Jade Dragons & Hungry Ghosts ( Lesbian wuxia - accepting characters )

Started by Dhi, June 22, 2015, 03:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

If you don't mind a quick word, there's an RPG called Qin that is a mythic China game, and designed for pretty much the setting you have here (if somewhat more serious) It has quite a lot of cool stuff for internal and external alchemy, the ghost busting arts of the Fang Shi, and a variety of wuxia martial and athletic abilities. It might provide some pretty good background for you to pillage :)

I'd enjoy playing this myself, but I don't know that I could write a convincing female character :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Chrystal

Hey, thanks guys.

Vin, thanks for this one!

Quote from: Dhi on June 24, 2015, 07:39:44 AM
Absolutely. The background you pitched to me is a great fit for wuxia, although working at the schools (each of which are remote from Pai Sun, as martial arts schools tend to be) and living in Pai Sun would represent quite a commute. It's not impossible, especially in the realm of wuxia, for a hard-working girl to bring pails of water each day to the four schools, scrub the floors, and still have time for rest. It's the amazing, impossible kind of stories that precede kung fu masters. But if you want something closer, something less fantastical, perhaps she no longer works on school grounds.

Okay, given that I was originally going to resurrect my halfling thief character for your other idea, how about if she used to work at the school, but got fired for petty pilferage and now "works" as a cut-purse in the town?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Dhi

Quote from: Chrystal on June 24, 2015, 04:20:47 PM
Okay, given that I was originally going to resurrect my halfling thief character for your other idea, how about if she used to work at the school, but got fired for petty pilferage and now "works" as a cut-purse in the town?
Definitely possible. There will be a lot of purses in Pai Sun at the time of the Paper Boat Festival, which brings in people from all over.

Here's some more setting information to start things off.

The village of Pai Sun lies along the fictional Bamboo River, where a rural class of people live as farmers and fishermen. Upriver sits the sister village of An Yung, the "Silver Garden" of the Imperial Ministry, and downriver is located Mu Rim, an important Imperial garrison for the Dragon Wall. Once, the manor of Lord Chiang was a bastion against the barbarians beyond the wall, before their great number forced its construction. Now the village's troubles come in the form of smugglers without qualms of kidnapping farmer's daughters, from the Taoist cult of the Black Crane who conduct death rituals in the ancient places of the river valley, and from the jealous Lim family of An Yung, who have long opposed Lord Chiang.

Meandering garden stone paths wind through the fast-growing bamboo sprigs to connect dozens of small shops, shrines, and leisure halls at the heart of the village, where the hard-working people of Pai Sun- as well as their lazy layabout sons and daughters- gather year round. Placid paths lined by stone lanterns branch out from the heart of the town through its green farmland, crossing Buddhist lillypad ponds on stone bridges and admiring slow churning water wheels as they grind the day's rice down into flour. One such water wheel is still now, as the mill is instead turned by a lone prisoner who is said to be an enslaved demon.

The old levees around the Bamboo River mark like the rings of a tree the many centuries and many tides Pai Sun has existed here. Its traditions date back to a time of animism, before the Imperials came to enforce order, and legends abound abotu the formation of the river delta by dragon claws scratching for the clay with which to make man, about the melting ice kingdoms which filled the valleys with fog, about the wangliang ogres who predated humankind, and about the mischievous bajang who sprout from the forest trees like fruit to do evil.

Each year, the friendship between Pai Sun and its sister village is celebrated in a festival of exotic markets, purification in the Bamboo River, and exchange of gifts. This year, the theme of the festival is the settling of old debts, as Lord Chiang's only daughter, the elegant Nam Seon, is arranged to marry into the Lim family and end the old feud. In the evenings of the festival, the paper boats which give the Paper Boat Festival its name arrive from An Yung bearing candies, small tokens, well wishes, and even confessions of desire. From here, a new wave of paper boats is set adrift from Pai Sun to the soldiers in Mu Rim, thanking them for their service with sticky rice treats, letters, and perfumed mementos.

With so much on his plate, the honorable Lord Chiang does not often concern himself with the quarrels of the rival schools as they spill into the leisure halls of Pai Sun, onto its garden paths. Occasionally, these pugilists will cross the line by harming innocents or defaming the Lord's name. Here is where the Judges enter, agents in the Lord's employ authorized to extract confession by any means deemed necessary. A confessed criminal could expect to be shipped beyond the Dragon Wall to serve in the Legion, or, per her right, to win a trial by combat for her freedom.

Dhi

Here are a few NPCs to help spark ideas.

The elegant Nam Seon
School: Emei
Element: Wood
The Lord's headstrong daughter has long lived cloistered in Pai Sun. Now urged to marry into the Lim family to settle an old debt, Nam Seon has become suddenly determined to experience the world. That her father forbids it has only made Nam Seon more devious and crafty. She is a young woman born into wealth with both a sense of entitlement and an air of nobility, at heart wishing to abandon her duty to her father and Pai Sun and pursue a life of pleasure. Her build is graceful, her footsteps small and soft, and her lustrous black hair is said never to have been cut by an opponent's blade.

Scholar Lin Sung
School: Kongtong
Element: Metal
Coming from the Imperial village of An Yung is an ambitious official seeking to cut her teeth on reporting the many failures of Lord Chiang's rule. In documenting the laziness of its workers, the rampancy of its criminal element, and the callous behavior of its kung fu masters, Lin Sung hopes to secure an illustrious position in the capital. She is a mature woman with a pragmatic view of honor and a willingness to do most anything to get ahead. Being shackled to a desk job has left her on the curvy side, with many little nervous quirks.

Judge Li Shin
School: Shaolin
Element: Fire
A young Legalist with a hot temper, Li Shin stands firm to keep the peace during the Paper Boat Festival. Since at the Lord's insistence she is made not to intervene in honorable quarrels, Li Shin seethes to assert herself as true champion of Pai Sun, and ultimately, to punish transgressors in her own unusual way. Ultimately the responsibility of Judge has come too early in Li Shin's life, and she often makes mistakes or allows teasing to get the better of her. She is a sinuous, lithe woman with snakelike movements able to send shivers down the spine.

Kadigan

So is it at profile stages yet?  I didn't see a template if it was.

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 24, 2015, 10:14:30 AM
Oooh can I claim this one?

One of my favorites.  Go right ahead, she's yours.

Shin Min is definately Earth.

Dhi - Being that Lin Sung is Metal I think it might be fun for her and Shin Min to meet at some point.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhi

No official character sheet yet, though it sounds like I should start accepting them!

Crash

Going to use this as the image for Shin Min-hee's personal nemesis

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Vercile

RedPhoenix

Hmmm reading through other people's ideas I think the merchant's daughter might lead to more fun interactions as the graceful and skilled bodyguard for her father's business.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Vercile

I'm gonna wait for the game's Character Sheet before I lock in anything :)

Crash

Quote from: Vercile on June 24, 2015, 06:51:18 PM
Oof! I love it <3

Thanks

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 24, 2015, 01:29:40 PM
Oi, lots of players...I worry I won't be able to keep up with the rest of you, I might have to pull out of this one...

Angie - I don't post very fast so don't worry about keeping up.

Crash

What I have so far...will format it when Dhi gets us a character sheet

Name: Shin Min hee
Player: Crash
Concept: Taoist Alchemist and wandering goodie-goodie
Trouble:  Ancestor thieving sorceress of an ex-lover
School: Wudang
Element: Earth
On’s: On’s 
Off’s: Off’s 

Appearance:
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’ 3”
Weight: 120 lbs

Personality:
Chivalrous: Shin Min-hee is honor-bound to help those in need. She protects those who cannot help themselves.  She is also a sucker for a good damsel in distress story which can get her into all sorts of trouble.  This can often put her on the wrong side of the law if the law is failing in their duty.

Helpful: Shin Min-hee does not just protect people with her fists.   She is also a Taoist alchemist and knows the arts of herbology and healing.  She is adept at acupressure and massage as well.  Shin Min has helped as many if not more with her healing concoctions than with her wudang and there are villages along the Bamboo River that know her only as a travelling healer.

Respectful  Growing up in the village that she did Shin Min-hee has always had a healthy respect for her elders and her ancestors.  This was reinforced by her masters at the Seonjo temple.  Even though Shin Min focused on the internal Tao of Neidan, the temples focus on the spirits of Jeju and their ancestors has bred a young woman with a healthy respect for those that came before her.

Balanced Shin Min-hee’s training focuses on the balance of the three treasures of Jing (essence), Qi (breath) and Shen (spirit).  She strives to maintain this balance in all things which means indulging her desires as much as it means setting them aside when needed.

Martial Art:
The internal arts of Seonjo wudang endeavor to perfect the golden crucible within its practitioners.  When perfect this allows the martial artist to resist extremes of temperature, discomfort and pain.  A Seonjo master is never sick and lives to an age unheard of by normal men and women.  Practitioners of Seonjo wudang are easy to pick out as they often wear little in the way of clothing so that then can test their bodies against the elements. This is an ancient custom and accepted by most as an indication of membership in the Seonjo school.  Seonjo martial artists often attach benedictions to their ancestors to their silken clothing in honor of them.

The perfection of balance sought by Seonjo martial artists results in feats of prowess that border on the supernatural.  A Seonjo martial artist can leap incredible distances or run across a pond without disturbing the water’s surface.  The fighting style of Seonjo wudang utilizes flowing movements and harsh open handed strikes to weave among foes.  Favorite weapons of Seonjo wudang include fighting sticks, butterfly swords, spears and bo-staffs.  Some techniques include Thousand Ancestor Stride, Ghost Tiger Palm and Cloud-Ascending Ladder.

Background:
Early Tragedy
Shin Min was born in a village so tiny it didn’t have a name.  It was a poor village near the forest of Jeju.  The forest had a bad reputation as haunted, but Shin Min’s village seemed to suffer no ills from it.  This was explained by the village’s dedication to their ancestors who it was believed protected them from the ghosts of Jeju.  Despite the poverty of her village Shin Min was a happy child who played with her best friend Yu Fan-fay along the forest edge and in the rice paddies tended with care as their ancestors had done.  This pastoral tranquility was shattered by an imperial patrol sent to Jeju to assess the forest for harvesting lumber.  Shin Min village welcomed them with open arms giving the soldiers what food they had and entertained them with song and drink. 

The soldiers took advantage of the village’s hospitality and when they tried to take advantage of some of the village girls the elders reminded the soldiers of their duty.  The soldiers cut them down for their “disrespect” as they did with the rest of the village.  Shin Min and Yu Fan-fay escaped into Jeju.  When the soldiers attempted to follow they were chased off by the ghosts of Jeju swearing never to return to such a cursed place.  They told their commander that the village was attacked by the evil spirits of the forest and that it and the forest should be left alone.

Training
Shin Min-hee and Yu Fan-fay became lost in the Jeju for what seemed like forever before coming to the old vine covered wall of the Seonjo temple.  The Taoist masters had long cared for Jeju and the spirits within.  Long ago the forest had been cursed and the Seonjo masters worked to slowly undo this vile work and release their former ancestors from their torment.  The two orphan girls were taken in by the school and began their studies of the Tao with the school’s masters.  Shin Min possessed great balance with her and a respect for her ancestors that impressed her teachers.  She began her journey of the three treasures and her internal exploration of the golden crucible within herself.  Yu Fan-fay was bitter at her ancestors and sought her balance among the studies of the external alchemies of the Seonjo masters.  Despite their obvious differences Shin Min and Yu Fan-fay were even by the other’s side and they only grew closer as they grew older.  It was her love of Yu Fan-fay that blinded Shin Min to the bitterness Yu Fan-fay harbored in her heart toward the ancestors she felt failed to protect their village. 

Betrayal
Yu Fan-fay delved into the forbidden lore of the school’s former masters and learned how to entrap and control the ghosts of her ancestors.  She used her alchemy to bind the ghosts of their old village to her will and with their help Yu Fan-fay hunted down the soldiers that harmed their village and slaughtered many of them binding their ghosts to her as well.  Shin Min found out about the dark sorceries Yu Fan-fay was practicing and confronted her lover, pleading for her to stop and beg their master’s forgiveness.  It was these same arts that had cursed Jeju hundreds of years ago and Yu Fan-fay had undone much of the work the school had been working towards.  Shin Min wanted justice too, but not at the expense of the spirits of their ancestors.  Yu Fan-fay refused to end her quest for vengeance and was angered that Shin Min was unhappy with what she was done.  They fought that night for what seemed like hours until Shin Min was able to gain the upper hand, but could not strike her former lover down.  Yu Fan-fay summoned the ghosts of Shin Min’s family to fight on her behalf.  With Shin-Min unwilling to harm her family Yu Fan-fay used the distraction to escape.

Pai Sun
Determined to put an end to Yu Fan-fay’s vengeance Shin Min chose to leave Seonjo before her training was complete.  She has wandered the Bamboo River looking for any signs of Yu Fan-fay and the remaining soldiers that massacred her village.  While doing so Shin Min has continued to hone the skills her master taught her and uses them to help others be that defending the innocent or healing the sick.  Recently she has come to the village of Pai Sun based on rumors that some of the remaining soldiers had been given positions in the honorable Lord Chiang’s guard and where ever rumors of the soldiers cropped up Yu Fan-fay was rarely far behind.  Her inquiries into the soldiers and a certain dark haired young woman garnered the attention of an ambitious scholar (Lin Sung) intent on documenting the failings of Pai Sun’s ruler Lord Chiang.

Lady Kitsune

I haven't found an image I like but so far my story is probably going to go the route of Korean vicious court politics. I think a young princess of a third Queen who is gaining favor from the King over the First Queen who has yet to bear a son. Since the third Queen is still of good childbearing age, the jealous First and Second Queen plot backstabbing and poisoning to kill the Third Queen and her daughter who at the moment is the only heir. Hence, the Third Queen finds out about it and sends her daughter off with her trusted hwarang guard who goes into hiding with the child. She grows up, has mad skills and plots vengeance for the death of her mother and take her rightful place at court....or something like that. I'm still working on it in my head.  :P
I am working on it, I swear!

Zaer Darkwail

Lots players indeed :P. Considering I got other things on plate (busy), so I will not have time to make the char and so unlikely play also. But anyone feel free pick my idea of grinning monk school ;).

Crash

Hairy - I have that game.  I will have to take a look at it.

Kadigan

Dhi seemed to like it, so...basic stuff, obviously without a standard format or template.

Name:  Mei Sha
Height: Tall
Build: Lithe
Home: Wúqióng Desert

Style/Skill: Tumbling Pebble Style, A branch of Shaolin – A style that emphasizes kicking strikes and blocks over the fists. It depends on one’s flexibility and quickness, often the most proficient users are the ones who can bend and twist. A series of exercises exist to help with the stretching and pulling necessary. The fists and arms are used, but mainly for quick jabs and blocking, the more powerful and deadly strikes come from the legs, shins, and knees. The lower body is almost always in motion during a fight with this style. 

Bio: Mei was born to a nomadic desert tribe, who often skirted the edge of the desert, venturing into the grassy plains only to raid the supplies, food, and water of the villages foolish enough to build upon the edge. They also participated in trade, several valuable metals and gems being found only in hidden areas of the desert that were well kept secrets. In her tribe you either helped maintain the main camp with gathering of supplies or were sent on raids, depending on skills possessed.

Mei showed an aptitude for the martial arts at an early age, and was placed into the lessons with the aging master, along with dozens of others. While there were stronger, there were quicker, and more proficient, she was perhaps the best at a balance of all things, making her a force to be reckoned with. Once of age enough to begin participating in raids, she at first was a scout, a small beggar child seeking out defenses, where things were stored amongst others, necessitating a bit of play acting.  Later years saw her doing some trading with the villages they were friendly with, as her body seemed to put others at both ease and distraction. She of course honed her skills on raids themselves, striking out at whoever and whatever she could, often picking out the Captain of the Guards on the larger villages to challenge, to test herself.

It was during one raid of a small border town she saw the announcement, the desert girl came across a realization that she simply no longer wished to be a part of the tribe. It was all simply a large circle, go attack and return. She wanted more out her life, and more FOR her life. Gathering her fair share, along with a few others, from the raid (one often carried all they possessed into a raid, as being split up was a very real possibility) she simply stole away in the aftermath, finding it easier to simply move on then say her goodbyes.

Notes: Mei has no compulsions either way of “honorable combat” though she understands the concept she simply does not believe it. Fights are meant to be won, and if someone gets up they might win. Therefore kicking when down is perfectly acceptable. She carried small daggers to aid in the raids, though often times would forgo it in favor of her martial arts, and also has a small pouch of ground glass mixed with sand. She is also perfectly willing to stab someone in the back, a rare anomaly for a close knit desert people, and connections and bonds mean very little to her beyond “what can you do for me.” She finds both men and women attractive, but only those who again fall into the previous category.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Dhi

Here's the character sheet format we'll be using. Chinese character encoding is standard for everyone now, right? I think it's standard... if it's not, this may look ugly!

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8]<URL for optional character image goes here>[/img][/float]
[b]名字 Name :[/b] <Your character's name. Family names come first>
[b]功夫 Style :[/b] <Your style of kung fu, which could be Shaolin, Wudang, Emei or Kongtong, or one of your own devising. If it's unique to your character, please describe it!>
[b]五行 Element :[/b] <Water, Metal, Earth, Wood, or Fire>
[b]喜歡 Ons :[/b]
[b]反感 Offs :[/b]

[b]高度 Height :[/b]
[b]个子 Build :[/b]
[b]描写 Description :[/b]
[b]个性 Personality :[/b]

[b]传记 Story :[/b] <A short biography. Doesn't have to be Shakespeare!>

Crash

I can see them.  Should we post them here or pm you or both?

Dhi

Whichever you're comfortable with. I'll be making a thread for you to post your approved character sheets, so if you don't want to post them in multiple places you could just PM them to me.

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on June 26, 2015, 09:42:02 AM
Whichever you're comfortable with. I'll be making a thread for you to post your approved character sheets, so if you don't want to post them in multiple places you could just PM them to me.

Sounds good.  I will format my character at some point today.

Ershin

Aww, I'm REALLY late to post interest on this, is there any room for further applicants or did I find this thread too late?

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

RedPhoenix

There is definitely still room. I will hopefully have a rough draft sheet up soon.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Crash

名字 Name : Shin Min-hee
功夫 Style : Seonjo Wudang
The internal arts of Seonjo wudang endeavor to perfect the golden crucible within its practitioners.  When perfect this allows the martial artist to resist extremes of temperature, discomfort and pain.  A Seonjo master is never sick and lives to an age unheard of by normal men and women.  Practitioners of Seonjo wudang are easy to pick out as they often wear little in the way of clothing so that then can test their bodies against the elements. This is an ancient custom and accepted by most as an indication of membership in the Seonjo school.  Seonjo martial artists often attach benedictions to their ancestors to their silken clothing in honor of them.

The perfection of balance sought by Seonjo martial artists results in feats of prowess that border on the supernatural.  A Seonjo martial artist can leap incredible distances or run across a pond without disturbing the water’s surface.  The fighting style of Seonjo wudang utilizes flowing movements and harsh open handed strikes to weave among foes.  Favorite weapons of Seonjo wudang include fighting sticks, butterfly swords, spears and bo-staffs.  Some techniques include Thousand Ancestor Stride, Ghost Tiger Palm and Cloud-Ascending Ladder.
五行 Element : Earth
喜歡 Ons : Sweet Cakes, Simple Kindness, Bathing, massage (giving or receiving), Shy and/or confident women, breast, anal play Player On’s
反感 Offs : Cruelty, disrespect, bathroom stuff, necromancy  Player Off's

高度 Height : 5'3"
个子 Build : Strong and athletic.  Shin Min-hee is curvier than you might expect Sent from my iPhone
描写 Description : Shin Min-hee has long black hair and deep thoughtful brown eyes.  She has strong shoulders and arms but thicker in her flanks than some.  She wears the thin silks of the Soenjo school that leave little protection from the elements and would be considered inappropriate by many not of her order in the amount of flesh they reveal.  Shin Min has attached a number of ribbons to her clothes with dedications to her village ancestors and a pair of ornately crafted fighting sticks hand from ties on her hips.  She is rarely seen outdoors without her bamboo hat (douli).
个性 Personality : Chivalrous, helpful, Respectful, Balanced

Chivalrous: Shin Min-hee is honor-bound to help those in need. She protects those who cannot help themselves.  She is also a sucker for a good damsel in distress story which can get her into all sorts of trouble.  This can often put her on the wrong side of the law if the law is failing in their duty.

Helpful: Shin Min-hee does not just protect people with her fists.   She is also a Taoist alchemist and knows the arts of herbology and healing.  She is adept at acupressure and massage as well.  Shin Min has helped as many if not more with her healing concoctions than with her wudang and there are villages along the Bamboo River that know her only as a travelling healer.

Respectful  Growing up in the village that she did Shin Min-hee has always had a healthy respect for her elders and her ancestors.  This was reinforced by her masters at the Seonjo temple.  Even though Shin Min focused on the internal Tao of Neidan, the temples focus on the spirits of Jeju and their ancestors has bred a young woman with a healthy respect for those that came before her.

Balanced Shin Min-hee’s training focuses on the balance of the three treasures of Jing (essence), Qi (breath) and Shen (spirit).  She strives to maintain this balance in all things which means indulging her desires as much as it means setting them aside when needed.

传记 Story :

Early Tragedy
Shin Min was born in a village so tiny it didn’t have a name.  It was a poor village near the forest of Jeju.  The forest had a bad reputation as haunted, but Shin Min’s village seemed to suffer no ills from it.  This was explained by the village’s dedication to their ancestors who it was believed protected them from the ghosts of Jeju.  Despite the poverty of her village Shin Min was a happy child who played with her best friend Yu Fan-fay along the forest edge and in the rice paddies tended with care as their ancestors had done.  This pastoral tranquility was shattered by an imperial patrol sent to Jeju to assess the forest for harvesting lumber.  Shin Min village welcomed them with open arms giving the soldiers what food they had and entertained them with song and drink. 

The soldiers took advantage of the village’s hospitality and when they tried to take advantage of some of the village girls the elders reminded the soldiers of their duty.  The soldiers cut them down for their “disrespect” as they did with the rest of the village.  Shin Min and Yu Fan-fay escaped into Jeju.  When the soldiers attempted to follow they were chased off by the ghosts of Jeju swearing never to return to such a cursed place.  They told their commander that the village was attacked by the evil spirits of the forest and that it and the forest should be left alone.

Training
Shin Min-hee and Yu Fan-fay became lost in the Jeju for what seemed like forever before coming to the old vine covered wall of the Seonjo temple.  The Taoist masters had long cared for Jeju and the spirits within.  Long ago the forest had been cursed and the Seonjo masters worked to slowly undo this vile work and release their former ancestors from their torment.  The two orphan girls were taken in by the school and began their studies of the Tao with the school’s masters.  Shin Min possessed great balance with her and a respect for her ancestors that impressed her teachers.  She began her journey of the three treasures and her internal exploration of the golden crucible within herself.  Yu Fan-fay was bitter at her ancestors and sought her balance among the studies of the external alchemies of the Seonjo masters.  Despite their obvious differences Shin Min and Yu Fan-fay were even by the other’s side and they only grew closer as they grew older.  It was her love of Yu Fan-fay that blinded Shin Min to the bitterness Yu Fan-fay harbored in her heart toward the ancestors she felt failed to protect their village. 

Betrayal
Yu Fan-fay
delved into the forbidden lore of the school’s former masters and learned how to entrap and control the ghosts of her ancestors.  She used her alchemy to bind the ghosts of their old village to her will and with their help Yu Fan-fay hunted down the soldiers that harmed their village and slaughtered many of them binding their ghosts to her as well.  Shin Min found out about the dark sorceries Yu Fan-fay was practicing and confronted her lover, pleading for her to stop and beg their master’s forgiveness.  It was these same arts that had cursed Jeju hundreds of years ago and Yu Fan-fay had undone much of the work the school had been working towards.  Shin Min wanted justice too, but not at the expense of the spirits of their ancestors.  Yu Fan-fay refused to end her quest for vengeance and was angered that Shin Min was unhappy with what she was done.  They fought that night for what seemed like hours until Shin Min was able to gain the upper hand, but could not strike her former lover down.  Yu Fan-fay summoned the ghosts of Shin Min’s family to fight on her behalf.  With Shin-Min unwilling to harm her family Yu Fan-fay used the distraction to escape.

Pai Sun
Determined to put an end to Yu Fan-fay’s vengeance Shin Min chose to leave Seonjo before her training was complete.  She has wandered the Bamboo River looking for any signs of Yu Fan-fay and the remaining soldiers that massacred her village.  While doing so Shin Min has continued to hone the skills her master taught her and uses them to help others be that defending the innocent or healing the sick.  Recently she has come to the village of Pai Sun based on rumors that some of the remaining soldiers had been given positions in the honorable Lord Chiang’s guard and where ever rumors of the soldiers cropped up Yu Fan-fay was rarely far behind.  Her inquiries into the soldiers and a certain dark haired young woman garnered the attention of an ambitious scholar (Lin Sung) intent on documenting the failings of Pai Sun’s ruler Lord Chiang.