Sword Art Online - Freeform Sandbox Game [Recruiting]

Started by Heartsink, May 20, 2021, 09:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heartsink

Quote from: Envious on May 25, 2021, 12:16:27 AM
I have a few ideas for this  :-)

I'd be highly interested in collaborating with someone to create a character with a history of betrayal and theft where my character is doing the dirty deeds.

Oohhh a Lucky Seven guild member or?

Lynnette

Quote from: Heartsink on May 24, 2021, 06:44:35 PM

It's a nice concept. Would they be a high ranker, a middle level or someone who just started the game?

I figure probably in the high ranks now. I've started typing out a little just to get the idea solidified in my head, but at the moment I'm working with the concept of someone who accomplished financial independence (i.e. earning enough from investments to not have to work again), and alas has an excessive amount of time to waste spend on video games, among other things. A lot of details to figure out still, but a lot of it will probably have to wait until recruitment starts.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Envious

Quote from: Heartsink on May 25, 2021, 02:34:10 PM
Oohhh a Lucky Seven guild member or?

Potentially, yes! How easy is it for a character to respec?

PentheWonderful

Putting down interest! I don't have a character concept in mind yet, but would love to follow this through.

Also, question, is the game focusing solely on the virtual reality aspect or are we playing real-life stuff as well?
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Heartsink

Quote from: Envious on May 25, 2021, 09:59:01 PM
Potentially, yes! How easy is it for a character to respec?

Not easy but possible. I was thinking of a rare droppable special item that allows a player to respec. In the end that would mean rich people could afford to respec or lucky ones in the game.

Unless anyone has better ideas regarding respec or don't want it to be possible at all, let me know.

Quote from: PentheWonderful on May 26, 2021, 07:23:56 AMPutting down interest! I don't have a character concept in mind yet, but would love to follow this through.

Also, question, is the game focusing solely on the virtual reality aspect or are we playing real-life stuff as well?

Neat! And it does not focus solely on the virtual reality; IRL opportunities will be more than possible. Some guilds may favor keeping their top players in the same residence IRL so they can build better teamwork for Team PvP and the general pro scene, with living cost reductions as well if they live together. Moreover there are going to be monthly "SAO conventions" around the world for players to attend in person and meet other players in real life. This also doesn't stop friends within the game to meet up if they want to as well without an official event going on.

Heartsink

Having garnered enough interest, I am officially opening this game to Recruitment status!

Revelation

What traditional roles does the Brawler path for Pirates fulfill?

Heartsink

Quote from: Changingsaint on May 26, 2021, 01:01:12 PM
What traditional roles does the Brawler path for Pirates fulfill?

Damage dealer or scout

Chaosfox

Quote from: Heartsink on May 26, 2021, 12:15:54 PM
Having garnered enough interest, I am officially opening this game to Recruitment status!

SO do we the CS to you or post it here. I have some things filled out. Finally found some face  claims  so I can finish the rest. 
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Heartsink

Quote from: Chaosfox on May 26, 2021, 04:07:54 PM
SO do we the CS to you or post it here. I have some things filled out. Finally found some face  claims  so I can finish the rest.

Either post it here or send me the CS via PM 👍

Also if anyone's having trouble finding Face Claims, I can help out if needed

Lynnette

And there we go, a first draft! Everything is subject to change, and I'm still figuring out what guild and whatnot I'd want her to be in, and if there's any notable balance changes that need to be made. Nevertheless, have a read and let me know any thoughts ^^

Character sheet
Matari

USERNAME: Matari
A shortened version of Mata Hari, the stage name of Margaretha Geertruida Zelle, an alleged spy from the early 20th century. In desperation when trying to figure out a username, Matari's player was looking at old Eurovision entries and came upon the 1976-entry, which she pieced her name together from. In retrospect, she wishes she'd picked something else, though most players fortunately seem to assume she just picked something that sounded weebish.
CLASS: Warrior
JOB: White Knight
GUILD: What guild are they in? None?
PAIN ABSORBER: 30%
PRIVATE PARTS SETTINGS: 50%

WEAPONS: Matari's primary weapon is a big heavy mace due to its innate increased stun chance, hers in particular has a low bleed chance as well, though with the bleed chance based on luck it's more like a pleasant surprise than anything reliable.
ARMOR: Normally, she wears medium armor, mixed sets of leather and metal for a good mix of magic and physical defence. She does have full sets that go all in on one type of resistance, though she only uses them when absolutely necessary. She has a high level tower shield that occasionally gets used as well, though it limits her ability selection enough that it doesn't often get used.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: "Infuriating Perfume", one of the clear-items from floor 61. Worn as an accessory, it gives a low chance to taunt on non-taunting abilities. Only effective on monsters. Completely odourless, one can assume it's something only monsters would pick up on. Though, given the low stats (relatively speaking) and increased arsenal of abilities, she's been looking to change it to something with better defensive properties.
UNIQUE SKILL: Unbreakable Bastion: Creates a barrier that stacks on top of HP for herself and the player with the highest attack in her party. The barrier automatically refreshes every two and a half minutes. The size of the barrier is based on the recipient's base-attack power. If she is not currently in a party, the effect doubles, but only affects herself. The main role of the barrier is to allow the highest attacker to get in another attack or two before having to pull out, or to offload the healer somewhat. The barrier appears as "fake" HP that has to be removed before dealing proper damage to the target's HP. Pretty easily broken with good targeting.

LEVEL: 92

VIT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (10/10)
MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (2/10)
RES: ■■■■■■■■■■ (10/10)

STR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (5/10)
INT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (3/10)
DEX: ■■■■■■■■■■ (2/10)
LUK: ■■■■■■■■■■ (3/10)

STYLE OF PLAY: The name of the game is disruption. Matari's kit revolves heavily around crowd-control through taunts, stuns, and skill-resets. The taunts and stuns are primarily used for raiding purposes for obvious reasons, the skill-resets/cooldown increasing abilities in her kit are used to throw off ability-orders, mostly a nuisance for an experienced player but quickly detrimental to an unskilled player, or someone lacking enough raw DPS to outpace her refreshing barrier and high defensive stats.

The main "faults" in her playstyle are the lack of AOE and ally support abilities, as well as her moderate to low damage output. Her kit is intended to soak up damage first and foremost while protecting the main damage dealer, so targets immune to taunts reduce her usefulness considerably.

OTHER PLAYER INFO:
  • Given a lack of real-world obligations, any time is play-time. Though she tries to moderate her playtime, timezones have never been an issue for setting up parties and the likes for her.
  • Owner of one of the most extensive in-game wardrobes, particularly limited outfits and collaborations, including a few extremely rare dyes. She generally views it as a long-time investment... As well as an excuse to dress up in-game.
  • Pretty widely accused of being a pay-to-win player, which to some extent at least used to be true. Though she still spends her own money on cosmetics, she doesn't spend to gain any benefits anymore. Initially though, it wasn't a secret for long that she paid her fair share towards bigger guilds to take part in the initial parties for floor progression. She struggled with the aftereffects of it for a while when she stopped paying, though she fortunately crawled out of that hole and established some renown as a solid main tank.
  • Built towards being a tank because it seemed simple when she first started. Another player described the different main roles something like "As damage dealer, you have to constantly manage your cool downs and aggro. As a healer or buffer, the moment you fuck up your team wipes. As a tank you're a big sponge that just takes hits".

FACE CLAIM: Shirogane Noel of Hololive, cited as being 18 and change - https://virtualyoutuber.fandom.com/wiki/Shirogane_Noel

NAME: Amelie Rousseau
    HEIGHT: 5'5"
    WEIGHT: 125lbs
    HAIR COLOR: Red
    EYE COLOR: Brown
    CITIZENSHIP: French
    DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Just her ears.

FACE CLAIM: Cynthia Moore of Great Pretender, described as early/mid 40s. https://greatpretender.fandom.com/wiki/Cynthia_Moore

RESIDENCE: Belfort, France
    OCCUPATION: Retired. Used to be a stock- and currency-trader, but she pulled back once she had enough to live comfortably from returns.
    HOBBIES:
  • Cars - Fast or slow doesn't really matter to her, but she has an undeniable liking to quirky, uncommon or otherwise bizarre cars. Her favourite of the handful of cars under her name is a Ferrari FF, to which she loves the mix of "practicality" and sportiness. Besides the Ferrari, she has a Fiat Multipla that she "uses on days when she's feeling ugly to distract from it". The last notable entry on the list is a 1969 Nissan Skyline GTR that she's trying to get imported.
  • Bouldering - Though she's too much of a wimp to try it on actual rock faces, she's gotten pretty good at the typical climbing walls found at indoor parks. She started in her mid-20s when she was still dancing around the stock market to let go of some stress, and kept at it as a form of exercise.
  • Gardening - One of the things Amelie figured out after she retired and moved out to the countryside. While she initially didn't enjoy it, she eventually found a lot of satisfaction in transforming the garden from an overgrown mess to a beautiful place to be.
    DISLIKES:
  • Cooking - While she's not directly bad at it, Amelie never took the time to get good at it either, and finds herself eating out more often than not. She'd say the only dish she genuinely likes making is the token French breakfast - Coffee, a cigarette, and a feeling of superiority.
  • "Busy" people - The type of people who always have to do something at any given time. The type of person who can't sit down for five minutes for a cup of coffee or a book, she finds them really tiring to be around. She much prefers to take things slowly, and she's in the bin of people who think two people sitting in a room reading is considered doing something together.
  • "Asshole gamers" - No real nice way to put it. Amelie hadn't touched a video game for over ten years when Sword Art Online launched. Though she missed out on the beta test, she was drawn in by the cryptocurrency-aspect of it, finding it fascinating. Nevertheless, she was in way over her head and just figuring out the lingo was a headache on its own, made no easier by players preying on her inexperience. She finds it distasteful, all the more towards newer players.

SEXUALITY: Bisexual

PERSONALITY:
  • Hardworking - Despite the lofty goal of retiring early, Amelie worked until she could barely stand to pull it off.
  • Caring - She has a tendency to turn other people's issues into her own, and readily puts her own plans and goals on hold to help a close friend, or someone who needs a hand.
  • Self-confident - She carries herself like she has full control at any moment. In truth, it's more of a "I've overcome worse" type of drive.
  • Impatient - She's the type who'd leave after five minutes if someone is late to an appointment.
  • Defensive - She handles opposing opinions less than ideally, and more often than not she protects her standpoint even if she's wrong, usually takes a fair deal of arguing to get her to concede.
  • Vindictive - Not to an extreme extent, but she does feel a need to get back at someone rather than being the better man. Does occasionally involve excessive gloating.

BACKGROUND: Amelie grew up in a fairly well-off family in Lyon, France. Both of her parents were well-set in the higher echelons of society, but Amelie didn't think much of it - After all, she hardly saw them, so she took little interest in their work. Though she has felt more forgiving in later years, when she was younger she despised that they were always working or travelling, rather than spending time with her, doing homework together or whatnot like classmates would. Though she never outwardly stated it, she knew she didn't want to end up like they had, slaves to their own positions. It was first then she was nearing 18 that she announced she wouldn't go to college, and that she'd rather be sleeping on the street than take on an all-consuming, soul-sucking job. More than that though, she knew she wanted a family at some point, and that she wanted to be in a position of not having to work.

In the end, the stock market became her go-to. She didn't have a lot of money going into it, but she landed a few good hits, and it was off to the races. During an interview at a later point in her career, she openly stated that she "didn't really know what she was doing", and that she "went about it like Russian roulette with five rounds chambered". She won big and she lost big - Several times, the only thing that saved her from the street was paying rent in advance. But she persevered, taking the attitude that if she was already losing, cutting her losses would just feel sour, that if she was first going down she'd do so in a colossal blaze of glory, and that she'd might as well get a place in the record books as the biggest loser if she was first going to lose.

She went at it until the late 2010s, when cryptocurrency started to land on the common tongue. Though she'd treated it as a "probably failing, but I want to be there when it does" type of deal, she didn't go all in, but nevertheless she earned more than enough to quit, to which she did. Though she considered moving back to Lyon, she eventually settled on Belfort near the borders to Switzerland and Germany, wanting to live a humbler life on the countryside, hoping to find someone to settle down with.

At least the home she bought had a garage she could put the Ferrari in.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

TurtleInTheSheets

My body is ready

Character Sheet for EvieInk
EvieInk

USERNAME: EvieInk
JOB: Berserker
GUILD: Merciless Janitors
PAIN ABSORBER: 75% (highest pain level)
PRIVATE PARTS SETTINGS: 50% (some sexual sensation)

WEAPONS: Primary: Lv.78 Conqueror's Brush ( 'Yanyuedao' a Chinese Polearm)
                  Secondary: Lv. 70 Solar Flare (Spear)
ARMOR: Wrathful Dragon Armour Plate
OTHER EQUIPMENT: Stuff toy resembling her pet cat, 'Ink'
UNIQUE SKILL: Wrathful Fervour (Passive): Increases her attack speed per instance of damage received (Wrathful) or successful attack (Fervour).

[Buff lasts 5 seconds per instance (activation). Attack speed depreciates by 25% after 5 seconds of no new instance. Attack speed capped at 3 attacks per second. Normal Attack speed is 0.89 attacks per second. ]

LEVEL: 80

VIT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (8/10)
MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■(3/10)
RES: ■■■■■■■■■■ (3/10)

STR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (10/10)
INT: ■■■■■■■■■ (1/10)
DEX: ■■■■■■■■■■ (9/10)
LUK: ■■■■■■■■■ (1/10)

STYLE OF PLAY:

EvieInk prefers to function as a tank as it helps proc her unique skill, Wrathful Fervour . Her normal attacks dish out a damage in a frontal spray which allows her to essentially act as a wall in narrow dungeons. Unlike true tanks, she is more reliant to healers as she lacks life steal and has an 8/10 Vitality attribute allocation. Nevertheless, she aims to be a 'damage sponge' because it allows her to express her rage in a more productive manner. This is contrast to her usual stoic demeanor in real life. Due to her failed romantic relationship, she deals with her heartbreak using violent side sweeping cleaves, lightning fast thrusts and armour piercing stabs. In parties, she utilises the long reach and impact of polearms to effectively function as a secondary damage dealer whilst still remaining in close proximity of support units to protect them from enemy attacks.

She is ambivalent towards PVP and does not seek player to player combat unless her duty as a member of the Merciless Janitors requires of her. She is aware of her weakness against magic and long-ranged attacks (as it does not activate her unique skill as effectively as melee combat) so she tries to close the distance with her leaps. EvieInk prefers face-to-face combat due to her confrontational nature in her professional life. She takes personal offence to players who use stealth and non-confrontational combat because it reminds her of her ex's lack of a spine to talk to her about their relationship issues thus, leading to their 5 year long relationship to die.

OTHER PLAYER INFO:

Her timezone is UTC +08:00. She has been playing profusely ever since her company switched to 'work-from-home' due to the current COVID situation.

FACE CLAIM: Face claim is Leona from Grand Blue Fantasy. She is 27.

NAME: Xuan See Ong, Evelyn
HEIGHT: 158 cm
WEIGHT: 51 kg
HAIR COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: Brownish Black
CITIZENSHIP: Singapore
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Multiple ear piercings on her right-ear

FACE CLAIM: N/A
RESIDENCE: Singapore
HOBBIES: Gardening, Playing the Violin and playing with her cat, Ink
DISLIKES: Animal Abuse, Overtime and noisy crowds

SEXUALITY: Heterosexual

PERSONALITY: Focused, Team Player, helpful, Impatient, Overly emotional and loud-mouthed

BACKGROUND:
long sob story
Evelyn is a workaholic all her life. She was doing chores for spare change to buy frozen desserts when she was young. She provided tuition to grade-schoolers/ primary school students to buy books she wanted to read. She studied too much then, worked too much. She always had an end in mind, a goal. One goal was to get married by 27 and have a family by 28. It all came tumbling down when her boyfriend, of then 6 years, broke up with her on their anniversary date. He didn't even attend their dinner appointment. He texted her saying that he wasn't coming but, she only read his message 45 minutes into waiting. Even then, her reaction of shock and despair was delayed because she was too busy checking her schedule for the next day.

How they lasted 6 years? By a miracle. Her boyfriend told her that she had been absent in their relationship for so long that it felt like they were pen pals. This wasn't the case for her, she partitioned her life properly. Everything had a time and place. Even emotions. She thought things were fine. She assumed he was a coward that didn't want commitment. This is the only way she could cope. She had to hate him despite him being who she wanted to settle down with.

Devastated, she clung to her pet cat, Ink, while gorging and blasting sad break up songs in her room. Her brother, Darren, introduced her to Sword Art Online because he was unable to bear with her idiocy. He said that she could pour her anger into this virtual world wherein she can feel pain and inflict pain to her heart's content . She used the game as a coping mechanism and a distraction for what ailed her broken heart. Thus, she became EvieInk. 
[acronym=Turtle's Doodles and Other Stuff (SFW)][/acronym]
[acronym=Turtle's StoryTelling Cafe][/acronym]
[Acronym=On and Offs][/acronym][acronym=When There's Nothing Hard Under The Sheets (Updated 09/09/2018)][/acronym][acronym=Turtles reserves the rights to change posting rate without prior approval][/acronym]
||  Drawn by TurtleInTheSheets  || 

Chaosfox

Here you go, I may write out the background for the Player Character and may fine tune some things. It's late and I am tired and I wanted to get the main points of the character background and my  face claims up.
MidnightFox
MidnightFox

USERNAME:MidnightFox (Nick Names:The Masked Watcher, The Informant)
CLASS:Thief
JOB: Blade Lord
GUILD: None
PAIN ABSORBER: 75%

WEAPONS:Custom made katana is slightly lighter than most and double edged,custom made wakizashi shorter than most and double edged, Custom made Kunai  (Just an aesthetic change)
ARMOR:Usually wears light cloth armor with a leather shoulder guards and leather arm bracers.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: Mask of the Cat:Special drop item it is the only one MF kept to himself though there were others that did share the information for it. The Mask gives the person wearing it a +2 Luck and Dex

The Ward : This is not an item as much as a mark, it was from a limited quest available early. It has two affects
Passive: Gives a flat +5 to ac
Active: Gives the user brief Immunity to attacks and clears snares. It last for 8 seconds and has a 10 minute cool-down User may not attack or use skills while it is active.
Side note: It's rumored that  they plan to offer the quest again but not even the top informants can confirm this
UNIQUE SKILL: Reaping blade: For 5 minutes MF’s accuracy is increased bye 10% . Each time he hits he heals for 5% of the damage done.If he scores a critical it heals for 10% of the damage. Down sides he can only trigger the skill at 25% Health and it has a 15 Minute cool-down.

LEVEL: 99 
VIT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (4/10)
MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (5/10)

STR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (6/10)
INT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (1/10)
DEX: ■■■■■■■■■■ (8/10)
LUK: ■■■■■■■■■■ (8/10)

STYLE OF PLAY:MF is known to be something of a calculated player, he likes to dance around his open’t searching for openings and analyzing his opponent before attacking. He uses his mobility to his advantage and has been known to take down some of the top ranked pvp players in unranked practice duels with his wait and see approach.

Outside of pvp MF has been known to hunt both alone and with parties. He usually acts as a scout due to his in game knowledge and freely shares the best spots for people to hunt no matter their level. Though he belongs to no guild he has been known to team up with them when they need a scout and has been known to team up with the Merciless Janitors to help clear out PK’s. Rumor is he was once part of the guild early on but those who might know from informants, early guild members, and even MF  himself will not confirm the rumors of whether he was and what happened to cause him to leave. 

OTHER PLAYER INFO:

• Is top 50 pvp in his region but only top 100 globally.

• Can be found online at almost any time of the day or night, some people think he never leaves the game)  .

• Is considered to be one of the best Information sellers in the game. Is one of the few that has all the latest gossip on guilds and top players.

• Owns his own small player house on floor 44

• Though MF sells his information at a fair price it is still not cheap, however he has been known to waive fees for materials of an equal price.

• Is known to collect good’s for others to craft with. All the materials for his weapons he collected himself.

FACE CLAIM: Saizo Kirigakure samurai love ballad, Indexed as an adult via game play ( https://laura-woods.tumblr.com/post/178459811028/i-wondered-for-a-while-now-what-the-age-is-of-the )

NAME: Lucile Crawford
HEIGHT:5’6 (167cm)
WEIGHT: 135lbs (61kg)
HAIR COLOR:Blue-Purple
EYE COLOR:Same as Hair
CITIZENSHIP: United States
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: A Black Fox tattoo wrapped around her left arm.

FACE CLAIM: Moriko Morioka - No Game No Life, described as being 30 ( https://netoju.fandom.com/wiki/Moriko_Morioka )
RESIDENCE: Los Angeles, California
OCCUPATION: Information Seller on SAO, Professional gamer, Streamer, Graphic Artist (Dose stream art and designs emotes for streamers)

HOBBIES: Photography- Though she hardly gets out Lucile loves to take pictures though she hates how she looks in pictures so she rarely takes selfies or lets other take pictures of her.

Baking- Because she has a huge sweet tooth Lucile learned how to bake especially cookies.

Graphic Design- Lucile has always had a knack for the arts especially drawing. And though she is mostly self taught her years of working and honing her her skills in graphic Design has turned the youngish trans woman into a sought after graphic designer for streamers and even some web designers. 

DISLIKES: Player Killers - Ever since being the target of a very nasty group of player killers in her first MMO Lucile has loathed player killers and does not mind helping to purge them. In fact she can be a bit scary when hunting them.

Religion - Is basically a poster child for parents shoving religion down your throat when you did not want anything to do with it. 

Garlic - Quote from Lucille “The absolute worst flavor in the world I would rather drink vinegar then have garlic anywhere near my food”

SEXUALITY: Pansexule

PERSONALITY:
Laid Back - Though she can be serious about both the game and her professional pursuits. Lucile is quite laid back and seems to have a way of making even mundane task like mat hunting seem fun and relaxing.IN fact her laid back personality bamboozles  people she meets and do not understnad how she could be lvl 99 or hold such a high region and pvp ranking.

Focused - When people wast her work on a task or a quest people soon realize why she is a talented player. Though she is laid back She knows how to zero in and stay focused on a task when it is crunch time.However  some people who party with her find the laid back part of her personality to be a bit tiresome.

Friendly - Though she does pay solo quite a bit Lucile enjoys teaming up with other players. She has been known to not only help new players in learning how the game works but even watching over lower level players if they need items from areas that are being hunted by PK’s

Disorganized/Slob - This is not to say she has poor hygiene but more she is lazy about housework and her  computer desk is always in a state of what she calls organized chaos (This annoys her roommate to no end at times)  As for the game her inventory and bank are the same way and her clients she  gets materials for are surprised she never loses things in game.

Insecure - Though others do their best to build her up and she knows deep down she is both a talented artist and gamer. She at times downplays her own abilities. Part of this stems from personal past experiences.

Vindictive - Lucile can not stand people who are rude, bullies, and ass-faced elitists that steal mobs and therefore drops from people. And though she knows it is wrong she has a very bad habit of getting back at them. Usually in the form of digging up in game dirt they may want to keep out of the public eye. Needless to say she has been the spark to completely ruin at least one guild (Well they did it to themselves she just sold the information that got things started)

BACKGROUND:

• Was born and raised in the small town of Bauxite, Arkansas the son of a preacher and his wife and the youngest of three boys.
  • Moved to to L.A. with an aunt on her moms side at 16. It was a this time she started to take gaming seriously, She also struggled with being disowned. (Bye father)
  • Legally changed name to Lucile and took her aunt's maiden name as her last name at 18 as she started to transition.
  • Spent her time after High school honing her gaming skills and art skills, worked a few odd jobs till she started streaming full time at 23.
  • A year after she started streaming she moved in with a close friend who also streamed.
  • Two years after streaming took up the name MidnightFox because of the black silver fox Avatar she made to represent her channel. She now uses the same avatar in lieu of a face cam as well as a voice changing program.
  • Was one of the SAO Beta testers and was one of the ones to reach 30. When the game started in full she joined Merciless Janitors for a short while. She left due to differing opinions on the gathering of information and selling of it.

Heartsink

Quote from: Lynnette on May 26, 2021, 05:15:04 PM
And there we go, a first draft! Everything is subject to change, and I'm still figuring out what guild and whatnot I'd want her to be in, and if there's any notable balance changes that need to be made. Nevertheless, have a read and let me know any thoughts ^^

Character sheet
Matari

USERNAME: Matari
A shortened version of Mata Hari, the stage name of Margaretha Geertruida Zelle, an alleged spy from the early 20th century. In desperation when trying to figure out a username, Matari's player was looking at old Eurovision entries and came upon the 1976-entry, which she pieced her name together from. In retrospect, she wishes she'd picked something else, though most players fortunately seem to assume she just picked something that sounded weebish.
JOB: Paladin
GUILD: What guild are they in? None?
PAIN ABSORBER: 30%

WEAPONS: Matari's primary weapon is a big heavy mace due to its innate increased stun chance, hers in particular has a low bleed chance as well, though with the bleed chance based on luck it's more like a pleasant surprise than anything reliable.
ARMOR: Normally, she wears medium armor, mixed sets of leather and metal for a good mix of magic and physical defence. She does have full sets that go all in on one type of resistance, though she only uses them when absolutely necessary. She has a high level tower shield that occasionally gets used as well, though it limits her ability selection enough that it doesn't often get used.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: "Infuriating Perfume", one of the clear-items from floor 61. Worn as an accessory, it gives a low chance to taunt on non-taunting abilities. Only effective on monsters. Completely odourless, one can assume it's something only monsters would pick up on. Though, given the low stats (relatively speaking) and increased arsenal of abilities, she's been looking to change it to something with better defensive properties.
UNIQUE SKILL: Unbreakable Bastion: Creates a barrier that stacks on top of HP for herself and the player with the highest attack in her party. The barrier automatically refreshes every two and a half minutes. The size of the barrier is based on the recipient's base-attack power. If she is not currently in a party, the effect doubles, but only affects herself.

LEVEL: 92

VIT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (10/10)
MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (2/10)
RES: ■■■■■■■■■■ (10/10)

STR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (5/10)
INT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (3/10)
DEX: ■■■■■■■■■■ (2/10)
LUK: ■■■■■■■■■■ (3/10)

STYLE OF PLAY: The name of the game is disruption. Matari's kit revolves heavily around crowd-control through taunts, stuns, and skill-resets. The taunts and stuns are primarily used for raiding purposes for obvious reasons, the skill-resets/cooldown increasing abilities in her kit are used to throw off ability-orders, mostly a nuisance for an experienced player but quickly detrimental to an unskilled player, or someone lacking enough raw DPS to outpace her refreshing barrier and high defensive stats.

The main "faults" in her playstyle are the lack of AOE and ally support abilities, as well as her moderate to low damage output. Her kit is intended to soak up damage first and foremost while protecting the main damage dealer, so targets immune to taunts reduce her usefulness considerably.

OTHER PLAYER INFO:
  • Given a lack of real-world obligations, any time is play-time. Though she tries to moderate her playtime, timezones have never been an issue for setting up parties and the likes for her.
  • Owner of one of the most extensive in-game wardrobes, particularly limited outfits and collaborations, including a few extremely rare dyes. She generally views it as a long-time investment... As well as an excuse to dress up in-game.
  • Pretty widely accused of being a pay-to-win player, which to some extent at least used to be true. Though she still spends her own money on cosmetics, she doesn't spend to gain any benefits anymore. Initially though, it wasn't a secret for long that she paid her fair share towards bigger guilds to take part in the initial parties for floor progression. She struggled with the aftereffects of it for a while when she stopped paying, though she fortunately crawled out of that hole and established some renown as a solid main tank.
  • Built towards being a tank because it seemed simple when she first started. Another player described the different main roles something like "As damage dealer, you have to constantly manage your cool downs and aggro. As a healer or buffer, the moment you fuck up your team wipes. As a tank you're a big sponge that just takes hits".

FACE CLAIM: Shirogane Noel of Hololive, cited as being 18 and change - https://virtualyoutuber.fandom.com/wiki/Shirogane_Noel

NAME: Amelie Rousseau
    HEIGHT: 5'5"
    WEIGHT: Use imperial or metric
    HAIR COLOR: Blonde
    EYE COLOR: Blue
    CITIZENSHIP: French
    DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Tattoos? Piercings? Scars? etc.

FACE CLAIM: Cynthia Moore of Great Pretender, described as early/mid 40s. https://greatpretender.fandom.com/wiki/Cynthia_Moore

RESIDENCE: Belfort, France
    OCCUPATION: Retired. Used to be a stock- and currency-trader, but she pulled back once she had enough to live comfortably from returns.
    HOBBIES:
  • Cars - Fast or slow doesn't really matter to her, but she has an undeniable liking to quirky, uncommon or otherwise bizarre cars. Her favourite of the handful of cars under her name is a Ferrari FF, to which she loves the mix of "practicality" and sportiness. Besides the Ferrari, she has a Fiat Multipla that she "uses on days when she's feeling ugly to distract from it". The last notable entry on the list is a 1969 Nissan Skyline GTR that she's trying to get imported.
  • Bouldering - Though she's too much of a wimp to try it on actual rock faces, she's gotten pretty good at the typical climbing walls found at indoor parks. She started in her mid-20s when she was still dancing around the stock market to let go of some stress, and kept at it as a form of exercise.
  • Gardening - One of the things Amelie figured out after she retired and moved out to the countryside. While she initially didn't enjoy it, she eventually found a lot of satisfaction in transforming the garden from an overgrown mess to a beautiful place to be.
    DISLIKES:
  • Cooking - While she's not directly bad at it, Amelie never took the time to get good at it either, and finds herself eating out more often than not. She'd say the only dish she genuinely likes making is the token French breakfast - Coffee, a cigarette, and a feeling of superiority.
  • "Busy" people - The type of people who always have to do something at any given time. The type of person who can't sit down for five minutes for a cup of coffee or a book, she finds them really tiring to be around. She much prefers to take things slowly, and she's in the bin of people who think two people sitting in a room reading is considered doing something together.
  • "Asshole gamers" - No real nice way to put it. Amelie hadn't touched a video game for over ten years when Sword Art Online launched. Though she missed out on the beta test, she was drawn in by the cryptocurrency-aspect of it, finding it fascinating. Nevertheless, she was in way over her head and just figuring out the lingo was a headache on its own, made no easier by players preying on her inexperience. She finds it distasteful, all the more towards newer players.

SEXUALITY: Bisexual

PERSONALITY:
  • Hardworking - Despite the lofty goal of retiring early, Amelie worked until she could barely stand to pull it off.
  • Caring - She has a tendency to turn other people's issues into her own, and readily puts her own plans and goals on hold to help a close friend, or someone who needs a hand.
  • Self-confident - She carries herself like she has full control at any moment. In truth, it's more of a "I've overcome worse" type of drive.
  • Impatient - She's the type who'd leave after five minutes if someone is late to an appointment.
  • Defensive - She handles opposing opinions less than ideally, and more often than not she protects her standpoint even if she's wrong, usually takes a fair deal of arguing to get her to concede.
  • Vindictive - Not to an extreme extent, but she does feel a need to get back at someone rather than being the better man. Does occasionally involve excessive gloating.

BACKGROUND: Amelie grew up in a fairly well-off family in Lyon, France. Both of her parents were well-set in the higher echelons of society, but Amelie didn't think much of it - After all, she hardly saw them, so she took little interest in their work. Though she has felt more forgiving in later years, when she was younger she despised that they were always working or travelling, rather than spending time with her, doing homework together or whatnot like classmates would. Though she never outwardly stated it, she knew she didn't want to end up like they had, slaves to their own positions. It was first then she was nearing 18 that she announced she wouldn't go to college, and that she'd rather be sleeping on the street than take on an all-consuming, soul-sucking job. More than that though, she knew she wanted a family at some point, and that she wanted to be in a position of not having to work.

In the end, the stock market became her go-to. She didn't have a lot of money going into it, but she landed a few good hits, and it was off to the races. During an interview at a later point in her career, she openly stated that she "didn't really know what she was doing", and that she "went about it like Russian roulette with five rounds chambered". She won big and she lost big - Several times, the only thing that saved her from the street was paying rent in advance. But she persevered, taking the attitude that if she was already losing, cutting her losses would just feel sour, that if she was first going down she'd do so in a colossal blaze of glory, and that she'd might as well get a place in the record books as the biggest loser if she was first going to lose.

She went at it until the late 2010s, when cryptocurrency started to land on the common tongue. Though she'd treated it as a "probably failing, but I want to be there when it does" type of deal, she didn't go all in, but nevertheless she earned more than enough to quit, to which she did. Though she considered moving back to Lyon, she eventually settled on Belfort near the borders to Switzerland and Germany, wanting to live a humbler life on the countryside, hoping to find someone to settle down with.

At least the home she bought had a garage she could put the Ferrari in.

Overall, a great sheet; Amelie's weight is missing though and you can leave the guild blank for now, not a problem.

Before I can approve Matari, I just need some clarification on her unique ability: What is its downside? Its limits? I'm not quire sure I understand what it does also, like is it a physical barrier or since you mentioned "stacks on top of HP" is it a HP boost?

Heartsink

Quote from: TurtleInTheSheets on May 26, 2021, 05:31:08 PM

My body is ready

Character Sheet for EvieInk
EvieInk

USERNAME: EvieInk
JOB: Berserker
PAIN ABSORBER: 75% (highest pain level)

WEAPONS: Primary: Lv.78 Conqueror's Brush ( 'Yanyuedao' a Chinese Polearm)
                  Secondary: Lv. 70 Solar Flare (Spear)
ARMOR: Wrathful Dragon Armour Plate
OTHER EQUIPMENT: Stuff toy resembling her pet cat, 'Ink'
UNIQUE SKILL: Wrathful Fervour (Passive): Increases her attack speed per instance of damage received (Wrathful) or successful attack (Fervour).

[Buff lasts 5 seconds per instance (activation). Attack speed depreciates by 25% after 5 seconds of no new instance. Attack speed capped at 3 attacks per second. Normal Attack speed is 0.89 attacks per second. ]

LEVEL: 80

MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■(3/10)

STR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (10/10)
INT: ■■■■■■■■■ (1/10)
DEX: ■■■■■■■■■■ (9/10)

STYLE OF PLAY:

EvieInk prefers to function as a tank as it helps proc her unique skill, Wrathful Fervour . Her normal attacks dish out a damage in a frontal spray which allows her to essentially act as a wall in narrow dungeons. Unlike true tanks, she is more reliant to healers as she lacks life steal and has an 8/10 Vitality attribute allocation. Nevertheless, she aims to be a 'damage sponge' because it allows her to express her rage in a more productive manner. This is contrast to her usual stoic demeanor in real life. Due to her failed romantic relationship, she deals with her heartbreak using violent side sweeping cleaves, lightning fast thrusts and armour piercing stabs. In parties, she utilises the long reach and impact of polearms to effectively function as a secondary damage dealer whilst still remaining in close proximity of support units to protect them from enemy attacks.

She is ambivalent towards PVP and does not seek player to player combat unless her duty as a member of the Merciless Janitors requires of her. She is aware of her weakness against magic and long-ranged attacks (as it does not activate her unique skill as effectively as melee combat) so she tries to close the distance with her leaps. EvieInk prefers face-to-face combat due to her confrontational nature in her professional life. She takes personal offence to players who use stealth and non-confrontational combat because it reminds her of her ex's lack of a spine to talk to her about their relationship issues thus, leading to their 5 year long relationship to die.

OTHER PLAYER INFO:

Her timezone is UTC +08:00. She has been playing profusely ever since her company switched to 'work-from-home' due to the current COVID situation.

FACE CLAIM: Face claim is Leona from Grand Blue Fantasy. She is 27.

NAME: Xuan See Ong, Evelyn
HEIGHT: 158 cm
WEIGHT: 51 kg
EYE COLOR: Brownish Black
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Multiple ear piercings on her right-ear

HOBBIES: Gardening, Playing the Violin and playing with her cat, Ink
DISLIKES: Animal Abuse, Overtime and noisy crowds

PERSONALITY: Focused, Team Player, helpful, Impatient, Overly emotional and loud-mouthed

BACKGROUND:
long sob story
Evelyn is a workaholic all her life. She was doing chores for spare change to buy frozen desserts when she was young. She provided tuition to grade-schoolers/ primary school students to buy books she wanted to read. She studied too much then, worked too much. She always had an end in mind, a goal. One goal was to get married by 27 and have a family by 28. It all came tumbling down when her boyfriend, of then 6 years, broke up with her on their anniversary date. He didn't even attend their dinner appointment. He texted her saying that he wasn't coming but, she only read his message 45 minutes into waiting. Even then, her reaction of shock and despair was delayed because she was too busy checking her schedule for the next day.

How they lasted 6 years? By a miracle. Her boyfriend told her that she had been absent in their relationship for so long that it felt like they were pen pals. This wasn't the case for her, she partitioned her life properly. Everything had a time and place. Even emotions. She thought things were fine. She assumed he was a coward that didn't want commitment. This is the only way she could cope. She had to hate him despite him being who she wanted to settle down with.

Devastated, she clung to her pet cat, Ink, while gorging and blasting sad break up songs in her room. Her brother, Darren, introduced her to Sword Art Online because he was unable to bear with her idiocy. He said that she could pour her anger into this virtual world wherein she can feel pain and inflict pain to her heart's content . She used the game as a coping mechanism and a distraction for what ailed her broken heart. Thus, she became EvieInk. 

Approved! You can post EvieInk up in the Accepted Characters thread when you have time  :-)

Heartsink

Quote from: Chaosfox on May 26, 2021, 10:43:28 PM
Here you go, I may write out the background for the Player Character and may fine tune some things. It's late and I am tired and I wanted to get the main points of the character background and my  face claims up.
MidnightFox
MidnightFox

USERNAME:MidnightFox (Nick Names:The Masked Watcher, The Informant)
CLASS:Thief
JOB: Blade Lord
GUILD: None
PAIN ABSORBER: 75%

WEAPONS:Custom made katana is slightly lighter than most and double edged,custom made wakizashi shorter than most and double edged, Custom made Kunai  (Just an aesthetic change)
ARMOR:Usually wears light cloth armor with a leather shoulder guards and leather arm bracers.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: Mask of the Cat:Special drop item it is the only one MF kept to himself though there were others that did share the information for it. The Mask gives the person wearing it a +2 Luck and Dex

The Ward : This is not an item as much as a mark, it was from a limited quest available early. People with the mark who wear light or medium armor gain protection as if wearing items on class up has no effect on heavy armor. (It's rumored that  they plan to offer the quest again but not even the top informants can confirm this)
UNIQUE SKILL: Reaping blade: For 5 minutes MF’s accuracy is increased bye 10% . Each time he hits he heals for 5% of the damage done.If he scores a critical it heals for 10% of the damage. DOwn sides he can only trigger the skill at 25% Health and it has a 15 Minute cooldown.

LEVEL: 99 (35 points to distribute below),
VIT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (4/10)
MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (5/10)

STR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (6/10)
INT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (1/10)
DEX: ■■■■■■■■■■ (8/10)
LUK: ■■■■■■■■■■ (8/10)

STYLE OF PLAY:MF is known to be something of a calculated player, he likes to dance around his open’t searching for openings and analysing his opponent before attacking. He uses his mobility to his advantage and has been known to take down some of the top ranked pvp players in unranked practice duels with his wait and see approach.

Outside of pvp MF has been known to hunt both alone and with parties. He usually acts as a scout due to his in game knowledge and freely shares the best spots for people to hunt no matter their level. Though he belongs to no guild he has been known to team up with them when they need a scout and has been known to team up with the Merciless Janitors to help clear out PK’s rumor is he was once part of the guild early on but if he was no one can confirm and he will not say.

OTHER PLAYER INFO:

• Is top 50 pvp in his region but only top 100 globally.

• Can be found online at almost any time of the day or night is seemingly online all the time.

• IS considered to be one of the best Information sellers in the game. One of the few that has all the latest gossip on guilds and top players.

• Owns his own small player house on floor 44

• Though MF sells his information at a fair price it is still not cheap and he will waive fees for materials of an equal price.

• Is known to collect good’s for others to craft with, All the materials for his weapons he collected himself.

FACE CLAIM: Saizo Kirigakure samurai love ballad, Indexed as an adult via game play ( https://laura-woods.tumblr.com/post/178459811028/i-wondered-for-a-while-now-what-the-age-is-of-the )

NAME: Lucile Crawford
HEIGHT:5’6 (167cm)
WEIGHT: 135lbs (61kg)
HAIR COLOR:Blue-Purple
EYE COLOR:Same as Hair
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: A Black Fox tattoo wrapped around her left arm.

FACE CLAIM: Moriko Morioka - No Game No Life, described as being 30 ( https://netoju.fandom.com/wiki/Moriko_Morioka )
RESIDENCE: Los Angeles California
OCCUPATION: Information Seller on SAO, Professional gamer, Streamer, Graphic Artist (Dose stream art and designs emotes for streamers)

HOBBIES: Photography- Though she hardly gets out Lucile loves to take pictures though she herself is not in many

Baking- Because she has a huge sweet tooth Lucile learned how to bake especially cookies.

Graphic Design- Lucile has always had a knack for the arts especially drawing, though she is self  taught her years of  working at it has turned the youngish trans woman into a sought after graphic designer for streamers and even some web designers. 

DISLIKES: Player Killers - Ever since being the target of them in her first MMO Lucile has loathed player killers and does not mind helping to purge them. IN fact she can be a bit scary when hunting them.

Religion - Is basically a poster child for parents shoving religion down your throat when you did not want anything to do with it. 

Garlic - Quote from Lucille “The absolute worst flavor in the world I would rather drink vinegar then have garlic anywhere near my food”

SEXUALITY: Pansexule

PERSONALITY:
Laid Back - Though she can be serious about both the game and her professional pursuits. For the most part Lucile is quite laid back. Some people are still bamboozled that she has reached lvl 99 and her current pvp ranking.

Focused - This is how people explain Lucile’s success in SAO. She knows how to zero in and stay on task when trying to accomplish a task. Though sometimes some people who party with her find the laid back part of her personality to be a bit tiresome.

Friendly - Though she does pay solo quite a bit Lucile enjoys teaming up with other players. She has been known to not only help new players in learning how the game works but even watching over lower level players if they need items from areas that are being hunted by PK’s

Disorganized/Slob - This is not to say she has poor hygiene but more she is lazy about housework and her  computer desk is always in a state of what she calls organized chaos (This annoys her roommate to no end at times)  As for the game her inventory and bank are the same way and her clients she  gets material for are surprised she never loses things in game.

Insecure - Though others do their best to build her up and she knows deep down she is both a talented artist and gamer. She at times downplays her own abilities; part of this stems from personal past experiences.

Vindictive - Lucile can not stand people who are rude, bullies, and ass-faced elitists that steal mobs and therefore drops from people. And she has a very bad habit of getting back at them. Usually in the form of digging up in game dirt they may want to keep out of the public eye. Needless to say she has been the spark to completely ruin at least one guild (Well they did it to themselves she just sold the information that got things started)

BACKGROUND:

• Was born and raised in the small town of Bauxite, Arkansas the son of a preacher and his wife and the youngest of three boys.
  • Moved to to L.A. with an aunt on her moms side at 16 started to taking gaming seriously at this time as she struggled with being disowned. (Bye father)
  • Legally changed name to Lucile and took her  aunt's maiden name as her last name at 18 as she started to transition.
  • Spent her time after High school honing her gaming skills and art skills, worked a few odd jobs till she started streaming full time at 23.
  • A year after she started streaming she moved in with a close friend who also streamed.
  • Two years after streaming took up the name MidnightFox because of the Black silver Fox Avatar she made to represent her channel She now uses the same avatar in lieu of a face cam as well as a voice changing program.
  • Was one of the SAO Beta testers and one of the ones to reach 30 when the game started in full she joined Merciless Janitors for a short while. She left due to differing opinions on the gathering of information and selling of it.

Approved! Unless you still want to fine tune some things, you can post MidnightFox up in the Accepted Characters thread :-)

Heartsink

I've made a Discord Server for OOC and plotting which you can join, although it's entirely optional. RP will still be solely on E as well as all announcements.

Here's also a list of threads so far:

Recruitment & Information
Accepted Characters
OOC

Chaosfox

I think there are a couple of things I might fine tune a couple of things before I post it.

Envious

Still in progress, but I wanted to toss it out there! Hope to get back to it this weekend.

Should I have at least 1 point in stats, or is 0 okay?

This character is more interested in PvP than PKing in the open world, but is likely leaning towards an L7 app. Is there anything to do for it, or just say my character is in it?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Tinca

USERNAME: Tinca
CLASS: Magician
JOB:
GUILD: Lucky Seven
PAIN ABSORBER: 25%
PRIVATE PARTS SETTINGS: 0%

WEAPONS: Staff of Light
ARMOR: A plate dress; it may be heavy, but she's got no reason to run. second reference; this is an inspired reference, not an exact one. Her armor is hidden under a cloak that gives the impression she's a squishy clothy.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: A talisman to break crowd control affects. A variety of consumables to grant temporary status buffs.
UNIQUE SKILL: Wings of Heaven: The target is instantly healed for 30% of their health, gains a 10% speed bonus, and 10 seconds of flight. 2 minute cooldown. An angel has heard your prayer!

LEVEL: 98

MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (9/10)
RES: ■■■■■■■■■■ (5/10)

STR: ■■■■■■■■■ (1/10)
INT: ■■■■■■■■■■ (10/10)
DEX: ■■■■■■■■■ (1/10)

STYLE OF PLAY: Everyone thinks it's a good idea to zerg the healer to cripple team support. Try it. You won't find Tinca hiding in the back. She can take several seconds of sustained, burst DPS. Just when you think you've got the jump on her, Tinca starts putting up shields to reduce her incoming damage while spamming low-cost, low-hp heals to trick you into using disruptive abilities on all the wrong casts! In fact, she's doing what she can to bait you into thinking it's a great idea to blow all of your cool downs. While she's taking a beating like a champ, her heavy hitting partners are waiting in the wings for the right moment to swoop in. She's spec'd for a stronger healing performance in PvP than PvE with skills and talents that prioritize disruptive and crowd control effects over pure healing strength, but it's come in handy in attempting to go deeper into dungeons.

OTHER PLAYER INFO: She requires a partner to play effectively; she's specialized purely for healing support and has difficulty killing anything. She's big into roleplay; expect silly things to come out of her mouth, all in the theme of her character. She plays enough to be considered good, but she doesn't play enough to be considered "serious" by people who play as a lifestyle.

FACE CLAIM: Art by WLOP

NAME: Anna
HEIGHT: 5'9
WEIGHT: 166 lbs
HAIR COLOR: black
EYE COLOR: brown
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: No

FACE CLAIM: Emi from Barakamon

RESIDENCE: Florida, USA
HOBBIES: Painting, Gambling, Water Aerobics
DISLIKES: Unprepared/late people, sports, online romances

SEXUALITY: Omnisexual

PERSONALITY: Social, prepared, mother hen. Risk-taker and prepared to lose (or take) it all with a go big or go home mentality. Flippant when it comes to other people clinging to their in-game items/status.

BACKGROUND: When her youngest entered school, Anna had an identity crisis. The last ten years of her life had been spent as a stay at home mom doting on her children. With no one left at home, she used the game to fill that void. She thought she wanted to feel useful and needed and wanted to be successful at something other than parenting. It turns out, she just wanted a place to vent her aggression. She finds the fast pace and tension of PvP to be a thrill and extremely therapeutic. The closer she gets to 99, the more invested into the game she gets - she could actually be a contender for getting to level 100.

Chaosfox

I need to get my desktop going again... editing post can be a pain on a chrome book >.>  Anyway I fine tuned the Ward decided to give it a flat bonus to armor and gave it an active. Basically its a snare clear that has a small  boost to armor as a passive. Like I said  it was a special item for a special limited quest. Also did some cleaning up. Will move it off  here a moment or  tomorrow. 

Lynnette

Revised my sheet to give more detail on the unique ability, changed to white knight, and fixed a few details on Amelie's sheet.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

PentheWonderful

Just writing out my sheet now, but question. Are the sample characters gonna be characters we can interact with in the game? Because I have a crush on Salvador <3
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

TurtleInTheSheets

With this, the brother-sister duo is complete

Character Sheet for Blessed_Dominic
Blessed_Dominic

USERNAME: Blessed_Dominic
(also called as 'StarBoy/Tinkerbell/Stoplights' by his sister, EvieInk, because most of his spells are glittery and shiny)
JOB: Priest and Tailor(for crafting armour)
PAIN ABSORBER: 25% (lowest pain level)

WEAPONS: Avatar of the Creator (Lvl. 95  Staff)
ARMOR: Apostle's Scripture (Lvl. 95 Arcane Robe with high elemental resistance)
OTHER EQUIPMENT: A potion belt with healing/mana philters and concoctions
UNIQUE SKILL: Enveloped by His Love (Passive): All squad members have a 10% increase in MP regeneration. Healing spells and items (HP only) are 15% more effective. Every time Blessed_Dominic casts a skill, there is a 12.5% (1/8 probability) chance that his aura heals all squad members for 8% of his max HP.

[Note: Aura only affects SQUAD MEMBERS and not by proximity to Blessed_Dominic (i.e Maximum 6 members in a party)

I will roll an 8-sided die courtesy of Dicebot and provide RollId for reference/accountability.

10% increase in MP regeneration pertains to individual member's base MP regeneration NOT max MP.

For example, if a magic user has an MP regen rate of 100 MP/s, [Enveloped by His Love] raises it to 110 MP/s. Whereas if a blade master has a MP regen rate of 6 MP/s, [Enveloped by His Love] raises it to to 6.6 MP/s.

The value of HP restored is determined by Blessed_Dominic's Max HP; not individual squad member's HP.

MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (6/10)
RES: ■■■■■■■■■■ (8/10)

DEX: ■■■■■■■■■(1/10)

STYLE OF PLAY:

Blessed_Dominic is a full-pledged healer, only using equipment that amplifies the effectiveness of his passive and heals. Despite having high HP, Blessed_Dominic suffers from extremely low physical resistance/defense. He uses defensive barriers to avoid being pawned in one-shot but, ultimately relies on being protected in the long run.

He is a good strategist, always keeping tabs on all of his allies' skill cooldowns, HP, MP and status effects.

His affinity to magic is min/maxed, specialising only in [Light] elemental magic for both offensive and defensive skills. He rarely uses his offensive skills since he is preoccupied in supporting from the backlines. He is an integral part of any raid team and a prime target in PVP Zones. Being a glass cannon doesn't ruin the experience the game for him as he knows that his sister always has his back. Furthermore, always being on the boundary of death proves to be the most thrilling way to experience a VRMMORPG like Sword Art Online.

OTHER PLAYER INFO:

Blessed_Dominic is capable of crafting high tier arcane, light and medium armour due to his tailoring skill. He is responsible for crafting armour in the Merciless Janitor's guild and personalises each individual armour with bonus stats and enchantments.
He sometimes uses his in-game money to help make armour for his guildmates and those who need them.

Blessed_Dominic doesn't like any of the nicknames given by his sister, EvieInk. He cares deeply for his sister and worries for her because of he doesn't want her to end up growing old alone and becoming a crazy cat lady.

He is overly cautious to a fault. He overstocks in healing/MP potions and crystals. He double, triple-checks all the maps and does not enter the boss room without prior information from brokers or scouting parties.

He is constantly looking for another support-class player that can reduce his casting time so that he can dish out heals faster than he can regenerate his mana.

NAME: Xuan Yong Kiat, Darren
HEIGHT: 180 cm
WEIGHT: 71 kg
EYE COLOR: Black (I know it's blue , lol)
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: He has a ring tattoo on his right hand with the initials of each of his family members

FACE CLAIM: Yato , God of Calamity from Noragami
HOBBIES: Reading, swimming and calisthenics
DISLIKES: Loud people, backstabbers and infidelity

PERSONALITY: Caring, filial and cooperative.
Slightly Pistanthrophobic, slightly perverted and has unrealistic expectations

BACKGROUND:

Darren used to spend most of his time outdoors playing soccer. After undergoing surgery for a heel injury, he never felt the same with his injured leg. To maintain a lifestyle without inflicting unnecessary stress on his foot, he started swimming.

Darren is currently studying for a Bachelors in Business Administration in a local university. Upon reaching lvl 95 on his character,  he started to play less due to the monotony of trying to level up higher. However, he picked up SAO again in order to help his sister get over her breakup.

He has been power leveling EvieInk by accompanying her on higher floors and grinding as a duo.

Evelyn's cat, Ink, likes him a little too much to the jealousy of his sister.
[Acronym=On and Offs][/acronym][acronym=When There's Nothing Hard Under The Sheets (Updated 09/09/2018)][/acronym][acronym=Turtles reserves the rights to change posting rate without prior approval][/acronym]

Chaosfox

Quote from: TurtleInTheSheets on May 28, 2021, 07:27:58 AM
With this, the brother-sister duo is complete

Character Sheet for Blessed_Dominic
Blessed_Dominic

USERNAME: Blessed_Dominic
(also called as 'StarBoy/Tinkerbell/Stoplights' by his sister, EvieInk, because most of his spells are glittery and shiny)
JOB: Priest and Tailor(for crafting armour)
PAIN ABSORBER: 25% (lowest pain level)

WEAPONS: Avatar of the Creator (Lvl. 95  Staff)
ARMOR: Apostle's Scripture (Lvl. 95 Arcane Robe with high elemental resistance)
OTHER EQUIPMENT: A potion belt with healing/mana philters and concoctions
UNIQUE SKILL: Enveloped by His Love (Passive): All squad members have a 10% increase in MP regeneration. Healing spells and items (HP only) are 15% more effective. Every time Blessed_Dominic casts a skill, there is a 12.5% (1/8 probability) chance that his aura heals all squad members for 8% of his max HP.

[Note: Aura only affects SQUAD MEMBERS and not by proximity to Blessed_Dominic (i.e Maximum 6 members in a party)

I will roll an 8-sided die courtesy of Dicebot and provide RollId for reference/accountability.

10% increase in MP regeneration pertains to individual member's base MP regeneration NOT max MP.

For example, if a magic user has an MP regen rate of 100 MP/s, [Enveloped by His Love] raises it to 110 MP/s. Whereas if a blade master has a MP regen rate of 6 MP/s, [Enveloped by His Love] raises it to to 6.6 MP/s.

The value of HP restored is determined by Blessed_Dominic's Max HP; not individual squad member's HP.

MPR: ■■■■■■■■■■ (6/10)
RES: ■■■■■■■■■■ (8/10)

DEX: ■■■■■■■■■(1/10)

STYLE OF PLAY:

Blessed_Dominic is a full-pledged healer, only using equipment that amplifies the effectiveness of his passive and heals. Despite having high HP, Blessed_Dominic suffers from extremely low physical resistance/defense. He uses defensive barriers to avoid being pawned in one-shot but, ultimately relies on being protected in the long run.

He is a good strategist, always keeping tabs on all of his allies' skill cooldowns, HP, MP and status effects.

His affinity to magic is min/maxed, specialising only in [Light] elemental magic for both offensive and defensive skills. He rarely uses his offensive skills since he is preoccupied in supporting from the backlines. He is an integral part of any raid team and a prime target in PVP Zones. Being a glass cannon doesn't ruin the experience the game for him as he knows that his sister always has his back. Furthermore, always being on the boundary of death proves to be the most thrilling way to experience a VRMMORPG like Sword Art Online.

OTHER PLAYER INFO:

Blessed_Dominic is capable of crafting high tier arcane, light and medium armour due to his tailoring skill. He is responsible for crafting armour in the Merciless Janitor's guild and personalises each individual armour with bonus stats and enchantments.
He sometimes uses his in-game money to help make armour for his guildmates and those who need them.

Blessed_Dominic doesn't like any of the nicknames given by his sister, EvieInk. He cares deeply for his sister and worries for her because of he doesn't want her to end up growing old alone and becoming a crazy cat lady.

He is overly cautious to a fault. He overstocks in healing/MP potions and crystals. He double, triple-checks all the maps and does not enter the boss room without prior information from brokers or scouting parties.

He is constantly looking for another support-class player that can reduce his casting time so that he can dish out heals faster than he can regenerate his mana.

NAME: Xuan Yong Kiat, Darren
HEIGHT: 180 cm
WEIGHT: 71 kg
EYE COLOR: Black (I know it's blue , lol)
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: He has a ring tattoo on his right hand with the initials of each of his family members

FACE CLAIM: Yato , God of Calamity from Noragami
HOBBIES: Reading, swimming and calisthenics
DISLIKES: Loud people, backstabbers and infidelity

PERSONALITY: Caring, filial and cooperative.
Slightly Pistanthrophobic, slightly perverted and has unrealistic expectations

BACKGROUND:

Darren used to spend most of his time outdoors playing soccer. After undergoing surgery for a heel injury, he never felt the same with his injured leg. To maintain a lifestyle without inflicting unnecessary stress on his foot, he started swimming.

Darren is currently studying for a Bachelors in Business Administration in a local university. Upon reaching lvl 95 on his character,  he started to play less due to the monotony of trying to level up higher. However, he picked up SAO again in order to help his sister get over her breakup.

He has been power leveling EvieInk by accompanying her on higher floors and grinding as a duo.

Evelyn's cat, Ink, likes him a little too much to the jealousy of his sister.

Reading this CS makes me think of The Villain in Glasses.

TurtleInTheSheets

Quote from: Chaosfox on May 28, 2021, 07:37:21 AM
Reading this CS makes me think of The Villain in Glasses.

You mean Shiroe from Log Horizon?

Kinda, i guess. But he isnt politically motivated or manipulative.
He's also not as good as Shiroe since he only watches over 6 people. Maybe kinda like Minori.