News:

Main Menu

SafeRoadMaps

Started by Spookie Monster, September 15, 2008, 05:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

The people who run SafeRoadMaps say it better than I can, so:

This website is a ground-breaking tool that combines information from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System with Google Maps to give you a visual representation of traffic safety across the entire nation.  With this system, you can enter an address and view the roads that have the highest number of traffic fatalities in a specified area.  You can also view dynamically generated maps that show how public policy has been implemented to improve transportation safety by region.  Our hope is that this site brings both increased safety and awareness to transportation policy makers and private citizens.

It appears as though they're still compiling data, but I sense that as time goes on the website will become more and more comprehensive.  Maybe you'll find it theoretical; maybe you'll find it practical.  Maybe you'll find it worthwhile; maybe you'll find it worthless.  Whatever the case, please drive safely! :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Storiwyr

Wow. That's really cool!

How interesting.

Though I found an accident I think may have been recorded falsely. Five people in the car ... two of whom were 99 year old women, both survived while a 23 year old male was killed.
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

Spookie Monster

Nice catch, Storiwyr!  That's peculiar indeed.  If you haven't dropped the people who run the site an e-mail about it, I encourage you to do so!

Thanks for the reply! :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~