Sex, Plotting and Betrayals inside the Castle (Medieval RP)

Started by elfguy, July 26, 2013, 12:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180949.msg8653252#msg8653252
OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181045.0

Freeport is a very large port city, also the capital of the realm. Home to tens of thousands of people, it's a busy trade city and has a large castle in the middle, with medieval towers and walls. There lives a King or Queen, ruling over the realm, along with all sorts of other people. There are guards, diplomats, council members, trade guild leaders, and so on. Everyone plays a role in the castle, and everything goes behind closed doors.

For this RP I'm thinking of a medieval open world RP where most of the action would occur inside the castle. Everyone would play a role and we could each play our own little stories. There can be romances, plots, bribes, council meetings, etc. A bit like Game of Thrones but with OCs. We need at least one King or Queen, the rest you can select pretty much any role you want as long as it fits a medieval setting. I'm open for suggestions and comments.

Character sheet

Picture:

Name:

Role:

Bio:

Ons/Offs:
----

Pipaluk

What would the overarching plot be?

It's all well and good to have a setting and different sub-plots between different characters, but it's nice to have an overall plot. Tensions from another kingdom? An economic crisis, grain shortage, etc. Each character would have their own motives for wanting to get something to happen a certain way and would have little sub-plots to get them done.

I may be completely off in this, but my gut tells me that you're going to need a main story plot, not necessarily a big one, but something that ties all the characters together and gives them all something to work on.

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Beachlover

I'm definitely in on this as well, however I have the same questions as Piapaluk. Having an open world type setting is good, but even in most games and stories there is at least one overarching plotline to guide where we're going, was wondering what thoughts you had for that.

MadJackal

xPeachyPuff

I'm also interested, but like Pipaluk and Beachlover, I would like to hear more about an overall plot, if there is one.

- Rainbow ♥

doodasaurus

I could play!  I could even help make story arcs.  They're easy in castles.  Hotbeds of intrigue, they are!  ;D

elfguy

That's why I asked for comments, in case people have some ideas for a main plot. I'm thinking it could be an upcoming invasion from the barbarians, and deciding how to deal with it. Although whoever plays the Queen or King would most likely have the most pull on selecting a main story plot.

Go ahead and fill up character sheets, whoever picks a role first gets it!

----

eiselmann

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Pipaluk

Name: Evelyn Mackenzie

Role: Princess of Trissea and acting ambassador to the Freeport Realm.

Personality: Evelyn is patient and kind. She is intelligent and good at reading people. Though she likes to think the best of people, her father has taught her to understand that everyone has their own motives. She is reserved and very tactful in her speech. She is usually quiet and listens to other's, but when she does speak, she is clear and straight to the point. She can often be very funny and has a smile that will light up a room.

How she comes across: Innocent (both sexual and otherwise), elegant, and caring. Quiet, but gives very good council when she does speak. Those who are very perceptive will realize that she doesn't tell anyone much about herself.

History: Evelyn grew up to be an ambassador to the other realms of the world. Her father had her taught history, philosophy, rhetoric, and theories of war by the best tutors in his kingdom. She was smart, and learned quickly. She always sat on her father's council. She was usually quiet and spoke very rarely, but when she did speak, the other advisers to the king and the king himself realized how appropriate her advice was. The king was proud of his daughter and made her ambassador to the Freeport Realm when she was 22. She has served in that role for two years, keeping trade and relations going smoothly between our two people.

Relationships: She has never had a suitor, but she always had a secret crush on one of her father's bodyguard's sons growing up. They often played games together and he sometimes sat in on her tutoring sessions.

Ons:

• Sexual: Evelyn has no idea what she likes sexually. She knows she's attracted to strong men, the rough bodyguard types. But it's an attractive mostly just because she finds them "hot." (Note: Sexual on and offs are in my preferences thread and the characters would likely fall very similarly)
  • Non-Sexual: Evelyn loves good food and intelligent conversation. She likes games of all kinds. She is kind to children and loves to play with them. She could see herself as a nurse (in the misdeal sense--a nanny type) if she weren't already the princess.
Offs:

• Sexual: See player's On/Offs.
  • Non-Sexual: Evelyn hates pride and arrogance. She can't stand people who view themselves too highly. She doesn't like people who are mean to others, nor does she like people who don't listen to other people's ideas.

elfguy

Character sheet

Picture:

Name: Pamine Tigerclaw

Role: Royal Scout Captain

Bio: The Scouts Regiment is part of the Royal Militia and under direct control of the royal family. It is a small, discrete but very important group which keeps track of what goes on in the realm and outside, reporting any new information directly to the ruler of Freeport. Most scouts are very young, often in their teens, because they have to be very agile and able to blend into crowds, so they tend not to be veteran fighters, instead being trained with short blades and bows, to defend themselves and then disappear into the shadows. Their primary mission is to gather intelligence from a variety of sources.

Pamine grew up with the scouts. Her father was Scout Captain and he taught her everything there was to know. She joined the ranks early on and quickly proved herself an able informant. She became Scout Captain and is fiercely loyal to the royal family. She gained the trust and admiration of many in the court, although some distrust her, mostly those who have secrets they would rather not reach the royal ears.

Pamine is a disciplined individual who cares about duty above all else, but she's friendly and very approachable. She is well trained with both her long bow and short daggers, and when on duty dresses in a green outfit with some metal pieces for protection, but also one that allows her to be agile and blend into the forest. She spends a lot of time in the castle gathering reports from her scouts and giving advices to the regent.

Ons/Offs: Pamine is inexperienced sexually, having only had briefs encounters. She thinks that she enjoys kindness and gentleness, and certainly will respond best to those personalities, but deep down she craves something much more brutal.
----

MadJackal

Name: Catherine Ashley LionHeart II (name can change according to the King's name)

Role: Queen

Bio: Her physique exactly mirrors everything about her rank and personality. Catherine stands tall and proud like a Queen, her perfect venetian blond hair nicely brushed, falling on her back like thin golden strings. She is thin but very feminine, her impressive curves, ample hips and heavy bosom all hidden and sealed inside her large gold and red dress. Another thing conceiled from view by her dress is the dominatrix-styled leather vest she is wearing underneath. Despite looking all honorable, she is in fact a sex-addict who loves to get dominated and taken, sometimes even by more than one man at the time.

On : Rough sex, threesome, getting spanked, giving oral, and also non-consensual
Off : Dirty talking. She IS the Queen after all.

Sara Nilsson

im in! let me wake up and ill come up with soemthing

eiselmann

Picture: his appearance when on duty or in public
in private
Name: Anders Hessmann

Role:Queens Champion

Bio: When Anders was three years old his mother was killed by bandits , his father a successful trader and ship owner had no choice but to take the boy with him when he went to sea, when Anders was seven his father docked at a city far to the east, unfortunately he died of a disease of the blood the crew took the boat and sailed off leaving Anders in a strange land, he was kept alive by a benefactor and sent to a ,military school to learn a trade , even if that trade was simply 'target'

At the age of twenty two a ship from that Eastern city arrived in Freeport with Anders on board, he wore a dark clock over his form because the eastern people considered his pale skin offensive , he was being given as a gift to the Queen, with the boost that he had received the finest military training in the world , your former champion accepted that challenge , the fight lasted less than ten seconds your previous champion on his knees disarmed twice (sword and knife) and his helmet knocked off cut at the bindings

He has defended the Queens honour and her person several times , he is feared by many and rumour flies around him few guess at his true capabilities and none know that of the thousands of children sent to be taught the martial way in that far off land only three survived the training so when the Eastern Lords sent Anders back home with what many at first considered an idol boost was always stating a plain fact , he is the deadliest man in the land.

Anders had been queens champion from that day onwards. He is utterly devoted to her, he is not a man of many words but when he does speak its with a purpose and the wise listen.

Ons/Offs:
Sexual Ons :The Queen, he is in love with her. He would like to dominate her and make her share his body with other ladies as he feels the pull of taking other women as well as the Queen...he is infact a virgin

Non sexual : Quiet moments ,training his mind and body

Sexual Offs He has no interest in men and no concept of scat gore and vore nor would he wish to.

Non Sexual : Fools and those who have an overly high regard for themselves
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

elfguy

Looking good so far. I'd like a couple more, maybe diplomats and council members who may not agree completely with the royal family, or maybe Lords who may want to challenge the king. Just some ideas.
----

Sara Nilsson

was thinking a form of diplomat, can i make up my own country pretty much?

elfguy

----

Sara Nilsson

doodasaurus

Quote from: elfguy on July 27, 2013, 03:21:10 PM
Looking good so far. I'd like a couple more, maybe diplomats and council members who may not agree completely with the royal family, or maybe Lords who may want to challenge the king. Just some ideas.

I'm sick right now, but someday I'll be better, so I was thinking about a character. 

You said you want a lord to challenge the king?  I . . . would love to do that.  I was thinking about a character based off of Richard the Lionhearted, the lord of a great duchy, a fearless leader, valorous soldier, but with the idea in his head that he is the one who should be king.  Is this something that could be done?

elfguy

Sure, adding drama in the mix is always good to drive the story forward.
----

doodasaurus

Name: Octavian Lucius John Augustus the Navigator

Role: Duke of Ynysia

Bio: Octavian Lucius John Augustus was born in the fortress of Maegonstat, ancestral seat of the House of Balar, on the first day of spring.  He was the second son of his father, James VI, Duke of Ynysia.  His mother died in childbirth and his father never forgave him for it.

He was supposed to be his older brother's foil - someone for Julian to overcome, to make Julian look good.  Pretty much the exact opposite happened.  Octavian made Julian look very bad because Octavian was one of those people who did everything well.

As a child, Octavian organized the children of Maegonstat into brigades, equipped them with well-made wooden swords and cloth armor, built siege engines that threw leather balls instead of stones, marched them in formation and set them in battle against each other.  Julian took the greater part of the force as his own, claiming his right as heir to the proud House of Balar, but with half as many boys, and the smaller ones to boot, Octavian overcame his brother, time and again.

When they trained, Octavian learned faster, hit harder and with greater precision.  No one could remember a time when Julian won a wrestling match or footrace against his brother, younger by two years.  Octavian could ride a horse at a gallop and pick up a glove on the ground.  He broke his lance on his brother's breastplate nearly every time they stood the lists.  In Octavian's spare time, he played musical instruments and wrote excellent poetry, or discussed philosophy and law with learned men.

It wasn't even that Julian was bad at things.  It was merely that Octavian was better, even when he was younger.

Their father, James, found this situation intolerable.  So when Octavian was twenty, James sent his younger son to Drosnya, to chart the southern reaches of that far-off land.  It was considered a suicide mission.  The tribes to the north were bad enough, but to the south were cannibals and worse.  Expeditions to southern Drosyna did not, in general, return.

And since Octavian was gone for five years, it was assumed that Octavian would not return.  But he did.  He left with nine ships and returned with three, but their holds were filled with gold, silver, jewels, ivory, and he had all manner of prisoners, including a cannibal king with teeth filed to points, red hair and painted skin.  Octavian also had maps and a journal that described the political makeup of southern Drosyna for two thousand miles, what each kingdom produced, their principal cities, rivers, kings and endless observations.  It was a triumph.  Afterward, he was called Octavian the Navigator.

What happened next is open to endless controversy.  The official version is that, jealous of his brother, Julian tried to assassinate Octavian, who reversed the situation and killed his brother.  This so outraged his father that James tried to have Octavian executed, but the lords of Ynysia sided with Octavian over the insult, that Octavian should be executed for self-defense.  There was a battle in the castle and James escaped on a ship that was sunk not too far away from Maegonstat.

What is known for sure, though, is that there was a fight in the castle where James and Julian were both killed, leaving Octavian the sole legitimate claimant to the Duchy of Ynysia.  There were a few battles as loyalists tried to paint Octavian as a usurper, fratricide and patricide, but he proved himself as skilled in the field as at the helm of a ship - his victories were decisive.  He lead several charges, too, and after several flanking manuevers, he got a second nickname: the Deadly Ghost, due to his ability to have his cavalry appear out of seemingly nowhere, right where they will do the most damage.  With his personal wealth from his southern expedition, he bribed those who were on the fence with public works - with bridges, canals and other enhancements to their land.  Victory and largesse made him very popular and soon none disputed his claim.  By the time anyone else learned what had happened, it was a fiat accompli: Octavian was Duke of Ynysia with the support of both the people and the chiefs of the subordinate houses to Balar.

Now, as part of his feudal obligations, he has come to the capitol.  Many people see him as the worst thing to happen to the kingdom in generations - an obscenely wealthy Duke of Ynysia, skilled in all the arts of politics and war, popular with his people and lords who rose from a second son to a great duke in short order.  They worry that Octavian might crown himself king in Ynysia, or, worse, desire the whole damn kingdom, ruled from Maegonstat.

Ynysia

Ynysia is an archipelago in northern seas.  Maegonstat is on a peak that commands a harbor out of which whalers go on the primary island of Ynys, which has never known conquest.  When the kingdom was unified, Ynys swore fealty but with a great many conditions, prime among them that the Dukes of Ynysia would be regnant - they would owe a feudal obligation to the crown but the crown would not rule them, creating a nearly autonomous state inside the kingdom.  And everyone knows that the Ynysians wish to be free.

The economy of Ynysia is almost entirely nautical.  They make money from the sea - they render the blubber of whales for oil, they collect ambergris, they trade and they raid.  There are probably no greater explorers in the world and their ships trade with foreigners that no one else has ever seen, but are reputed to have red skin, and they deliver to the Ynysians great quantities of beaver pelts, sable and castorum.

This is the secret to their power - their control of northwestern passages to foreign lands that no one else knows about, where they have exclusive trade with the natives of these far-flung lands.  Other people have tried finding these lands across the sea - the Ynysians call them Drosyno, literally "over there" - but no one has ever returned that was not Ynysian.  (Occasionally, a defector captain of Ynysia will try to lead a foreign expedition, but to date they have all been destroyed by the Ynysians.  There is a fairly specific set of ways to get from Ynysia to Drosyno and all the ways are controlled by sea forts in difficult waters where foreign sailors would be at a massive disadvantage.)

Ynysia, itself, is a craggy island with several fertile valleys.  It produces all the grain it needs, and there seems endless wood for shipbuilding, and sufficient metals for their industry.  They are master shipbuilders and renown smiths.  They trade for everything else.  Their wealth is the sea, trade, raids and whaling.

Ons: He likes his lovers to be smart, able, fit, strong-willed and elegant.  In bed, he likes them to be aggressive, exciting and experienced.

Offs: He abhors stupidity, inability and weakness.  In bed, he dislikes passivity and lack of confidence.

Darkmoon

Name: Brade Black

Role: Chair of the Guild of Seafarers. Speaks on behalf of the sailors, sea-faring merchants, and free navies that dock in Freeport Harbor.

Bio:
From the remote land of Raythire, Brade Black spent his early years learning the fisherman trade under the guidance of his father, a successful captain of a merchant fleet of sword and tuna fishermen. When war came, being recruited to serve as a captain in an imperial Navy, Brade attained a certain degree of fame with his heroism and clever strategies on the high seas, leading to numerous successes and a rising status in the fleet. When peacetime came, Brade used his name and his experience to expand a growing commercial empire. Eventually he settled in Freeport as the base of his operations, overseeing both merchant fleets abroad and the local Guild of Seafareres, an organization of merchant captains which sought to profit from his expertise and wealth.

Brade has always been obsessed with greater pursuits, and his interest in the doings of the royal house of Freeport would be to gain greater position and access to more wealth and fame. That said, he has a reputation among some for being notoriously fickle with his allegiances. Worse, some claim he is responsible for some enemies having gone missing.

Brade's merchant wealth is not to be scoffed at, and the influence it buys is an asset to anyone willing to trust someone who shouldn't be trusted.

Ons/Offs:

Money
Powerful women
Fancy/wealthy women
Expensive garments
Power play
Domination/Control
Humiliating an enemy
Being manipulated by a beautiful woman
Hiring mercenaries to do his dirty work
Making bastard children/impregnation to spread his seed across the world
Exotic weaponry and goods
Valuable items, commodities, and treasure

elfguy

Alright I'll start the IC thread shortly, there's still time to join if you haven't already. We have a Queen, but no King, so unless someone plays the King then we'll have a Queen as regent.
----

doodasaurus

Worst case scenario is I could play a king!  If a king is vital to the game.

elfguy

Not unless our Queen really doesn't want to lead the kingdom!
----