La Gondolier's Requests

Started by La Gondolier, October 22, 2011, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Gondolier

I am looking for writers willing to write female characters between the ages of the early 20s through late 30s opposite a male character in his 40s.  My opposite number must have a mature attitude and a certain amount of self-confidence.  I am not looking for someone to break and I am not looking for a slave.

My characters are the strong and forceful type, holding positions in society and their careers of power and responsibility.  They are not looking for love and resist it when it comes their way.  The women who interest them are self-reliant, educated and successful in their studies, careers or business life.

Because real life is pretty full for me right now I can only promise one post a week if writing on the forums.  However, I would be willing to write in emails if you like and could post 2 or 3 times per week depending on the length of the posts involved.

A few ideas I have included:

Historical Romance

A noble forced to marry for money to preserve his family's estates who meets a young woman considered to be a spinster because she is twenty-two or twenty-three and still unmarried.

Fantasy

The Lavender Ghost ~ A wealthy gentleman who takes possession of a large estate reputed to be haunted by the ghost of a woman who was murdered there and who seeks vengeance on couples who are in love and take up residence in the house.  You can write the ghost as well as the female character if you wish.  I will write the part of the ghost otherwise.

Contemporary Romance

The protagonist will any sort of business man, college professor, scientist, doctor, military officer that you might wish in a setting of your preference.

Mystery/Thriller/Spy Games

Here again the protagonist will fit the needs of my partner as long as the character traits are of my design.  I do have a desire to write a character who is an author of murder mysteries and becomes caught up in a web of intrigue based on a villain imitating the plots of his books.  Here your character might be in law enforcement, a private detective or someone from his publisher's office.

Please respond by PM if you wish but an email will get a quicker response.  Thank you.

La Gondolier

A Change of Course

Your character is a woman who has worked hard to make a success of herself and her business or career.  She is on the brink of one of the greatest achievements in her life and sees the road open ahead of her until she meets a man who sweeps her off her feet and offers her luxury beyond her wildest dreams.  Now she faces a choice because his one stipulation is that she leave her current life and dreams behind and ally herself to him completely.

My character is Crew Hamilton a successful and wealthy entrepreneur who has decided it is time to settle down with one woman to be his hostess, mate and mother of his children.  He has found the woman he believes fits all of his needs and begins the seduction of her mind, intellect and heart to sway her to his way of thinking.  He will have her in spite of what he considers to be her contrary nature and he is willing to be patient in his manipulation of her.  Of course, he doesn't count on his own emotions becoming involved.

I'm looking for a partner who can write a strong, intelligent and emotionally mature female character and can explore the conflict of wanting two things in life so badly you can taste it.  While being put in a position of having to choose between the two you are bent on trying to find a way to get both.  The sexual tension and desire for this story begins almost immediately as the two characters are drawn to each other on the most basic levels.

I am also looking for an articulate author with a good command of grammar and sentence structure.  Initial posts would be long but once into the story would settle down to two or three moderate paragraphs.  I am adverse to run-on paragraphs with dialogue jumps. 

PM if interested with "A Change of Course" in the subject line.

Thank you for your consideration.