Young Justice

Started by Google, May 09, 2012, 03:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDrew Spider

I like that idea and absolutely agree. We'll just have to get more players. So we'll be starting with the original team in tact?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Cold Heritage

It seems as though there is a fair bit of interest in playing non-canon characters, so why not go all the way? We could go completely with an OC universe and just use the concept of the Young Justice show - that of experienced superheroes bringing their sidekicks together to train them up for the day when they will eventually become the world's premiere heroes and heroines?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

insaneplots

I'd be all for playing a cannon role. As well as my made up I'm just better at playing the OC's I have established. I would be more for playing it in an established Verse no some made for the players with their own Characters. besides I think I'm so far the only on interested in playing my own along with one other but he's also after Tim Drake Robbin after Dick Grayson goes night-wing. Google was thinking of playing red hood from the look of it not an OC but never made known in the series Verse.

Wolfy

I'm up for this....though I'd have to think of a super-power...<_<>_>

JDrew Spider

I have no problem with OC-verse of Young Justice. I just think it's easier to determine the roles of our characters. They would have to be diverse with their own sets of skills and abilities and different backgrounds. We'll need a team leader etc..

So I guess my character will have a similar background to Artemis, since I like the idea of being raised by a criminal family, but sure! I'm game either way.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Jmorty33

So wait, now we're jumping to just OC's?
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Cold Heritage

It's just something I proposed since there seemed to be a lot of interest in playing OCs. And I think it would be better for something like insaneplots' absurdly powerful OC.

insaneplots

Power is not everything Yes Syphon Is a powerful being if played to god mode. I Know better I designed him with little understanding of his powers, and a somewhat fearful behavior to showing them off. He also has one major and notable weakness in game a telepathic character could shut him down without much trouble.

JDrew Spider

Quote from: insaneplots on May 13, 2012, 07:19:46 PM
Power is not everything Yes Syphon Is a powerful being if played to god mode. I Know better I designed him with little understanding of his powers, and a somewhat fearful behavior to showing them off. He also has one major and notable weakness in game a telepathic character could shut him down without much trouble.

*takes notes*

Spider Hole
Apologies

insaneplots

See with full understanding of his powers and no fear he could take a punch from Superman and would simply absorb every bit of kinetic energy. It would bruise but then he could If he understood it energize his muscles and shroud his body in radiation energy similar to the red sun or Kryptonite and punch back just as hard hurting him. But again that would require him as a character understanding the nature or both his powers and having sampled either form of radiation and understanding it enough to replicate it.

As it stands he could absorb the blow but not fully and would likely be knocked out with one quarter strength smack from the man'o'steel.

Cold Heritage

That's not something I'm interested in playing in the same game, and I say that as someone who enjoys playing powerful characters. Maybe I'll catch you guys next time.

insaneplots

Alternatively I have a Technpathic Character but that's one that would have to be played in alter-ego mode to start as she (yes it's a female role) has more flaws than anything else. The primary being the lack of use of her legs (bullet to the spine from some punk kid in her dad's auto mechanics shop. She's also a minor Empathic/ telepath. Very weak short range and touch based with no control.

Jmorty33

Quote from: insaneplots on May 13, 2012, 08:58:50 PM
See with full understanding of his powers and no fear he could take a punch from Superman and would simply absorb every bit of kinetic energy. It would bruise but then he could If he understood it energize his muscles and shroud his body in radiation energy similar to the red sun or Kryptonite and punch back just as hard hurting him. But again that would require him as a character understanding the nature or both his powers and having sampled either form of radiation and understanding it enough to replicate it.

As it stands he could absorb the blow but not fully and would likely be knocked out with one quarter strength smack from the man'o'steel.

Actually how you describe your characters powers there would be no way to truly harm Superman with just a punch. Sure he would probably be able to knock the wind out of him but never truly harm him. Unless his punch had some sort of magic or Kryptonite elements to it.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

insaneplots

The radiation from both a red sun(which drains a Kryptonian of it's powers.) and the radiation Elements of Green Kryptonite are what he would enshroud his body in. It wouldn't hold the same power but it would be felt. And the Radiation of the green kryptonite would keep Supes at a distance. It's in no way an unbeatable character I never stated he was In fact he's likely to start off as one of the most unreliable and unlikely powerhouses in the game. Again the Character doesn't look at his powers as a gift; it's a curse. If he absorbs too much without releasing it some way he'll go into a meltdown. and Boom.

Google

Sorry everyone, been busy for the past few days... and thats not likely to change, still want to do this, just a tad slow now
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

JDrew Spider

Yay! Google, you're back!

I'm in no serious rush either to get this off the ground, but I think we all least agreed to start at the second season.  Everything else not so sure of.

Spider Hole
Apologies

JDrew Spider

Okay, NOW I know what happened to everyone...wow.

Spider Hole
Apologies

insaneplots

I was getting too many message from facebook and it hid the notifications.

usha

Hope it's not too late, but I'm interested in this should it get off the ground!

Google

Sorry and it will get off the ground... alright lets for now start this interest check off by listing characters that people want to play, lets keep it to canon or at least DC characters for now, originals can be built in once we have a ground base built

Red Hood for myself
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

JDrew Spider

Welcome Usha!

I'll be taking Artemis :)

Spider Hole
Apologies

usha

Unless someone else has claimed her in previous pages and I missed it, I would enjoy playing Starfire. While she is not Young Justice-ish, she is DC and perhaps one of my favorite characters of all time. I can pick another if that causes issues!

Google

No reason at all she couldn't be involved in Young Justice

insaneplots

ohhh now I have to pick  A cannon I want to play and several people have made claim to some of the roles I would play hmmmm.

I forget was wildstorm bought out by dc and made part of their Continuity? If so Burnout and or Grunge.

If not....... This is always tough cause I know more Marvel and wildstorm Chars than DC. Kid Flash If he hasn't been requested already. 

Google

I want to establish canons first, once I feel we have enough I would happily open things up to OCs, the only issue that I see is the potential for unbalanced powers.