An empire, torn asunder. (High Fantasy, Magic, M4group)

Started by MiscMrE, September 01, 2015, 07:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiscMrE

"Is that it?"

The words were more so that he could hear something aside from the rain than for anyone else, not that there was anyone else close enough to hear him. The bundled form raised an arm, and the back of his jacket's damp sleeve brushed the hair off his face. Eyes were bright as lightning touched the sky, illuminating the building before him.

"Yup, that's it." His hand dropped to his waist as angled his horse more towards the stables connected to the inn, feeling the comforting pommel of his saber through the long riding jacket. Eyes closed for just a moment and the mare kept walking, guided by his knees and a bond that had lasted almost the horse's entire life.

"Almost done, and I promise, you are going to get the royal treatment. A good brushing, oats, and perhaps a few days before we have to go anywhere else." His other hand caressed the mane of his horse as he spoke, and a smile was on his lips. "I know I'm ready to take a bit of a break. Riding in this weather is just... ugh."

The wide doors to the stable were half closed, but the light within suggested that a hand was still waiting. Riding through, he blinked a few times before locating the youth, deeper within one of the stalls brushing out another horse. As he waited for the hand to notice, he slid from the saddle, his hard riding boots hitting almost simultaneously on the packed ground. The boy turned his head from the horse at the sound, coupled with that of the coins jingling in the pouch that was drawn from his jacket. "Treat her well, you'll get a half piece extra a day." The pouch was placed on the work bench, and nodding his covered head, he turned back out into the rain to approach the inn doors.

Pausing outside briefly, the rider inhaled deeply, letting the scent of ale and meat touch his nose, filling his body with an imagined warmth, one that would be met soon with reality. Doffing his wide brimmed hat beneath an arm, fingers pulled his shoulder length hair back quickly and he walked into the room.

As the light caught his form, one or two eyes across the common room might have widened. His calf length riding jacket was open revealing crossed belts holding the leather wrapped grip of a cavalryman's saber hung at his right hip, and a polished grip of a pistol on his left, it's butt bearing a crest that gleamed in the light. A slender chest was covered by a thin, white shirt that showed signs of wear, including a dry, red patch around a hole revealing a fresh and clean appearing bandage. High quality riding trousers covered his legs, capped by intricately worked boots.

Piercing blue eyes scanned the room as he coughed lightly, and a well hidden wince ran through his body while he walked to the bar counter and leaned against it.

"I've paid your boy for my horse." He nodded to the barkeep as he spoke, his voice just loud enough to be heard over the crowd by those nearest. "I'll need a bottle of your strongest, a room, a medic, and a runner to the Imperial outpost. Have him tell the watch captain the following. Verbatim." There is a breath and then the man speaks again. "The Word has been lost. Caer Tra'lean has fallen."

OOC ok, quick background in my head. This is a small, 'outpost' style village/town. It's at the edge of the Empire (we can come up with some nifty name for it later). The Empire has stood for a couple of hundred years, with big wars every few decades against other locals. Caer Tra'lean is/was one of the large regional capitol of the Empire, appropriately enough the one that this town is under. A hard ride would put it about a week away. The Word was a person, basically the step between the religious equivalent of the pope and a cardinal, typically becoming the leader of the faith when the current leader passes. To the best of everyone's knowledge there is no current war in this area. Tech wise this would be a late medieval/early Renaissance world... gunpowder is out there, but not common. To many it is the equivalent of magic... which, btw, is present, very rare, and controlled by the church in the Empire.

I would like to create this world in detail as we write.

After I have been approved, I do not object to this being moved to adults, but I don't see it starting that way. Depending on how things unfold, it could become adult related to violence (I don't object to graphic violence, if done for story) or for sex (the same). Sex and violence for the sake of sex and violence... not so much a big thing for me. If there are players interested in both a clean and dirty version, I have no problem running it on each side of the board. Initially, I would like to find a 1-3 people to start with, expanding the group as things begin to flow smoothly.

MiscMrE

And since unapproved people can't get private messages, simply respond here if you are interested. Once I get 2 or 3, I'll move it to the normal threads.

Vill

MiscMrE

Sadly no. I'll re post once I've gotten to know a few more people here :)

Vill

MiscMrE

It's actually approved. Now to go ahead and earn some chops here so people see I can write and am not a fly by night person here. This was kind of a big start for a first post.

Vill

Let me know if you end up reposting this game in the Group ad forum. I'd be interested to see what comes of it: a good fantasy game would not go amiss.

MiscMrE

Will do, and I will report in time. That much I'm sure. Just a matter of when.

bluemoon

I would be interested in something like this in a non sexual way, for a small group of around 3 players (I find large group RPs quickly become over or underwhelming to me, mostly due to lack of connection, or too many disappearing). Sadly I cannot promise how much time could be dedicated to it, but while reading it I imagined playing a type of magic user who hid her magic by pretending to be a tarot reader.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Vill

Theo

I'm interested in this. I have a blacksmith character I've wanted to try for a while now, and this looks like it might be a nice home for him :)
Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure.

On and off

MisoThe Mouse

I'm interested in this. I got a character in mind, alchemist /criminal type renegade. Let me know the type of world it is so I can put on the finishing touches. Totally interested