Minecraft WorldEdit Glitches.

Started by Xenphir, May 09, 2014, 04:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

I've gone to MC forums specifically and searched around Bing but no one could help me. I know there are a lot of MC players around E so I figured I'd try here before deleting my city.

Well I've been playing MC again to get my mind off things, and I was building this huge city in the sky over the ocean. I decided to get WorldEdit because I needed to build two giant towers and I didn't want to re-build a second one when they were the exact same. So I used it a bit. When I neared the end of my build I found a piece next to the city (Not in it thought.) That is missing. A 16x16 Chunk is just gone, appearing to resemble the void. I can see all the way past bedrock, lava and ores etc.

Well when I try to fly down there in creative it glitches as if there is something there. I try placing grass or other blocks there and while I can hear them being placed, they don't show up.

Mobs swim in the chunk as if there were water there, but I cannot. I just float down until I hit the glitch.

What I've tried: Cutting the corrupted chunk, copying another ocean chunk, and pasting the other chunk there. It still appears empty. Though after I cut it, it gets lighter as if sunlight gets to it now, but its still glitched.

So I thought, "I'll just move the whole city then." So I copy the city and start flying to another part of the ocean, but none of it loads! No other chunks in the world would load. Not sure if the whole file was corrupted somehow or if the single chunk corruption lagged me too much.

So then I copied the whole save file and got into the copy. New chunks load and nothing is laggy, but that single chunk from before is still there, or rather, not there. I dare not touch it this time and I can still play on it, but I prefer to try and move the city to a non-glitched place.

So I copied the city and saved it as an MCedit Schematic. I then proceeded to load it on a whole new map. I made sure there was enough room in the ocean, (I tried it twice on different maps, different oceans.)

Well I lag for awhile after //paste and I expected as much. So I wait for awhile before my MC runs out of memory (Both times.) and when I come back only half of it is loaded.

A third time I waited and waited, and it just wouldn't load before I ran of out memory.

Well, no matter how long I wait until my MC crashes I come back to the same chunk of the city there. I've tried copying it from different corners and its still the same city. What bugs me is that the hardest part of the city is the one that the glitchy chunk was near, and that corner of the city never loads.

Vekseid

How much memory have you assigned to minecraft?

Xenphir

I can only assign 1GB max since I am using the Technic launcher. This is on a modpack on there. I have 32-bit so it won't let me assign more than 1GB. I have 64-bit on a disc to put on the PC but I'm not sure how to do it. I Think my processor can do both 32 and 64 but I don't have any storage device big enough to save our files in. x.x

The Dark Raven

When I have chunk glitches like that one of two things has fixed it for me.

1) Log out of Technic and come all the way back up.
2) Start over (and this is why I am on serious hiatus from MC--too many of these).

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Oniya

Just a thought, but is it possible to divide the city into smaller sections and copy them one at a time into the new world?

I don't know MC Edit, but if memory/paste-buffer is the issue, smaller hunks of data might succeed.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xenphir

Hmm I'll have to try and copy each section then :o Thanks for the idea Oniya. It should be easy to place them since the city is divided into Poor, Lower Middle Class, Working Class, Rich, Government, and the Royals. xD (I got bored.) so I'll have to do the last two separately since the palace and government buildings are the biggest. :o