I'm a Scientologist

Started by Sabby, March 29, 2009, 08:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Feel free to move this if its been placed in the wrong forum.

Snipped by admin. ~T

Ptolemy

Ptolemy

Quote from: Ptolemy on April 02, 2009, 07:03:36 AM
What a bunch of PR hokey.

Whoops, I didn't watch the video to the end, I thought it was a video I've seen a long time ago. This is pretty funny, in fact. :D

Inkidu

I was actually in Books-A-Million buying the new Steven L. Kent book and I saw E. Hubbard books in the sci-fi section. Conversation that follows.

Me: Isn't that the guy who propagated that esoteric Scientology religion?
Brother: No he didn't really mean it to be a religion.
Me: Really, I was sure that's what it was?
Brother: Eh.
Me: No wonder I can't find my book though, these belong in the religion section, God Books-A-Millions organization sucks.

I was very ticked it took me a long time to find the book because it was behind a vampire book and I refused to believe it would be.   
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Will

"...And I wasn't just standing there looking, or gaping..."

"I was murdering dolphins with my bare hands for their delicious pancreases."

*spews milk, falls over, cramps up laughing*
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on April 02, 2009, 07:38:20 AM
I was actually in Books-A-Million buying the new Steven L. Kent book and I saw E. Hubbard books in the sci-fi section. Conversation that follows.

Me: Isn't that the guy who propagated that esoteric Scientology religion?
Brother: No he didn't really mean it to be a religion.
Me: Really, I was sure that's what it was?
Brother: Eh.
Me: No wonder I can't find my book though, these belong in the religion section, God Books-A-Millions organization sucks.

I was very ticked it took me a long time to find the book because it was behind a vampire book and I refused to believe it would be.

I'd actually heard that Scientology was the result of a bet between L. Ron and Heinlein about creating a religion.  Frankly, I find Church of All Worlds more palatable.

Having read exactly two of Hubbard's books (Battlefield Earth and the first of that god-awful dekology), I'd still call them science fiction, even if they are among the very few books that I've just had to put down without finishing.  In the same way, I separate Uncle Isaac's Foundation series from his extensive non-fiction books.

Hubbard was far more financially successful as a religious writer (and I think the financial aspect was his goal), but he did write (if not well) in both genres.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Witcher

I think Hubbard said in a interview "I should start a religion that's were the real money is" but that might have just been a internet meme

Oniya

The name 'Dianetics' purportedly came from his daughter's name because 'If God can have a religion named after his son...'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Dark Raven

*snicker*  If I have to pick a religion based on a sci-fi book, I'll take All Worlds every time...at least it makes sense imho.

And..it's Heinlein...he kicks patootie.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Sabby

Scientologists apparently know Ghost Magic. *is reminded of Clive Barkers Jericho*

purpleartemis00

Quote from: The Witcher on April 13, 2009, 02:41:45 AM
I think Hubbard said in a interview "I should start a religion that's were the real money is" but that might have just been a internet meme
Nope that has been directly attributed to Elron Hubbard, not a internet rumor.

Will

I just watched this video again... I laughed even harder.  Ghost magic, hehehehe.

Thanks for sharing, Sabbat! ;D

- Jack Kerouac

MercyfulFate

Scientology, scary stuff.

Gunslinger

Why is it that when you look at scientologists they do nice things, help people in need and your like "wow thats pretty cool, they do stuff to improve peoples lives, that's not bad"

But when you see what they believe in kinda makes you go "What?... wow... ok... really? ... I gotta go"
???

Sabby

Thats not why Scientology is scary dude. Do a youtube search for "The Unfunny Truth about Scientology"

Silk

These guys are out of this world and not in a good way.

"It really is better than fucking the rings of saturn!"

sure is buddy...

Will

This video is a parody, the "ghost magic" guy is making fun of them.  The unaltered original video is also on Youtube.

- Jack Kerouac

setojurai

And yet Tom Cruise is still locked in Cartman's closet.

COME OUT OF THE CLOSET TOM!  WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!

Maaske

My god, don't we just love the Scientologists? HAHAHA

Space cum in my veins, I lol'd, HARD.

Rofl, this is hilarious, thanks for putting that up.

PhantomPistoleer

Aww, Scientologists get such a bad rap for having equally inane ideas such as, a cosmically powered zombie that will reemerge to save all of humanity, a weather-controlling father-God consummated with a white swan to create progeny, life is a physical manifestation of an eternal wheel that reacts to choices gauged by a mutually-agreed to set of suggestive rules, etc.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

The Overlord

I’ve head a lot of this and that regarding Scientology, some of which, all, or none may be true.

What I do know is that after watching that interview that Tom Cruise gave last year, he is either batshit fucking loco on his own, the church did it and gave him Superman complex, or perhaps all of the above.  ::)

Nadir

I don't like this. It is far too much like the 'humorous' propaganda cartoons Germany produced about Jewish people before WWII. These people made a choice to follow this religion. I am sickened that a person's spiritual beliefs, however ridiculous they sound, are the subject of crude jokes. 

Sabby

Quote from: Eden on May 18, 2009, 06:42:51 PM
I don't like this. It is far too much like the 'humorous' propaganda cartoons Germany produced about Jewish people before WWII. These people made a choice to follow this religion. I am sickened that a person's spiritual beliefs, however ridiculous they sound, are the subject of crude jokes.

Ya know, this kind of reaction actually promotes racial devides and such even more >___> I'm really getting tired of it.

Scientology is just as stupid as Christianity, and thats we parody both of them. But right now, its difficult for me to find humor in Scientology, now that their many crimes are coming to the surface. Theres a difference between a church and a cult. Cults ruin lives on purpose, Churches by accident.

Ramster

It may be easy to say, "Oh, someone else will summon the seven dragons of reggae," but if I don't. who will?  O8)
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Sabby

Quote from: ramster on July 07, 2009, 08:06:09 AM
It may be easy to say, "Oh, someone else will summon the seven dragons of reggae," but if I don't. who will?  O8)

*See's the afro at the end and spits out his Pepsi*