The 90 Day Challenge ~ Fighting the Pounds Off!

Started by Izu, March 09, 2014, 08:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

*bouncy-flails around the room* Reading this makes me so happy. I can't stop ;D ing.

You are over the hump now. It takes 21 days for the brain to adapt completely to a new routine, or way of doing things. The same applies to quitting smoking, or other addictions. It is good to see you grasping all the positive possibilities ahead of you on this journey to a new Izu.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Izu

*grins grins grins* ^///^ Thank you <3 And yeah... I think my brain is adjusted to the change in routine now, but is still adjusting to the new way of thinking and accepting things ^^; But it's still quite great.

Day 31

Well.... things got crazy today. :P In a good way of course. After work there were horrible traffic jams but instead of driving straight to home I parked at the lane where I'm normally roller blading and got out. I did roller blade for an hour and some, for a total of 10km. And omg... there was this cutie who was biking there and he smiled at me with this huuuuuge amazing smile - I almost fell. Literally, I almost tripped and fell x//D But yeah... It all really energized me and after I got home I did my usual workout. Surprisingly my knee didn't bother me at all with my blades, and hardly at all during the workout. Tomorrow I intend on repeating that process.

I really did enjoy taking some time on my own before getting home. My stress levels went down and even though I didn't really feel like doing anything today - really tired, just bleh, I not only worked out but did all this. I feel great right now. Dead tired, but still... :)

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Izu

Days 32-33-34

Well, I went a bit 'softer' on those days. I did workout on day 32 - Wednesday, but I took the past couple of days off working out. I've been super stressed at work and I did stay in until like 7-8pm on both days, and after that I just preferred to walk a bit before going home, showering and crashing to watch a movie before heading to bed. And as I'm in here to be honest with myself, I did eat a bit too much on both days - a bit of chocolate and a bit of nuts, for a total of additional 600+ calories on both those days. Not happy about it, but not going to drive myself crazy with self-guilt-tripping and feeling sorry for myself or anything like what I used to do before whenever I'd break my diets and workout regimes.

And the good news about all of this - my knee feels amazing right now. No pain, nothing. I guess I did need a bit more rest after all.

Day 35 - Phase 2

So today I am back on track 110%. I slept in (majorly, woke up at noon), had a good balanced meal, a about 2ish hours ago I started working out. I wanted to go out to ride my bike, but it's cold and raining and as my throat is trying to ache (fighting it - not gonna get sick now!) I decided to stay in and hop on my stationary bike instead. Truth to be told it can get extremely boring, but from a long time ago when I first bought it (a bit before high school graduation when I was trying to lose weight) I've known the trick to just put on something on TV or laptop and watch it. Back at high school I watched that really funny/dumb soap opera that would get me completely fixated onto it and I'd ride for solid 40-50 minutes, so now I'm doing the same - I pick some of the series that I'm following, put it on my laptop, put the laptop a meter or two away from the bike and just watch it while I'm biking. Did good 50 minutes today for a total of 20km according to the bike's meter.

Once I was done with the episode and the bike, I set up my Workout 5 video - the first of Phase 2 of Body Revolution. Oh. My. God. I don't know whether it was the initial biking, or simply that workout is extremely good and hardcore (it is hardcore), but 5 minutes in I was shaking. Still to my biggest surprise I did manage to do all of the exercises, some with a bit of modifications, but still - I did all of them, even the ones that had me completely WTF-NOT-POSSIBLE!! when I first watched it to see what's ahead of me. And I do feel great now. Even if the past few days were a bit off due to eating too much, I didn't let this demotivate me and have me give up. I've changed. I see it in the small things, in the ways I react to stuff, in the way I feel about myself. Before I would seriously have myself think what a horrible failure I am for skipping a workout and having a chocolate bar, now I simply shrug it off and move on because I know that 1-2 days that are off will not kill me. Might make me stumble a little, slow down the slimming down process, but on the other side - I can easily correct the 'bad' effects. After all in the end I do not want to never ever touch "bad food", be scared of it or avoid even thinking about it. In the end I'd rather know how to handle food, workout pauses and off-days. And I think that right now I'm definitely learning those things.

Beguile's Mistress

I love how you keep finding balance in your program and allowing yourself some down time but don't feel you are slacking.  Pampering yourself or treating yourself now and then is a good thing when you have the ability to get back into the routine and pick up where you left off.  ;D

Izu

:-[ ;D Yup. It's a whole new experience, so... I'm quite excited. :3

Izu

Days 35-36-37

Well, I think that I just went past through my first serious 'down' moment since the beginning of the BR program. Everything started this Sunday. Things were great actually, all up until 8-ish pm. It had been just too peaceful the past few weeks in my family, and this simply cannot be. My mother and grandmother had yet another grand scandal over something extremely small that brought me to more or less a breakdown. Those of you who know me, know that I just can't handle people screaming around me, at me, and so on. It was hard. Thanks to those two (and special "thanks" to my mother) I hardly got any sleep that night. I felt completely crushed. Monday was no better. With no sleep, tons of work, and just a general bleh mood I really didn't want to do anything. Today finally things are getting better. Or at least I've gotten over it and I'm moving forward. And while I didn't stop working out, I did eat a bit too much. Today especially - I felt sick due to yet another night of not sleep - had some sort of stomach crisis/passing a mini-kidney stone/dust, and one of our clients from Germany sent us about 20kgs of chocolate eggs for Easter >.> Those eggs are no more and I had a couple too many.

Still, I've been working out. I think that this is the only reason why I'm getting out of the 'down'-moment so easily this time. Phase 2 kicks ass. A lot of ass. The Cardio 2 video left me shaking yesterday. I did think I was going to die. But I made all of it. Including burpees to my surprise - something that just a month or so ago when I was told what it was I reacted with a 'LOL NO.' Today workout 5 felt great as well. Hopefully tomorrow I will do just as fine and over Easter I will get over the over-eating phase that I've gotten myself into.

And one more thing that made me all 'bleh' today - I haven't lost any weight. Actually I had a + today, which got me more or less back to the weight that I started from. I'm just hoping that I'm holding water back or something... We'll see... What I know for sure is that I will be spending a lot of time in the next few days reading as much as possible about calories, working out and other stuff like that.

On the good side - my knee hurts no more. All through the crazy new Phase 2 it has been simply great.  I think doing a few moderation and trying my best to do the poses all properly is paying off.

So... yeah...

Caeli

Just remember that losing weight isn't linear - that is, it won't always be a steady line going down.  You'll have ups and downs, and that isn't anything to be feel bleh about. *hugs* It's just normal.  It's just life.

Emotional setbacks are the roughest to deal with, and for some people, eating is a way to make it better - I know I sometimes overindulge when I'm feeling crappy or need an emotional boost. 

What's important is that you got back up and kept working out.  I think it's super impressive that you got through all of your exercises - I know on my off days, I have a hard time convincing myself to keep going, especially if it's physically very challenging.

So... lots of hugs from me! *hugsHUGShugs* You're such a trooper. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Izu

*snuggles into the hug and mews* Mh... thanks... I mean... honestly, by now I would have given up - with hardly any weight lost (down 1kg for a month - not good), but I don't want to stop. Getting home and working out or going out and biking or roller blading just frees my mind from all the bleh-thoughts. So... I don't think I will be giving up. Not this time. But still... I want to lose more weight ;.; <3

*snuggles*

Beguile's Mistress

As Caeli said it's super that you don't let the negative things keep you down.  Getting back on the horse after falling off is success no matter how you look at it.  ;D

Izu

Days 38-42 Almost half way through

Happy Easter!

The past few days were.... well... surprising.

First let me tell you that I found out that I've been counting calories quite incorrectly, which was the reason why I didn't see much results weight-wise. I was eating at my BMR minus 20% off it. Which really put me at the absolute minimum of calories. And with my workouts I'd get with additional minus 200-300 calories beneath that... Eek. Under eating. So after consulting with tons of people on myfitnesspal's boards, I have now upped my calorie intake and the results are in - I had gained 1kg back, and now I've lost it along with another one! So, right now I'm only 10kgs away from my dream weight!

For those who are more interested on the theme you can look into TDEE and the philosophy of 'Eating more to lose more'. The main idea is that if you go for 'BMR' calories you need to eat back the calories you burnt off during workout - or at least some 70-80% of those calories. If you select TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) - you put in all of your activities and whatever TDEE calculator you use gives you back the calories you need with your lifestyle to maintain your weight. And from the TDEE, if you want to lose weight, you subtract up to 20% to find out how many calories you will need with your current life style in order to lose weight.

Truth to be told, it's a bit overwhelming seeing just how many calories I have to take in on a daily basis - nearly 300 more than what I had before, which is a whole other meal. I'm still figuring out how to handle those along with my 'macro targets' (protein, fat, carbs), so I'm now measuring up everything and writing down tons of recipes in myfitnesspal account to get more accurate calorie count. But I think I'm on the right track. Or getting there.

So, to summarize it over the past few days I've been quite active on the boards of MFP (myfitnesspal). I joined a few groups, posted here and there, read a lot. Seriously A LOT. And I'm moving on.

There were a few horrible days (the past 2 actually), my family driving me crazy, feeling really down and hurt and just overly not great. But  I kept on working out, I kept on reading on the matter, I kept on focusing, or trying to, on myself. Being me it's actually really hard to ignore everything and everyone and just think about myself in the first place, but I think I'm learning when and how to be "selfish". 

Oh. I also bought a blender!! ^___^ Super happy about it! Healthy smoothies <3 I decided that those will be my additional calories and with the milk I'd be putting into them I'd be getting there on the 'protein' levels I need. :3 Yummy stuff.

Also found a great source for free workout videos - there are long ones, strength ones, yoga, short, HIITs, everything really. Recommending FitnessBlender to anyone who wants to do something but has no time/money for gym membership and/or DVDs.

:3

So, yeah... The past few days had their ups and downs, but I'm moving on.

There is no stopping me.

Nadir

Izu, this is my most favourite blog. I get happy each time I see you post and your success really is inspiring. You're kicking so much ass <3

jouzinka

Quote from: Izu on April 20, 2014, 01:31:44 PMThere is no stopping me.
I cried happy tears reading this.

I remember the "I can't" too well.

You are so incredibly badass, Izu. And I am very happy that you're kicking such a serious ass and so proud of you to have accomplished so much. <3

*glomps*
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Avis habilis

Izu

;~~~;

Thank you all <3 It really means so much to me to have your support... *hugs all* I really don't know if I would have made it so far if I didn't know that there are people out there who actually support me and what me to make it - my family constantly jokes about me measuring my food and following my calorie intake -__-''

Days 43-44

Yesterday was a great day until the evening when my mother managed to ruin my mood once again and drove me almost to a nervous breakdown. Again. -__- *sighs* But if we ignore this (at least I got it all off my chest and I told her in the face some truths that hopefully might manage to reach her thick brain), the day yesterday was great. I did a double workout and I felt so freaking alive after it. Loved it. Couldn't wait for today to repeat the procedure, but I'm getting sick I think ;__; My throat hurts and I feel as if I'm running a fever, but I'm not. *sighs* Stuffed myself with vitamins and some anti-cold medications in hope to kill it before it gets worse. I do wish that I'll be fine by tomorrow ;u; Don't want to skip workouts...

Caeli

Quote from: Izu on April 22, 2014, 01:12:40 PM
;~~~;

Thank you all <3 It really means so much to me to have your support... *hugs all* I really don't know if I would have made it so far if I didn't know that there are people out there who actually support me and what me to make it - my family constantly jokes about me measuring my food and following my calorie intake -__-''

*hugs* You are such an inspiration.  The changes are so very tangible - the you from today versus the you of two or three years ago.

I hope that you know it, deep in your bones, that you are an amazing and incredible individual.

I think it's horrible that your family jokes about this when it's clear that this is important to you, especially the part where you're trying to live a healthier and happier lifestyle.  Fuck what they think, and remember that you have us if you ever need someone to talk to or someone to give you a boost.  And you also have your workouts, which are great for restoring emotional equilibrium (or at least, that has always been true for me - nothing like smacking tennis balls and badminton birdies to tire out the body and process anger/frustration).
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Izu

*hugs Caeli and dies blushing* Thank you... and yeah... I know... Each day gets me a step away from my past me and I love it. <3

jouzinka

Quote from: Caeli on April 22, 2014, 01:42:17 PMI hope that you know it, deep in your bones, that you are an amazing and incredible individual.
Million times this, Izu. *hugs*

Izu

Thank you, all <3 ;u; <3

Days 45-49 Sick, but getting back on the wagon down Healthy Road

Well, I got through a nasty cold. Throat, stomach, my sinuses, then on Friday my sinuses hit my eyes and got an eye infection. -___- Fun times. So I didn't workout at all for 3 days, my stress levels were all over the place (still are) and I did end up eating some bad bad stuff. And truth to be told yesterday I still had no energy or desire to workout, forced myself to do 40 min of really really reeeaaally low intensity stationary biking, and just was bleh. Today I felt the same. The weather is seriously affecting me - it's gloomy, coldish, rainy and just making me feel like wrapping up myself in a cocoon and hiding there. But after I whined to myself about how pathetic my sorry as is, I got up and did my usual workout as I had planned it to be - Body Revolution followed by T25. Half way through it I felt beat and yet so alive that I made through all of it and now I feel much better. I think I sweated out the last bits of my cold, and the workout kicked my endorphin back up.

So I did sway a bit off my path, but I'm back onto it with new power and focus. I do think that my stress levels will keep building up in the next month or so while I transition into my new position at work (for those who haven't read I will be made into Product Manager), but I will do my best to not allow myself any dramatic sways off my path. I had made a promise to myself by 25 to have lost all that weight - it didn't happen and last year I start my 26th year with the usual gloominess about it. This year, however, I'll be starting my 27th year quite amazingly - working out, eating better, taking care of myself, progressing at work at an amazing pace... I might have not fulfilled that promise yet, but I'm on the way to finally making it come true.

Oreo

I miss those days when I was able to sweat out a cold. I think sometimes doing the workout can build your body heat enough to burn out the infection. It still works when you are over the hill, but not so much when the top of the mountain is looming.

*hugs* I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Izu

Well... I'm a sickly person, so I don't dare working out when I'm getting sick or when I'm sick, only when I'm 95% sure that I'm almost all okay. >.>

Buuut... yeah... *hugs* Thanks <3

Day 50

Wow... 50 days... kind of hard to believe it that I've been going for so long without giving up. Quite proud of myself. :P Other than that the Monday was alright - tons of work as usual, but I managed to stay in my calorie range, and after I got home I did another double workout. Right now my legs are killing me and I'm sure that tomorrow it will be hard to do a single workout let alone a double, but we'll see. Getting back in rhythm and I'm happy with it. <3

jouzinka

*hugs* You're doing so well, Izu.

~ fangirl squee ~

Izu

Day 55

Not so sure whether I'm doing all that good. I'm not losing, but then again I'm realizing that I'm not eating all that well either - I don't log all the calories, I don't measure everything and I'm most definitely overeating. And I seriously can never reach my goal protein targets. I eat meat as much as I can (not fan of it), I have milk, cheese, etc almost everyday, but... nope... And on the other side I always go over my carbs. By a lot. Seriously a lot.

*sighs*

Might be the fact that this 55th days is also my birthday which as usual is making me feel extra not great, but I do feel like I'm slowly heading down the road of failure. I dunno... Not feeling great today. I feel like I'm not doing enough...

*shrugs* we'll see... I'll keep on trying. I like working out, but I just can't get the hang out of this damn eating.

Izu

Day 56

Well... yesterday was bad. After my post I went out with my brother to see a movie and just go to the mall, and I allowed myself to go crazy. Had popcorn, icecream, waffles, for a total of additional 1500 calories >.< This really pushed my buttons last night when I got home and did the math. And this with the addition of it being my birthday and normally feeling horrible on that day, almost got me to my first real breakdown in months. But instead of beating myself to pulp, I posted on MyFitnessPal's forums and people on there helped me get through it, pointing all the things that I've already known - that I'm doing it for myself, that it's my birthday and it's okay to binge, that I can go on, I can get serious and if I fall again I can get up again. Some were quite harsh, some were all nice, and it was all that I needed.

This morning (well, noon - got up at 11.30) I woke up having decided to get really serious like I was in my first month. I'm cutting all junk food that I've allowed myself, I'm ignoring my family when they try to serve me food I don't want, I will concentrate on myself and I will go on. Today is the first day of my 27th year on this world. I will make sure that by my next birthday I will love myself the way I deserve, because deep down I know that I deserve it. I've worked for hardly 16months and the CEOs of the company already trust me enough to make me a Product Manager for the products designed for our mother company and our biggest and richest client! I have a great sense of humor! People know they can count on me! I can handle anything that comes my way and come out a winner! I am freaking awesome. So yes, deep down I do know I deserve to love myself. I just need to get through my walls, stop beating myself up for my minor failures and keep on going until there is no more 'deep down'.

Today is the first day of my 27th year on this world and I intend to make this year amazing. And I will.

jouzinka

You are absolutely and thoroughly adorable, inside and out, Izu. So much determination, so much focus and self-reflection. So much brainz (that's the new sexy, btw!!!).

I'm rooting for you, kiddo. <3

Izu