A game sooooooooo short..

I finished BOTH sides in one evening.

Good game.. just.. shooooorrrt.

Violence

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 01, 2011, 03:22:06 AM
A game sooooooooo short..

I finished BOTH sides in one evening.

Good game.. just.. shooooorrrt.

Agreed.  It makes me think they made sure you couldn't skip the dialogue scenes just to pad it out...  I've only had about 12 actual hours of game time, I've already finished one playthrough (Aimi - Shadow Matter - Brotherhood) and I'm more than halfway through my other two... @_@ and that's including a big chunk of hours just replaying missions for XPs and to find hidden stuff that I didn't really even need.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Violence on October 01, 2011, 06:59:13 PM
Agreed.  It makes me think they made sure you couldn't skip the dialogue scenes just to pad it out...  I've only had about 12 actual hours of game time, I've already finished one playthrough (Aimi - Shadow Matter - Brotherhood) and I'm more than halfway through my other two... @_@ and that's including a big chunk of hours just replaying missions for XPs and to find hidden stuff that I didn't really even need.

Don't get me wrong.. it was fun.. I've done Ami (Shadowmatter) Both missions.. got like all but 3 X-genes and 1 costume but my god.. I'm at like 40/50 achievements in one sitting.. I could have done X-Treme and only had 9 more to go.

Violence

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 01, 2011, 10:37:54 PM
Don't get me wrong.. it was fun.. I've done Ami (Shadowmatter) Both missions.. got like all but 3 X-genes and 1 costume but my god.. I'm at like 40/50 achievements in one sitting.. I could have done X-Treme and only had 9 more to go.

I wish I were getting achievements... I got it on PS3 (so a friend could borrow it) so I'm just getting trophies. >.< *achievement whore*

I agree.  I've been having all kinds of fun with it.  Especially my playthrough as Grant (Density Control - leaning X-Men), his character turned out to be really fun to listen to his dialogue.  X-Treme isn't really that hard, either, at least not with the Shadow Matter powers.  It kinda sucks trying to run X-Treme with the energy projection... @_@
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Violence on October 02, 2011, 12:54:38 AM
I wish I were getting achievements... I got it on PS3 (so a friend could borrow it) so I'm just getting trophies. >.< *achievement whore*

I agree.  I've been having all kinds of fun with it.  Especially my playthrough as Grant (Density Control - leaning X-Men), his character turned out to be really fun to listen to his dialogue.  X-Treme isn't really that hard, either, at least not with the Shadow Matter powers.  It kinda sucks trying to run X-Treme with the energy projection... @_@

I've noticed Surge's Offensive/Defensive powers help A LOT.. everything stuns with them.

Sabby

Wow, this looks terrible... I wish they'd make a game of X-Men Evolution. That had all the awesomeness with less of the silly costumes.

LunarSage

The comic book costumes are the best part of X-Men.  *nods sagely*

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Sabby

I'd rather have Sabertooth looking like a 7 foot tall metalhead in a duster with claws and fangs, then.... uhg. This is the cartoon.

Sabertooth looks like he's naked with a rug on his bag and a lions mane on his dick, with topless Sauron helmet and flashdance hair .__.

Now he still looks like an animal AND someone you could conceivably meet one day in real life and probably shit yourself during.

Jag

I think Gambit missed out on the costume upgrade for Evolution. Toad and Avalanche's costumes weren't that awesome either. >.>

The hubby got this game. Beat it in less than a day and found it very boring. So he returned it and used the cash in to buy a new game. I forgot to tell him that I wanted a go at it, so yeah, I missed my chance to try it out for myself. *shrugs*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Sabby

Hahaha, yeah, I noticed that xD Avalanche would have looked pretty neat if not for the Swat helmet/fish bowl thing, but I would so do Toad if he learned some hygiene skills >.>

On topic, there needs to be an X-Men game where you design your own Mutant, join Bayville, and choose Institute or Brotherhood. Sort of a day by day RPG.

Jag

Quote from: Sabby on October 02, 2011, 06:41:43 PM
...but I would so do Toad if he learned some hygiene skills >.>

Good to know I'm not the only one that thought about that. >.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Violence

Now, I'll be the first to agree that Evolution was the absolute best use of the X-Men characters... but most of them were wearing pretty much the same costumes they wore in the comics around the time it was on the air.

But the reason you'll never see a game based on Evolution is because it's (a) been off the air for almost 10 years, and (b) was ultimately not an especially popular series... at least not during it's time on TV.  Though I do think there was a game based on the franchise, but I'm not really 100% certain on that.  Bayville as a setting was only ever used in that series, so it's unlikely you'd get a game set there.

On topic of this game::
I've finished 3 playthroughs... and was working on finishing up my X-Treme difficulty playthrough... and I just have to say:  Seriously, whoever decided you wouldn't be able to skip dialogue or cutscenes needs to be punched in the neck. >.>

Capone

That was probably Denis Dyack's choice.

I was a fan of Too Human, so I'm willing to give this game the benefit of the doubt despite the critical slam it has received. However, the length (or lack thereof) really does have me feeling like I should wait for Black Friday. There will inevitably be overstock, and I might be able to snag it for around $30 or so.