"Dracula: The Beginning": Freeform OPEN RECRUITMENT

Started by WhatLiesAbove, May 15, 2016, 11:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatLiesAbove

DRACULA: THE BEGINNING

Legends and stories are one thing. But I was there....there, the day that Prince Vlad destroyed the Turk Army. Watched in fascination and horror as he drank from his beloved, and became the creature that he swore never to become. Hey may have saved his people that day...but he doomed them to destruction as well.

In a fit a fury and despair, one born of a man with nothing left to lose, he recruited his fallen people, letting them taste of his blood, and making them one with him....one
like him! They say Vlad still lives. After destroying his own army, he still lives to this day, watching over the people....preying on them.

Welcome to Transylvania

This is just an interest check for now! The game would be loosely based on the movie "Dracula Untold", which I had the pleasure of watching recently. There will be two factions...human and vampires. Sounds unbalanced, eh? Well..they are more balanced than you think. After all, even vampires have weaknesses.

Humans will have their natural weaknesses...human strength, normal sight, hearing, speed, etc. Abilities will range anywhere from beggars to nobility. Most craftsmen will be NPC'd, unless someone asks to become one.

Vampires have things humans do not. Ability to fly (turning into bats). Super vision, exceptional hearing, super speed, and amazing strength. However, they do have weaknesses. A deathly allergy to silver (yes, it literally burns). Inability to be exposed to the sun. A need to feed on human blood. And a chance to become human again if you haven't fed within three days.

The premise of the story is this. Vlad Tepes killed off the Turkish Army, ending the threat to Transylvania. However, the people knew of his "affliction", and turned against him, seeing him as an abomination to the light. His resented him, outcast him, and made his son the Prince.

The leaders of the humans would be Vlad's son...now grown to a fine young man. Prince Ingeras has decreed that vampirism is unholy, having been raised after his parents death by the Church. With it's unholiness comes the decree that any found to be a vampire within the kingdom of Transylvania will summarily be put to death.

In the hills overlooking Transylvania, on Broken Tooth Mountain, is where Vlad resides. Few are the ones that come to him for varying reasons. And while their is truth that he killed off his vampire army after they destroyed the Turks, it is not the whole truth. A few loyal to him remained. They have made up his council, and help him in all mattters requiring the growth of the vampire population.

The stage is set...and with one side completely hating the other, war is imminent. In the end, it is up to the craftiest to decide who will win.

If this game shows interest, I'll be looking for a co-GM to help with it.

Rules will include the following:

• Nothing against the Laws of Elliquiy
  • All characters must be approved before being posted
  • Maximum of three characters per player
  • First come first serve with nobility on both sides
  • Vampires will not out-number humans, at least in the beginning. Probably ever
  • Everyone MUST have fun!

Character sheet is below!

[b]Name:[/b] (Insert name here)

[b]Race:[/b] (Vampire or Human)

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]History:[/b](paragraph form please. Be as detailed as possible)

[b]Character Goals:[/b] (bullet form)

[b]How you became a vampire:[/b](for vampire characters only!)

[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Player Limits:[/b](can be link toO/O page)

Logoff

I am interested! I love folk lore type of deals like Vampires, Werewolves and such! :)

Laughing Hyena

Well put together WLA. I do hope this gets a lot of interest and participation. ^_^

WhatLiesAbove

Chasseybaby

Hmmm... You have perked my muse I'll bookmark it and see what happens ^^

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

WhatLiesAbove

Vlexia

I am interested as well. I have also recently watched the movie and I loved it.

Few questions:

What will the vampire nobility be doing? As in their job?

Are all vampires that exist currently with Vlad in the mountain? Or are their a few stragglers around in the human populace?

Could there be a future plot proposal of humans dabbling in witchcraft in an effort to fight the vampires and thus the accidental creation of the werewolf occurs? Since we are talking about the beginning, or origins, of something, I was wondering if that was a possibility.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Vlexia on May 16, 2016, 04:34:54 PM
I am interested as well. I have also recently watched the movie and I loved it.

Few questions:

What will the vampire nobility be doing? As in their job?

Are all vampires that exist currently with Vlad in the mountain? Or are their a few stragglers around in the human populace?

Could there be a future plot proposal of humans dabbling in witchcraft in an effort to fight the vampires and thus the accidental creation of the werewolf occurs? Since we are talking about the beginning, or origins, of something, I was wondering if that was a possibility.

The nobility help to run the vampire coven. Similar to the small council for game of thrones. One in charge of the military aspect, one as a second in command when Vlad is gone, one handling finances (gold, not silver).

All are with Vlad. Some may make an attempt, but they could get found out...they can't go out during the day, after all.

I'm open to the proposal, but unsure about it right now. I'd have to see if there is enough players to make it first.

Vlexia

Alright cool, I'm thinking of a human noble's youngest daughter who hates vampires because they....turned their her mother? Something like that perhaps.

Maybe she hunts them. Not sure, I'll think more of the character as I create the CS

WhatLiesAbove

Wonderful!

And hunters of vampires are always welcome!

Florence

I might be interested, though I haven't watched the movie. I might give it a watch some time, though I'd heard mixed things about it. It sounds entertaining, though, if not particularly historically accurate. But... then again, its a movie about a vampire, so I don't think historical accuracy was particularly high up on my list of expectations.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Vlexia

Quote from: Florence on May 17, 2016, 02:33:39 AM
I might be interested, though I haven't watched the movie. I might give it a watch some time, though I'd heard mixed things about it. It sounds entertaining, though, if not particularly historically accurate. But... then again, its a movie about a vampire, so I don't think historical accuracy was particularly high up on my list of expectations.

It's accurate in that Vlad the Impaler is who Dracula is based on since his Father was involved with the House of Dracul, a sect of Christianity. The movies shows him fighting the Turks, which all happened, and winning for a short time. It, of course, diverges from the truth when he becomes a vampire to finish the campaign and ultimately win.

Best scene in the movie is when another vampire challenges him and he says "Do you forget who I am?" And he impales him on the wooden stake, lifting him up just as he did to his human enemies before.

It's a sexy movie, and I think they are making a sequel.

Florence

This kind of makes me wish they'd make a Castlevania movie...

But... y'know... Konami is Konami, so if that ever did happen, it would probably be garbage...

Edit: "In August 2015, film producer Adi Shankar mentioned that he will produce an animated mini-series based on Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.[128] Fred Seibert will also serve as an executive producer."

... huh.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

WhatLiesAbove

For the record...you DO NOT have to have seen the movie to play.

And yes, Vlexia, that wins as all time most bad-ass scene in the movie

WhatLiesAbove

Shameless bump. I'll be putting up the character sheet for Vlad up soon.

Florence

Watched the movie and loved it! I'll see if I can think up something for this rp.

DizzyIsabella

I have been waiting to be able to play a sexy-vampire-lady.

Count me in if this takes off!
Do Not Go Gentle

WhatLiesAbove

Sounds great, Dizzy!

Send in a character sheet, I'll keep you updated!

CurvyKitten

BAH faceclaims are being ebil....~continues her search~

DizzyIsabella

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on May 19, 2016, 02:06:46 PM
Sounds great, Dizzy!

Send in a character sheet, I'll keep you updated!

What kind of nobility is left?

Just curious!
Do Not Go Gentle

WhatLiesAbove

Nobody has claimed any nobility yet, so if you want it, it's totes yours O8)

DizzyIsabella

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on May 19, 2016, 02:14:25 PM
Nobody has claimed any nobility yet, so if you want it, it's totes yours O8)

Yasssssss. Maybe I'll do vampire princess?
Do Not Go Gentle

WhatLiesAbove

You mean like a family member of Vlad?

Because he only has one son, who currently sits on the human throne.