Sailor Moon: Infinite Dreams (Recruiting, Come one come all! LGBT friendly!)

Started by Angie, April 10, 2015, 04:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Even though it's reached new heights,
I rather like the restless nights,
It makes me wonder, makes me think
There's more to this, I'm on the brink,
It's not the fear of what's beyond,
It's just that I might not respond,
I have an interest, almost craving,
But would I like to get too far in?

-Iron Maiden, "Infinite Dreams"

Hopes and dreams, fears and nightmares. What we see in our sleep is tied to our waking hours like how day follows night. But what if the world of dreams and the world of reality became tied together?

Welcome to the Infinite Dreams.

Plot: First things first: It's been a few decades since the original team of Sailor Senshi were active. Their exploits are remembered, but largely considered fiction. So what happened to them? That will all be revealed...eventually.

Our plot concerns a new batch of Sailors, with the inclusion of "Knights" because I don't want to exclude the boys on this one. The villains of this story are out to harvest the power of Fear and create a world of nightmare-"Hell on Earth", if you will. However, the heroes will swiftly gain the power to do a light side equivalent-use the power of Hope to do the exact opposite. This will unlock new, epic powers for the heroes to crack out-think Sailor Jupiter turning into a Minotaur and ramming the bad guy, or Mercury summoning a squad of water elementals as backup. There will eventually be massive, 50-foot tall monster battles where hero and villain are both giant monsters.

Setting: We are, of course, in Tokyo, but we're also 20 minutes into the future, as TVTropes would say. So for example, the smart phones of the day are as powerful as top of the line desktops are today, just for an example. Tokyo has its problems, however, despite being super hi-tech: Overcrowding and pollution are the biggest problems, along with rampant corruption in the government and more. It's not surprising to say that the average person is downtrodden and kind of lacking in hope.

Hey wait a second...

Another couple of details: People are gonna get hurt and possibly killed in this one. On the flip side, YOU guys get to be way more brutal-want to beat the ever-loving fuck out of the bad guy of the week? Go for it.

Playing Villains: At this level of interest, I'm gonna say no to playing villains. If interest ramps up, I may allow some people to play villains, but I will not allow people playing heroes to also play a villain. The villains have a lot of surprises and I would have to reveal some to the people playing the bad guys, and while I know you guys are great and won't metagame...if you know what's coming, it's hard to act surprised by it.

Character Sheet: Unlike other games, we can't double up on characters-well we can with the inclusion of Knights, but you know what I mean. There's only one Sailor Mercury. It gets worse with Sailor Moon-I'm stealing wholesale from another game I was in and instead of making a Moon Knight, there's Sailor Moon and Terra (Earth) Knight. So, I'll allow you guys to call a role here in the thread and then give you 3 days to make a sheet. I consider this more then generous.

Another note: You guys aren't starting as Sailors. In keeping with the theme of Dreams, there will be a dream sequence at first that casts you guys as much more powerful heroes, then you guys will actually become Sailors/Knights in the 'real world'.

The Sailors

Mercury: Claimed by Yguishogun
Venus:Held for MelissaArtemis
Moon: Claimed for MaiMizzu
Mars:Open
Jupiter:Claimed by Sinestra
Saturn:Open
Uranus: Open
Neptune:Open
Pluto: Claimed by Wolfy
The Knights
Mercury:Claimed by Jefepato
Venus:Open
Terra:Claimed by apygoos
Mars:Held for eliteempite.
Jupiter:Claimed by TheBlackThorne
Saturn:Open
Uranus: Open
Neptune:Open
Pluto: Open

[b]Name:[/b]Obvious
[b]Player:[/b]You!
[b]Age:[/b]18-21 please. I want you guys college aged.
[b]Gender:[/b] This matters more then the Vital Stats and gets its own section.
[b]Vital Statistics:[/b]This is everything from height, weight, blood type, eye color, hair color, to more. Be as verbose or as light as you like.
[b]Appearance:[/b]Images are great, descriptions are also great, combination of the two is even better!
[b]Skills:[/b] These are mundane, non-magical skills that your character is good at. Can he fix automobiles like a champ? Can she cook as well as Gordon Ramsay? List them here.
[b]Personality:[/b] How do you act? Why do you do what you do? I do have one caveat to this-if you want to play a somewhat shy individual, give them some sort of reason to go out and do heroic stuff. The Light doesn't want wallflowers, they want people who will act.
[b]Backstory:[/b] Gimme some history man! At least one paragraph, but don't stop there-the more, the better! Even better if you toss me a couple story hooks!

[b]Sailor/Knight Identity:[/b] Which one of the nine are you?
[b]Additional Codenames:[/b] If you don't want to just go by "Sailor X/X Knight", put extra names here.
[b]Heroic Appearance:[/b] How do you look in your transformed state? I'm being a little flexible with costumes here: While those skirts that are so short they redefine the term "Moon Power" are great, if you want something different, go right ahead. Stick to the 'theme' of your powers/planet, however-Sailor Mercury looking like she just stepped off the set of the latest sci-fi epic works for her, but probably wouldn't work for, say, Sailor Saturn.
[b]Attacks:[/b] These are magical attacks-above and beyond what your character can do normally. Again, keep with your planet's theme-Mercury sticks to water type attacks, Mars does the fire thing, and so on.
[b]Powers:[/b] Right now, leave this blank. These are the super awesome "Dream" powers you guys get access to. I will be handing these out, so again, leave this blank.

[b]Extra:[/b] Did I miss anything? Want to add something? Add it here.

OOC here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228280.0

Characters here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228281.0
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Yukina

I may not now much about Sailor Moon past season one, but I'd like to join. :)

Eliteempire

I'd actually be interested in it. I watched the Original series as a kid.

Angie

Oh, forgot to mention for the interested-expect things to be a lot darker. People will die. On the upside, you'll get to straight up kill the bad guys, so the darkness is a double edged sword-I get to be a dick, you get to be a dick right back.

Yukina

*pulls out lawn-chair and popcorn* You had me at darkness. :)

Eliteempire

Angie

A little more explanation-the Sailors/Knights (dudes are gonna get in on the fun too) will eventually gain the ability to draw power from the Dreams of the people. The bad guys in this case are grabbing the power of Fear and Nightmares and trying to drag them into reality, so to fight back, the heroes get to do the exact opposite. The more Hope the heroes spread, the more powerful they are. The more Fear the bad guys spread, the harder your job is. And since the power comes from Dreams/Nightmares made real, there's going to be some fun stuff. The heroes might, for example, get the power to transform into powerful creatures, summon hordes of minions for themselves, or just have really big badass magical abilities. By the time all is said and done, the world will not be the same.

Dimir

I would love to join this. :) I've seen the entire original Japanese anime, have most of the manga and character plushies and love numerous characters from the series. However I'm perfectly okay with playing as an OC. Just mentioning these details to prove how excited I would be to join this. ^^
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

Angie

So so far, we have three (wasn't Drow in here at some point?), I hope we get some more.

ragingspeed

Eliteempire

May i ask if your evil that you farm ppls fears.

Angie

Not entirely sure if I'm going to allow players to be the bad guys. Keeping all the evil on my side of the "GM's Screen" allows me to keep a lot more secrets...

Eliteempire

Well can players fall? Cause gibbing the enemy is can be hopeful if it saves people. Or a nightmare if they do it too publicly and evil and thus is a slippery slope. Apologies if my grammar is crap right now. I currently dont have a computer and this is all phone typed.

Angie

It's fine-anyway, yes, not only can the heroes fuck up incredibly but so can the bad guys. And likewise, the heroes can succeed incredibly well and so can the bad guys. However, depending on some of the choices the heroes make, the bad guys might encounter absolutely no opposition to a small part of a bigger plan (when it comes to the big, 11th hour type stuff, there will be no choices it's "GET YOUR ASS OVER THERE", but sometimes you guys might be stretched thin and have to decide what to let slip the net).

Eliteempire

Is there gonna be any any sailor/knight NPC's on our team?

Angie

I won't know til we get a little farther in.

Eliteempire

Wolfy

Sinestra

SO the big question, original character or canon characters?

Because I will stabby-stab Cthulhu himself to be Sailor Jupiter/Makoto :) (But I can also do Original of course)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Angie

Quote from: Sinestra on April 14, 2015, 12:13:42 AM
SO the big question, original character or canon characters?

Because I will stabby-stab Cthulhu himself to be Sailor Jupiter/Makoto :) (But I can also do Original of course)

Originals-but that doesn't mean you can't be so close to Jupiter you might as well be Makoto anyway.

Alright, I have gauged enough interest-I will be updating the original post with much more setting detail and an honest to Serenity character sheet.

Yukina

Angie

Yukina

Wolfy

Angie

Did I not just say you could? Of course you can call it, but you're on the clock now. Will update the list!

Also I know Pluto's supposed to be guarding The Guardian on the Edge of Forever (I know that's not the name, but fuck it, it might as well be The Guardian!), we can ignore that.