What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

A rather grim article looking at the fall of the 70 years of relative peace that we have had and two differing views as to the UNited State's role in this. One argues we should just pull back and stop interfering in foreign affairs, the other says we should do the opposite, especially in Europe. The Garden is dying and being replaced by the same violent, poisoned filled jungle that led to fascism and totalitarianism.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/is-the-world-becoming-a-jungle-again-should-americans-care/ar-AAAudit?ocid=spartandhp

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Lustful Bride on September 22, 2018, 10:13:00 PM
A rather grim article looking at the fall of the 70 years of relative peace that we have had and two differing views as to the UNited State's role in this. One argues we should just pull back and stop interfering in foreign affairs, the other says we should do the opposite, especially in Europe. The Garden is dying and being replaced by the same violent, poisoned filled jungle that led to fascism and totalitarianism.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/is-the-world-becoming-a-jungle-again-should-americans-care/ar-AAAudit?ocid=spartandhp

*looks around the growing patches of jungle along rivers and mountain sides, deserted farms and garden paths, and the dark rustle of python snakes, lions and fierce local tribes like a vicious wind*  :-\

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

TheGlyphstone

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Skynet on September 23, 2018, 11:54:12 PM
Batman's penis will be removed from all future printings of DC Comics

Oh, I remember this very X-rated spoof coloured drawing with Batman, Robin, Catwoman and a fourth one I can't identify now - joined together in a four-way orgy, though still wearing their signature costumes. Batman was baring his teeth and looking *very* turned on (especially by Robin, of course!) and his erect shaft was quite visible. :P

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Orval Wintermute

RedEve

Dick can never catch a break from Bats.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Beorning

A funny bit from Germany:

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/feature/triathlete-banned-from-all-you-can-eat-restaurant/

Basically, there's a restaurant where you pay 15 EUR and you eat as much sushi as you can. Well, one day a triathlete came by - and, as he's on a special diet, he managed to eat 100 plates in one sitting...

Apparently, the owner asked him not to ever come back :D

Sara Nilsson

Blythe

Trigger warning: sexual assault

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/arts/television/bill-cosby-sentencing.html

Bill Cosby's been sentenced to 3 - 10 years & denied bail for the sexual assault of Ms. Constand.

Sara Nilsson

Good. Hope he rots in jail.

And of course people are saying "he shouldn't go to jail, the shame of what he has done is punishment enough" just.. fuck off with that shit, if he felt shame he would have confessed instead of saying he will appeal.

Flower

+1

I also saw people talking about his age. I don't care if he was 100. You still have to answer for your crimes.

Lustful Bride

lustfulintentions

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on September 25, 2018, 03:30:40 PM
Good. Hope he rots in jail.

And of course people are saying "he shouldn't go to jail, the shame of what he has done is punishment enough" just.. fuck off with that shit, if he felt shame he would have confessed instead of saying he will appeal.

This x1000

elone

In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Mechelle

I have been watching the coverage of the Kavanaugh hearing, if that's the correct term, with my mouth open in shock, as I dip in and out.

As a foreigner, I would have thought, without casting any blame, that the sensible thing would be to put the nomination on hold while any investigation takes place.

PS I have posted on this thread as I can't, to my surprise, find a dedicated thread.

Skynet

Quote from: elone on September 26, 2018, 10:24:42 PM
Sometimes the use of anti-semitism label is overdone which only lessens the impact of these charges.

https://www.jta.org/2018/07/17/news-opinion/jewish-groups-around-world-condemn-equating-criticism-israel-anti-semitism

I'm pretty sure that a far-right party which downplays Nazi war crimes are the types of people who shout "anti-semite!" at anyone who criticizes the Israeli government. ::)

But on a serious note, this is unrelated to the issue at hand. We're not dealing with say, a group of left-leaning folks who view Zionism as being incompatible with liberal attempts at ushering in a multicultural society. Or African-Americans who feel rightfully perturbed when they hear about the sterilization of Ethiopian Jewish immigrants in the 1980s.

We're talking about a party whose politician criticized the concept of Holocaust memorials and that Germans should see some bright side in their nation's Nazi past.

And whose leader tried to "bring back" a racially-charged term.

There is definitely a problem of evangelical Christians and Israeli nationalists who defend the worst of their country's policies, but they're not at fault for white supremacists being able to better fly under the radar. There's more than a few conservatives in the Western world whose interests happen to line up with white nationalist and alt-right figures, and people like Lauren Southern, Tucker Carlson, etc are very adept at seeding their talking points into regular mainstream discourse.

Oniya

Quote from: Mechelle on September 27, 2018, 03:49:39 PM
I have been watching the coverage of the Kavanaugh hearing, if that's the correct term, with my mouth open in shock, as I dip in and out.

As a foreigner, I would have thought, without casting any blame, that the sensible thing would be to put the nomination on hold while any investigation takes place.

PS I have posted on this thread as I can't, to my surprise, find a dedicated thread.

I think people have been waffling between here and the Trump thread - although as significant as this issue is, it certainly wouldn't be amiss to have a dedicated thread.  Speaking as a US citizen, I agree with your opinion on the sensible thing to do - while grumbling at the lack of sensibility in certain parts of our government.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Oniya on September 27, 2018, 05:03:56 PM
I think people have been waffling between here and the Trump thread - although as significant as this issue is, it certainly wouldn't be amiss to have a dedicated thread.  Speaking as a US citizen, I agree with your opinion on the sensible thing to do - while grumbling at the lack of sensibility in certain parts of our government.

I agree with every part of this except the 'certain parts of'

Deamonbane

Watching the Republicans apologizing to Kavanaugh for what he's going through is starting to make me feel physically ill.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

blue bunny sparkle

Quote from: Mechelle on September 27, 2018, 03:49:39 PM

Yes.

I am sickened. I am disheartened. I am ashamed of this government and of my country and the current president too.

Missy

It's really a general problem, just one more example of whats been going on for years. The number of legal 'professionals' who've gotten off handing down light sentences for sex offenders has left it clear that it's not widely enough a priority to enough people. It won't have a significant effect on their careers so it's just no big deal.

Lustful Bride