[Realm of the Phoenix King] Recruitment (EX) *Open*

Started by Vostroya, March 09, 2014, 11:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

I guess I fall into the lagger category here, I usually don't look at games that are already established, but I've been longing for participating in a big-group game to avoid the inevitable death of the games. If you are still looking for people, I'd be interested at least :)
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Vostroya

Awesome! We would love to have you! What were you thinking of playing?

Lynnette

Quote from: Vostroya on September 30, 2014, 07:40:29 AM
Awesome! We would love to have you! What were you thinking of playing?

I like the idea of playing as a merchant. I don't want to tie my character in too heavily to the root of the game, just walk on the surface of it so that if it proves to be out of my liking, I can easily hop off, though from what I have read thus far, it don't appear like that'll be the case.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Lynnette

Just a quick question, do you know if there has been any integration issues thus far? I know it tends to be a re-appearing curse over large-groups that new players kind of... Aren't integrated properly.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Vostroya

Not that I am aware of, we try to integrate everyone in pretty easily. The main reason is that we always make sure that characters that are submitted would have a place in the game, that way people are not left behind.

Thesunmaid

well we have had 3 or 4 new players join us and they are already playing with us. And if we need to we will start a new rp thread for you. One of our big things is we want people to feel welcome even if they are just starting out in rp or in our game :) The palace is sort of a melting pot of sorts...we have merchants slaves nobles scholors all gathering together. I was thinking of actually setting up a court yard thread so we might have a bit of a market place or something actually :)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Lynnette

Quote from: thesunmaid on September 30, 2014, 10:28:56 AM
well we have had 3 or 4 new players join us and they are already playing with us. And if we need to we will start a new rp thread for you. One of our big things is we want people to feel welcome even if they are just starting out in rp or in our game :) The palace is sort of a melting pot of sorts...we have merchants slaves nobles scholors all gathering together. I was thinking of actually setting up a court yard thread so we might have a bit of a market place or something actually :)

I don't think what is needed is new threads (At least not for me) what I have usually seen when big groups try to include more people is that the Game master(s) open up recruitment and accept sheets, but when the applicant enters the game, the old players don't even try to interact with them. Natural Skepticism I suppose.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Thesunmaid

well we always welcome people and if they want to do their own plots that's great but we are trying to make sure the new players are as involved as we can get them right now. If you have any ideas feel free to submit them in either pm or there is a bards corner where you can suggest plots or things you would like to see. we currently have a few being discussed but if you want anything specific we will try to make it happen. :) all of our players are pretty cool and have been making all sorts of lovely drama over time lol. so any one is welcome even if you just want to stay on the edge and watch for now and we will drag you into plot later on.or if you wanna just jump right in.and take your time with your sheet until you get settled if you want. :)

I have had bad experiences in games that were cliquish before and it made new players hard to get into things which is why we are trying to make it as easy as possible to get people involved right now because they is pretty much the best way to kill your game is to make it hard for new potential players to get in.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Kuje

Quote from: thesunmaid on September 30, 2014, 11:12:44 AM
I have had bad experiences in games that were cliquish before and it made new players hard to get into things which is why we are trying to make it as easy as possible to get people involved right now because they is pretty much the best way to kill your game is to make it hard for new potential players to get in.

This was my biggest worry when Vost sent me the invite, once I saw how established the game was. It was also why I asked Vost where might be a good place to put a character, which is why he tossed me the idea of making a slave for Lus, and I contacted Miko about it. Also, the marketplace might be useful for Sapphire sometime, if Lus lets her follow the dream she had of being a merchant before becoming owned by Lus. :)

Lynnette

Quote from: thesunmaid on September 30, 2014, 11:12:44 AM

Yeah, that's what I meant. However, it seems like you have control (Asking GMs is usually not a good idea since... Well, figures) but since nobody has stated otherwise, I'll take your word for it :) If I manage to get my ass in gear, I think my character should be sent in sometime tonight, I have a pretty good idea of what kind of character I want to play :)
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Thesunmaid

Inari

I can say that this game is the first that I haven't encountered the clique problem. I haven't been told my posting frequency is too little for their flow and no members are too new to come into the fold. :3

SneakyGuy

Now, this is what I call lucky. To come back to E after a year of break and bump into a group roleplay, inspired by Michael Manning! Needless to say, I'm quite interested in joining the game, and I've went through all the inspiration sources at least a few times.  Needless to say, I'm very interested in participating.

What kind of characters are you looking for?
O&O

SneakyGuy

O&O

Thesunmaid

lol what star cry said..https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=545.0 this is the board if you would like to look over threads and sheets and the rp going on right now. I am going to have vos edit his opening thread to include it so people can take a look around.

I will be one of your GM's if you join :)

SneakyGuy

Oh, I went to some of those. I just wondered if there is a shortlist, which of all the characters are active.

The first idea I got, while browsing the forum was of a spyish type of guy, perhaps retinue of a transceptor or some noble (for some reason while I find transceptors cool, I don't see myself playing one). One you can convincingly keep as a slave and has the skills to do well as such, usually behind a mask, but is also quite able to undertake various tasks when free.
O&O