Interest check: Werewolves pack game

Started by Spider, April 05, 2009, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider

Im checking if there is anyone wanting to play a werewolf game with oWoD system with some slight changes to the world.  (Leaning more towards nWoD in darkness level, no treehugging, no septs, and no Litany)

The story will mainly be about a werewolves, their attempt to survive in a hostile world while living together with other people who can understand them.... other ragefilled monsters who go bump in the night.... their pack.

roleplayinggrl18

Corinthi

I'm sold. I'm very familiar with oWoD werewolf, not familiar at all really with the nWoD fluff.

Spider

nWod pretty much mean, werewolf dont try to save the world, they only try to survive, spirit world is a dangerous and alien world, spirits are NOT nice, they are neutral at best, some you might be friendly with through a good bargain. Its alot darker. I personally prefer the nWoD over oWoD in almost every part but the shapeshifting and rage management.

If more come into the game we can talk about what we want in background and such

roleplayinggrl18

still sounds interesting, I am game (and I liked both oWOD and nWOD)

Spider

You should consider making an O/O thread roleplayinggrl18

Greenthorn

Doktor Sleepless

I'd be interested in a proper oWoD game; which can be very dark too.

Crovonovin

I'd be very much interested in joining up!  I'm not really very familiar with World of Darkness, but I've been rather interested in the idea of werewolves for quite some time...  Unfortunately my only experience with this setting was that Vampire-oriented PC game, Masquerade.  And the only werewolf there was a rather...horrifyingly large thing that tore me several new orifices.   I'd be more than willing to look at any pertinent information to get a better idea of the setting. 

Corinthi

Shihong,

The wiki page for Werewolf the Apocalypse is actually very nice and should have anything you'd need to know, since we're changing up the fluff.

I'd pay particular attention to Breeds, Tribes, and Auspices, as that'll give you a good rundown of character options.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf_the_apocalypse

Spider

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on April 05, 2009, 04:08:12 PM
I'd be interested in a proper oWoD game; which can be very dark too.

This will not be a "proper" oWoD game. It will be a diffrent setting, with diffrent background. As I already said

Pumpkin Seeds

::: raises hand:: I'm interested but I'm not familiar with nWoD so much and rusty with oWoD.

Inkidu

I want to do werewolves but am intimidated by system games...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Spider

Asku- Any fluff you need to know will be provided since I will make it myself, its more nWoD inspired then from nWoD

Inkidu - System games allow a fairness, specially in a game like this. Freeform could never allow to werewolves to go head to head mentally, physically or socially... it would be a pissing contest with words and it would all deteriorate with player egos and what not. With system you are all equal (Any min maxers out there will be warned... I want characters not numbers) chance and skill will decide how a conflict comes out. good rp give bonuses btw :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Spider on April 05, 2009, 08:41:25 PM
Asku- Any fluff you need to know will be provided since I will make it myself, its more nWoD inspired then from nWoD

Inkidu - System games allow a fairness, specially in a game like this. Freeform could never allow to werewolves to go head to head mentally, physically or socially... it would be a pissing contest with words and it would all deteriorate with player egos and what not. With system you are all equal (Any min maxers out there will be warned... I want characters not numbers) chance and skill will decide how a conflict comes out. good rp give bonuses btw :D
I know the difference and I happen to like free-form, but I don't think that should ruin the other half of the spectrum from me. I don't really know any systems that aren't automatically decided by a computer.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Corinthi

I don't mind system when used to define a character's capabilities, but in actual forum RP I prefer consent and negotiation to die rolls.

For example, if Greenthorn's character has better combat stats than mine and we come into physical conflict, I've no problem at all losing without ever rolling a die, and yet, if I come up with a clever RP way to 'cheat' or negate some of her advantages, I'm sure I could discuss it with her via PMs and work out a resolution we both like.

And I feel the same way about PC versus NPC challenges.

Why yes, I am a fan of Amber Diceless. Why do you ask?

Inkidu

Look I've got no problem doing a system game but I'll need a mentor, or the equivalent.

Spider

As participating storyteller I will have the part of mentor, if I feel you need to roll I will tell you what you need to roll and what you need to succeed. I do not know Amber unfortunatly but it sounds like a good idea I do find it slightly hard to implement though. For smaller issues I do not have a problem with players discussing it OOC of how things will turn out. However if the outcome is of greater importance or the players cant come to a conclusion. 2 chars wanting same thing both players think their char can make it... it boils down to the dice. Your skill brings you so far but sometimes when two equal meets, luck comes into play.

Elohim

Have room for a militant lesbian black fury?  Every game needs one, and I've never been able to play that particular stereotype.

Spider

Sure I been pondering about 5-6 players lesbian militant furies might get a problem when all are hetrosexual though.

Ah yes speaking of sexuality though. One of the main things with the change is that the werewolves are not forbidden to mate and there are no side effects to mate with your own "race" there are no lupus or metis. Only Homids (There will be more fluff about that)

So the game will contain sexual content... Im thinking the game will go into the extreme section due to the nature of werewolves.... not to mention werewolves having sex with eachother or a none werewolf.... plus hunting, defending your territory, removing a threat.... gore is to be expected cause claws tear more then cut...  not to mention that humans are rather tastey... their laws forbid it... yours dont... not to mention the moral qualms that you yourself were once a human (more fluff to be added there)

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Spider on April 05, 2009, 08:33:07 PM
This will not be a "proper" oWoD game. It will be a diffrent setting, with diffrent background. As I already said

I pass, then. Thanks.

Nacht

Quote from: Spider on April 06, 2009, 02:35:34 AM
Ah yes speaking of sexuality though. One of the main things with the change is that the werewolves are not forbidden to mate and there are no side effects to mate with your own "race" there are no lupus or metis. Only Homids (There will be more fluff about that)

D'aww, my favorite wolfie char's whole concept hinges on her being Metis :P  If it weren't for that, I'd totally be interested in such a game, I less-than-three oWoD to death ^_^

Greenthorn

Quote from: Inkidu on April 05, 2009, 08:57:11 PM
Look I've got no problem doing a system game but I'll need a mentor, or the equivalent.

Inki...I am totally clueless on systems...it's a known fact...

Reminds me...

Who's making my character sheet....*looks at Spider*   O:)

Spider

Inkidu

Quote from: Greenthorn on April 06, 2009, 05:27:08 AM
Inki...I am totally clueless on systems...it's a known fact...

Reminds me...

Who's making my character sheet....*looks at Spider*   O:)
Well it's easy for you you're cute, cute people always get their character sheets filled out.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Inkidu on April 06, 2009, 07:14:06 AM
Well it's easy for you you're cute, cute people always get their character sheets filled out.

*takes Inki's character sheet and passes it off as her own to someone*

Nahhh..don't have to be cute...just gotta -know- someone who can be cute!  ;D

Josietta

*bounces up and down and raises hand* I am SOOOOO all over this!!! Count me in!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Inkidu

Well I don't want to be a burden so as soon as I can pick up the system I'll handle it myself. :D I appreciate the help.

DarkChipmunk

I do think I would be interested in playing in this game. Please PM me with any info I might need to decide on a character, or if there is any specific setting info, or particular character roles that need filling? Thank you!

Elven Sex Goddess

Sure I been pondering about 5-6 players lesbian militant furies might get a problem when all are hetrosexual though.

So the game will contain sexual content... Im thinking the game will go into the extreme section due to the nature of werewolves.... not to mention werewolves having sex with eachother or a none werewolf.... plus hunting, defending your territory, removing a threat.... gore is to be expected cause claws tear more then cut...  not to mention that humans are rather tastey... their laws forbid it... yours dont... not to mention the moral qualms that you yourself were once a human (more fluff to be added there)

So your basicallly saying no naughty carrache werewolfs.  They can mate because there will be no metis.  Since that is the main reason why it is taboo.  So your talking only two breed forms like nwod. 

Just curious is all.

Josietta

Nope.. not two breed forms .. only one. He said, "no lupus or metis. Only Homids.." which is interesting to say the least! :D

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Inkidu

Um well not that I'm willing not to do EX but the rating in E only count toward the sexual content of the game. I can go into explicit gory detail about how my werewolf ripped the guts out of a human and as long as it wasn't for sex it could be VAN.

Oh also clear up some of that jargon please.

Corinthi

I think I'll bow out, folks. There are plenty of interested parties and I'm not sure the game is quite what I was looking for.

Spider

"Come gather round children and Spider will tell you how werewolves were made, once the worlds were one, flesh did not excist, spirits to take what form they pleased only their alien imagination were their limits. But something changed, something happend, flesh came to be some spirits could only take one form and not change back, they could not roam the spirit realms no more, they were trapped upon the back of the mother godess.

Many more years passed when flesh and spirit separated, the two worlds which was once one were now two the spirits in flesh had forgotten what it was like to be spirit and the spirits themselves had started to retain only one form as well but had forgotten what it was like to be free and careless, their form was now their function. Both worlds mirrors another that of flesh and that of spirit.
Luna saw herself as the protector of the shadowrealm, that where fleshless spirit roams, where helios sees himself as the protector of the realm of flesh.

From time to time the realms meet again, leaving openings to wander through, leaving fleshilings to die within the barren shadows of Lunas realm, or spirits harass the realm of the fleshlings to gain power and energies they generate through emotion and action.

Luna chose a champion to protect her realm, wolf stood proud at her side to guard her borders
Helios chose a champion as well, Man rose to rule the lands of flesh to protect his borders, but alas still could they not hinder the meetings, and when it happen Man and spirit wolf clashed in battle, to protect their borders.  Luna weeped and Helios was furious, not even their champion could protect their lands. But then Luna and Helios met, Helios let his light be hidden by Lunas shadow, they spoke long of what to do and decided that only one champion, who could cross both realms was needed. And thus the essence of man and the essence of wolf melded into one. To stalk the shadow of cast by light. Werewolves came to protect the borders. Many many years passed and Luna and Helios pleased and tired from their work went to slumber... but little did they know what problems would arise.
Man feared wolf and all he did not understand, so werewolves could not show themselves to them to act as a true champion of the realm and the spirits were not pleased to be guarded by halflings, to be hindered to harvest the sweet energies of the lands beyond the shadow.

So werewolves learned to hide themselves, to protect their lands from hiding, and try to keep the alien minds of the spirits away from those of flesh so they do not spoil their lands... even Helios and Lunas children forgot their true purpose, with all the world and the things that go bump in the night, with the alien spirits who disslikes their policing....  a hostile world indeed, all a Garou has is his pack... maybe his tribe on his side.. if he is lucky."

Just a taste... not very good but I hope it gives a feel for it. Dark survival with abit of spiritualism, the spirit realms is a dark and dangerous place, with less then friendly inhabitants if not carefull.
Abit mixing and shaking on the mythology, its not final but it gives a bit of a basic structure at least.

We have alot of people wanting to play, I want people to send me their sheet in a PM marked: Werewolf

With Background and personality in it. I want about 5-6 chars in the game tops and Im going to pick the chars that fit best to the setting and feel.
The game will be put in EX even though it probably wont be having gore scenes in a sexual sense.

Spider

As for char creation, standard oWoD sheet no metis no lupus.

Kinfolk also dont excist.

DeviantWolf

If there is still some room I would be interested.  I will admit I am rusty on the oWoD rules and never played nWoD rules but am sure I can get it.  I'm an avid gamer just no one to table top with around here in a WoD setting.

So if there is still room let me know and I will work up a character concept and begin studying some of the rules, I am sure I can find some on the interwebs.
~~ I'm loving what you wanna wear ~~
~~ I wonder what's up under there? ~~
~~ Wonder if I'll ever have it under my tongue? ~~

Crovonovin

Spider, did you get my PM with the character sheet?  Besides the need to get rid of the points put into 'Kinfolk', I think it's alright.  I just want to be sure.

Spider

yes I have recieved your sheet Shihong

Spider

The game is still open as to few sheets has come in for a selection so send away

Inkidu

I have no idea where my character sheet is. GT took it and I've not seen it since or even if it's in the works.

Spider

Just send me a character idea, the dots are not importants. What is more important that you have a character and personality to your char

Spider

more themes to consider:

Humans- Prey, Food, Relatives, Very Tastey? You grew up as a human before your first change... now though they smell like prey and food, you know they taste good, and they can scratch that itch if you get horny.... how your char feel about that? Are you still human? Or are they just food?

Inkidu

I'm actually getting the feeling these aren't the "Turn on a full moon only" werewolves.

Crovonovin

Heh, no they aren't.  They can change between five different forms, if I can recall.  Human, feral-human, werewolf, dire wolf, and wolf.  Something like that.  Lycanthropy is also inherited, not given through bites.  Any other pertinent information is on the Werewolf: The Apocalypse wiki that was linked to.

Inkidu

Widowwolf

I will have to look at the werewolf wiki, Im not familiar with multiplayer rping on forums, though I do play quite a bit of D&D on the weekends with friends. Im not familiar with this particular system, but I am very interested in the idea...
I spin a web of fantasy.. tell me your desires.
Feel free to hit me up on Skype, I will send info when asked.
F-List

Josietta

*Just peeking in to see how things are going here*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Tad

If you're still looking, I'd be interested in perhaps playing.  Please PM me, and I'll give you more details.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Spider

Things are going ok.... apart from me being somewhat unhappy with my current health..... I strained a muscle in my shoulder.... so im going on muscle relaxants....

not good for general cordination.

Anyway please have patience.

Josietta

*peeks in* Is the Spider doing okay? Still feeling under the weather?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Spider

Im feeling better, but having alot of university stress :(  Will see if I can pickit up at a later time

Josietta

No worries darlin! Understandable. I'm sure we all understand where you are coming from. Good luck with classes! Let me know when and if you wanna start it back up! I'll be first in line! *hug*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Crovonovin

And I'll be the second!  I wish you the best of luck with the school related stuff.  I know how bad that can get at this time of the year.