News:

Main Menu

Great old shows

Started by Sasquatch421, October 10, 2012, 06:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

I got this idea from talking about the older cartoons yesterday. This is just to discuss the old tv shows you used to watch when you were younger.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
ALF
Remington Steele
Dukes of Hazard
Boy Meets World
Family Matters
The Little Rascals
Knight Rider
The A-Team
Xena: Warrior Princess
A Different World
The Cosby Show
Miami Vice
Beauty and the Beast
Hill Street Blues
Saved by the Bell
Magnum P.I.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on October 10, 2012, 06:09:13 PM
I got this idea from talking about the older cartoons yesterday. This is just to discuss the old tv shows you used to watch when you were younger.

Remington Steele
The Cosby Show
Beauty and the Beast
Hill Street Blues
Magnum P.I.
I get them in syndication but I like these.

Lilias

Some McGyver reruns now wouldn't hurt me any...
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

VonDoom

Old? Hm.

Anyone familiar with Sledge Hammer? I'll also throw in my hat for Xena and raise you a Sliders.

(Buffy doesn't count as 'old' yet, right?)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Lilias

I see your Sledge Hammer and raise you a Dempsey & Makepeace.

Not even going into the stop-motion animation my son loves - stuff from when his father was a kid (and I not yet born!).
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Nico

Sledge Hammer was so awesome! ~laughs~

The Addams Family! For the win!

Or... oh my gawd!

The Black Adder!

VonDoom

How could I forget Blackadder? Best series ever. Do you guys remember what Baldrick's first name was?  ;D

O&O

Avis habilis

Criminy, I didn't even realize he had one.

Speaking of adders though - in my later teen years there was a Canadian show called "Adderly" that I liked a lot. It was about a spy who had lost a hand on a mission & been reassigned to the Miscellaneous Affairs department - two rooms in the basement, one manager & one secretary who of course was a better spy than the manager. Mayhem ensued every week.

VonDoom

Well, it's a bit of a funny story.

You see, for most of his life, he thought his name was 'Sodoff Baldrick'. Because that's what all the other kids were saying whenever he approached.

O&O

Sasquatch421

Hmmm, I think I'll up The Munsters and Dark Shadows... I don't don't know if we can count Buffy as old yet, but I did watch a Supernatural episode that had Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters as a married pair of witches that were having a spat....

yobo

Some of the shows I used to watch (have forgotten a lot of great shows, that I am sure of):

Sledge Hammer
Family Ties
MacGyver
The Coach
The Press Gang
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
M*A*S*H
Tropical Heat
Silk Stalkings
Bergerac
A Country Practice
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
The Cosby Show

yobo

Quote from: Nicholas on October 12, 2012, 10:46:45 AM
The Black Adder!

A fantastic show. Didn't discover it until I got a bit older though, when a friend had a VHS of one of the seasons.

Katrina

Gimmie a Break
Facts Of Life
Beauty and the Beast (I <3 this show.  Wasn't as good when they killed off Catherine)
Duke of Hazard
Little House on the Praire

heathenwolf

Ill throw in a starsky and hutch, and a Kojak!!!

LunarSage

Quote from: VonDoom on October 12, 2012, 09:43:58 AM
Old? Hm.

Anyone familiar with Sledge Hammer?

"Trust me.  I know what I'm doing."

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Salvation

I loved Buffy and Angel, though I hope those do not count as old shows yet.  Xena was definitely awesome, and the Beauty and the Beast series.  I always have enjoyed Stargate, though I hope that doesn't count as old yet.. <.<

As cheesy as some might find these shows, I love comics, so I was recently watching some episodes of the old Wonder Woman show with Linda Carter. Dark Shadows, and others mentioned I love as well.  A-team, MacGuyver, and well, I just thought of two kid shows that I vaguely recall .. "The Tomorrow People" and "You can't do that on television" on Nickelodeon I think it was.  Oh, and I love Doctor Who.

yobo

Quote from: Salvation on October 16, 2012, 11:41:52 AM
I always have enjoyed Stargate, though I hope that doesn't count as old yet.. <.<

I really enjoyed Stargate SG-1, although there were too many "filler" episodes that did nothing for the overall story arc, and were not very interesting as a stand-alone episode. Have watched all ten seasons though, and the movies, so it can't be that bad. :-)

LunarSage

Golden Girls.

Just sayin'.

heathenwolf

How about,"voyage to the bottom of the sea"? 

Salvation

Quote from: yobo on October 16, 2012, 04:10:49 PM
I really enjoyed Stargate SG-1, although there were too many "filler" episodes that did nothing for the overall story arc, and were not very interesting as a stand-alone episode. Have watched all ten seasons though, and the movies, so it can't be that bad. :-)

Yeah, I recall a lot of filler episodes that did nothing to push the season forward, though I enjoyed the show overall. I also watched Atlantis when it came out, but I had a hard time getting into the very last one they did.

Another old show that I enjoyed was the "Twilight Zone" as well as the "Outer Limits".

Sasquatch421

Quote from: heathenwolf on October 16, 2012, 07:32:49 PM
How about,"voyage to the bottom of the sea"?

Have the first two seasons on dvd... I forgot to add V.... I remember watching that way back when, still love to watch it as well. Then there was Hunter and 21 Jump Street (not that travesty of a remake either). I used to watch old Days of Our Lives as well. I got into that when Marlena got possessed by the devil and John just happened to find out that he was a priest...

I loved The Golden Girls.... I will always be a Betty White fan...

Silver

For those of you who are missing Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, it is currently being should on The HUB; the children channel in the US. They also show the good Batman and Superman cartoons from the 90's that I enjoy.

I'm surprised that no one put Hercules: The Legendary Journeys on their list.
Another one I consider old but great for me is Sabrina The Teenage Witch.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

LunarSage

Sabrina is considered old now? 

*slinks off to his rocking chair on the porch*

I'm still getting used to the idea of the Powerpuff Girls being on Boomerang...

Salvation

I always liked Xena over Hercules, but Hercules was not a bad show, either, when I think about it.

Silver

Quote from: LunarSage on October 22, 2012, 01:33:40 PM
Sabrina is considered old now? 

*slinks off to his rocking chair on the porch*

I'm still getting used to the idea of the Powerpuff Girls being on Boomerang...

I have to get use to Pokemon being on Boomerang... in all honesty...I mean I'm freaking 25...when did 25 become so old..
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡