News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What do teachers make?

Started by Vekseid, June 04, 2007, 02:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Jeramiahh

Ahh, yes, Taylor Mali, one of my favorite poets. I performed several of his poems for a class, last year... very funny, but, at the same time, very touching.

I recommend his website, he has quite a few of his poems available there.

http://www.taylormali.com/
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

King_Furby

on a serious note I Don't know about everywhere but in my state there is a website that lists the salary of every teacher that is full time or part time.

Rayve13

Most school systems I've dealt with (including mine) put it up on their websites.

And that video is great. I'll need to send it around the department.

Trieste

I don't know if this has been posted before, it's somewhat old. But it's very passionate, and very good. I love it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxsOVK4syxU

Also, if someone will help me with the coding for the [youtube] tag, I'll be happy to simply embed it. :P

Vekseid

Scooped, quote my post for how it's done :-p

Trieste

Ah-hah! Someone showed it to me a while ago and I just got around to posting it. I knew it was fairly old, but some things don't get shared as much as they should no matter how long they've been around. ;)

sciencemile

<_<, I bet he didn't answer how much he makes because he makes an embarrassingly high ammount, thus requiring that he blow up to draw attention away from it :P

ShrowdedPoet

We watched this in Philosophy class.  I was telling my philosophy teacher about how my Aunt reacted to me becoming a teacher.  Mr. Maloney stopped class just to show it to us and it made me cry.  It's beautiful. . .
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs