Aetherpunk (Steampunk, Freeform, LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, July 13, 2014, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Jemady Angel on July 23, 2014, 02:43:10 PM
Alright. That sounds good. I am going to work on the female sibling first, since if I am correct you want the engineer for the raid specifically. So if I can get her done first I will be able to write something for the history thread soon.

*nods head*

I am excited :D

I approve of this plan and so does the Captain.  C:)
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Jemady Angel

Character ties: I am playing with the history idea that these two siblings are on the run from the law. I was wondering if there was anyone who might hide these fugitives of the law prior to the ship hijacking?
<---- O/o

Loves

Henrietta's family would do something like that. They own a local shop where they sell all sorts of things acquired both legally and mostly with questionable means.

:p

She will be the one joining the ship as well

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

Hmm.. They could be members of a previous crew that Nate has worked with, so he doesn't care that they have history with the Law.
Or they could use false names to get into the crew, pretending to be man and wife or lovers. Only to have to go to the captain and confess their true identities once the ship has been seized and the Captain only allocates them one cabin and one bed. That could be an interesting scene...

Just tossing them out there if you want to use them feel free. :)

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Jemady Angel

Loves: But Henrietta is joining the crew later correct? They need the mechanic in the raid so in thought they would be joining the crew prior. So I am not sure how you think this might work?

Skyre: I already have there other brother wanting to be with his half-sister. I do not think Silviana will want to even pretend to be with her brother after learning that. They might be in hiding under different names until the ship sets off though, that might work.

*nods head at both*
<---- O/o

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Jemady Angel on July 23, 2014, 03:19:44 PM
Skyre: I already have there other brother wanting to be with his half-sister. I do not think Silviana will want to even pretend to be with her brother after learning that. They might be in hiding under different names until the ship sets off though, that might work.

Feel free to change them to make them work for you Jemady. False names is fine with me and Nate will get over it once he's found out what they've done and shouted at them a bit. He doesn't like being lied to, but given all the shady things he's been in to he probably won't care about their past transgressions much.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Jemady Angel

Quote from: skyre on July 23, 2014, 03:35:36 PM
Feel free to change them to make them work for you Jemady. False names is fine with me and Nate will get over it once he's found out what they've done and shouted at them a bit. He doesn't like being lied to, but given all the shady things he's been in to he probably won't care about their past transgressions much.
As for the past transgression... they were framed. XD
<---- O/o

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Jemady Angel on July 23, 2014, 03:39:22 PM
As for the past transgression... they were framed. XD

As was Captain Archer!  No one saw him steal the Star of India! Vicious slander and lies!  XD

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Jemady Angel

Quote from: skyre on July 23, 2014, 03:45:48 PM

As was Captain Archer!  No one saw him steal the Star of India! Vicious slander and lies!  XD
XD Well, lets just say, the military is after them. *innocent look* but honestly, there brother framed them. XD
<---- O/o

Loves

Quote from: Jemady Angel on July 23, 2014, 03:19:44 PM
Loves: But Henrietta is joining the crew later correct? They need the mechanic in the raid so in thought they would be joining the crew prior. So I am not sure how you think this might work?

*nods head at both*

I'm on my phone so I apologize for the lack of detail.

Basically I was thinking that Henri's family could act as the shelter while they are hiding out. Information of underground movements and illegal gatherings often run through the shop. So it would be easy for them to learn about the news of the captain looking for a crew.

Henri doesn't have to join the same time they do. But it could be a connection for Henri to eventually join when Swashy's brings her to the ship and she sees your characters again.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Jemady Angel

Quote from: Loves on July 23, 2014, 03:55:02 PM
I'm on my phone so I apologize for the lack of detail.

Basically I was thinking that Henri's family could act as the shelter while they are hiding out. Information of underground movements and illegal gatherings often run through the shop. So it would be easy for them to learn about the news of the captain looking for a crew.

Henri doesn't have to join the same time they do. But it could be a connection for Henri to eventually join when Swashy's brings her to the ship and she sees your characters again.

I think I am going to use a combination from the both of you. They will hide initially at the house with Henri, and use their resources to find work on ships and get other identities temporarily. Then having worked with the Captain on another ship get the invite to help on the one he plans to capture. There secret Identities are broken on accident when they meet Henri again and she joins the crew? (ideas do loves and skyre like this idea? o.o?)
<---- O/o

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Jemady Angel

*Face meets desk* I just wrote a +1200 word Bio for Si ... and I have not start on Al yet. XD

I believe so as well ^^
<---- O/o

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Jemady Angel

<---- O/o

Hazy Sky

Sounds good to me Jemady.

Also...

Captain Archer post is done! The crew is free to explore the Comet, mess around off duty with each other or join the landing party to investigate the decidedly shady New Port Royale.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Hazy Sky

Also, also...

Can this picture be used as the header for the Comet thread please? To replace the temporary one that is currently there. Thank you.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madame Professor

Skyre: Crash will have to update that for you when he gets the chance. :-)

Jemady: I am looking forward to seeing Al's profile. Finishing up reading Si's now. ;D
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Madame Professor on July 23, 2014, 04:50:19 PM
Skyre: Crash will have to update that for you when he gets the chance. :-)

No problem and no rush. Thanks for letting me know Madame. How's the character coming along?

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

Awesome socks! I shall put Letty on my list. I wish Henri could be with them.
;)

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Madame Professor

Of course. :-)

Bwhahaha! I like you. You're funny. :P
My character sheet is still genderless and jobless... I'll actually think about it more when I'm a bit more caught up and have more free time. For now, it's on hold.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Jemady Angel

Madame I do not know what is wrong with it but the coding messed up somewhere so if you have trouble with it like I was in my previews of it I will take the pictures off of it and see if that helps at all.

Okay, both siblings are written. xD
<---- O/o

Madame Professor

I sent you a PM, but we might when to try that... The whole first half of the profile is missing. :-(

Jemady Angel

Quote from: Madame Professor on July 23, 2014, 05:19:14 PM
I sent you a PM, but we might when to try that... The whole first half of the profile is missing. :-(
Sent without the pictures this time.
<---- O/o

Madame Professor

Okay, I think I know what the issue is and when I get home, I'll see if I can fix it for you so you can get those lovely pictures in. ;D