[IC & Thoughts] Castillo Callisto: A Floating Castle of Correspondences

Started by Cirus, May 20, 2021, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirus

Castillo Callisto

Another one for the 3am thoughts that keep me awake file.

My mind is fluid and rustling with thoughts of castles in the air and knights wielding swords bent on mental magic.

• I am intrigued and drawn to such off-beat narrative RPG's as De Profundis, Amber, Callisto and Quill- all diceless where letters and narratives drive the story through some hub that other games would call a GM. If we want random things we can use the tarot or go to Castle Falkenstein.
  • I am thinking of a magical castle-city, an independent state of its own, perhaps even floating a few feet from the earth itself
  • The ideas of a the correspondence between various citizens of the castle interests me, to the point that I can use Callisto as a way of picking a god-mode.
  • While I have had enough things to scare me in my life, I am drawn to the society and methodology of De Profundis. The idea of a group of players making a society or a covenant makes me want to start an rpg again.
  • The citizens of this city-state castle in the air correspond in an air of lavender and pink mist, much like Star Wars' Cloud City.
  • And yet I wonder if this task is too much for me, for I am no God, but a humble player in a simple boring world.

Thoughts? Interest?

References:

Callisto RPG
De Profunduis
Castle Falkenstein
Quill White Box
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Cirus

This idea has come back in my mind, is anyone else interested?
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Avernale

I feel a little confused.  This is an RP about people sending messages to each other in the form of lavender/pink mist?

Cirus

No the floating castle thing is in a strange mist. Its occupants are the ones with correspondence and muse.

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies