Female Young Offenders Correctional Facility - Interest Check. (Ladies only)

Started by Chrystal, April 13, 2014, 12:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

Added time served to the char sheet.

I was wondering how head cases would be handled here. I mentioned Jackie being a psychopath in the character sheet and was curious if that would change anything. I was doing some extra research that's way I was asking.

Chrystal

Two very nice characters, Reaper. and that make the ratio 5-1

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on April 14, 2014, 03:49:35 PM
:( Am I that forgettable?

Not at all. I said there weren't any actual staff characters. There weren't, because you hadn't posted her.

I am going to allow you to have two characters, because they are so very different, and because as yet no-one has stepped up to the plate and said "I'll run this"...  Which probably means it's going to be me again, which means, in effect, no real GM-ing. *shrug*

I think the rule has to be, if you want a second player character, she must be very different from your first one. In other words, one D and one S.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Lynnette

Quote from: Chrystal on April 14, 2014, 04:26:21 PM
Two very nice characters, Reaper. and that make the ratio 5-1

Not at all. I said there weren't any actual staff characters. There weren't, because you hadn't posted her.

I am going to allow you to have two characters, because they are so very different, and because as yet no-one has stepped up to the plate and said "I'll run this"...  Which probably means it's going to be me again, which means, in effect, no real GM-ing. *shrug*

I think the rule has to be, if you want a second player character, she must be very different from your first one. In other words, one D and one S.

I guess that makes sense.

And if you'd like, I could co-GM it with you, but I won't do it all alone. I have realized that I am incredibly good at crashing stuff, so I don't GM a whole lot alone or myself, because, well, master of crashing shit. But, as I said, I'd be willing to work with you as a subordinate.

Also, did it say in the OP that it wasn't allowed to have two characters? Also, I hadn't really planned to have a secondary char, it kind of just happened.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Chrystal

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on April 14, 2014, 04:13:45 PM
Added time served to the char sheet.

I was wondering how head cases would be handled here. I mentioned Jackie being a psychopath in the character sheet and was curious if that would change anything. I was doing some extra research that's way I was asking.

Someone who was truly a head-case, actually wouldn't be there. If you look into the criminal justice system in any "civilised" country, there is usually a "get out of jail free card" in the shape of "Not guilty by reason of diminished responsibility", or "Not Guilty by reason of insanity", or anything along those lines. People who enter such pleas are sent for psychiatric evaluation to ascertain if they are fit to stand trial. If the report comes back "No", they are usually remanded for treatment - in other words the "get out of jail" card actually gets you locked up in the nut ward! point being to be in a regular institution, the character would not be clinically psychopathic.

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on April 14, 2014, 04:30:03 PM
I guess that makes sense.

And if you'd like, I could co-GM it with you, but I won't do it all alone. I have realized that I am incredibly good at crashing stuff, so I don't GM a whole lot alone or myself, because, well, master of crashing shit. But, as I said, I'd be willing to work with you as a subordinate.

If you want to Co-GM, that's fine, although I've never really understood the role of a co-GM, other than to take some of the load off the GM. However, for me, the only way o do that is to write some of my one-on-one posts for me... *eyeroll* That or get me a new muse.

Also, did it say in the OP that it wasn't allowed to have two characters? Also, I hadn't really planned to have a secondary char, it kind of just happened.

No, it didn't, because I didn't think anyone would. But to be honest, I don't mind. I will say a maximum of two, though, and as I said, they must be different.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Lynnette

Well, it depends on how you look at it, but a co-GM usually just leans back and lets the main GM do all the work, for then to have the co-GM either approve of it, or come with alterations.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Chrystal

Lynnette

Quote from: Chrystal on April 14, 2014, 04:54:18 PM
Really? I thought it was the other way around...

It's a very subjective thing, but it's usually the owner (In the role of GM) that decides how the story goes (In his/her head) and then runs it by the co-GM to have a second set of eyes look at it.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Chrystal

lol, I know, I was teasing.

I am thinking about making a second character myself, or possibly changing my existing one to make her less dominant...

Lynnette

Quote from: Chrystal on April 14, 2014, 05:01:24 PM
lol, I know, I was teasing.

I am thinking about making a second character myself, or possibly changing my existing one to make her less dominant...

Right now, it shouldn't take a mathematician to realize that we need more staff, so I don't think anyone would try to kill you if you made a staff-character.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Dhi

I'd like to pursue the nun chaplain idea and give you a second staff member. I have some writing I need to do before I work out her precise character, though.

BeckyAnnn

Quote from: Dhi on April 14, 2014, 05:04:06 PM
I'd like to pursue the nun chaplain idea and give you a second staff member. I have some writing I need to do before I work out her precise character, though.

I for one like your nun idea very much.  :-)

Dhi

Chrystal

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on April 14, 2014, 05:03:18 PM
Right now, it shouldn't take a mathematician to realize that we need more staff, so I don't think anyone would try to kill you if you made a staff-character.

Trouble is I don't want to make a staff character. I'm going to change my character to put her lower down the pecking order. We have plenty of  top-dog student characters, and not many staff, so by shifting my character down, I help keep the balance I want, which should be "bottom heavy", with more dominant characters having more than one sub character to choose from, and the staff having the pick of all of them.

Quote from: Dhi on April 14, 2014, 05:04:06 PM

I really love the idea, Dhi, Please do.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 14, 2014, 08:14:26 PM
Also I'm just sort of curious what would a GM for this game do? It would seem a lot of characters come with plot elements attached and we could just sort of play out a day in the life or maybe rotate through players having plot points introduced for them. I mean I suppose someone needs to be the 'buck stops here' to solve problems and such but were you seeing a GM as really 'running' this?

Someone has to set up threads, count posts, read every post, make sure people update their post headers, make sure that people obey the OOC rules... I think if we have NPCs created "on-the-fly" by players, it will remove the need for the GM to control NPCs. The only issue with that is if someone creates a NPC and keeps using her, she effectively becomes a player character, at which point the GM will need to demand a character sheet.

Other GM duties involve creating the environment - basically drawing floor plans of the school, moving time forward, chasing people who haven't posted, and generally keeping things moving. These latter three are the things I truly suck at.

Anyway, still hoping for some more players.

Sarah Morgan

This sounds like it'll be an interesting game, if it actually gets going.  It seems like you've got plenty of inmates, which is what I'd play, as I don't think I'd be able to do dominance well, but I'll be following along if this gets off the ground.  Also, this encourages me to actually look at the ladies only forum, since I never have really looked at the non-roleplay areas of the site yet.

Bamagirl

Player ID: bamagirl

Name: Pamela "Bam Pam" Roberts

Job: Watch Commander

Subject Taught: More of an enforcer than a teacher

Height: 5'8"

Weight 145

Personality: Angrily quiet and aggressive with the prisoners. Walks the block like she owns it, because for eight hours a day she does. And all the people in it too.

Any Other Info: Officer Roberts has worked as a prison guard for most of her adult life, starting off at a county jail and then moving to a maximum security men's facility. She has faced down some of the biggest, baddest and most dangerous- and she's completely innured to brutality. In fact she has a reputation for it, resulting in her nickname as "Bam Pam."  She's quick to go to the night stick, and says nothing of the rumors she killed a prisoner by shooting him in the back with a shotgun during a riot back in '03. Now she works at a juvenile facility, which among her profession is considered a little more sedate. There may be some mean girls inside the cells, but she's made sure every single one of them know that she is not just mean, but cruel. She lives alone with her Rottweiler named Eicke, which she brings to work from time to time to further terrorize her charges.

Pamela thinks these sorts of criminals are the worst kind of humanity. The violent offenses that have most of them locked up she believes they should never be released for. Because they were considered children at the time though each of them is getting far less than what she feels they deserve. She has taken it upon herself to mete out extra punishment and correction. She thinks that it is her duty to ensure that when these felonious femmes are paroled one day that they truly regret their heinous crimes, and have a terrified respect for authority and order.
Ons/Offs     Requests     A/A

Chrystal

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on April 15, 2014, 07:09:29 PM
This sounds like it'll be an interesting game, if it actually gets going.  It seems like you've got plenty of inmates, which is what I'd play, as I don't think I'd be able to do dominance well, but I'll be following along if this gets off the ground.  Also, this encourages me to actually look at the ladies only forum, since I never have really looked at the non-roleplay areas of the site yet.

Hi Sarah, I'd love to have you aboard. I don't think there's too many subs yet, we have a couple of dominants and a few switches and a couple of subs, so you would be more than welcome to bring in a bottom character. My usual plan in group games is to have odd numbers if possible and try to avoid it becoming just a number of linked one-on-one sex scenes - I discourage "pairing up" and like people to trade and even share partners as much as possible.

Quote from: Bamagirl on April 16, 2014, 11:30:07 AM
Player ID: bamachelsea

Name: Pamela "Bam Pam" Roberts

Job: Night Watch Commander

Subject Taught: More of an enforcer than a teacher

Height: 5'8"

Weight 145

Personality: Angrily quiet and aggressive with the prisoners. Walks the block like she owns it, because for right hours a day she does. And all the people in it too.

Any Other Info

Hi Bama. Just a couple of things:

1) your user ID is "Bamagirl", not "bamachelsea". It's not a major issue,  but things like that can sometimes lead to other things, like not updating the post header tag, for example.

2) While I like the idea of a night watch commander, and I think there should be one, I'm not sure what time of day the group will start at. I notice that this is your first group game on E, so you probably don't know how slow things tend to run here - A game started at breakfast will be lucky to have reached lunch-time the same day, some six months of real time later, unless there is a GM who moves the game forward.And so far this game doesn't have a GM.

My worry is that your character may end up waiting for ever to enter the game. The other alternative is that the game starts in the evening and none of the other staff characters get a look in. However...

As the only two other staff characters so far submitted would be 24/7 on-call, I think that might actually work.

3) Please could you expand on her personality a bit? Maybe explain why she is like she is? The other info tag is trhere for you to give her back-ground, her home life, her relationships, her family... Have a look at the characters so far submitted.

What do people think? Would an evening start work?

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: Chrystal on April 16, 2014, 02:58:23 PM
What do people think? Would an evening start work?

Would limit inmate interaction since I assume like other prisons the inmates are locked in their cells at night.

Bamagirl

Quote from: Chrystal on April 16, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

Hi Bama. Just a couple of things:

1) your user ID is "Bamagirl", not "bamachelsea". It's not a major issue,  but things like that can sometimes lead to other things, like not updating the post header tag, for example.

2) While I like the idea of a night watch commander, and I think there should be one, I'm not sure what time of day the group will start at. I notice that this is your first group game on E, so you probably don't know how slow things tend to run here - A game started at breakfast will be lucky to have reached lunch-time the same day, some six months of real time later, unless there is a GM who moves the game forward.And so far this game doesn't have a GM.
Good catch on my username!  That's actually my yahoo so I get them confused. Fixed it. Also realized I spelled eight wrong!

Added more information, hope that fits better. Also made Pamela just a watch commander, so she could be there whenever.

As to the slow moving nature, heck, I'll probably be part of the problem on that one!  But this does sound fun so I wanted to jump in!

Chrystal

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on April 16, 2014, 03:05:03 PM
Would limit inmate interaction since I assume like other prisons the inmates are locked in their cells at night.

Actually, I'm considering making it a dorm thing rather than cells, because that makes it less likely that the game will end up as just "me and my cell mate having fun". If everyone is in the same dorm there can be gang rapes, mass hosing-downs, forcing the shy to strip in front of everyone... etc...

Quote from: Bamagirl on April 16, 2014, 04:00:27 PM
Good catch on my username!  That's actually my yahoo so I get them confused. Fixed it. Also realized I spelled eight wrong!

Added more information, hope that fits better. Also made Pamela just a watch commander, so she could be there whenever.

As to the slow moving nature, heck, I'll probably be part of the problem on that one!  But this does sound fun so I wanted to jump in!

That's much better, yes, thank you. I did notice the typo of eight, but I only comment on typos if they are amusing... everyone makes them, me more than others because I have a cranky keyboard with a mind of it's own!

Watch commander is good. I might still do the evening start, though... just do it a bit earlier - unless of course someone turns up and volunteers to run the game...

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: Chrystal on April 16, 2014, 04:19:55 PM
Actually, I'm considering making it a dorm thing rather than cells, because that makes it less likely that the game will end up as just "me and my cell mate having fun". If everyone is in the same dorm there can be gang rapes, mass hosing-downs, forcing the shy to strip in front of everyone... etc...

I had considered the same thing when thinking about how I was going to play through the game. I love the idea of doing dorms opens things up a great deal when it comes to interaction and makes for a dynamic all around I think. Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Bamagirl

Quote from: Chrystal on April 16, 2014, 04:19:55 PM
Haha, mass hosings. Hadn't even thought of that (but I do have some clichés and surprises!), and I'm a bit shocked no one else wants to be one of the sadistic bitches guards for these wayward young women. As it stands now it looks like I get to have all the fun.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective though?

One thing I had noticed though is that so far everyone is white. Far be it from me to turn this into a discussion on real and perceived injustices in the justice system, but at least in America most lock-ups are filled with people of color.

Chrystal

"People of colour"? Is that the latest politically correct way of saying it?

I have no issues with playing someone who is of a different race, but I'm still trying to figure out my character.

And Bama, the D to S ratio on E is about 1:10 for lesbians. If you include switches like myself in the D side it comes down to about 1:3. So if you're D you should find yourself quite popular!

Lynnette

Quote from: Chrystal on April 16, 2014, 05:50:32 PM
"People of colour"? Is that the latest politically correct way of saying it?

I have no issues with playing someone who is of a different race, but I'm still trying to figure out my character.

And Bama, the D to S ratio on E is about 1:10 for lesbians. If you include switches like myself in the D side it comes down to about 1:3. So if you're D you should find yourself quite popular!

Yup, if you're dom/switch, you're most likely going to have it easy finding people to play with. It's harder when you play sub, which is why I made a character that is as sub as you can get her, and one that is switch with a very very strong preference for being dominant.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

BeckyAnnn

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 16, 2014, 05:57:46 PM
I could play Zannie as more of a switch but she'd be more of a "mean girl" humiliation type dom as opposed to a whips and chains type.

Sounds perfect to me.   :D

Chrystal

Nice character, Star.

I have revamped my character to make her more the way I want to play her. I'm looking for a different pic-set for her, to see if I can make her coloured.