VoluptuousVixen

Name: Dinah Lance
Alias: Black Canary
Race:white
Sex: Female

Orientation: Bi Sexual
Height: Five foot nine
Weight: 211 ibs

Personal Effects: Her Canary staff which splits itself into two when needed. Sonic devices to emit a high pitch frequency.

Personality: Warm and affectionate to those she cares about. She would kill to protect them if she needed to. Dinah always wanted a sibling but never got one. Her parent's while divorced still can be in the same room together for Holidays with her. Dinah has a filthy potty mouth on her and a anger problem she needs to keep in check she gets from her dad. As a Gotham born girl she knew she had to be tough, but Dinah never could focus on a subject long enough at school and dropped out of college during the first semester. Dinah is Bisexual and has enjoyed brief flings with men and women. She does one day long for a relationship and a family of her own but only after she`s made the world a safer place. She was sexually assaulted senior year at High School and has a cause to stop violence to women which started her off on her quest to obtain justice.

Brief: Mercenary, Hero, Vigilant, Agent of Argus, Trained by the League of Shadows.

Alignment: Hero: But she is willing to kill those who she deem can not be redeemed.

Role Play: Batman Verse (Free Form)

Backround: Raised by Quetin Lance a GCPD Cop and her mother Dinah Drake Lance a member of the DA`S office she had a happy childhood. Dinah always stood up for the underdogs at school and never fitted in with the popular kids. When she was 18 she was sexually assaulted by a jock on her prom night, her farther nearly beat the kid to death and got suspended from his job. But James Gordon saved his ass by saying the kid had every intention of killing Lance. This caused Dinah to go into counselling and go off the rails turning to drink to get over her ordeal.  Dinah was Nineteen years old when she first enlisted in the US Marines after dropping out of Colleague. Dinah was selected by John Lynch to form a government-run team meant to police Metahuman threats. That team would become known as Team 7. With Team 7, Dinah and Kurt were sent to first recruit the others. Once assembled, their first mission was to investigate the movement of a floating prison ship called "The Float" which had been over-run by its prisoners following exposure to a virus derived from the Black Diamond. Their mission would take them to Sentinel Island, where the Black Diamond was protected by the ghosts of all of those who died there. Unfortunately, they were not the only ones looking for the diamond. The Mission went south and Dinah was stranded on the Island, she was found weeks later by Nyssa Al Ghul and was trained into the League of Assassins where she became lovers with Nyssa. She adopted the name "Canary" in reference to a bird her farther had bought her as a child.

Two years later, Dinah saw a chance to leave the league and she did. Dinah returned to the states after faking her death and returned to Gotham where she found her parents had divorced but despite the danger she revealed her identity to them. She lives in the Old Gotham clocktower and has befriended a street kid named "Sin" who is like the little sister she always wanted. Inspired by the Batman and the Arrow of Star City Dinah has adopted the Black Canary persona as a way of fighting crime in the streets of Gotham. For the last few months before the EMP she was really building her name for herself in the underworld to be feared. She was aware of the Bat Family and was sure she would soon come under his radar.

Her greatest fear is the League of Assassins and a scorned Nyssa will find her and torture her by killing her friends and family.

Powers: Enhanced Vision, Enhanced Hearing, Enhanced strength, enhanced reflexes, enhanced speed. Peek of physical human fitness.

Batman4560

Were gonna keep this on hold until we get some more villains. At this point there are so many heroes that the villains won't last long.

Praxis

I'm fine with writing "rank and file" villains, minions, etc...

Keep people on their toes?

Batman4560

Rank and file isn't the issue. We just need more main villains.

Life in Color

Instead of what we talked about... I could maybe bring Talia in.

She could terrorist Black Canary.

It could be fun.

Batman4560

Talia is fine but I need you to contact me Via P.m. if you are planning on playing her. For Plot reasons.

Garuss Vakarian

Quotewere gonna keep this on hold until we get some more villains. At this point there are so many heroes that the villains won't last long.

Thats the beauty of a guy like slade. One moment he is helping to save the world from Brainiacs assimilation and the next he is fulfilling a dastardly plot. He may help on occasion, but for the most part his interests are his own. Be it obsessing over the destruction of some one that wronged him, or taking a profound interest in taking a bird in red tights under his figurative wing. (Robin :P )

Any way, Slade is a villain, but occasional good guy. And on the matter of lasting long, I would like to remind you he has in the comics taken out the entire Justice League only to be beaten by Arsenal, but only after Slade was already hurt and worn out. I have faith in his ability to be a destructive and difficult force of nature. :P

Edit: I am going to be a bit slow for the time being. My mom is home now from the hospital and needs taken care of. Any way, I will try and respond within the next couple days. But for the most part am going through a bit of a rut.

Batman4560

Matttheman89

Whoops. Wrong topic. >_<

Garuss Vakarian

Apygoose leave?   ???

Stupid me, I got that wrong. Jason Tod, as in Red hood is open. >_<

Batman4560

JamesSureWould

Oh sweet,  I love Tim Drake!
I'll try to have a character sheet up by tonight.

And,  ya know what,  I think I'll put up a Bane sheet aswell,  if that's allowed.

Life in Color

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 22, 2015, 08:47:16 AM

And,  ya know what,  I think I'll put up a Bane sheet aswell,  if that's allowed.

Bane, darling!

JamesSureWould

Alright, here are two character sheets! One for Tim Drake and one for Bane. If the background I came up with for either one messes with your plan, or with somebody elses', please let me know. I will gladly alter them

"Tim Drake"
Player Name: JamesSureWould
Character Name: Timothy Drake
Alias: Robin
Race: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Skills:
Martial Arts: Has trained with a variety of teachers, in a variety of styles, for a few years.  He is especially skilled with Staff-Fighting. Lady Shiva once said he was the best she had seen with that style.
Acrobatics: Has been rigorously training in the area for a few years now. Could compete in a gymnastics competition, and win depending on the level. More Skilled in ‘combat acrobatics’; moving through a dangerous area, avoiding gunfire and weaponry. So he’s more focused on practicality than on aesthetics.
Investigation: Often referred to as the most analytical of Batman's Associates. Bruce has said that, given enough time, Tim could surpass him in terms of detective skills. Is one of the few people to deduce the true identity of Batman.
Computer Skills: Moderately skilled when it comes to hacking, security, etc. Used to highly skilled, but let himself lapse due to to the strenuous training he underwent to become robin. Would still be capable of securing a position at any tech firm he wanted.

Personal Effects:
Collapsible staff: His personalized staff, able to to be collapsed with the press of a button. There are small holes at either end, which produce a disorienting whistle when the staff is swung at high speeds
Grappling gun
Throwing Disks
In-ear Radio
Suit: Made of a flexible composite of vinyl, silicone, leather, and spandex, it allows maximum flexibility while still affording protection. Certain key areas are reinforced with kevlar or other protective materials.
Other miscellaneous crime fighting tools: Think small bits of explosives, handcuffs, glass cutters. No ‘Bat-shark-repellent’

Personality:
Tim is cautious and  analytical. He will plan things out meticulously, always looking for the best way.
He’s a bit more serious than most people his age, though he has more optimism than most anyone would assume given his history and line of work.

He tries to believe the best in everyone, and will help people without giving a second thought.

Extra:

Backround:
Tim Drake, by all accounts, should not be a super hero. He came from a loving family, did well in school, wasn’t picked on or bullied, and seemed to be an over all bright nd well adjusted child. And yet… he always felt something missing. There was just a feeling he couldn’t shake. The stories he would read about Batman and his young sidekick Robin entranced him, making him feel slightly whole.

It was in his quest for more stories and information on Batman that pieces of a puzzle began to come together. Slowly, Tim realized that Batman could only be one of select few people. The cost of his equipment was so prohibitively expensive. His focus on Gotham meant he was likely a native, with a deep personal connection to the area. And little by little, Tim narrowed it down; each observation about Batman removing a person or two from the list. Some nights he would even go out,  on the look out for the dark knight in action. And he would take data from the encounters (Notes, videos, Photos) and use that to further eliminate suspects. Finally, all the pieces came together when Robin died. Batman was Bruce Wayne,and the recently deceased robin was Jason Todd.

And Tim saw how the death of his partner was affecting Bruce. He knew that, much as Gotham needed Batman, Batman needed Robin. So Tim Went to Wayne Manor and convinced Alfred of his intentions. The elder Butler agreed and trained with Tim while Bruce was out to get him into fighting shape.
His first time out, he wasn’t even close to prepared. But he managed to survive. And in that rush of adrenaline, that sense of life that came with his brush with death, the overwhelming joy that came with knowing he had saved someone’s life, Tim finally found the thing that made him feel whole.

It took some convincing, and a great deal more training, but Eventually Tim (with help from Alfred) managed to convince Bruce that he needed a Robin again and Tim was the best one for the job.

"Bane"

Player Name: JamesSureWould
Character Name: Bane
Alias: Ubu
Race: Hispanic
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Height: 6’8”
Weight: 350 lb
SKILLS:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Indomitable Will
Intimidation
Interrogation
Near Super Human Strength (Without Venom)
Super human Strength (With Venom)
Martial Arts
Weaponry
Stealth
Marksmanship
Genius Level Intellect
Polymath
Investigation
Multilingualism
Tactical Analysis
Escapology
Driving
Tracking

Personal Effects:
Guns. Money. A few vials of Venom, 'just in case'. Explosives.

Personality:
Serious. Dedicated. Passionate. Given a challenge, Bane will work himself past the bone to complete it. To him, the only reason not to follow your word is death.

Brief: Bane, Right hand of the Demon's Head
Extra:

Background:
Bane was born in a prison. A prison so secure it made Alcatraz look like a gingerbread house. That was what he called home. He studied, reading every book in the prison’s large library. He trained, fighting every day of his life against any inmate that would fight.
He was a peak specimen, at 15 putting every other man in the prison to shame (physically or mentally). For that reason, he was selected by the prison’s doctor for an experiment. The young man was injected with a new drug, something called Venom. Designed for soldiers, the government decided to test it on Prisoners first. And it was a glorious thing. It made him feel like a god among men; he was stronger and faster, capable of doing things no human should been able to.  Test after test showed that the positive effects, but he ignored the negative consequences; the drug clouded his mind, affected his judgement, and made his anger even greater. When Bane was told the experiment was to be halted, he exploded with rage. He killed the doctor, stealing all of his notes and the last remaining batch of Venom, and left. The prison walls were no match for him, the bullets of the guards offering no more pain than that of a mosquito bite.

And from there, Bane ran. He ran across the world, doing any job that would allow him the money to make more Venom. On the streets of Cairo, a man with a trimmed beard and a strange name came across Bane. He saw a shadow of the perfection Bane had, and decided to help the young man. Ra’s ah Ghul took the boy, not even 18 by that point, in and raised him, healing his dependence on the drug.

In gratitude, Bane swore allegiance to Ra’s, pledging to his master’s bidding even at the cost of his life. And now, after years of loyal service, his master has sent him to Gotham City.

Quote from: Alixandre on January 22, 2015, 09:14:54 AM
Bane, darling!

Talia dear. How are you?

Life in Color

There's a nice double-dip there.

Since I'm writing as Ivy and Talia (once I get her sheet up).

We are going to have some fun. ♡

Batman4560

Haven't looked at Bane yet but Tim's origin needs a bit of work. The biggest thing is that there hasn't been a Robin yet. Everyone is within their first year or so as a hero/Villain. Dick started as Nightwing so that might change the way you tell your origin story for him. Also can you explain how he has the gear you have listed without being Robin first?

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Batman4560 on January 22, 2015, 09:17:54 PM
Haven't looked at Bane yet but Tim's origin needs a bit of work. The biggest thing is that there hasn't been a Robin yet. Everyone is within their first year or so as a hero/Villain. Dick started as Nightwing so that might change the way you tell your origin story for him. Also can you explain how he has the gear you have listed without being Robin first?

Oh I did not see that this was a 'year one'  kinda deal.  (though with 'origins'  in the title,  maybe I should have asked about canon)

Hmm...  I think I can change a few things around to make it fit.  Make his equipment a bit more improvised, change around a few events in his backstory. 

I'll  pm you  a copy once I get it done. 

Batman4560