News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Return to Miller's Hollow [Villagers Win!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 28, 2012, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

The designated scout group had returned in a flurry of excitement, claiming there was a small village just up ahead that looked to have been abandoned for quite some time. Sure, it would need to be cleaned up, but having a warm place to sleep for the night as the bitter cold of autumn wind set in was a wonderful prospect. It was decided that the group would go to this town ahead and do their best to make it a home, at least for the coming cold months.

It didn't take long for the entire group to make their way to the town, a sign that had long overgrown with ivy proclaimed it to be "Miller's Hollow" and one person pushed the ivy aside. The iron gates around the village would surely keep it safe from outsiders if they could find a lock and close the gates. But first matter being first, they needed to elect a leader.

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Kyrsa
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • Starlequin
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Torch
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

Roles

• Peasants x2
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Halfbreed
  • Werewolves x1
  • Alpha

Rundown
Day 1
Falanor is elected as Sheriff.
Night 1
No deaths.
Day 2
Starlequin, a peasant, is lynched.
Night 2
Torch, a peasant, is eaten by werewolves.
Day 3
Game Moderator Interference - Sleeping Spell.
Xandi, the Alpha, disappears.
Night 3
Event - Backfire
Backfire is activated. The wolves chose to eat a special role and failed. Torch's ghost returns for revenge on Kyrsa, the Halfbreed.
Day 4
Great Distrust runs through the villagers, who vouch for their friends.
MCsc, unable to receive any vouches, is eliminated. He is found to be a Peasant.
Falanor and Sasha, unable to obtain the required number of vouches, become the only options for the vote today.
Sasha is proven innocent by ThatRPGuy, the Priest. No one is lynched today.
Night 4
Ryven, a Werewolf, is found dead.
Day 5
Mithlomwen, a Werewolf, is lynched. But not before she turns someone else.
Night 5
That Girl Analise is found dead as the group rushes from their homes to avoid the flood!
They later find that her role was ________.
Day 6
Flood! The men take up shelter in the Church, while the women hurry to the Inn.
The Writing's on The Wall!
Night 6
Falanor, a Peasant, is killed at the Church.
Sarena, the Seer, is killed at the Inn.
Day 7
Lord Mayerling, a Werewolf, is lynch.
Night 7
James Moartiy, a peasant, is eaten by wolves.
Day 8
Sunshinesparkle, the last werewolf, is eliminated.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

May the odds be ever in your favor!

(If anyone is missing their role PM at this point, please message me to let me know!)
Us against the world

James Moriarty

* The Professor approached the gates with something akin to reverence, feeling the rough, weathered sign beneath his fingertips.

Miller's Hollow -- what a sight for sore eyes.  He looked around at the group and walked through the iron gates into the small village.  That the place had seen many years was evident -- the wood of the buildings and porches was almost grey and pocked with dark dimples from rain and wind and mold.  The chill of the early evening air made him pull his collar tighter around his neck.

"Well, whatever charm this place lacks is made up for by the promise of some shelter from the coming night.  But I think we should organize ourselves, so as to make our efforts most effective -- and what better place to start than to champion a leader.  I myself have always thought that Falanor was quite the man for the job -- he's a natural, and also has quite a delightful singing voice."

Starlequin

Starlequin eyed the rest of the cadre, mingling and milling about as though at a very grim cocktail party. Some he knew. Most he liked. None he trusted. He pulled a small box from his overcoat and withdrew a candy cigarette, taking a nibble from the tip.

"I dunno, Professor. Falanor's a stand-up type, to be sure, and I loved his performance in The Book of Mormon as much as anyone. But I think Torch is more suited to a job like this. She's got the whole tough as nails, Sweet Meets Street thing goin' on. She gets my vote, unless anybody's got any better ideas?"
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sarena

Sarena stood at the back perimeter of the group.  It was a position she held frequently during their journey here.  Better to keep her eye on as many as she could.  Trust did not come easily for a woman like her, but there was one she did trust.  Implicitly.  She just hoped that did not prove her to be the fool later on.

Her eyes roamed over the dilapidated buildings, taking in the dismal scenery before finally, her gaze fell on the Professor and Starlequin and she shook her head, "You're both wrong."

She let her hands fall to her sides as she stepped forward from the back of the group.  "There is one here who has proven to be a born leader.  A firm hand when the situation calls for it, but not afraid to let her softer side show. Kyrsa is the one for the job."
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Ryven

Ryven arrived shortly after the others to survey the remains of the once bustling town of Miller's Hollow.  He scanned the houses, finding one that had been abandoned but in workable condition complete with a stone oven.  He began straight away, cleaning up and repairing what he could.  The house also needed to be secured.  Locks were changed, windows barred as the threat of werecreatures in the night had long been a legend in those parts.

The remainder of the day was spent taking an inventory of his ingredients.  Flour, butter, sugar, chocolate, varying dried fruits and the like.  He had been so excited to start setting up that he hadn't even heard the conversation outside.  Ryven opened the door and leaned against the frame as he listened to the conversation.  When a moment arose for him to speak his vote, he did so without hesitation.

"Torch would indeed be an ideal candidate to the position.  Trust me.  Her skills as a sheriff I have experienced first hand, and I can say, without a doubt, we would all be better off if she were to occupy that vacancy once more," he said with a smirk, turning to wink at Torch.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. warily walked into town with the rest of group, and decided to take a survey of the Miller's Hollow.  He shuffled along the streets, covered with broken branches and leaves, and the such.  Most of the buildings had been worn by nature, but seemed basically solid.

He decided he could choose one for himself later - as for now he thought to keep his hands busy fixing up the obvious problems on a few of the buildings, so the other's in the group could sleep tonight without the wind blowing through their new homes.

As he walked along, he came across a few of the people in the group discussing their vote for sheriff. 

"I think I'm going to agree with Ryven and Star on this one - Torch has the experience to do the job, and has proven herself in the past."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Torch (3)
Falanor (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Sarena (1)
Valerian (1)
Xandi (1)

Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Mithlomwen

Mith glanced around, surveying the abandoned village.  Her eyes landed on a rather quaint little cottage and her feet soon followed.  Peeking inside the small structure, she could see it was badly in need of cleaning, but it would serve her for a home just fine. 

Wiping the dust off of her hands, she smiled and felt a renewed sense of happiness. 

Overhearing the conversation going on, Mith listened carefully to everyone before making a decision.  "I believe Falanor would do an excellent job." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Val sat down on a boulder -- an uncomfortable perch, but at least it gave her the chance to let her tired feet rest for a while.  A month ago she would have thought the prospect of staying here a dismal one, given the rundown state of the houses, but now it looked infinitely better than yet another night outside, under trees and makeshift lean-tos.  Even if they decided against staying here permanently, this would at least give them a base in which to rest for the winter and perhaps scout around for a better spot as weather permitted.

She took a quick count of the group and was relieved to see that everyone seemed to be here.  They were all tired, and she had worried more and more about people possibly lagging behind too much.  "This is a difficult choice," she chimed in, as the voting for a new sheriff began.  "I think Xandi would do a good job.  She's always been ready to pitch in and help wherever it's needed."  Soon Val would have to settle on a house as well, but for now she simply listened to the voting and enjoyed being able to sit for a while.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Galactic Druid

The was a loud creak from one of the old, abandoned buildings as Guy made his way outside to see just what all the commotion was about. "Great..." he grumbled to himself. His private little sanctuary, interrupted by so many people, people he didn't know, people he couldn't trust.

"If ya'll are going to stay here, at least pick someone with the sense to run this place right to lead you!" he snapped, joining the crowd. He reached out a hand and pointed to Sarena. "There's a woman with enough sense to keep an eye on the rest of you lot. My vote's for her!"
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

That Girl Analise

"Personally" Ana said, emerging from a rundown hut she'd been inspecting and planned to claim, "I think Valerian is truly suited for the job. She's always been a strong leader, in my experience," Ana got to work in what seemed to be the center of the town setting up a place for a fire. The air had a distinct chill to it, and some warmth would be welcome... Not to mention the prospect of food. She set up some rocks in a circle and began gathering wood for a fire.

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine stood quietly listening to the group engaging in the voting discussion,it was time to elect a Sheriff for Miller's Hollow
Her eyes scanned all the faces as her lungs battled to grasp some fresh air,experience had taught her to trust no one,this wasn't going to change anytime soon
"I give my vote to Falanor ,from what I saw he possesses what we look for in a Sheriff" She finally said as her curious gaze lingered on the empty houses,pondering about which one would be hers

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Sasha

Brushing off a bit of dust ....indeed this place could use a bit of spring cleaning even if it is the fall of the year . Sasha then adjusted her hat listening to the banter going about with regards to the selection of a new Sheriff . The lot being discussed surely made some sense as the woman pondered over the options and looked about .

She couldn't get out of her head the part about the sweets meets streets ...obviously the way a few of her comrades spoke it seemed that one had done the job before .  " Seems to me if the lady had enough to pull it off once then ...only right thing to do is let her carry on . I shall toss my approval towards Torch as well to get things underway . " 

Hopefully the place had some fresh running water .....it obviously was not the luxurious train ride she been on the last time . Though ...quaint and seemingly out in the middle of no where it did offer a bit of privacy by the looks of things . Rustic ...earthy home type energy . They should be able to have this place looking downright comfortable in no time . Least it was always good to stay positive .

Remiel

Remiel arrived, straggling somewhat behind the group, pushing the cart that contained all his earthly possessions in the world.  He wasn't quite sure why he was here; Miller's Hollow had always had a cursed reputation.  Every year, it seemed like, the lush valleys and fertile woodlands would attract a new group of settlers; and every year, the settlement would vanish without a trace. 

Oh, well.  It wasn't like he had a choice.  A particularly harsh drought had forced him to pull up stakes and relocate.

"Hrmm, a Sheriff?" he mulled the question over.  "The only person I can trust to lead us is someone who knows how to put food in our bellies.  Why not have a Muffin Man Sheriff?  I vote Ryven."

Lord Mayerling

Lord Mayerling, looking to set himself up as the local brewer, arrived atop a fully loaded beer wagon pulled by a couple of jackasses.

“Hear ye, hear ye!” he announced. “We have finally arrived at Miller’s Hollow, the land of milk and honey! This calls for a celebration! Let us tap a keg! And let us raise a mug in honor of our new Sherriff! And in that, I mean the good Falanor!”

“Also, I’m lookin’ for the one they call the Seer. Let us open a bottle, and do our best to save each other's souls.”

Missy

MacLoch was by far from the first to arrive, yet equally so from the last. His attire was for the most part casual aside form his traditional scottish/irish kilt which would have identified him as a member of the MacLachlan branch of the royal family to any familiar enough with his clan colours to recognize them. Though he hid not his clan affiliation from his companions he had told none of them his proper lineage, preferring not to trust with strangers and foreigners whom he knew little about.

MacLoch stood in the gateway his hands on his hips as he surveyed the courtyard before him. He heaved a great sigh as he took to an investigation of the tower to the left of the gateway. "Aye, lads and lassies, this one be mine!" he stated clearly and loudly his intentions as he firmly pressed an iron engraving and hammered it into the door, marking the abode as his own

After ensuring the marking was secure MacLoch took note to the conversation at hand. "I thinks perhaps one of experience ought be best suited to the task, I cast me vote in favour of yon' lass Torch"

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Torch (5)
Falanor (4)
Valerian (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Sarena (1)
Xandi (1)

Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Autumn52

As Xandi approached the group she noticed that everyone was voting for a sheriff. This town was just what they needed, she was glad to be here. She had seen a little cottage that she thought would be warm for the winter. Having a sheriff would ensure everyone's safety so Xandi surveyed the nominees carefully before placing her vote.

Once it had fallen quiet Xandi spoke up, "I am so happy we found this town. I think Torch would make an excellent sheriff. She will ensure things are handled efficiently and fairly."

Xandi began looking over her shoulder at the little cottage she wanted to claim as her own for the winter. 
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Kye

Kyrsa pulled her shawl around her shoulders, her gaze wandering around Miller’s Hollow.  She listened quietly as people began to vote for a sheriff, but she was far more interested in a warm, and hopefully dry, place to sleep.  She felt as if she’d been awake for days.  She wanted peace and quiet, a place to call home.  The cabins all needed a bit of work, but they looked solid enough to keep the worst of the chill out.

“I don’t know anything about his singing voice, but Falanor seems to be a reliable man.  I don’t think we could make a better choice for Sheriff,” she finally cast her vote before glancing around to see who else had yet to speak up.  She wanted to get indoors and clean out a cabin before she toppled over from exhaustion.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B., after many hours mending some of the cabins; re-hinging doors, patching mysterious holes in the walls, and the sort, took a break and wandered out to see who was about  He cam across Kyrsa and Xandi who seemed to be looking for places to stay, and suggested a couple of the cottages that he knew were in good enough shape to keep the chill out.

Autumn52

On Mr. B's suggestion Xandi gladly accepted the cottage that she had her eye on after he told her he had done the necessary repairs. "Thank you so much Mr. B. I really like that cottage and for all your hard work I would like to invite you to share my evening meal tomorrow night after I have gotten settled in." She was thrilled that he was generous enough to do the needed repairs and thought it was the least she could do to repay him.

Xandi went about making the place homey and comfortable. Cleaning, straightening and decorating so that she could make this her winter home.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Torch

The uneasy silence of the hollow was only broken by the voices of the new arrivals, all discussing who should be given the task of leading the small band of villagers intent on turning the abandoned dwellings into some semblance of an inhabited town. The wind turned bitter as each vote was cast, and Torch was grateful for the thick wool of her coat, the tightly woven fabric blocking the worst of the chill. She knew the worst of the weather was yet to come as the days wore on, foul weather unfit for man or beast.

It was for this reason the group wasted no time in declaring their choice for sheriff, and Torch had never been one to hesitate. "The choice for sheriff is a crucial one, and not to be taken lightly. In my opinion Valerian is the best candidate for the job, by far."
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. was delighted by Xandi's invitation, "Well of course I will accept your invitation to an evening meal.  Perhaps I'll bring a fresh pie and some apple cider to enjoy after."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Torch (6)
Falanor (6)
Valerian (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Ryven (1)
Sarena (1)
Xandi (1)

Us against the world