Vampire the Masquerade Semi Freeform Group Game - Seattle by Night (CLOSED)

Started by LunarSage, March 25, 2021, 10:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

LunarSage

Quote from: mainsnoires on March 26, 2021, 12:18:19 PM

Mains!  You should do it.  I'd be glad to have you.

Quote from: Rebelle on March 26, 2021, 12:41:09 PM
Planting a flag of interest.  Looking at a Toreador maybe

Quote from: RegretNot on March 26, 2021, 05:01:24 PM
Interested.  Malk or Ventrue *flips a coin*

You guys would be a most welcome addition.  :-)

Quote from: Pink Professional on March 26, 2021, 01:28:13 PM
I think I'm going to drop my interest. I wish you all the good luck though!

No worries at all.  We'll be here should you change your mind. 

Quote from: Haloriel on March 26, 2021, 03:47:20 PM
O-oh. Oh my. Knuckle bites sound so nice. Anyway this looks great, Lunar.  O:)

Thanks Haloriel!  I would love it if you did end up joining.   ;D

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 26, 2021, 07:31:11 PM
Ponders ...

I would really love it if you joined.  Fair warning, the game will be in the Extreme section since it will likely deal with blood.  I know in the past that's been an issue for you.  Either way, it's great to see you again.  :-)

I have posted the Traditions along with a couple notable NPCs HERE in case anyone was interested.  So far I have the Prince and the Malkavian Primogen up.

It looks like we have two of the three Harpy roles filled, as well as the Sheriff and the Brujah Primogen.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Kuroneko

Quote from: Wolfling72 on March 26, 2021, 07:58:09 PM
Kuro...my friend...my dearest adorations from across the interwebs....do. it.

You do tempt me, lol

Quote from: LunarSage on March 26, 2021, 08:42:10 PM

I would really love it if you joined.  Fair warning, the game will be in the Extreme section since it will likely deal with blood.  I know in the past that's been an issue for you.  Either way, it's great to see you again.  :-)

Aww, thanks Lunar. I appreciate hearing that <3. It's actually NC (and primarily sexual at that) I have this issue with. Extreme is fiiiiiine.  ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Wolfling72

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 26, 2021, 09:06:06 PM

You do tempt me, lol

Aww, thanks Lunar. I appreciate hearing that <3. It's actually NC (and primarily sexual at that) I have this issue with. Extreme is fiiiiiine.  ;)

Kuro...you/me/ vampiric things and cookies? How could any of this be wrong??

Edited because: Lunar...will you edit my sheet for the political Harpy thingy?
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Kuroneko

Quote from: Wolfling72 on March 26, 2021, 09:10:46 PM
Kuro...you/me/ vampiric things and cookies? How could any of this be wrong??

Point. I don't know the game itself well at all, so what are these political position thingees?  ::)

I think I'm going to look at a Tremere, because of course I am >.>

Wolfling72

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 26, 2021, 09:29:58 PM
Point. I don't know the game itself well at all, so what are these political position thingees?  ::)

I think I'm going to look at a Tremere, because of course I am >.>

Oh gods, why must you hurt me so?? *Tremere are the devil...the DEVIL*

Harpies have certain spheres that they influence inside Camarilla-run cities.  In the case of my poor little Malk, I wanted her to have an ear to the ground on politics both mortal and immortal. Since vamps aren't out in the world, what they need is influence to sway the masses...so the more politically savvy you are, the more you can influence, the harder it is to kick you out.

Sheriff is a Prince appointment. (Same with whips and the like)

Primogen is usually the oldest clan member in the city and used as council for the Prince...

If you do decide to play Tremere, a good way to get your finger on the pulse of the city is to set one of your chapter houses as Elysium. That grants you influence in the city as well as gives you a boost with the major players.

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Kuroneko

I ... don't think I know enough about this world to play in it.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 26, 2021, 09:53:40 PM

Is easy. Seriously. It's even easier because Lunar removed rolls and such so what you have to worry about is writing an interesting character.

Tremere are easy to play around with. Hell, you can make a Fledgling and LEARN the game as you go. I'd be willing (if no one else offers) to write a Tremere Ancillae to guide your person.

(or hell any elder for a Sire/Childe relationship)
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Kuroneko

Quote from: Wolfling72 on March 26, 2021, 09:58:21 PM
Is easy. Seriously. It's even easier because Lunar removed rolls and such so what you have to worry about is writing an interesting character.

Tremere are easy to play around with. Hell, you can make a Fledgling and LEARN the game as you go. I'd be willing (if no one else offers) to write a Tremere Ancillae to guide your person.

(or hell any elder for a Sire/Childe relationship)

I would prefer to not be a fledgling anything, honestly. That has very little appeal for me and the character I was thinking of. But for example, I have no idea what 'Elysium' is or why the characters need connection to the outside world. So, I know nothing and I don't have the luxury of time to learn. The entire revision of my book is due at the end of April :-/

Juggtacular

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 26, 2021, 09:53:40 PM

Masquerade is like if Interview With a Vampire and Underworld had a baby. Secret societies, clan wars, behind the scenes drama, all in the modern day.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 26, 2021, 10:01:51 PM
I would prefer to not be a fledgling anything, honestly. That has very little appeal for me and the character I was thinking of. But for example, I have no idea what 'Elysium' is or why the characters need connection to the outside world. So, I know nothing and I don't have the luxury of time to learn. The entire revision of my book is due at the end of April :-/

Then don't worry about any of the political stuff. *shrugs* In all honesty, the politics and the like are there simply to gain influence. It adds flavor. I am so used to LARPing that I like the political stuff so I make my people dabble in it but you don't have to do ANYTHING besides what you want for your person.

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 26, 2021, 10:03:07 PM
Masquerade is like if Interview With a Vampire and Underworld had a baby. Secret societies, clan wars, behind the scenes drama, all in the modern day.

HA! Truth!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Kuroneko

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 26, 2021, 10:03:07 PM

I got that much, lol.

Quote from: Wolfling72 on March 26, 2021, 10:03:42 PM
Then don't worry about any of the political stuff. *shrugs* In all honesty, the politics and the like are there simply to gain influence. It adds flavor. I am so used to LARPing that I like the political stuff so I make my people dabble in it but you don't have to do ANYTHING besides what you want for your person.

*holds back comments re: larp politics being nothing compared to SCA politics*

Knowing the game mechanics makes it easier to make connections, etc., which leads to writing opportunities in game. Hopefully you see where I'm coming from as far as this goes.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Kuroneko on March 26, 2021, 10:06:31 PM
I got that much, lol.

*holds back comments re: larp politics being nothing compared to SCA politics*

Knowing the game mechanics makes it easier to make connections, etc., which leads to writing opportunities in game. Hopefully you see where I'm coming from as far as this goes.

I got it...and I shall pout until your book edits are done and then I shall bombard you with begging cat pictures until you consent to give me Kuro words.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Kuroneko

That's gonna be ... *checks calendar* July. When all the images are done  :-(

Blythe

*shy flag of interest*

Very (tentatively) interested provided I can get my brain in order & if I would be welcome. ^^;

Is the Toreador Primogen position available?

LunarSage

Quote from: Blythe on March 26, 2021, 10:37:29 PM
*shy flag of interest*

Very (tentatively) interested provided I can get my brain in order & if I would be welcome. ^^;

Oh Blythe of course I would love to have you play with us!  :-)

The Toreador Primogen position is indeed open.

Kuroneko

Wolfling72

Quote from: Blythe on March 26, 2021, 10:37:29 PM
*shy flag of interest*

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

AndyZ

Wolfling, to make sure, you wouldn’t mind having another Malk?  I’m considering it but want to make sure I’m not poaching.

Edit: fixed a phone autocorrect
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Wolfling72

Quote from: AndyZ on March 26, 2021, 11:13:29 PM
Wolfling, to make sure, you wouldn’t mind having another Malk?  I’m considering it but want to make sure I’m not poaching.

Edit: fixed a phone autocorrect

*grabby hands*

Bring me your Malkie Andy...I need them.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

AndyZ

Oh!  Another question: what year is it?  Are we in the 90s?  Modern day?  If modern, are things closed down with the pandemic?

Okay, bunch of questions, but with one theme...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AribethAmkiir

Game year will be 2021.  Pretty much modern with same timeline, but no Covid stuff.

AribethAmkiir

Name: Mackenzie Rowan Young

Age Category (Fledgeling/Neonate/Ancillae/Elder): Neonate

Mortal Age/Birth Year: 23 / Born April 3, 1979

Total Age/Year Embraced: 42 / Embraced September 21, 2001

Clan: Toreador

Clan Weakness: Lost in Beauty:

Sexuality: pansexual

Description: When not up in a “beauty queen” doo, her auburn colored hair cascades to the middle of her back and frames her pale oval-shaped face.  Piercing hazel eyes catch much and often fixate with a predatory gaze.  Upon her left cheek is a faint “beauty mark”, often concealed by makeup or the lighting of the club.  Puffy, kissable lips seem to rest in a pout-like state, or a semi-amused smile.  At five feet and six and a half inches, she has a slim build with classic Hollywood beauty.  She wears designer tailor-fit clothes; often gowns with plunging necklines, bare backs, or slits to the hip, and sometimes, all the fore-mentioned.  One feature all of her gowns have in common is the way they tightly highlight her curves.  Upon the exterior of her left hand she has "Trust No One" tattooed.  On her right wrist, is the stylized tattoo "Believe" where the B is replaced by a Treble Clef and the L replaced by a quaver.  While obviously attractive, her most notable feature is her voice.  She possesses an expansive contralto vocal range, which has been described as captivating and highly emotive.  Those with an ear will notice her voice can raise three octaves, ranging from high notes in a girlish timbre to jazzy ornaments in her lower register with great ease. She moves with a sensual elegance and grace.  When she performs, it's a feast for both the ears and the eyes.  The allure is completely natural, even if some might describe it as mystical.

more pics

Current Camarilla Status:  Neonate(1) + Harpy(2) = 3

Attributes
ATTRIBUTES

Strength:
Dexterity:
Stamina:
Charisma: 1
Perception: 1
Intelligence:
Willpower: 1

Skills
SKILLS

Athletics: 1
Brawl:
Melee:
Stealth:
Survival:
Security: 1
Academics: 1
Law:
Linguistics (French): 1
Medicine:
Occult:

Backgrounds
BACKGROUNDS

Allies:
Contacts:
Resources: 2
Herd:
Haven: 1

Disciplines
DISCIPLINES

In Clan Discipline 1: Auspex
In Clan Discipline 2: Celerity
In Clan Discipline 3: Presence

Brief History:  Born in Manhattan, New York in April of ‘79.  Mackenzie Rowan Young was the eldest child and only daughter of screenwriter Paul Young and schoolteacher Alison Young.  Her brother Jason was born four years later in ‘83.  Raised Roman Catholic.  At the age of 6, the family moved to upstate New York’s Lake Placid where she attended St. Agnes Elementary school. It was the night of her ninth birthday, when she was trying to fall asleep after a pleasant celebration, that she can first recall a sudden fear of death gripping her chest and stomach and feeling so anxious about becoming one year older, and thus getting a year closer to her eventual demise, that she began sobbing uncontrollably.  When her parents came to comfort her, she was nearly inconsolable.  Mackenzie first demonstrated her love for music as part of the church choir where she became the precentor.

She attended the same high school where her mother taught for only a year.  Then, at the age of fifteen, she was sent to Kent Boarding school due to an alcohol dependency that was beginning to develop.  Her uncle happened to be an admission’s officer and helped secure her financial aid.  Her teenage years were difficult.  She had trouble making friends, struggled with her alcohol addiction, depression, and anxiety.  She was almost constantly in some form of trouble.

Despite all of that, she graduated from Kent Academy, and spent the subsequent year with her uncle on Long Island where she worked as a waitress.  It was during this time, her uncle taught her how to play the guitar.  Nearly immediately, she was fascinated and felt like she could write a million songs with only six simple cords.  She had always sung, and it was one of the few things that helped her get through the “rough” times.  Once she learned the guitar, she began to write songs, and performed in nightclubs under various pseudonyms, such as, Lizzie Young and “Spearmint Bubble Gum”.

In ‘98, at the age of 19, she enrolled in Fordhamn University and began studying philosophy with an emphasis on metaphysics.  An attempt to bridge the gap between God and Science.  In the spring of ‘99, while still in college, she submitted a seven-track extended play to the U.S. Copyright Office.  She recorded and submitted two more extended plays that year, the final being purely acoustic album, where she demonstrated her skills at the keyboard.  Her first live performance was in 2000 for the Williamsburg Live Songwriting Competition where she met a Acquisition and Recruitment representative from an independent label.  It was at this time that she had also caught the eye of a man who wasn’t as forthcoming with his identity.  In 2001, during the final semester of her senior year, she cut a 3 song acoustic album with the company for $10,000, and began to make plans to tour that summer.

She graduated with a Bachelors of Arts, in May of 2001.  It was a few weeks later that she learned the label was letting her go with the only explanation “that she evolved too much as an artist and was no longer what they were looking for.”  In a typical act of angst, she decided to move across the country to Los Angeles.  With only a few months of rent saved, she was forced to work multiple low-paying jobs, such as, bartending, babysitting, and dog walking.  Any time she wasn’t working, she was writing songs, singing, or playing.  Ironically enough, it was at another Songwriting Competition in September where she caught the eye of another record company.  The tragedy of 9/11 shattered any thought of pursuing the lead.  She packed what little she had, and bought a bus ticket. 

She was at the bus station, when she encountered the weirdo stalker from years prior.  Despite his creepiness, he spoke elegantly, and before she knew what she was doing, she was agreeing to go play for him.  It was a performance that irreversibly changed her life.

Kuroneko

Kuriyama Danjiro - Keeper of Elysium
Name: Kuriyama Danjiro (last name first, per Japanese convention)

Age Category: Neonate

Mortal Age/Birth Year: 45 / 1926

Total Age/Year Embraced:  95 / 1971

Clan: Tremere

Clan Weakness: Initiation / Blood Bond

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Description: Danjiro is tall for a Japanese man, standing six foot, with shoulder length black hair and deep brown eyes. He looks fit, healthy and trim for a man of 45 years, with no grey in his hair. He has a traditional horimono in the kame-no-ko style on his back, arms, upper chest, and shoulders with Fudo-Myo as the center piece and a ring of bonji around his neck. He has a calm and quiet demeanor which belies the abilities within his grasp. 

Current Camarilla Status: 2 – Keeper of Elysium

Attributes
ATTRIBUTES –

Strength:
Dexterity:
Stamina:
Charisma:
Perception: 1
Intelligence: 1
Willpower: 1

Skills
SKILLS –

Athletics:
Brawl:
Melee:
Firearms:
Stealth:
Survival:
Security:
Academics: 1
Law:
Linguistics (Latin), (Japanese): 2
Medicine:
Occult: 2

Backgrounds
BACKGROUNDS –

Allies:
Contacts: 1
Resources: 1
Herd:
Haven: 1

Disciplines
DISCIPLINES

Thaumaturgy: 2- Path of Blood
Dominate: 1
Auspex: 0
Rituals: Defense of Sacred Haven, Deflection of Wooden Doom, Ward vs Ghouls

Brief History: Danjiro’s parents came to the United States from Japan shortly before the stock market crashed, hoping for a new life. Instead, what they got was the Great Depression, back breaking work on a farm that cost far too much to buy and produced too little, and the crushing racism that engulfed the country in WWII. When their farm was seized, Danjiro and his family were sent to a Japanese interment camp to spend the bulk of the war as prisoners, despite he and his sister being born right here in the good ol’ US of A. They never got it back after the war, and losing it sent his father into a crippling depression that eventually caused his death. His mother insisted on taking he and his sister back to Japan, where she could find support from her family.

In Japan, Danjiro embraced the spiritual traditions of his grandparents, becoming a devout follower of Shinto and Buddhism. He loved the simple ritual and practice of both spiritualities, and looking back, now understands how they laid the groundwork for the love of ritual that now governs his life. He also apprenticed with his grandfather, learning the traditional skills of a Japanese carpenter, helping to rebuild what had been destroyed by the war. It was hard to keep the Yakuza from interfering with his grandfather’s business as they began to establish black markets on all types of goods. Eventually, Danjiro had to agree to participate in their dealings as he took over the family business, a thing he kept from his Ojiisan, along with the tattoos he began to acquire to show his commitment to the Oyabun. He was loyal to the clan, despite the way it changed his life.

It was a Buddhist retreat in the mountains outside Kyoto that would change his life in ways he could never have imagined. There, he was embraced by the woman that became his sire while meditating in the forest. She spirited him away, leaving him to be just another lost victim of the mountains. She was the one that began his training in thaumaturgy, teaching him the ways of blood magic. She taught him how to survive in his new form, and to love the rituals. He embraced it all. Fifteen years passed and he didn’t age a day. Danjiro knew he couldn’t go back to his family. His sire arranged for him to leave Japan, traveling back to the United States to study with another Tremere. He traveled up the west coast, first settling in San Francisco’s Chinatown to learn from the new clansman, where he spent several years. Finally, he moved on to Seattle just for the turn of the millennia. He’s been in the city for over 20 years, and the Keeper of Elysium for almost ten. 

Player: Kuroneko

LunarSage

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 27, 2021, 12:12:18 AM
Game year will be 2021.  Pretty much modern with same timeline, but no Covid stuff.

This exactly.  Thank you, Aribeth.  :-)

EDIT: I added the following to the first post as well.

The following positions are -currently- (and I emphasize -currently-) held by NPCs:

Prince
Seneschal
Malkavian Primogen
Nosferatu Primogen
Tremere Primogen
Gangrel Primogen
Ventrue Primogen

The following positions are claimed to start by PCs:

Brujah Primogen (Juggtacular)
Sheriff (Gannameade)
Keeper of Elysium (Kuroneko)
Harpy (Wolfling72)
Harpy (AribethAmkiir)
Harpy (Rebelle)

The following IC positions are still available for PCs:

Toreador Primogen (Blythe had expressed interest)