Predators versus Prey :: Needing New Players, as of May 16th! (Semi-Anthro)

Started by Faustus, January 26, 2013, 02:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faustus

The Predators and the Prey :: Main Plot Page

The year is 2430 – By our standards, that is.

Take a look around.

Where are the flying cars? The skyscrapers kissing the sun? Where is our space travel technology? Televisions and cellphones – Computers powered with technology beyond all reason?

All gone.

The year, listed more appropriately, is 300 AA – After Animalia – and for all the world it looks more like you emerged from the Victorian Era.

This is because society finally collapsed 300 years ago. The humans, if you would call them that, do not speak about the event because they care not to. Some are completely unaware there was anything any different from what they currently have. Only the true Historians of society are aware of how life on Earth once was, prior to the Animalia Deformations. They don’t really consider Animalia a deformation anymore, though. During the societal fallout, the disease that was released into the air that originally genetically modified their ancestors was only a deformity during that time. Now, mankind – or, rather, Animalia Kind—has come to accept and embrace their differences.

The genetic mutations led to the destruction of the original Animalia on Earth. The fish in the ocean, the birds in the sky, the mammals of land… All wiped out due to the contagion. Their immune systems didn’t fare so well, but humans did have a crafty way of adapting, even if that meant becoming what they had previously looked down on.

Formerly post-anal tails grew in some cases, interior gill-pouches became exterior gills and fins, ears elongated and even relocated….even the senses grew sharper. By the end, what was left behind was some sort of crossbreed between human and beast : More human than beast, though it did bear the traits of the animalia it could have been once upon a dream.

With this new development, emphasis was no longer placed upon nationality and skin colour. Sexuality was no longer a heightened concern of the people anymore either. However, humans, no matter how they have fallen (or, in the eyes of those who know better, advanced), will find something to isolate others over ; in this case, it was a new form of racism : Species. Those who had taken on traits of predatory creatures (lions, tigers, wolves, bears, sharks and so on..) would be labeled as “The Predators”, while those with the “weaker” genetics (cows, sheep, goats, rabbits and so on..) would come to be called “The Prey”.

As society had reduced itself to a “simpler” time, “simple” ways would be adopted again : The Predators would become the Lords and Ladies under The Monarch – a single, all-uniting force who’s species has always been kept a mystery, though they seem ageless –  while The Prey would become lower class (servants and slaves, peddlers, prostitutes, etc).

Worse yet, however, is that a Prey may be born to a family otherwise filled with Predators… Such a scandal must be hidden from the public eye, else the family receive shame – This pits family member against family member in these times.

What were you born as? Were you lucky to be a Predator? Or were you cursed to be little more than a Prey? Will you try to change your class? Or, even more – Will you try to change society?

And what of those Historians who know how life was before? Those who identify you as a Predator or Prey at birth? If they hold the knowledge of what happened…could they also hold the knowledge on how to return humans to their former glory?

Welcome to The Former Continent of Europa – Make your choice and good luck out there.

The Predators and the Prey :: A Few Extra details

Welcome to the thread, gentle reader. For those of you who have been around Elliquiy and the Group Games section prior, you may recognize something familiar. Why, yes, this is Faustus’ old game. I decided enough time had passed since it was last played (over a year ago, truthfully), and decided to brush the dust off this old gal and bring her back. For new players that were not here that run : Welcome! Please, have a look around as I explain a few finer points of detail!

What you are dealing with here, at the core, is this : This is a semi-Anthro (and I say semi due to how little anthro this is) role play with technology at the base-level of the Victorian Era. All statuses that may have been relevant at that time will be relevant now (ie; Earls, Ladies, Lords, so on and forth). Speech, however, is not limited to Victorian-Era speech : Just your technology and status levels. Your world around you will greatly resemble Victorian-Era architecture and structure, though a few tiny things may be out of place.

The Anthro level for this, if you will, is along the lines of Neko’s and the like – characters may have some physical attributes similar to an animal (ears, tails, teeth sharpness, sensory, eyes, gills, fins, some fur if so desired, etc) or personality attributes (tigers may have a perchance for lounging about in the sunlight, bunnies may be skiddish, etc). This is up to the player and by no means must be reinforced, save some physical attributes. You decide how far you take it, but all characters must have some physical attributes related to their species of question, no matter how subtle.

As you may have noticed from the above paragraph describing the plot, crucial species between obvious-predator and obvious-prey were completely omitted : Domestic dogs, small felines, birds, etc. were completely left out. This was intentional. The species is 100% playable (no species is off-limits, actually), however they fall into an odd category within the society – These, because they are neither Predator nor Prey, may choose their own path freely. A Maine Coone, for instance, may choose to live life as a Bar Wench, or may choose to be a pampered and spoiled Lady. Society accepts them in both and neither looks up to, nor down, upon these. Use your own senses when deciding what Class your character fits into.

Insects and Lizards are also a funny case – They appear so rarely that most are seen as small-scale miracles and usually serve in the Court of The Monarch.

Rodents, curiously, are also commonly found to be part of an Underground Bunch referred to, simply, as "The Fallen," or "The Fallen from Grace". They are types that often hoarde the former technologies of the society passed, wishing things could be as it once was. They have somehow discovered knowledge that only Historians should have access to, and function as almost "antagonists". The Fallen, however, are not limited to Rodents – Any species may be a Fallen. It all depends on their drive : Accept life as it is, or desire life as it once was (though it was that very life that landed you in this position)?

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Faustus

With this section, let me introduce you to how the rest of this Interest Thread will function. This post will contain all Rules and Regulations for this particular game. Please, make sure to read all of them and abide by them for the future. We here with the game do not look kindly upon those that break many of these rules, especially Rules of Conduct. The third post will contain your Character Sheet as well as our Current Totals so you can see our numbers. I will include in that the character name, player, species and their status. Beneathe that I will also list a male to female ratio so you can see how we’re doing with that!

The final post will be a constantly spanning and ever growing Frequently Asked Questions section. You may note that it is already quite large, mostly due to this having been run once before and I am keeping those questions from before. Please feel free to ask any and all questions you may have, and I will probably use them to update the FAQ itself. I’ll leave your name off, no worries. But remember : the only stupid question is one not asked. I am thrilled to answer any questions you may have! Knowledge is power.

Don’t let all of the information frighten you away! I know it might be a lot to take in, but it is all quite simple once you get to it.

As for the rules and guidelines, we do not have many, but expect you to take the time to read them over.

• On “Literacy”. The encouraged “literacy level” (I do hate phrasing it as such) is Intermediate to Advanced Literate. Basically what we here want is this : No one liners. We ask that you try for ~300 word posts, which is around 2-3 paragraphs, as a minimum guideline. This is not enforced or policed, I promise you, and we understand that in many cases you just don’t have enough to work with to create a long post. That is fine! Simply make sure each post you create is enough for not only your character to react, but is giving enough for *another * to react from and you should be fine.
  • On Grammar. We ask for proper use of the English Language, Punctuation and Grammar system. Yes, some of us overuse commas. Yes, some of us might break our sentences just a wee bit strangely. This is okay. We do not, however, want to see something like, “pls sara i just want u to luv me” or a distinct lack of punctuation. Each person will be viewed on a case-by-case scenario, and English as a Second Language will be taken into massive consideration. We know English is hard – we will not disparage others due to it.
  • On Posting Times. Rejoice! We here at Predators versus Prey completely understand that everyone has lives outside of the internet! Your main GM attends University and cannot post every day herself. Guess what? That is okay. We do not ask for every minute of your day, though we do encourage an attempt at a post per week, and preferably a little quicker (if you can) when your character may be involved in the thick of something.
  • On Communication. We really, really like for our players to remain vocal and communicate. Please, let us know if you will be away for an extended period of time or if you’re just having a hard time getting started. We’re not going to be mad! On the contrary : chances are we’ll try to help you in every way that we can. We are also very understanding of those who just need some time to themselves.
  • On Non-Consent. Given the subject material of this piece, non-consensual activities run a high chance of occurring, but only with players complete consent. You must contact the player in question before this sort of activity may occur, and if they say no – guess what? That is a no. Players are not to push or pry.
  • On Sexuality and Gender. Predators versus Prey is a LGBT friendly game and welcomes players, and characters, of all sexualities and gender identifications. You will find in your character application a section that is provided for you, as the potential player, to state if you are uncomfortable playing opposite certain people (for instance : Are you uncomfortable with playing opposite a girl who is controlling a male character?). We understand there are cases like this and want it to be addressed before gameplay. We will not refuse any player for their preferences in play.
  • On Equal Opportunity. Like many businesses you have probably applied for, Predators versus Prey enjoys including this handy statement : We are an equal opportunity game, and will not discriminate, refuse or reject any player or character based on their sexual identification, preference, religious affiliation, colour, race, creed, etc. Your answers on your application for “comfort levels” will also not be considered during the acceptance or rejection phase.
  • On Anthros. We re-emphasize at this point that we are not looking for full “furry” types of characters. Characters should remain more human in appearance than not. However, what animal traits you choose to detail for your character are left open to you. If you are confused by the difference between the type of anthro we seek versus other types, we suggest looking at accepted applications for ideas, or looking up what a “cat girl” looks like. Not all characters must look like this : Be creative with how you display your characters species!
  • On Elaboration. We reserve the right to return to these Rules and Regulations and expand upon them at any given time. If they are changed under any form or fashion, an official notation will be placed and made public for players and new applicants to observe.

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Faustus

Username : (What is the username you have applied for this character under on Elliquiy? This is more a notation for your GMs than anything.)
Player Preferences : (Does it matter to you if you’re playing with a man or a woman? This is not for your character’s preferences, it’s your own – If you are uncomfortable playing with a specific gender, we need to know ahead of time to keep the peace, yes? So, do you care if you are a man playing opposite a woman who is playing a male character? Vice Versa and so on? If you do mind, is it only for sexual interactions that you have a problem, or are you uncomfortable all of the time?)

Full Name : (Should be another gimme – This is the name of your character into our fallen Europa!)
Age and Birthdate : (Preferably the age of 18 and up, however a character may be played as young as 16 as per Elliquiy site rules. Remember that some players may be uncomfortable playing opposite a character younger than 18, however.)
Gender : (Your character’s gender, please and thank you! If a gender operating outside of the norm Male / Female, please notate this. Feel free to detail as well.)
Marital Status : (Is your character married? Single? Divorced? Widowed? Taken?)
Species : (What creature would you like? Understand that you are open to any species on this pretty green Earth – Just bear in mind what falls where on the chain of command. Please see Plot and FAQ for more details or clarification. CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO PLAYERS WANTING A MYTHOLOGICAL CREATURE. Please contact your head GM, Faustus, before applying for one. We will need to see how you are thinking of playing them before a decision can be made.)

Predator / Prey / Somewhere Between? : (Please use your own sense of judgment here. A Lion, unless having fallen from his high-post, probably isn’t going to be a Prey, much as a Bunny isn’t a Predator.)
Occupation : (Are they a Lord? Earl? If so, do they have a job they leave the house to do [such as Owner of a company? Perfume maker?] Or are they Prey and a bar wench? Factory worker? “Unfortunate”? Rent Boy? Docks worker? Or do they serve in the court of The Monarch? You decide! They may even be an elusive Historian – Such a highly coveted position no doubt “brings home the bacon”, so to speak. They may also be part of the "Fallen From Grace" -- The type that hoardes the modern technology that is discovered and wishes to return time to how it once was.)
Sexuality : (Recall, this is your character’s preferred sexuality. There will be a section following allowing you to clarify whether you mind them going outside of this comfort zone. This is just a base-line of personal attraction.)

Height / Weight: (How tall is your character? Smaller species need not necessarily run smaller – ie; just because you are playing a mouse does not mean you will only stand 3’. For character weight, recall natural body distribution, what is healthy per body type, etc. Think how the species may affect the body : A girl who is a cow will probably weigh more than a girl who is a cheetah, for instance. When in doubt, “N/A”.)
Body Type : (Skinny, Built, Buff, Chubby, etc. Please, feel free to detail as you desire.)
Hair : (Colour and Style)
Eyes : (Colour)
Distinguishing Features : ( Any tattoos, piercings or scars, etc that may be unique to your character should be listed here. Distinguishing Features will also cover how your character displays their anthro-traits. You will detail how the species affects the appearance in full here.)
Optional Image : ] (You are not required to submit an image with your character, but we know everyone on Elliquiy enjoys seeing your creation so feel free TO submit one. I ask that you submit your character image as a link for me to click on due to working mostly on my phone. IF you want to pre-attach this into your application, please have the image FLOAT RIGHT AT THE BEGINING OF YOUR APPLICATION NOT DOWN HERE and be no more than 400px in width. It saves space and shows off your work, not your image. You may provide more than one image for your character as well : simply link more.)

Personality : (Ah, such a crucial section – Everyone needs to know and understand about your character and how they function. Enjoy yourself! Please strive for at least a good, solid paragraph to help us grasp who your character is. Two sentences just really isn’t going to cover them as a person, now is it? We would favour two paragraphs of detailed personality if you could manage, however.)

Brief Biography : (You don’t have to write a novel for your characters history, but how did they come to be where they are? Tell us! We’re all very eager to learn. We would suggest to aim for two to three paragraphs detailing the character’s history, but more will not be discouraged!)

Character On’s :  (Please detail a few of your character’s “on switches” here. If your character’s match your own, you may feel free to link us to your list. Any differences should be noted.)
Character Off’s : (Please detail a few of your character’s “off switches” here. If your character’s match your own, you may feel free to link us to your list. Any differences should be noted.)
Are you willing to allow your character to participate in Non-Consensual Activity? : (Simply put – Do you want to have non-consent with your character, be that giving or receiving? If you do NOT want this, please emphasize that it isn’t your cup of tea, and your character [even if playing a servant/slave/unfortunate/etc] will NOT be forced to participate in this.)
Are you willing to allow your character to have sexual interaction with those outside of their preferred sexuality? : (ie; Does it say your character is Heterosexual, but you wouldn’t be opposed to having a character of the same sex instigate with your character to “change their mind” or give them their first homosexual experience? Again, no one will be forced to allow this to happen. I promise.)

Anything Else? : (This section is more-or-less added to make sure all bases are covered – If you feel that I have missed something in the application that you would like to add, please feel free to put it here!)

[b]Username :[/b] [i](What is the username you have applied for this character under on Elliquiy? This is more a notation for your GMs than anything.)[/i]
[b]Player Preferences :[/b] [i](Does it matter to you if you’re playing with a man or a woman? This is not for your character’s preferences, it’s your own – If you are uncomfortable playing with a specific gender, we need to know ahead of time to keep the peace, yes? So, do you care if you are a man playing opposite a woman who is playing a male character? Vice Versa and so on? If you do mind, is it only for sexual interactions that you have a problem, or are you uncomfortable all of the time?)[/i]

[b]Full Name :[/b] [i](Should be another gimme – This is the name of your character into our fallen Europa!)[/i]
[b]Age and Birthdate :[/b] [i](Preferably the age of 18 and up, however a character may be played as young as 16 as per Elliquiy site rules. Remember that some players may be uncomfortable playing opposite a character younger than 18, however.)[/i]
[b]Gender :[/b] [i](Your character’s gender, please and thank you! If a gender operating outside of the norm Male / Female, please notate this. Feel free to detail as well.)[/i]
[b]Marital Status :[/b] [i](Is your character married? Single? Divorced? Widowed? Taken?)[/i]
[b]Species :[/b] [i](What creature would you like? Understand that you are open to any species on this pretty green Earth – Just bear in mind what falls where on the chain of command. Please see Plot and FAQ for more details or clarification. CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO PLAYERS WANTING A MYTHOLOGICAL CREATURE. Please contact your head GM, Faustus, before applying for one. We will need to see how you are thinking of playing them before a decision can be made.)[/i]

[b]Predator / Prey / Somewhere Between? :[/b] [i](Please use your own sense of judgment here. A Lion, unless having fallen from his high-post, probably isn’t going to be a Prey, much as a Bunny isn’t a Predator.)[/i]
[b]Occupation :[/b] [i](Are they a Lord? Earl? If so, do they have a job they leave the house to do [such as Owner of a company? Perfume maker?] Or are they Prey and a bar wench? Factory worker? “Unfortunate”? Rent Boy? Docks worker? Or do they serve in the court of The Monarch? You decide! They may even be an elusive Historian – Such a highly coveted position no doubt “brings home the bacon”, so to speak. They may also be part of the "Fallen From Grace" -- The type that hoardes the modern technology that is discovered and wishes to return time to how it once was.)[/i]
[b]Sexuality :[/b] [i](Recall, this is your character’s preferred sexuality. There will be a section following allowing you to clarify whether you mind them going outside of this comfort zone. This is just a base-line of personal attraction.)[/i]

[b]Height / Weight:[/b] [i](How tall is your character? Smaller species need not necessarily run smaller – ie; just because you are playing a mouse does not mean you will only stand 3’. For character weight, recall natural body distribution, what is healthy per body type, etc. Think how the species may affect the body : A girl who is a cow will probably weigh more than a girl who is a cheetah, for instance. When in doubt, “N/A”.)[/i]
[b]Body Type :[/b] [i](Skinny, Built, Buff, Chubby, etc. Please, feel free to detail as you desire.)[/i]
[b]Hair :[/b] [i](Colour and Style)[/i]
[b]Eyes :[/b] [i](Colour)[/i]
[b]Distinguishing Features :[/b] [i]( Any tattoos, piercings or scars, etc that may be unique to your character should be listed here. Distinguishing Features will also cover how your character displays their anthro-traits. You will detail how the species affects the appearance in full here.)[/i]
[b]Optional Image :[/b] ] [i](You are not required to submit an image with your character, but we know everyone on Elliquiy enjoys seeing your creation so feel free TO submit one. I ask that you submit your character image as a link for me to click on due to working mostly on my phone. IF you want to pre-attach this into your application, please have the image FLOAT RIGHT AT THE BEGINING OF YOUR APPLICATION NOT DOWN HERE and be no more than 400px in width. It saves space and shows off your work, not your image. You may provide more than one image for your character as well : simply link more.)[/i]

[b]Personality :[/b] [i](Ah, such a crucial section – Everyone needs to know and understand about your character and how they function. Enjoy yourself! Please strive for at least a good, solid paragraph to help us grasp who your character is. Two sentences just really isn’t going to cover them as a person, now is it? We would favour two paragraphs of detailed personality if you could manage, however.)[/i]

[b]Brief Biography :[/b] [i](You don’t have to write a novel for your characters history, but how did they come to be where they are? Tell us! We’re all very eager to learn. We would suggest to aim for two to three paragraphs detailing the character’s history, but more will not be discouraged!)[/i]

[b]Character On’s :[/b]  [i](Please detail a few of your character’s “on switches” here. If your character’s match your own, you may feel free to link us to your list. Any differences should be noted.)[/i]
[b]Character Off’s :[/b] [i](Please detail a few of your character’s “off switches” here. If your character’s match your own, you may feel free to link us to your list. Any differences should be noted.)[/i]
[b]Are you willing to allow your character to participate in Non-Consensual Activity? :[/b][i] (Simply put – Do you want to have non-consent with your character, be that giving or receiving? If you do NOT want this, please emphasize that it isn’t your cup of tea, and your character [even if playing a servant/slave/unfortunate/etc] will NOT be forced to participate in this.)[/i]
[b]Are you willing to allow your character to have sexual interaction with those outside of their preferred sexuality? :[/b][i] (ie; Does it say your character is Heterosexual, but you wouldn’t be opposed to having a character of the same sex instigate with your character to “change their mind” or give them their first homosexual experience? Again, no one will be forced to allow this to happen. I promise.)[/i]

[b]Anything Else? :[/b] [i](This section is more-or-less added to make sure all bases are covered – If you feel that I have missed something in the application that you would like to add, please feel free to put it here!)[/i]

CURRENT TOTALS

ADDLAI KELLER  as played by  FAUSTUS  | | He is a  RED FOX  and is a  PREDATOR
CAPRICE LONDAIS  as played by  DEMI  | | She is a  BOX JELLYFISH  and is a  PREDATOR 
ANTONIO la BATCELONE  as played by  ELCAPITAN  | | He is a  TIGER  and is a  PREDATOR
THOMAS DONATIEN  as played by  MEZZANOTTE  | | He is a  HYENA  and is a  PREDATOR
RAIN LEXINGTON  as played by  CURVYKITTEN  | | She is a  HOUSE TABBY/SIBERIAN  and is a  PREDATOR
SERENITY CROSSWELL  as played by  CURVYKITTEN  | | She is a  BUTTERFLY  and is a  PREY [SPECIAL CLASS]
LOLA CAPRI  as played by  CURVYKITTEN  | | She is a  MONKEY  and is a  PREY
ABUBARAK MASSRI  as created by  ELCAPITAN  | | He is a  EGYPTIAN VULTURE  and is a  PREDATOR [NPC for the game]
ANGELINE HARGRAVES  as created by  HALORIEL  | |  She is a  ORCA/SHARK  and is a  PREDATOR
MAKO GALODON  as created by  TheBlackThrone  | |  He is a  SHARK  and is a  PREDATOR

The Species Breakdown
Predator's and the Court of the Monarch
  • Mammal :  4 (fox : male, tiger : male, hyena : male, house tabby/siberian : female)
  • Aquatic : 3 (box jellyfish : female, shark : male, shark/orca : female)
  • Avian : 1 (egyptian culture : male [NPC])

Prey
  • Mammal : 1 (monkey : female)

Insect
  • 1 (butterfly : female)

There are currently 5 MALES (ONE NPC) and 5 FEMALES involved.
There are currently 8 PREDATORS, 9 PREY and 1 PROTECTED CLASS involved.

The Predators versus Prey are currently seeking ALL players and characters. We would, however, love to see more FALLEN AND PREY characters emerge.

A FEW CHARACTER JOBS

Just a few positions that are offered – Please recall that you are far from limited to the following. I more created this section for inspiration to other players, as sometimes you just draw a blank about what role you want to play. There are some jobs and positions listed beneathe here that are not detailed in the rest of the Interest Thread, so it might be a good read anyway.

The Court of the Monarch
There are many positions that get you into the Court of the Monarch, but that doesn’t guarantee that you will see the Monarch and learn who they are. Many of those that live within the Monarch’s Halls are Insects and Reptiles, seen as prized creatures above the others by the Monarch themself. Others may come and go.

Available Occupations : There are many roles available for the Court, but we’ll start at the top and work our way down. The role of the Monarch is available, though a player seeking this would need to contact the GM ahead of time. Spanning from the Monarch you have their possible offspring, though again GM contact would be advised. The Seven Top Historians are available jobs here as well (see FAQ for details of their job). You have the Insect and Reptile members of Court, and you also have those that serve in the Court (Cooks, Butlers, Maids, Food Producers, Gardeners, Bedwarmers, and other Servants or Slaves). Possibilities are limitless. A good look at those kept close to a King or Queen throughout Europe during the Victorian Era would list even more jobs I have forgotten!
Number of Roles Available :
The Monarch – 1 Position Available
Possible Offspring of the Monarch – 2 – 3 Positions Available
The Top Historians – 0 Positions Available || 7 Positions Taken
Servantry Level – Currently Unlimited

The Common Prey :
This is your average, run-of-the-mill sort of Prey. These are what would be the equivalent in Victorian Era as the “Lower Class.” As common Prey, they are not allowed to own their own land, homes or businesses and must do that through someone else. They are not allowed, by Monarch Law, to rise above this lot in their lives to anything greater. One may find a Predator or two amongst the Lower Class, and those are treated much as Lepers were : shunned and with disgust. This means they had formerly been something great, but were thrown down to this level. How sad.

Available Occupations : Again, simply conjure up images of what the Lower Class did during this intended Era and you have a good idea of what jobs there are. Some examples may include : Servant/Slave to a Predator, Peddler, Barwench, Unfortunate (read : prostitute), Rent Boy, Docks Worker, Factory Hand, etc. You are of the working class or a Slave.
Number of Roles Available : Currently Unlimited

The Between Denizen :
Someone who exists as a between is neither blatant Predator, nor are they obviously Prey. This puts them into a bit of a pickle to identify, so they maintain a status all their own. Due to this they are given the option to either be Lower Class or Upper Class. A Between individual may struggle to achieve higher levels of respect from more “fierce” Predators (such as : a domestic housecat is not on the same Lordly level as a Lion). May own property, slaves, and land.

Available Occupations : Think “higher class.” These are still not high enough to usually own entire mansions, but these are certainly not types that are living out of hovels. Many of these are business owners, stall and market owners, slave sellers, Bookkeepers, Bankers, etc. May also go into the Military or Expeditions to gather new “crops” (see : prey from other lands).

The Higher Class Predator :
This is someone who has been clearly identified as a Predator species and thus of superior genetic stock. This type serves as Lords, Ladies, Earl’s, Duchesses, and so on. I suggest a search on Victorian Nobility levels and the like for this type. They do clearly have their own lands and mansions, typically owning vast businesses (large factories, fields, etc). Historians also come from this stock. To be a Historian, of course, is to be very respected in society, though sometimes untrusted.

Available Occupations : I return to my previous statement. Think of the “Highest Class” here. Lord, Lady, Earl, Factory Owner, Farm Owner, Massive Slave Farmer, Historian, Emissaries or even someone who is just inheriting “old money” can be put here. These are the elite. High Military nobility may also be listed, as well as Professional Explorers who go reap new hauls of Prey from foreign lands.
Historians : 4 – 5 positions available
Other High Class : Currently Unlimited

Military :
Clearly, due to the Monarch waging war with lands they do not own, the Military will be a section unto itself. This is land and navel militaries primarily, though it should be noted the navel group is not faring as well as their land cousins. Only someone of Between Status or Higher may be admitted into the higher ranks of military, but it is not unheard of to use Prey as fodder during battle. At least the pay is good while they survive. . It is also not uncommon for the militia to take defeated Predator and Prey alike back to be sold into slavery.

Available Occupations : Everything that would be available to a Victorian-Era militia. Think of the ranks used by Brittan during this period and choose accordingly for your character.

The Fallen :
These are the Rebels against Society that scuttle about beneathe the city in their expansive network of sewers. Their ultimate goal is a desire to return the world to the state that it formerly was before everything was controlled by the Monarch and Historians. They try to collect Forbidden Technologies before the Historians can and are currently working at figuring out how they work. They’re doing a pretty good job too. Typically Rodents, but other Predators and Prey have joined their ranks.

Available Occupations : All jobs are open here, though things that are closely associated with them are, of course, Rebels, Thieves, and Spies who have infiltrated into Historians and other Predators homes. It is not their jobs that hold them together, but their ideals.
The Head of the Fallen – 1 Position Available
The Second in Command – 1 Position Available
Infiltrated Spies – 2 – 3 Positions Available
Other Fallen – Currently Unlimited

I stand by my previous statement that these are not all jobs and careers open to someone, but it might be a good jumping off point if you can’t decide what you want to do! It also helps to detail a few things that might otherwise be unclear.

Faustus

Q . If there are no animal species left, what are the predators eating?
As lame as it sounds, prior to the fallout, genetically modified food that can be grown was created. It had all of the similar properties to meat, really – Same taste, nutrients, etc. however it was grown instead of an animal that had been killed. It satisfied vegans around the world. This plant would be processed and turned into a wide variety of meat-resembling products.

Now? This plant still exists and is grown as a crop for the predators, though the knowledge behind how this plant was ever created to begin with has been lost – Kinda like how most of us have just come to accept yellow corn when purple was the original strain of it.

Q . If the predator’s don’t eat prey, could I apply for a character that has taken this up?
I figure this question will come up for those that want to play truly malicious characters, and I am very keen on those types. This very same thing came up in the previous run of this game, and we basically handled it as such :

Yes, you may play a character that has taken to purchasing Prey and using them for that very purpose. This is a practice that may be considered common, even, for other parts of the world (their status and how they are functioning in relation to Fallen Europa will be detailed further down). They will want to keep this secret, as it betrays the Law of the Monarch. Players should also not try to devour another player’s character as well. Please only kill and eat background characters of your own design.

Q . HELP! I’m confused about jobs I can do! Alternatively : I can’t decide what I want for my character. Can you help me?
Instead of typing it here, I will direct you to my Spoiler-Cut located just beneathe the Character Totals in the Character Creation section. There I detailed a LOT of information and careers available to you. I hope it helps!

Q . How "anthro" does my character need to be?
This is pretty much up to the player -- All players should recognize going into this that you may be interacting with a character that has ears and tails resembling their animal. This is basically the furthest state of anthro we're looking for.

Others may choose to only have subtle references : Teeth, nails, sensory, eyes...

You may choose to make your character as anthro as you want, or as subtle as you want. There is no set requirement. This is mostly for how comfortable you are, as a player, with anthro traits. However, there must be some sort of referencing to the animal, otherwise the character doesn't appear to be affected by the genetic mutations at all, and that might not fly so well in this society. So give as much, or little, as you want while somehow making that character an animal. You are no longer human. You are something between.

Q . What are the main differences between the Upper Class and Lower?
At the core, the upper class can do whatever they fancy. Some work, of course, but the work is dainty – Usually owning factories and large companies, or doing jobs behind desks. Lower class does not have this luxury and does the more dredge sort of work – manual labor and the like, or other undesirable jobs.

Lower class is not allowed to own their own property either, nor do they own stores or even stands in the market – Property is always rented via someone in the upper class, if they get to rent a home at all. Both stalls and stores are tended to in the public eye by the lower class, though the upper reaps all of the benefit : It’s a 80/20 profit situation, which is terrible for the lower class, but what can you do?

Being sold into servantry or slavery is not uncommon either, and some find a reprieve in this sort of treatment : After all, at least they have a roof over their heads and are required to be fed via Law of The Monarch.

Q . Are there slaves bought for sexual purposes only?
Of course! Once a Lord, Lady, Earl, etc purchases a slave or servant, they may be used for whatever the owner feels is appropriate, within The Monarch’s Law.

Q . What does The Monarch’s Law Entail?
  • All servants or slaves purchased must have adequate food, water, and a place to sleep that is both warm and dry. It must also be proper for their species – Aquatic Animalia must be contained within water, land Animalia must have a habitat suiting their needs, and so on.
  • No Predator may kill a Prey.
  • No Prey will ever rise to the level of a Predator [Though this law is being contested actively by Prey-Supporters].
  • No Prey may be Harvested.
  • If a Prey is born to two Predators, it must learn to serve as the rest of those on its status have.

Q . Can you give another example of Predator / Prey / Between?
  • Predator : Predator Animals. Tiger. Lion. Bear. Shark. So on and so forth. Animals that eat.
  • Prey : Prey Animals.  Cow. Sheep. Rabbit. Squirrel. So on. Animals that are eaten.
  • Between : Domestic Animals that serve neither function. Dog. Cat. Horse. Will choose between being a Predator or Prey in status. Animals that may eat, but are rarely eaten.

Q . How can a Prey be born to two Predators?
Because biological law, if you will, does not apply – A Tiger may mate with a Fox and produce an Eagle. The traits that emerge when a child is born usually emphasize something about its personality and are chosen at complete random by the child’s genetics. In this way, there is even more to worry about than if a boy or a girl is born. Most species will perform live births, not egg, even if the animal species is usually geared to egg-births. There are rare cases, but they are few and far between.

Q . Do Animalia that normally produce milk or eggs for consumption still do so?
This is up to the player to decide. If they want to play a Cow-Anthro that produces milk, that is fine. But this is not enforced.Milk and eggs for consumption are still present in this verse, though, whether a player chooses to play a character like this or not.

Q . Does this particular game rely heavily on the dominant/submissive archetype?
Not per say, though there is the emphasis on prey as lower-class. Prey must obey and recognize a lower status to Predators...at least in public. 

Q . If one plays a Predator, does that mean they must be a dominant character?
Nope! Say... Your Predator takes a Prey in as a servant into the household. That Predator may then decide how they wish to treat aforementioned Prey. They may decide, in the public eye, to treat them as they are expected to be -- the lower class (again, think maids and butlers of Victorian Era, or the public workers, etc). However, behind closed doors in the privacy of their own home, illicit love affairs where they "bottom out", if you will, to their Prey may occur.

Q . As a Predator, do I have to treat my Prey poorly?
Naw. Again, no one says you must abuse the Prey. You just recognize they are of lower social class to you. While this may lead to negative feelings and treatments, it need not always. For instance : Reflect that during the Victorian Era, there were many of the Higher class that would attempt to rally for the Working class in order to try to make a difference in their social standings as well as way of life. Your Predator may be one of those, if so desired. The sky is the limit!

Q . Will species with wings be able to fly?
Birds will not have wings in this, and they wouldn't be functional anyway due to body weight and bone density issues...

Part of the reason some insect creatures are revered and thus work for The Monarch is due to the fact that their wings, if the species has them, do often show and may be trained to work, though none have sustained flight abilities. Brief hovering and gliding may be obtained, but only with diligent work.

Mythological creatures who have wings will each be different – Please see your GM for questions in regards to this.

Q . Who are the Historians, exactly, and what am I getting myself into signing up for one?
The Historians, at the core, have unlimited access to all of the files within The Monarch's library. They understand the history of the world from Pre-Animalia, may understand how to revert the world to how it once was, and also identify the species. At birth, a Historian is always present alongside the Doctors and Nurses, and identifies a child as Predator or Prey immediately.

Sometimes they might make mistakes, however... But was it accidental or intentional?

No one is quite sure of the motives of the Historians. Do they actually support The Monarch, or are they out for themselves? Many are uncertain, but most in this Fallen Europa aren't too keen on messing with them.

For further details regarding Historians, please PM your GM. She will be eager to divulge a LOT of information in regards to what Historians do, how they function, and so on. She will say this much up front : Working for the Monarch is a tier system of Historians. If applying for a position like that, please contact her.

Q . What is the Tier System for Historians in the Court of the Monarch? Who holds these positions?
There are seven “top” positions for Historians in the Court. These Historians are the most respected, you could say, and the most intimidating in the business. Not only do they attend regular Historian Meetings, but they conduct their own in private. These Historians also have access to the deepest files of the Monarch’s Library. Pretty much, if it should be known, they know it. Even though they are the Top Historians, they are not required to live out of the Court of the Monarch. Many to keep their ultimate job hidden from others choose not to. Only the Grand Historian is required to stay in the Monarch’s Halls.

At the top of the Tier is the Grand Historian, who works very closely with the Monarch themselves. The Grand Historian is rumoured as being one of the only in Europa to have seen the Monarch with their own eyes. Who knows if this is true?

The following is the list of Top Historians, if the spot is taken, and their job(s) :

Q . How many characters may I play?
Only as many as you can comfortably handle -- I would advise no more than 2 - 3. Please, be sure that for every Prey you create, one Predator is created if you have more than one character. In other words : Please do not apply to play 3 Prey without applying for one Predator or Between.

Q . What happened to the modern technology and why is it no longer in use?
The following bits would only be known by Historians and The Monarch -- Everyone else would be kept in the dark.

Society collapsed mostly due to an almost nuclear fallout situation. Unlike the worlds portrayed in popular post-apocalyptic games and movies, where the world is a barren dustbowl, the Earth herself managed to survive okay, but many pieces of key technology for humans was lost. Society, as a whole, had come to be so reliant on science and technology to power their daily lives that they all-but forgot how to exist without these luxuries in their lives. So when the fallout caused most of their technology to fail, humans panicked.

During the fallout, the combination of stagnant water and radioactive material created the disease that was released into the air, starting what was referred to as "a deformation" at the time (though now it has come to be accepted as the norm).

Humans still had their most basic technology, however, and it was decided that what they had left to work with most resembled that of the Victorian era -- For comfort and ability to survive, it was agreed upon to attempt to return to such a setting. There were enough luxuries there for humans to exist more comfortably than hiding in caves, hoping for the best, while requiring deceptively few advances in technology. The metal from the cities would be turned into ships, trains, railroads, and life would begin again, though "back in time", so to speak.

Pieces of forgotten and lost technology do sometimes emerge -- Mining expeditions, sea fishing, kids digging in the backyard... The pieces that are uncovered vary from metals that are unfamiliar, to wires that look strange, tiny devices with screens that no longer function but certainly don't belong, etc. Historians are often dispatched at first breath of such a finding, and the items disappear quickly into the Historians Archives, never to be seen again. Those that hold onto the "Forbidden Technology", as it were, are often brutally punished if found out. This has led to a rise in The Fallen's numbers.

Q . What is the situation with the other "nations" outside of the Monarch's Rule? How far does it extend?
Put in VERY BRIEF : The Monarch controls most of what was formerly Europe – Our game, in fact, is set primarily in a Fallen variant of the United Kingdom. What the Monarch does not control is contested through waged war. At current, attempts at expansion are being made. For lands that are not currently involved in war with the Monarch, they tend to be used as “farming” areas – be this for food or for pickups of Prey.

Think how Africa was used very heavily as a pickup of Servants, but wasn’t under any explicit control. That’s how they work.

Nations naturally resist : that is going to happen. The following section is a list of how each area is affected, and what the Monarch’s plans are.
All Seven Continents Detailed, plus more information. Bit lengthy of a read.

North America :
  • Canada and Alaska are under complete control – Canada was still, technically, a member of the crown as of the Fall, and was just kind of automatically swept up with the control. They are often forgotten unless the Monarch is lacking something better grown there. Alaska fell because the US could no longer keep up with what was going on up there.
  • The United States, as of this moment, are free and untouched, as is Mexico and Latin America. They are occasionally farmed for new Prey, but are resistant.

South America :
  • Currently completely without control from the Monarch. Area is used quite frequently for Prey and Servant hauls, however. Unlike their slightly more northern brothers, South America has a harder time defending against such intrusions, and Prey are usually taken and forced aboard ships for transport back to the Monarch.

Europe :
Nations not under the control of the Monarch : Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Austria and Russia.Of the nations not listed, all are under Universal control of the Monarch, not just heavily affected. Of those not ruled :
  • Portugal and Spain have been waging war to keep from falling.
  • Switzerland has, as per usual, taken a completely neutral stance. Those located here will not fight, however they will also not secede their lands. The Monarch is kind of okay with this.
  • Austria’s landmass also fights – This is an area that holds a wealth of knowledge that the Historians want and would be very useful for the Fallen. They know this and refuse to buckle.
  • Russia cannot be conquered. It serves as a safe-haven for Prey and Fallen, and Predators who do not mind the harsh life in the cold. The Monarch has tried on numerous occasions to take the land, however like dictators and tyrants before : has found the land to be harsh, unforgiving, and the winter to be brutal. At current, the Monarch wishes to stage another war for the land.

Asia :
  • Most all of the middle east is under influence, however is not heavily policed. Everything South to South-East of China is free and without control via the Monarch.
  • Parts of what was formerly China have since fallen, however in the higher elevations where it is, again, too cold there is a loose hold.
  • Japan is free. Their naval group is currently unmatched in the world. The Monarch’s own naval team is lacking. They also have a difficult time getting to a coast TO set up a navy to fight for the Japanese land, as Russia or portions of China they do not own would be prime.

Africa :
  • For the most part, this area is policed by the Monarch and used for farmlands. The grainery grows particularly well here, except for in the barren sections. This area is often favoured for sending prisoners of the state, when they are not sent to the tower in the Court.

Australia and Antarctica :
  • Australia is in much the same situation it once was : owned and governed by the Monarch, used heavily for sending prisoners to. Weird Predators and Prey tend to come from this place and, frankly, the Monarch is kind of creeped out by this area. When there are more prey located here that could kill in a single bite…well, even tyrants know when to butt out.
  • Antarctica is still uninhabited, and thus not controlled.
  • The islands located in this area are also not controlled (New Zealand, for instance). Again, insufficient naval units.

Recall : Though I may use nation names when listed here, the areas are dissolved from what they used to be. Only certain locations may still actually call themselves by the name they once were : Primarily, Russia does this. This may yield questions about what “nationality”, of sorts, our current group would call themselves… Frankly, I haven’t decided a name for what this landmass of work is referred to beyond Fallen Europa. So, I guess, you would all be calling yourselves Europeans. Not a lie, at least.

Austria may also complain, but only because that section has allowed a wider branch of people to learn, read, retain the language and customs of the area, etc. They are technically dissolved, but in their hearts they are united Austrians.

Q . I want to play the ruling head of another country in this game. How do I go about doing this?
Please PM and discuss this with me ahead of time. I do not have problems with this, however there is a LOT you will need to know as a potential player, and I need good, very strong players for roles such as this. You won't have an easy job, I promise you.

Q . What is our nationality?
Addressed in the section regarding how other Continents have been affected by the Monarch’s Rule. Put in Brief : If you live in the controlled area of Fallen Europa, you’re just European with no specific denomination. Only certain locations, as detailed above, call themselves by the name they used Before Animalia. Otherwise, who these people are have mostly been forgotten.

Languages are the same way, though Historians are encouraged to learn these “forgotten” or “dead” languages. Sometimes you can find a teacher of an old language – to know one is to earn a bit of prestige. It’s a bit funny to look at “French” as a “dead” language, but to this society it is. Servants and Slaves to those who know these dead languages might also pick up the language themselves.

You may play characters who have heavy influence from these regions, or even live in “The Former Country of Italy,” for instance. Their accent may sound Italian, but their words are English. They can work to learn their dead language, however. It isn’t impossible, just all about having the right connections.

Faustus

Reserving this post for anything I may require, but this thread is otherwise open! Feel free to slate interest, begin character creation, harass the GM or ask questions!

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the game!

Faustus

For potential players, I went ahead and posted my character's profile as an example for how you can do things. Clearly players are not expected to put so much into the application - this was pretty much a copy over from the old game.

Username : Faustus – GM of Predators versus Prey
Player Preferences : I have no preference, otherwise I doubt I would be a girl playing a boy~

Full Name : Addlai (Meaning : “My Ornament”) Murray (Meaning : “Sailor”) Keller
Age and Birthdate : 23, March 13th (Pisces)
Marital Status : Single, though his parents harass him.
Species : Standard Red Fox

Predator / Prey / Somewhere Between? : Predator
Occupation : Addlai is an Earl by birthright, however he works as a Historian for the society. He actually resides in the Top Seven, sitting pretty at position Three.
Sexuality : Bisexual with a strong leaning towards homosexual behaviour.

Height / Weight: 5’8”, 176 lbs
Body Type : He’s rather scrawny when you look at him, but he’s lithe beneathe it.
Hair : Red, and very, very long.
Eyes : Tawny green.
Distinguishing Features :
Addlai is a very effeminate looking man – obviously the type that hasn't done a bit of labour in his life and will never be fit to do so. His long red hair matches well with his vulpine ears that twitch, turn, and move like small radars to pick up every little sound. He enjoys petting them (and having them pet, but he wouldn't dare confess that) and having them brushed, and may even demand this from time to time from servants...just because another hand feels so nice. These ears are very sensitive to even the slightest of noises, and as such he tends to stray away from loud noises, as they injure his ears. Addlai wears glasses high on the bridge of his nose, though he often lets them slip and almost fall while he reads. He doesn’t particularly require these to see, but they assist in his reading – he just tends to leave them on, as it’s easier than having to find them again later.

His tail is his true source of pride : The long, bushy thing could be used to sweep the floor behind him with how long it trails out. He keeps it softer than the very hair on his head, and refuses to allow others to touch it. He has a bad habit of snapping and snarling at people over it, and throws absolute fits when it may be stepped on by the unsuspecting by-passer. It's also a pain to get caught in doorways, but that's another story all-together. He has been known to sometimes gather it into his arms, whether to merely hold it for comfort or to pet it, which does not aid in the impression that one is dealing with a nigh-on child. It is often swaying to and fro, sometimes twitching erratically, and other times almost wagging – like a domestic dog that is pleased to see their master came home from work. This often occurs when he is elated with something, or has received a gift. It may also swish and sway when he is animatedly speaking to another on a subject that interests him.

Addlai’s teeth are dangerously sharp to go with the rest of his body – The canines, in particular, are quite impressive and have little difficulty biting and ripping through something (though they have, on more than one occasion, come close to giving him a tongue piercing when he has bitten said organ). His amber eyes are set forward, constantly watching his surroundings for movement, and seem to nigh-on absorb the world they fixate upon. As for the rest of his form, Addlai has no fur to be seen. Whether this is because he maintains a clean body intentionally, or no fur has ever grown is unknown.
Optional Image(s) : 1 2 3 4 5

Personality :
Addlai is, first and foremost, an Earl and the Third Historian in Fallen Europa, and sees himself rather highly due to this. One could only wish that the bratty, snotty attitude he had developed due to his high-status and wealth would, at the very least, be balanced out by his looks – but no such luck. It isn’t that he is an unattractive child (completely the opposite : his parents genetics impressed themselves upon him rather well), it’s just that… He’s a prat, pure and simple, and he isn’t afraid to emphasize this. He often may throw small fits that seem to only place a spotlight on this less-than-desirable trait of his.

Despite looking down on others, he isn’t cruel by any stretch. Addlai is, at heart, quite the sweet gentleman. He likes the simple things of life : a good book, curled up by the fireplace, and preferably the richest wine to sip upon as he commits hours to knowledge and studies. He doesn’t often get this, however, usually bogged down by the burdens expected of him as both an Earl and a Historian. This is not to say that he doesn’t enjoy his job – On the contrary, Addlai adores his job more than most of the Historians. He just doesn’t fancy the parties and social gatherings that he is forced to attend due to his Earl status.

He’s a bit of a social recluse due to his preference in having books as his company, and it takes a bit to get the bratty-wallflower to come out and join the celebrations : Once he opens that mouth, though, you can be sure that he might have been better left in the corner. After all, who enjoys being told their opinion was incorrect and this is why all the time? He could really use a firm hand to guide him through this.

He is also quite dependent on those around him. Having been raised without much need to do thinking for himself, Addlai has come to depend on others.

Brief Biography :
Addlai Murray Keller has always been spoiled.

He was born into a rich family of well-thought Predators – In fact, his family had a long standing of being Predators. A Prey had never been born in their bloodline… Well. That survived to tell the tale, but that was a long, arduous, and gruesome tale that Addlai’s Uncle rarely spoke of. Besides, that was a cousin that had come along and…the family took care of itself, so to speak. Somehow, the Keller’s were never punished for the incident. Addlai, a future Historian, knows why they got away with it.

He had a normal childhood for a future Earl : He received whatever he wanted in unlimited amounts, was consistently told “we love you,” or “you’re so amazing, young Master” that he never considered this to be anything but the truth. He attended his institutions of higher learning with no particular goal in mind either – He already knew his future career, given to him by his wolf Father, Reinier : He would grow to become a Historian, despite being such a small Predator species with no drive or desire to pursue the career.

But hey, why not? Addlai saw being a Historian as an excuse to hoarde all the books he could ever ask for and never receive a single question over it. What more could he ask for?

Upon graduating (top of his class – money did wonders for those periods where boredom caught up with him and he simply chose not to do assignments because they were droll), Addlai was given access to his Father’s funds, an estate all his own (tended to by many servants that Addlai tends to leave well-much alone), and the keys to the Historian’s library. He now exists in this, with all the knowledge of the world at his fingertips and the snottiest attitude to never do anything with it.

Character On’s :  Addlai shares many of mine, so you can take a gander in my signature for the link. Secretly, he really wants a strong, powerful man to put him in his place just once. He’s also quite curious about what it would be like if a Prey decided to overpower him and have their way with him, but he wouldn’t dare tell anyone that.
Character Off’s : Again, I don’t think anything differs from the provided list.
Are you willing to allow your character to participate in Non-Consensual Activity? : I think I just signed him up for it above.
Are you willing to allow your character to have sexual interaction with those outside of their preferred sexuality? : Considering Addlai is bisexual… But, yes, I’m willing to allow sexual interaction with women for Addlai, though the (un?)lucky female might have to hold his hand through the entire process. He is a bit of a screw-up with the gentler sex.

Anything Else? :
Here’s an extensive section…

Foxes are naturally more attracted to movement – Often, an object that does not mood can be difficult for them to spot. As such, Addlai is easy to entertain by rapidly-moving objects, and he may have to squelch the urge to prepare for a pounce. He is, by all standards, still a young kit, after all. When threatened/afraid/nervous/or approaching a figure that has asserted dominance upon him, Addlai will begin to smile or grin uncontrollably – It’s a laughable look, really, as it is clearly not a true smile : more one that wavers and shakes. This too is a toss-back to a natural fox trait, wherin the fox in these same circumstances will actually begin to grin at its opponent. He may also have a perchance to communicate through whines, yips, and whimpers instead of using actual vocal words.

As for his family and other NPCs of note (all of whom may be requested at any time or picked up as playable characters)—
Name : Earl Reinier Louis Keller
Relationship to Addlai : Father
Species : Tundrawolf
Age and Height : 48, 6’3”

Appearance : Reinier is a tall, imposing sort of man who commands the room the minute he enters it – His ears are set high on his head, often set forward, and his piercing blue eyes – those matching his species of wolf – are often narrowed and watching : as if waiting for the opportune moment. His hair matches the fur of his ears, as well as the fur of his carefully groomed and tended to tail. It is often hidden from sight beneathe his clothes, however, as he does not take the same level of pride in it that his son does. His hands are large, as his paws would be, and his teeth are set to match. When they are bore at an opponent, they are quite the sight to behold.

Personality : This is not a particularly pleasant gentlemen by any degree. Reinier knows what he wants, when he wants it, and no questions asked – receives what he wants. He is willing to cut any throats needbe to get where he needs in life, and has no remorse for those he may step upon along the way. He tried to instill these same beliefs in his son, but Addlai seems to have inherited relatively little in comparison. He is ruthless in his beliefs – and these beliefs often coincide with the almost out-right extermination of the Prey. He looks down at them as the inferior species and will treat them as such, even being willing to dismiss certain rules in The Monarch’s Law.

Name : Countess Lara Lynn Keller
Relationship to Addlai : Mother
Species : Eurasian Wolf
Age and Height : 40, 5’6”

Appearance : Unlike her husband, Lara is built smaller, partially due to her species of wolf. She is lithe and lean, willowy and slim, but has the cunning look of a predator about her as well. Her eyes, matching her husbands, watch and stalk her prey, while her ears flick forward and back to pick up a full range of sound. Her ears, instead of a heavy base in the tawny colour, have taken on a reddish shade – some say she dyes her fur to match her ears. Lara will not confirm or deny this. Her own tail is shorter than her husband’s or her son’s, but like the audacity of her boy, she enjoys keeping it out for comfort. Her teeth are smaller than Reinier’s or Addlai’s, but dangerous nonetheless.

Personality : Lara has been raised in nobility since birth, and as such has the proper air of Predatory superiority that would be expected of Reinier’s wife – This is not to say, however, that she is a perfect mirror for her husband. She is witty and quick, intelligent to a fault…but closed mouthed. She does not speak up when her ideologies do not match with her husband’s : specifically, in regard to Prey. She does not see them as lesser creatures, only as those that have fallen lower on the chain, and wishes he would not be so harsh or cruel with them. She lacks the will to speak up, however. Both of these traits seem to be things inherited by Addlai from his Mother, for better or worse.

Name : Ambrosius
Relationship to Addlai : One of his Servants
Species : Sheepdog
Age and Height : 18, 5’5”

Appearance : Ambrosius seems to consistently have an expression set on his face as if he has done something wrong – or may be gearing up to do something wrong. The dog really means well… Mixed in all of that shaggy hair sits his ears, flop-eared and down, and occasionally he manages to lift them a little to appear inquisitive, but not much else. He does have a small, stubby tail, however it’s so small that it’s tucked away and hidden – no point with a stub, right? His hair, if Addlai doesn’t keep it groomed, will turn into an absolute mess as a tossback to his species as well.

Personality : This puppy is…something else. Ambrosius is a bit of a cowardly dog, usually preferring to hide back where the loud noises might not bother him, while trying to bark at it from afar. Addlai often refers to him as a “dense, useless sort of dog”, and that is a pretty apt description. He is curious to a fault, often sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong, and receives far too many admonishments from others due to this (and the messes he creates). He was a gag-gift from Reinier to his son when he had his own establishment – Something about “now you can deal with his messes”..?

Should it arise, or should other players not be interested in taking up higher mantle's in the Top Seven of the Historians, I will probably have Addlai's Father take up Position Two and begin with a plotline that I was using in the first run of this game.

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Faustus

Quote from: Starlequin on January 27, 2013, 06:48:50 PM
Hmm, this looks soo familiar...

Starlequin!! Come into my arms, my little bosom friend.  :-)

And of course it looks familiar~ I was debating who I might need to PM and ask about if they would be interested in this game again. I didn't know who was still on the forums anymore! I am so out of the loop...

ElCapitan

Starlequin

Quote from: Faustus on January 27, 2013, 07:54:44 PM
Starlequin!! Come into my arms, my little bosom friend.  :-)

And of course it looks familiar~ I was debating who I might need to PM and ask about if they would be interested in this game again. I didn't know who was still on the forums anymore! I am so out of the loop...
*plops down nexta Bosslady*

I think most of the OGers are still around; it shouldn't be too hard to whip up a good player set again (welcome back, ElCap!). :D

Faustus

Quote from: ElCapitan on January 27, 2013, 08:18:06 PM
I'll save you at least one PM.  Count me in.

Again.

ElCapitan!! You too must come to fair Faustus' arms! I still have the original profiles for all the old players, so if you want it I can send it off to you. You can retouch whatever you want, or scrap and start anew!

Quote from: Starlequin on January 27, 2013, 08:32:59 PM
*plops down nexta Bosslady*

I think most of the OGers are still around; it shouldn't be too hard to whip up a good player set again (welcome back, ElCap!). :D
I was hoping for that, while getting some fresh in here! I missed this game and the world I was working with.  .  .

ElCapitan

Quote from: Faustus on January 27, 2013, 08:35:00 PM
ElCapitan!! You too must come to fair Faustus' arms! I still have the original profiles for all the old players, so if you want it I can send it off to you. You can retouch whatever you want, or scrap and start anew!

Good to be back.  I've been waiting, crouched and ready to pounce.  Year long leg cramps are a bitch.

If you wouldn't mind sending good old 'tonio back my way, I'd appreciate.  For everyone else, send them all a PM.  If there's no response, then no worry.  We'll get new folks to fill in.

('sup Star)

Faustus

Quote from: ElCapitan on January 27, 2013, 08:54:39 PM
Good to be back.  I've been waiting, crouched and ready to pounce.  Year long leg cramps are a bitch.

If you wouldn't mind sending good old 'tonio back my way, I'd appreciate.  For everyone else, send them all a PM.  If there's no response, then no worry.  We'll get new folks to fill in.

('sup Star)

You got it! I'll just link you, since I am on my phone.

This should take you to him.

Starlequin

I dunno if I've still got Ashley's sheet in my files, but the poor dear has been positively aching to get back to his...work...

Faustus

Quote from: Starlequin on January 27, 2013, 09:08:32 PM
I dunno if I've still got Ashley's sheet in my files, but the poor dear has been positively aching to get back to his...work...

He's also in the file! You can click on the link in my above message and just scroll up. I'll keep all of those threads open and intact until this group is finalized.

Aerosol won't have his Tamish in this one, though.  :'( His mun is too busy being a manager of a business to come on Elliquiy anymore... *sigh*

ElCapitan

Quote from: Faustus on January 27, 2013, 08:59:35 PM
You got it! I'll just link you, since I am on my phone.

This should take you to him.

Thank you kindly.  Is it a straight reboot, assuming nothing from before happened?

And Star, Ashley's sheet is in that link as well.

MezzaNotte

Kind of feels like the first day of going to a new school. I thought I was done with that. xD

Anyways, I wanted to express an obscenely large amount of interest in being fresh meat, because this is perhaps one of the most well-thought out premises I've seen in a long time and I absolutely love the idea.

Um... yeah. That's about it, really.

Faustus

Quote from: ElCapitan on January 27, 2013, 09:25:57 PM
Thank you kindly.  Is it a straight reboot, assuming nothing from before happened?

And Star, Ashley's sheet is in that link as well.

Total straight reboot. Everything is fresh, new and shiny! If certain subplots that were beginning are chosen to be carried out again, we'll do that, just from square one.

Quote from: MezzaNotte on January 27, 2013, 09:37:49 PM
Kind of feels like the first day of going to a new school. I thought I was done with that. xD

Anyways, I wanted to express an obscenely large amount of interest in being fresh meat, because this is perhaps one of the most well-thought out premises I've seen in a long time and I absolutely love the idea.

Um... yeah. That's about it, really.
Uh oh, my teacher is showing through! XD

Thank you for your compliment! I wish I had the knowledge to create a wiki on this verse, because I could probably flesh it, but alas..

Anyway, I'm thrilled that you want to be fresh meat! I look forward to seeing your work, and do feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns or ideas you may have! I'm a friendly GM, I swear. Just ask my boys above!  ;)

ElCapitan

She lies.  I'd tell you to get out but it's already too late.

Strap in and enjoy the ride!

Also, by all means ask away.

Faustus

Quote from: ElCapitan on January 27, 2013, 09:57:59 PM
She lies.  I'd tell you to get out but it's already too late.

Strap in and enjoy the ride!

Also, by all means ask away.

*hands upon hips* ElCapitan, don't you tell stories of me... *pout*

ElCapitan

Quote from: Faustus on January 27, 2013, 10:02:38 PM
*hands upon hips* ElCapitan, don't you tell stories of me... *pout*

Only the ones that are true. Or funny with a side of exaggeration.

Archivist

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas

Hiraku kagi wa kitto kimi ni te no naka

Kokaine

*is considering reviving one of her previous characters to give this another go*
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Faustus

Quote from: Archivist on January 27, 2013, 11:32:24 PM
I'd be quite interested in this :)

Wonderful! If you have any questions or anything, don't be afraid to speak up! I will be as helpful as possible!

Quote from: Kokaine on January 28, 2013, 12:32:13 AM
*is considering reviving one of her previous characters to give this another go*

Why, hello there, Kokaine! If you chose to, we would love to have you! All of your ladies are still posted in the old thread - I posted the link a few messages up, but I can PM the coding to you, if you want, my dear.

Kokaine

I saw the link but neither Xavier nor Seraphina were in there. But its no matter, I've found both their sheets and am looking them over to see which I want to play and what (if any) changes I might make.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os