Tag Team
Sexual Orientation: Hetrosexual
Height: 6’ 3” and 6’1
Weight: 230 and 210 lbs
Hometown: Santa Cruz, California
Alignment: Face
Gimmick:  Surfer Dudes!  Johnny Smooth and Kid Kruze got the look and the lingo down.  They are the shows party animals and don’t appear to take much of anything seriously other than waves wrestling.  They often wrestle in board shorts in the ring and sunglasses at night because when you’re as cool as they are the sun shines on you 24 hours a day.
Style:   Johnny Smooth is the stronger of the two and uses a good combination of Technical and Speed Moves while Kid Kruze is your high flyer that uses guile and Acrobatics.
Signature Move(s):
Johnny Smooth: Wipe Out Corkscrew Neckbreaker
Kid Kruze:  Surf’s Up Senton Bomb
Finishing Move:
Tag Team Finisher: The Crash and Burn – Johnny Smooth executes a backbreaker while Kid Kruze drops a flying elbow to the same unfortunate opponent, sending him flipping off of Johnny’s knee and leaving them wrecked on the mat.
Trademark Taunt:  Hang Ten gesture
Theme Music: Wipe Out! by the Surfaris

Attributes

Johnny Smooth
Durability: 8/10
Strength: 7/10
Technique: 9/10
Submission: 6/10
Speed/Aerial:  7/10
Stamina: 8/10
Charisma: 10/10
Hardcore: 6/10
Overall:61

Kid Kruze
Durability: 7/10
Strength: 6/10
Technique: 7/10
Submission: 5/10
Speed/Aerial: 9/10
Stamina: 7/10
Hardcore: 8/10
Overall: 59

Tag Team
Overall: 70

Crash

Women's Division
Name: Betty Kruze
Division: Women’s/Valet
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian (Not known on TV)
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 115 lbs
Hometown: Santa Cruz, California
Gimmick:  Surfer Girl.  She is Kid Kruze’s little sister and plays the ditzy blonde to a tee.  However she has learned some tricks from her brother and lets others underestimate her.  For now she is part of California Dreamin’ but she has talents that she hasn’t shown yet.
Style:   Speed and guile are Betty’s  best assets…in the ring that is.
Signature Move(s): Surfboard Submission
Finishing Move:  Eat it! Sit-out Face Buster
Trademark Taunt:  Hang Ten gesture
Theme Music: Wipe Out! by the Surfaris

Attributes

Durability: 6/10
Strength: 6/10
Technique: 8/10
Submission: 7/10
Speed/Aerial:  8/10
Stamina: 6/10
Charisma: 9/10
Hardcore: 5/10
Overall: 55

NubianLegend

Are we allowed to post our completed characters in this thread or do you want us to send them via PM? because I have a guy that's ready roll out.

Crash

You can post them here.  If something jumps out as inappropriate I will let you know.  When we get enough wrestlers together I will make a roster page.

Crash

General question: Would it be better to drop the stats portion of the character?  We are going to base results on mutual agreement or coin toss anyway.

NubianLegend

Name: Ulisses Jones Jr.
Division: Intercontinental
Played by: NubianLegend
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 215lbs
Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina
Alignment: Tweener
Gimmick:  He's talented and he knows it, Ulisses Jones Jr. is a former UFC light-heavyweight champion prospect with a background in Olympic-style wrestling. Despite being a professional wrestler himself, he likes to mock wrestling as an "illegitimate" sport enjoyed by simple rednecks who don't know any better.
Style:   Technical-Brawler with a bit of flashy high-flying maneuvering. His style can be described as kurt angle meets seth rollins.
Signature Move(s): High Knee, Spinning Sitout Sleeper Slam, Superman Punch, Jiu-Jitsu Arm Bar.
Finishing Move: Kenta's Fireman Carry(GTS).
Trademark Taunt: Ulisses drops his guard, exposing his chin to the opponent and eggs his opponent to take a swing to which he usually sidesteps or counters. Other than that, he has a particular phrase. "Turn Up!"
Theme Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPlLvx9bn3Y

Attributes

Strength: 7.5/10
Technique: 9/10
Submission: 10/10
Speed/Aerial: 8.5/10
Stamina: 7/10
Charisma: 9/10
Overall: 63

Crash

MissFire

Name: Cassidy Navarro
Division: Women's
Played by: MissFire
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 125lbs
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
Alignment: Heel
Gimmick:  Rebellious, Cocky, and talented enough to have earned that bit of arrogance. She's the 'bad girl' type, willing to do whatever it takes to win a match, just short of cheating. Some consider her a dirty fighter, but she does get the crowds pumped up. While it's impossible to out and out hate her, her persona makes her hard to like and has earned her a place as a heel.
Style: Hardcore/Submission
Signature Move(s):  Sleeper Hold, Armbar, Backbreaker
Finishing Move: Día de los Muertos (Diving Hurricanrana)
Trademark Taunt: "Are you ready to dance with the dead?" as the match starts, "Más remedio tiene un muerto!" as a taunt before executing her finishing move(trans; 'Even a dead man has more hope than you!'), and a 'slicing the neck' gesture.
Theme Music: The Heavy - Short Change Hero

Attributes

Strength:7/10
Technique: 6/10
Submission: 9/10
Speed/Aerial: 6/10
Charisma: 5/10
Hardcore: 8/10
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Crash

Here are some ideas for show breakdown.

MCW Unleashed
Opening:
Match 1:
Match 2:
Mid-Show Main Event:
Match 4:
Match 5:
Main Event:

MCW Nightmare
Opening:
Match 1:
Match 2:
Mid-Show Main Event:
Match 4:
Match 5:
Main Event:

I will add matches as necessary.  For those not in a match feel free to cut a promo, do an interview run a skit or some backstage action like an ambush or verbal confrontation.  In the time section of the post header please put in the match number or what matches the scene takes place between.

Post Header
[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]<insert pic>[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Division:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Date/Time:[/b]
[b]Attire:[/b]
[b]Tag:[/b]
[hr]

Crash

A can run a couple of NPC's but we will need some more players for this to get off the ground.

Kaya

I would be interested in joining, but I'm wondering: In what way is the MCW pushing boundaries that others can't? Since I would be playing a female wrestler, I'd be particularly interested in the boundary pushing when it comes to divas.

And if there are not that many players, I would suggest to simply reduce the number of matches each show.

Crash

I plan on this being in light or bondage so any boundaries in those areas are fine.  The premise being that it being a show on a late night movie network the sex and violence can be amped up.

What kind of boundaries are you looking at pushing?  I am all for innovative diva wrestling.

Yeah if we have fewer players I will just fill in results with NPC vs NPC matches and concentrate on Player matches for the lengthy posts. 

I personally love character development and interaction and am more than willing to accommodate players interests as long as they fit the forum we are in.

Kaya

Here are a couple of things I have been thinking about. None of them are a must of course.

One would be rather simple: There are beautiful women fighting, and it's late night, so why not add a little partial nudity here and there?

More matches with blood? Theater blood could work, if it's real the company should have a good plastic surgeon on site to avoid scars.  ;)

Guys vs girls matches. Everybody else shies away from it.

Crash

All of that is fine with me and what I was going for.  I would want the blood to make sense like in cage matches or anything goes matches and such and forum appropriate but more sex, nudity and violence is fine.  I would like to have a well represented women's division with their own title and tag team title so yeah.  I am all for that.

xPeachyPuff

Hey!

I'm really interested in this. I was thinking about my character and a way to make her a bit more interesting (at least for me to play.) I was thinking that maybe I could have her attached to another character in some way already? Somebody who's been brought up from a smaller wrestling company and is starting out as a 'side-kick'-like character. She is obviously trained as a wrestler, but because she's new to the company she's been put in an out-of-the-ring position, while still being aired, in order to work up to being in-ring. Maybe she's brought in to get heat on a certain athlete or something? Hope you catch my meaning.

I'll be working on her in the next few days, so once my character is up and if you're interested in the idea of MC somehow attached to yours (anyone else here obv.) please contact me!

Does that sound OK?

- Rainbow ♥

Crash

Crash

Quote from: Kaya on July 01, 2014, 04:52:03 PM
Guys vs girls matches. Everybody else shies away from it.

Ultimately this will be decided on by the players.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Crash on July 01, 2014, 05:33:17 PM
Sounds great Snorkle! 

And Hiya!

Great!

And hey hey hey! XD Hope you're doing well, Crash!

- Rainbow ♥

Crash

I am doing well.  Glad to have you aboard and always good to see a familiar face. ;)

Kaya

Here is my character. She is not completely finished yet, but please have a look. And if anyone has an idea for a fitting finisher, please feel free to tell me.

Name: Jessica Kim, but wrestles under the stage name "Satinka"
Division: Women’s, Women’s Tag Team if partnered up
Played by: Kaya
Sex: female
Sexual Orientation: straight
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 108 lbs
Hometown: Little Big Horn  ;)
Gimmick: Her gimmick is that she appears as a sexed up version of a Native American warrior woman. While she does not wear exactly what is shown in the picture to the left, it usually is not much more either. Shw will either wear a soft leather miniskirt with fringes or a breech-cloth and a matching but risky top that looks as if it could fall off any time - and it does.
She has a tendency to get in over her head. With her background of acrobatics and flexibility, she is probably one of the best (if not the best) female sellers in the business. She can take a lot of punishment, and she makes it look very real. She does not shy back from ladder or cage matches, and she would fight a male wrestler without hesitation.
Style: Primary: Acrobat - Secondary: Hardcore
Signature Move(s): Eat Defeat, Happy Ending, Octopus, 5-Star Frog Splash, roundhouse kick, missile dropkick - Yes, Gail Kim is her favorite but there is no relation. I'm probably going to rename some of these moves though.
Finishing Move: not sure about that yet.
Trademark Taunt: A high-pitched warcry: "AI-AI-AI-AAEEEEHHHH!"
Theme Music: I'll have to think about that.

Attributes

Durability: 9/10
Strength: 4/10
Submission: 5/10
Speed/Aerial: 10/10
Stamina: 6/10
Hardcore: 9/10
Overall: 61

xPeachyPuff

Here's MC. Let me know what you think and if anyone wants an on-screen girlfriend, a best friend, a side-kick of some kind, please get in touch with me as Layla will be starting out accompanying someone!

- Rainbow ♥

Name: Layla Park.
Division: Women's/Valet.
Played by: xSnorkleRainbow
Sex: Female.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 98lbs
Hometown: San Francisco, California.
Alignment: Face.
Gimmick: New to the MCW, Layla was brought over from a smaller scale wrestling company who had her in a developmental program. She's been working at becoming a 'big-timer' for three years now, and has been working at getting into wrestling in general since she was a child. She plays up to her chirpy, optimistic, yet somewhat timid character on 'stage', but there isn't much of a difference with her backstage. She's naturally curious, which tends to get her into trouble quite a bit, but she's loyal and when it boils down to it, isn't afraid of confrontation. As she's starting out, she's a little naive and maybe even gullible. However, Layla does pick things up easily and will soon learn how things work at MCW.
Style: Acrobat-Speedster.
Signature Move(s): Split-Legged Moonsault & Tilt-A-Whirl DDT & The Black Widow (A spin on: The Octopus)
Finishing Move: Springboard Moonsault
Trademark Taunt:  A simple flick of her hair or 'peace' sign will be used after winning a match. To get a rise out of the crowd or to spur her on when she's losing, she'll bounce on the spot and use her hands to signal more noise from the audience.
Theme Music: Applause - Lady Gaga.

Attributes

Strength: 5/10
Submission: 6/10
Speed/Aerial: 9/10
Charisma: 7/10
Overall: 55

Crash

Both characters look good.  Thanks for joining!  I will try to get that promo thread up soon-ish as a way for people to introduce their characters if they want.