Overlords (Pathfinder Mythic Sandbox)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, June 06, 2017, 01:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys

Is my description of them good enough for now? I can search for pictures if need arises.
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Zaer Darkwail

Pictures would help more than thousand words really :). I am okay with concept of followers you listed in PM but adding pictures brings out the flavor out better. I am huge fan of using pictures for illustration purposes (or gifs).

Krys

Problem I'm VERY picky about pictures :D
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you got time to work and find some :). But if the pics are that serious pain I can go with highly detailed (2-3 paragraph) description as well.

Krys

May I introduce, one of her lovely friends in the workshop.
Disclaimer (WIP):

Re Z L

Quote from: Krys on June 17, 2017, 12:50:28 PM

May I introduce, one of her lovely friends in the workshop.

D'awwww so adorable
A&A

Krys

Disclaimer (WIP):

ererruz

Krys

Q: how would you guys optimize a blowgun in such a way, that it is equal in versatility to other highly enchanted ranged weapons (bow/crossbow). What I'm looking for is something stylish without making it completely useless. I have some ideas of my own, though still need input to give it that extra edge.

What I'm looking for is not a damage dealing weapon (my char isn't build along that line anyway). But a "sniper" way to apply conditions cheaper in the dozen. To stay out of range while pelting one important enemy with sting after sting, keeping it occupied while our damage dealer work at it, and the crowd controller take care of the mooks.
Disclaimer (WIP):

Zaer Darkwail

I myself not sure how optimize a blowgun, never done it myself :P. Not to mention do it more through item than optimize char itself in taking feats and class levels to be sniper.

Krys

Well, the blowgun will not be very special. Mostly distance +x to have more reach, and accuracy and ways you penetrate armor as to get the dart to touch.

The darts though will be the special part: coming from a "intelligent" cornucopia (the scabbard of the blowgun), they'll carry different sets of conditions. Basically allowing me to "single target" control the boss. ^^ This cornucopia could also be integrated into Vikies chest armor, allowing her to draw the darts she needs for her 3 attacks per round. :D

And yes, blowgun, vest and tiara will form her legendary set. :D
Disclaimer (WIP):

Zaer Darkwail

Well, blowgun then could have base enchant + distance + brilliant weapon (or ranged eguivalent) on it.

Also reminder; I made earlier link to OOC thread for this game and first IC post has already been done for pathfinder Overlords!

So for reminder here is link for OOC where people are carrying out discussions already (and seems some people missed it in the chaos); https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269376.0

Krys

^^ I know about the OOC thread, just wanted to keep this one open... oh wait, application time is finished, isn't it?
Disclaimer (WIP):

Zaer Darkwail

It is, as if anybody wants to get in they need do entire char sheet and upragdes, minions etc less than a day :P. I will close this thread later on today.