What would you NEVER eat?

Started by PennySludt, February 20, 2016, 01:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

I'm wondering what is something you would NEVER eat, or something you've eaten but never would again?

For me, I don't think I could ever face eating tripe. Just...no....And maybe sweetmeats sweetbreads? too....and brains.....yeah, no....
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

ErisXfrost

I think i'll go with Penny on this one. xD

I don't think i'll be having tripe again, anytime soon.

Beguile's Mistress

I've smell tripe cooking.  That immediately turned on my abhorrence for it.  I would never knowingly eat organ meats of any kind.

Phantomhive

Trip. Haggis. Liver. Brains. I agree with everyone who spoke of offal it is only good enough to feed my dog and cat.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

The Dark Raven

Chitlins, and other assorted offal.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

AmberStarfire

Mushrooms, as and when they can be avoided.

Soya milk.

Black/blood pudding.

Tripe sounds kind of horrible, so yeah no thanks.

Mountain oysters also.

And real oysters.

Phantomhive

Fugu no matter how experienced the chef is I wouls NEVER run the gauntlet with death.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

Kakihara

Mushrooms.  It's as much a texture as a taste thing.  Just nope.

Insects.  Yeah, I scream like a little girl just having them near me, putting them in my mouth... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oreo

Okra, and papaya = slimefood, and waxfruit.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

shasha

HI I would never eat myself :) ok maybe if I am a week into starvation. then maybe
not sure what to put here, at the moment.

Nico

SmokingCamels

I can't eat mushrooms because I am allergic to them.  But... aside from stuff that isn't actually considered food (like brains) not counting, and sticking to the topic of actual food.  Anchovies and Sardines. 

But.  More than most things that end up on my list of, "I won't touch that crap, let alone put it in my mouth and swallow" is...

DRUM ROLL

Miracle Whip!   <--- Some of the grossest stuff I've ever tasted.

It must be Duke's.  If it isn't Duke's, then damnit, get some BBQ sauce or something.  If you absolutely have too, Hellman's is acceptable.  In an emergency.  But it's Duke's Mayo FTW.  Anyone who says otherwise is Blaspheming. 

Emphatic Enigma

If anyone gets mushrooms they don't want, feel free to pass them this way! I love mushrooms.

I would never eat something -alive- , I mean like, eating it while it's living and breathing. The very thought makes me shudder.
Raw meat / fish is also something I won't generally eat unless I'm in a situation where I feel I have to be very polite. ;p

Angelic Kitten

Anything that looks like a bug

>.<

ick.

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Stella

Mussels. I tried them, even though I don't take to any seafood. They weren't as awful as I thought they would be but I'll never eat them again. It might have something to do with the way we ate them - using their shells as chopsticks. *shudders*

SmokingCamels

That's interesting.  I've never actually eaten mussels, but having to slurp them from shells like oysters, eh.  Gross.  Even shells like chopsticks are gross in my head.

I could never go complete Vegan.  My species did not rise to the top of the food chain to not eat meat.

CottonKitty

Tiết canh - Vietnamese Blood Pudding

Bandit 600

I really cannot think up anything I would not try once, though having had mushrooms a few times, they are of the devil.

SapphireStar

Smelts: Just no.

Calamari: Tried it once, thought it was good till I was told what it was. Never ate it again.

Liver and Onions: Nope.

Odd flavored jellybeans. The ones JellyBelly puts out for Harry Potter like Earwax, Popcorn, etc. I like jellybeans but not ones that taste like earwax.

Eikichi

PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

RedRose

Was thinking bugs and that poisoned fish... fugu?
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

SapphireStar

Popcorn flavored ice cream. I like a lot of different flavored ice cream, but, yeah, no.

drummer2006jk

Mushrooms. The smell and the taste of them...it's just nasty. Especially cooked mushrooms as those almost always want to make me throw up.

Hominy: First time I saw it and didn't know what it was. My dad told me that it tasted like corn. Yeah I know that hominy is a corn product, but my eleven year old mind was screaming "That Is Not Corn!" when I first tasted hominy.

Chi

Jellied moos nose. Tried it at a pow-wow I went to with hubby. His cousin told me it was a delicacy and was delicious. Nasty, just nasty.
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~