What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: CaringGuy on November 24, 2010, 08:19:28 PM
You gain different powers to use in certain sections, but it isn't like in past Kirby games where you get the powers from the enemies you suck up.  There's actually no 'suck' ability at all, but it makes considering the game's setting.

So what you're saying is...He blows instead?

*rimshot*

Sabby

Quote from: Tiaan on November 24, 2010, 07:11:14 PMI haven't met anyone who enjoyed Heavenly Sword as much as I did so I wonder what other people, who perhaps didn't have such high expectations, thought of Enslaved?

It screams of being rushed. Gameplay felt unfinished and far too easy, but the graphics were nice, the level design was beautiful (hell, I'll go as far as to say hauntingly beautiful in some areas) and the writing was quite good, even though it had almost nothing to do with the source material.

It did shine in a few areas, one of scenarios, like saving Trip from the Dog Mech.

Inkidu

Heavenly Sword kind of got labeled as a T-rated God of War clone with a female protagonist. I wouldn't know really because I don't and won't own a PS3 ever but that's what I read about it. Gamers are so weird.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Tiaan

Yea I hear a lot of people saying that heavenly sword is a god of war clone. In terms of gameplay they are of course very similar but so are so many other games. The heavenly sword story is very engaging, cutscenes were animated and voiced beautifully and despite being similar to god of war it still had its own quirks and unique points combat wise.

Wolfy

I say more games should include a weapon that let's you go into First person mode for it (Or third person) whenever you fire it, and let you guide it into your enemy in slow motion. There's nothing quite like guiding an arrow into some guy's crotch. :D

Lyell

Quote from: Inkidu on November 21, 2010, 10:00:14 PM
I think it's more realistic. Sure I have to thumb down to the d-pad to change my weapon but what soldier on the planet can instantly pull out his pistol without dropping his rifle? None I know of.

You probably don't know a lot of them then. No soldier is trained to ever drop their rifle and a marine would probably look at you as though you just insulted his/her mother for suggesting it.

Soldiers ARE trained however to maintain their off-hand grip and draw/fire their pistol with their main hand, unless the rifle is slung. I've done it with an AR-15 and a G-22.

Anyone with the correct muscle memory can perform this action in nearly a blink. True, not instantaneous, but pretty damn fast.

It's funny that you should mention thumbstick sensitivity, since most FPS pc shooters have similar preference settings. I COULD jack them up high enough to spin me around three times with just a twitch of the mouse, but that'd be rather silly.

Nothing is idiot proof. Nature WILL build a better idiot.

Consoles are pricey when they first come out and generally drop in price as time goes on. The technology is improved upon and made more efficiently, making the parts cheaper but the technology is typically the same for the life of the console. A PC can be upgraded to the latest tech for about the same price as a console fresh from the development line, or you could spend a little more and get hardware that will last longer than 2 years, or wait a little while and buy the same parts for cheaper.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Wolfy

I dunno..Death seems pretty idiot proof...I don't think there's been anyone so stupid that they lived forever. O-o

Lyell

Quote from: Wolfy on November 27, 2010, 12:53:17 AM
I dunno..Death seems pretty idiot proof...I don't think there's been anyone so stupid that they lived forever. O-o

Well of course not. Death is a consequence of stupid. If a stupid gazelle wandered into a lion's den and didn't get eaten he'd go on to have stupid gazelle babies.

Disclaimer: Note the 'a' does not indicate only, nor does this statement restrict death to stupid.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Inkidu

Quote from: Lyell on November 27, 2010, 12:59:20 AM
Well of course not. Death is a consequence of stupid. If a stupid gazelle wandered into a lion's den and didn't get eaten he'd go on to have stupid gazelle babies.
Death is not a consequence of stupid; death is a consequence of life.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hunter

No one gets out of life alive.

Lyell

Disclaimer: Note the 'a' does not indicate only, nor does this statement restrict death to stupid.

Inkidu

Anyone got any games they're not going to play?

Lyell

Cross Edge. Package looked great, contents unnecessarily overly complex.

Paradox

Quote from: Inkidu on November 27, 2010, 07:49:56 PM
Anyone got any games they're not going to play?

Yoshi's Story for N64.

I don't even play video games anymore, but I ever went back to doing so, I would never again pick up that overly-cutesy annoying piece of colorful shit.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

ausyandy

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit......... Played for half an hour and will never play it again.

Skylit

The Fatal Frame Series.. But not because I didn't like the games..  :'(
_-~-No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings..-~-_

Paradox

Quote from: Skylit on November 28, 2010, 11:26:38 AM
The Fatal Frame Series.. But not because I didn't like the games..  :'(

Then why not?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Wolfy

Shjade

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

God that game is terrible.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Skylit

Quote from: Wolfy on November 28, 2010, 09:18:45 PM
Too Scary?

Hit it right on the nail..

The third one wasn't too bad.
The first and second though? *Shivers*
_-~-No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings..-~-_

Envious

Heaven Sent Blossom

Heavenly Sword plays like a game developed by people with only the vaguest understanding of what makes a good brawler. Which is hilarious when you consider that those same simpletons have been given the new Devil May Cry game. Here's to hoping they actually learn how to, you know, code.

Enslaved isn't a brawler, it's an adventure game bitten by the mindset that you MUST have combat to engage the modern gamer rather than simply having the environment be the enemy that needs to be overcome. Anybody who went in expecting a brawler or any semblance of combat depth was always going to be disappointed, however I think the marketing of the game is as much to blame as the individual for such an error.
In the end it plays like a weird love child of God of War, Prince of Persia and Uncharted without ever quite reaching the high points of any of those games in the areas where it borrows from them. Still a good game and worth the investment of time it takes to see it through though.

Things that have been added to my ever growing "never playing this again" list are Resistance: Fall of Man (I'm going to hunt down the guy who told me this was a good game and kick him in the gentleman's biscuit.) for just being a generally dreary little FPS with an interesting concept that was executed poorly, and also I'm unlikely to play EA's MMA game ever since the new patch they released nerfed my beloved ground game seemingly.

Inkidu

Quote from: Envious on November 30, 2010, 12:07:15 PM
Final Fantasy 13.
Details, I must have them. I have taken it upon myself to awaken every Final Fantasy Fanboy to the realization that not everything Square-Enix produces is golden.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on November 30, 2010, 08:27:57 PM
Details, I must have them. I have taken it upon myself to awaken every Final Fantasy Fanboy to the realization that not everything Square-Enix produces is golden.

It's an MMO, like FF11.  Nuff said.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hunter