Elliquiy Fortress (No experience necessary)

Started by Vekseid, November 20, 2007, 03:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple of Eris

*sets up lounge chair and tans* Just doing my part!
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Vekseid on November 23, 2007, 11:50:26 AM
It's actually floating in mid-air :-p

then i'm gonna stab it with a pointy stick and eat it :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Jefepato

*begins massing a horde of goblins to stand at the edge of the map and do nothing*

Swedish Steel

Great. I see goblin stake on the menu for the next couple of months. Where's my cleaver?
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Apple of Eris

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

*taps into keg and begins binge drinking*  hey, if we're going to fight goblins, gotta be in the proper spirit!

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Vekseid

And so the intrepid ladies carve out their new fortress.  Soon enough, they strike... something.

Lilac: "Hey Vekseid!  What's Malachite!?"
Vekseid: *Checks Wikipedia* "Copper!"
Lilac: "Damnit. Oooh.  Chrysocolla!  Is that valuable!?"
Vekseid: "It's a good training stone?"
Lilac: "...damnit."

In the mean time, Elvi set up her still, and Apple and Lirliel began working on some basic crafts while the other ladies dug out the fortress, in preparation for the arrival of the dwarven supply caravan.

In no time at all, Elvi had turned the intrepid group's two-year stock into a four-year stock.  With some help from the so-called 'men' prancing about outside like elves.

Lilac: "Aww, how sweet, the floating plants died!"

And so the intrepid fortress began. In time, they were noticed.

Jeremiahh: "Fucking kobolds!"
Cherri: "Well if that's the way you swing..."
Jeremiahh: "That's not what I meant!"

Vekseid eventually set up shop as well, and began training Elliquiy's future army of war dogs.  Some of them were already making puppies.

Swedish Steel: "Aww..."
Lilac: "See!?  We have no men here."
Swedish Steel: "..."

Jerimiahh: "Stone-forsaken kobolds!"
Apple: "You're one to talk!"
Jerimiahh:"This wasn't my choice line of work!"

Vekseid: "Lilac, the caravan is here!"
Lilac: "Do they have anvils!?"
Vekseid: "How should I know!?"
Lilac: "Grrr...."

With the arrival of the caravan, there was another visitor.

This one apparently ran across the caravan's guards while stealing one of Apple's Microcline mugs. His life of theft and adventure was sadly cut short by non-denizens of Elliquiy Fortress.

Apple plays the world's smallest violin for the Kobold.

After investigating the caravan and finding no anvils, Lilac proceeds to curse the Liaison out over the matter.

Lilac: "What do you FUCKING MEAN no anvils!?"
Liaison: "Well we-"
Lilac: "are idiots!"
Liaison: "We'll be happy to bring one next year-"
Lilac: "For how much!?"
Liaison: "Oh, a special discount for you! Only 165%!"
Lilac: "..."
Liaison: "Was it something I said?  By the way, we need crossbows."
Lilac: "..."
Liaison: *gulps* "And musical instruments and toys..."
Lilac: "Did the King get assassinated and replaced by an elf!?"

The Liaison mumbled something about treasonous talk and left shortly after the caravan did. Lilac picked up some food, fabric, and a cage with a dog in it.  Mostly to trap all the puppies Vekseid's dogs were making.

Winter hadn't even arrived before the first wave of migrants came, hoping to partake in the wealth of the young fortress

Lilac: "Slave labor!" <3

(Immigrant profiles in next post)

Elvi

*Hic*

Stop stressing Lilac.....have a flaggen of....errrrr.....this stuff...we got planty.....errrrr...plenty....*HIC*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Apple of Eris

That bastard stole one of my mugs! Death by kobold is too good for the likes of him! Someone resurrect him so I can give him a slow torturous death! *grumbles*

And I want my damn mug back!

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Vekseid

Lilac inspects the so-called "Men" as they come in.

Unlike some of the other 'men' that arrived, he's at least not lazy, or useless.  Also, he brought a donkey, so he wasn't completely worthless, as he actually brought a potential source of leather.

The second not-completely-useless 'male'. Cherri was not exactly the ideal mechanic, Lilac was forced to admit.

Why he came when there was already a leatherworker couple willing to provide their own leather supply is anyone's guess.  Future slave labor.

"Willing to compare himself favorably with others". No skills, no animals, the only thing of value about this peasant is the clothes he wears!  Future slave labor.

Lilac's verdict: Will wait until the next immigrant wave to judge whether or not there are men in the kingdom at all.

Meng also brought a donkey, complimenting her husband's. Breeding pair means food + leather + bones + skulls.  All good things!

She will be tasked with Fortress Beautification immediately!

Surely there must be some use for this girl. Perhaps dedicated crafting of some sort.

Finally, the Intrepid Fortress received a pair of Armorer chicks:

Both of whom were apparently prone to laziness.

Jefepato

I've become irate with the number of migrants that show up in the current version of DF.

The last game I played, there were 22 in the first wave.

Vekseid

Yeah, his was the smallest wave I've seen. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have posted it.

Not volunteering to be one of the males? :-p

Cherri Tart

what do you mean i'm not the most reliable of mechanics?  hey, if you think you can do it any better, be my guest! *storms off, leaving a trail of doohickeys, and watchamajiggies in my wake*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Xillen

Woot, immigrants!

I'm gonna claim Catten Likotsavot :)

*eyes Lilac questioningly, after her remark about no men, while he chews away that last piece of bat that he finally managed to free from between his teeth*

Elvi

Catten?
"Tense, jittery and unassertive"
Sounds perfect Xillen....*laughs*

strangely made

Do you want to put me down for Shorast Llalath please, Vekseid. Pretty please :)

Elvi

Oh bugger....
*rolls up sleeves and starts making more booze.....*

Vekseid

Quote from: Xillen on November 27, 2007, 05:24:58 AM
Woot, immigrants!

I'm gonna claim Catten Likotsavot :)

*eyes Lilac questioningly, after her remark about no men, while he chews away that last piece of bat that he finally managed to free from between his teeth*

I -think- the Goblin claimed him already, so if he says that's who he wants, he'll get him first.

Xillen

If that's the case, I'll settle for Dodok Sibrekular. Could we have some confirmations on this?

Bliss

Zefon the engraver - overindulges, needs alcohol to get through the day, and handles stress cheerfully? Yeah, that's me!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Cherri Tart

Ilral the armorer for me!  i mean, really - she sounds perfect :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Vekseid

Quote from: Cherri Tart on November 27, 2007, 10:31:22 AM
Ilral the armorer for me!  i mean, really - she sounds perfect :)

You already have a character. If she dies you can have a new one :-p

Cherri Tart

no, i mean i want her as one of my followers!  really, how do you expect me to raise an army without followers?  there's some pesky elves to the west of us and really, who invited them?  kick their bottoms out and think of all the nice forests we could cut down and build ships out of :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Apple of Eris

I'll join the army! Supposedly I'm a butcher and tanner so I suppose that means either join the military or become a dwarven serial killer. I'd rather lop off some elf heads!

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

yeah! army of two!  *hands Apple five stars and a medal of honor - you can be my general of mayhem :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored