The Still Tree of Ended Souls [Rurouni Kenshin Style RP]

Started by Quick Ben, February 25, 2018, 08:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quick Ben

The Still Tree of Ended Souls

Title: The Still Tree of Ended Souls

Setting: Tokyo during the post-Bakumatsu time period, also known as the Meiji Restoration / Meiji Era. Other places in Japan are possible depending on where our storyline leads us.

Content: Adventure, mystery, sword-fights, violence/death, drama, potential romance, and more! No smut.

Premise: A series of kidnappings has shocked the city into a state of visceral fear. Curiously, one particular area has not suffered a single kidnapping. Everyone within this normal community doesn’t seem suspicious at all, except for the local woodcutter: a man with dark hair, a half-burned face, and oddly prodigious skill with his chosen profession. There’s something strange about him, and he might be the only possible lead that could end the crimes.

Basically, this is following an OC manslayer (MC) with an OC policeman (woman, in this case) (YC) on all their crazy adventures. A different Kenshin-like storyline!

Requirements/Desires: - A female partner to play the trained female police swordsman who is assigned to the task force trying to solve the case.

- For my partner to be able to write multiple strongly descriptive paragraphs but also be flexible with changing post lengths to keep dialogue heavy sequences more fluid and less awkward.

- Good spelling and grammatical skills needed.

- I’m looking for an almost procedural outlook for the story in this, a case by case sequence of stories but potentially an over-arching story about MC’s mysterious past coming back to haunt both him and YC.

- Each of us to be able to control other side characters that help move the story forward.

- OOC communication for skeletal planning of the plot going forward. I don't want to over-plan, however.

- PM if interested. I've got a character sheet for us to use, and we can brainstorm some more before beginning. I will take only one parter at a time on this. First come is not first served. I will take the partner I think suits me, and this role-play best.

The Crazy Den of Quick Ben

"We have a proverb," said Hadji Murád to the interpreter, " 'The dog gave meat to the ass, and the ass gave hay to the dog, and both went hungry,' " and he smiled. "Its own customs seem good to each nation."

Mile High -- Redd & Hood -- Lana Cross -- Goblet of Murder & Mystery -- Naughty or Nice --  Princess Peach