When in Rome [Complete]

Started by Valerian, September 08, 2009, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

That spring, the Emperor was making a triumphal progress, moving in stately fashion from the house of one wealthy Roman to another, in celebration of some wonderful victory on the battlefield.  The average Roman neither knew nor cared what this victory was, but all dutifully celebrated this proof of the gods continuing to smile on their Empire.

In just ten days, the Emperor would arrive at the most lavish villa of all, the home of the distinguished matron Julia Felix, widow of one of the most famous and trusted generals.  In preparation, she had invited several of her closest friends to welcome her royal guest, all true, loyal Romans -- or so she thought.

For that night, Julia Felix herself was killed as she slept.  The servants insisted that no one had entered or left the villa, and that it must have been one of those same, trusted guests that had done the deed.  There had been rumors of a plot against the emperor for months now, and it seemed that those rumors must be true.  This lavish, glorious villa hid a dark, deadly secret -- there were conspirators here, and they had to be sought out before the emperor himself arrived and fell into this terrible danger.

© 2005 Richard Ross with the courtesy of the J. Paul Getty Trust

The Players (tentative list):

• Aiden*
  • Caeli*
  • CirclMastr*
  • country*
  • Josietta*
  • Kanrya*
  • Kip*
  • LadySky*
  • Maeven*
  • Marguerite*
  • Ryven*
  • Saku*
  • Siberian*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

LadySky

*swims in orgy bathing pools*

"Oh slave boy! Bring me my fruit platter!"
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

country

Slips off his cuirass, waves off the toga, commands the new Cappadocian slave to shave his body hair.  The others are sent to bring in the amphorae, and a platter of figs with fresh licker-fish.

Aiden

While everyone is off mucking about in the baths, Aodinuous (Aiden- lol) rallies support against an imaginary threat, seizes power in the senate and calls on the dictator clause, taking control of the army and strong arming himself as emperor.

Valerian

The Rules and the Roles:

Conspirators (4)
Ability: Can choose to remove one (1) citizen each night.
Goal: To kill the other citizens and take over the villa in preparation for the emperor's visit.

Praetorian Guard (1)
Ability: Can choose to save one (1) citizen each night. If the chosen citizen was also voted to be killed by the conspirators, that person will not die.  The Guard can protect him or herself once each game.
Goal: To kill all the conspirators and survive.

Oracle (1)
Ability: Can choose to have one (1) citizen's role revealed privately to him/her each night, from the goddess of the seers (Valerian)
Goal: To kill all the conspirators and survive.

Citizens
Guests who do not have a specific goal are simply the citizens, the backbone of the Empire. Their goal is to kill all the conspirators via the lottery and survive.

Note: Please do not vote to lynch yourself.

Just as in the usual game of Mafia, any player can lie, deceive, or mislead as much as they think they can get away with, all in the name of having fun.  Please don't quote anything directly from any PMs you might send or receive regarding the game; but any information you might get that way can be repeated in your own words as much as you like.

The traditional day/night cycle will remain.  The first night, of course, Julia Felix was killed at the hands of the conspirators.  The next day, the players will vote on a character to be removed, and will discover if their choice was a wise one.  That night, the conspirators will claim another life, unless the Praetorian Guard happens to intervene.

Any rules questions can be posted in OOC or sent to me via PM.

Nota bene: The numbers above have changed!  There are now four conspirators, one guard, one oracle, and seven citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

CirclMastr

Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Josietta

*Josietta blackmails Aodinuous with proof of his treachery in exchange for power, money and sexual favors.*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

country

Estapol!  Country Australis Maximus claims 10% of all bribes and sexual favours in return for my protection.  When I work out how to claim a 10% share of power I'll be back with my lictors.

Valerian

The guests awoke to the servants' weeping and spreading the news -- Julia Felix was dead, cruelly slain in her bed.  All was in an uproar.  Clearly, someone in the villa had to be the guilty party; but who?  The guests would need to keep their wits about them, and use all their cunning and wisdom.  The emperor was on his way, expecting to find a warm, royal welcome, and any loyal citizen would wish to ensure his safety.

The conspirators had to be rooted out!

The Players:

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • CirclMastr
  • country
  • Josietta
  • Kanrya
  • Kip
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Siberian

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 7 Citizens.

You are voting for a lynch to begin, so have at it.  Morituri te salutant!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Ryven Gaius Sextius steps forward, a troupe of large burly men surrounding him.  "I believe that little evidence presents itself to make accurate claims, but since we have decided that someone must pay for this crime,  I will vote for Caeli."

Kip

A voice echoes through the villa.  "Data venia, Ryven Gaius Sextius," Kip Atius Marcellus said, pausing with a grave look on his face.  "Caeli cannot be blamed for the true villiany belongs to Marguerite.  She has never been a supporter of our great nation".

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Aiden

Adinuous woke and left his chambers with a smile upon his face, he stretched lazily as he bathed and wrapped himself in fresh cloth, oblivious of the events stirring in the villa. Approaching the two men locked in conversation and listened in on their exchange.
"I was about to wish you all a good morning, but I now know it is much better than our recently departed Julia..."
He smiled and sat down on a padded bench.
"Would it not be wise to hear what they have to say first...a chance to defend themselves?"

Valerian

Current voting:

country (4) - Josietta, Aiden, CirclMastr, Ryven
Aiden (1) - country
Caeli (1) - Kanrya
Marguerite (1) - Kip
Saku (1) - LadySky
CirclMastr (0)
Josietta (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Maeven (0)
Ryven (0)
Siberian (0)

Yet to vote: Caeli, Maeven, Marguerite, Saku, Siberian
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

LadySky Horatia Astore emerged from the bathing pools and accepted the covering offered by the slave boy she had waiting for her. The material clung to her wet body but she did not notice, uncaring if her body was revealed to all who cared to look. Joining the discussion being had by the men LadySky shook her head in sadness.

"Julia Felix was a gift to the Roman people. Her murder cannot be left unavenged. I believe Aiden is correct that we should listen to everyone. For now I keep my eyes upon Saku, she is not to be trusted I can feel it."

With that LadySky takes a seat and waits for the day to unfold.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

country

Hearing all the clamour Country Australis Maximus slipped his tunic over his head and approached the group. 

Estapol!  Are we forever to be a nation of treason and deceit, must all decisions be made at the point of a knife?  Have we not enemies enough about us that we must be forever destroying ourselves from the centre? 

Here in our midst we find treachery set loose, and we, the good citizens of Rome, patricians all, must seek recourse to remove this scourge from our midst.  Perhaps we are not all Patrician born and Romans true.  Note how quickly Aodinius was to proclaim himself as a replacement for our Emperor who, thanks be to our gods, is with us still.  Let our powers and abilities seek out the traitor as we unite in our goal to protect the emperor.

Kanrya

*slips on her toga and looks around*

I believe that it was Caeli and hopefully that is the guilty party

Josietta

Aodinius -is- an Emperor, in my bedchambers. *impish grin* However, is your rallying speech meant to make us believe you to be the utmost of followers instead of a possible sneaky assassin our midsts? Perhaps, you, country are the one responsible. Much like many who wish to gain power, you make yourself seem the perfect citizen, rallying that we uphold every Romans wish for peace. While in the cover of night, and in the bedchambers of innocents, you take out the big players in hopes of doing just the same to the Emperor and claiming the throne for yourself?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

country

Tace inepte!  How dare anyone challenge my allegiance to Roma.  What breed of mentula minutus casts aspersions on a Patrician such as Country Australis Maximus?  I, who served Rome as Imperator leading the Legions in Bithynia, Galatia and Cappadocia.  I, who provided many hundreds of talents of gold to our treasury from those defeated nations.  I, who can trace my patrician line back to the Conscript Fathers, the original founding fathers of Roma, with no trace or drop of blood other than Patrician.  I, who served many terms as a magistrate as Praetor and Consul.  I, who served in the senate as Quaestor and indeed even Princeps Senatus.   I, who wear my toga praetexta with pride, showing to the world its purple border and the dignity and distinction I have earned.

Would it not be possible that only a traitor would wish to besmirch my good name?  Would it not be plausible that only a traitor would wish to remove an enemy, an enemy as potent and dangerous as I, from their path to destroy our nation?

Perhaps we should look carefully at why one would wish to make such an allegation against me, while at the same time so quickly stepping forward to defend another.  Could it be that this action is but to defend a fellow traitor?  Look carefully to your backs my fellow countrymen.  We have much to lose.  We must remove this evil from our midst, and quickly, before we too follow Julia Felix onto the lectus funebris, that couch reserved for our body. 

Were we but in Rome so that these traitors could be thrown of the Tarpeian Rock as befits all traitors.  None the less, a fitting end will be arranged.  They shall not lie in state as does the fair lady Julia Felix.

Aiden

"Watch your tone, we are not in the forum for you to speak so freely. Your commendable service record aside, it was you who threw out accusations blindly, so...with that said Country, I do believe you have a hand in the death of or beloved Julia."
Motioning for his "empress" to approach, he moved back in his seat and offered her a place to sit as the rest gathered to the news and the morning rounds of wine.

CirclMastr

"Indeed, country, your bombastic verbosity only makes you appear arrogant and untrustworthy."
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ryven

He began to see the rather numerous votes for country pile up, and the man wondered if the others knew something he didn't.  Better to be safe now than sorry, so Ryven changed his vote to follow the others in hopes that he was doing the right thing.

Josietta

She moved over toward Aodinius and gave a warm smile settling into the offered seat. She leaned over and whispered quietly, "Me thinks the man doth protest too much."  She waited her wine and watched the masses gathering as they accused who they felt was to blame in this unexpected terrifying incident.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Marguerite

Somehow, Marguerite felt Josi was under the spell of Aodinius and pondered if Josi was in love enough to kill Julia. "She may have been competition and with her out of the way, Josi was number one."

Valerian

Current voting:

country (4) - Josietta, Aiden, CirclMastr, Ryven
Aiden (1) - country
Caeli (1) - Kanrya
Josietta (1) - Marguerite
Marguerite (1) - Kip
Saku (1) - LadySky
CirclMastr (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Maeven (0)
Ryven (0)
Siberian (0)

Yet to vote: Caeli, Maeven, Saku, Siberian
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

After listening to the "speech" LadySky decides that switching to country would be the best use of her voting power.

country

It is not the cock who stands in the forecourt crowing loudly that is to be feared.  Rather look to those jackals who skulk around the back, pointing and making sly remarks.  Look to those who call not attention to themselves.  Look to how easily they lead by innuendo. 

Be not sheep fellow Romans.  Your suspicions and accusations are misdirected.  Look carefully at those who bolster one another.  Do not lose a Roman strong and true from your midst. Bare not your breasts to the assassin's knife.

country

Josietta!  Tit for Tat although I'm not Tat damn-it.

Ryven

I change my vote back to Caeli.

Valerian

Current voting:

country (4) - Josietta, Aiden, CirclMastr, LadySky
Caeli (3) - Ryven, Kanrya, Siberian
Josietta (3) - Marguerite, country, saku
Marguerite (1) - Kip
Siberian (1) - Maeven
Aiden (0)
CirclMastr (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Maeven (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

Yet to vote: Caeli
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Saku

Saku thinks about this all and decides upon Josietta for she did seem rather guilty to her.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Josietta

I only seem guilty for being a first to point fingers at those who protest much against accusations. You see! He wants to see my tits so he can stab me just as he did Julia! He probably did the same to her. He is only jealous of my affections for my Emperor.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Marguerite

Josi, where was I when we voted for Emperor? I must have been with the orgy of men and women the past few nights distracted.

-Scratches her head-

Siberian

Gaius Gracchus (Siberian) had just returned for the Baths.  Stilitcio (his personal slave) was in attendance as he walked.

"Did you hear about the body the Vigiles found near the Forum?" the slave exclaimed.

No, but I assume you will be telling me about him," sighed Gracchus. If the man wasn't such a gossip, he would be a perfect slave.  The man kept the house running and in perfect order and seldom was anything found amiss with the other slaves work. But how tiresome his chatter could be.  Perhaps I should remove his tongue. And for the thousandth time he rejected that same thought.

"The man was found with his throat cut near through!" exclaimed the little man. "I think it was Caeli behind it!"
When Xerxes, King and God of the Persians demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms before the battle of Thermopylae, King Leonidas responded with but two words 'Molon Labe'  (Come and take them).  Will you stand for what you believe in?

"Ons and Offs"

Maeven

Upon hearing the news, that Julia Felix had died under that very roof, with all of them in attendance Maeven (I couldn't think of a good Roman name!!) was in shock.

"This is just terrible... but I did always doubt the loyalty of Siberian," she said as walked the long halls of the villa.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Aiden

Aodinius eyed the two women who simply made their decisions on their brewing jealousy, he took a hand and cupped hi "empress's" cheek for a kiss.
"Fear not love, it is jealousy that drives them..."
Looking up Marg he addressed her accusation.
"She has always been my only one."

Marguerite

Quote from: Aiden on September 18, 2009, 02:25:24 AM
Aodinius eyed the two women who simply made their decisions on their brewing jealousy, he took a hand and cupped hi "empress's" cheek for a kiss.
"Fear not love, it is jealousy that drives them..."
Looking up Marg he addressed her accusation.
"She has always been my only one."

Marguerite had to laugh at this because someone was getting a very big ego. "Sorry Aodinius but I am talking about the fact Julia may have been in love with you. I am not into men with small berries between their legs but thank you for thinking I was in love with you. Jealousy is not what I am driven by and Josi knows I hold nothing for her or you." Marguerite wondered how foolish Aodinius was to think she could ever fall for him let alone even fathom the idea of loving him. Maybe he was drinking far too much wine and needed to lay off the brew for a bit. Smiling to herself, she headed back to her home to finish the orgy she left behind to make sure Aodinius knew there was no secret admiration for him.

country

Pauses in his admiration of the wet togate Sky.  "Ahh! …  When you’ve got them, flaunt them." 

Saunter off to the spa before being sent to the showers.

Marguerite

Ryven

According to Val, Caeli hasn't voted yet.

Marguerite

Ryven

I'm not 100% sure though.  I haven't dove through the other pages to double check, so I take her info as accurate.

Marguerite

-Nods-

Just I noticed Aiden was waiting for night to pass and assumed whoever was voted in was taken out.

Josietta

I'm sure he thought the voted party had been lynched and that we were waiting on the backstabbers to do their part.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Marguerite

Caeli

Caeli, reclining lazily in a chair overseeing the garden, woke from her long nap with a yawn. Somewhat to her surprise (she really shouldn't have been; people always wanted to point fingers at the quiet ones), she found accusations of murder and conspiracy being whispered by the villa's inhabitants and visitors. The servants were a study in the state of mind of the villa - though they were still silent and inconspicuous, she noticed after only minutes that the servants were... nervous.

Ah, well. That had to be obvious; somebody had murdered Julia Felix, after all.

"I don't see what basis you have to accuse me of duplicity and murder, but I'm innocent," she declared, once she'd found the others gathered in the garden. "I think Josietta is someone to watch, though - her alibi is too pat and perfect."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Valerian

Final voting:

country (4) - Josietta, Aiden, CirclMastr, LadySky
Josietta (4) - Marguerite, country, saku, Caeli
Caeli (3) - Ryven, Kanrya, Siberian
Marguerite (1) - Kip
Siberian (1) - Maeven
Aiden (0)
CirclMastr (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
LadySky (0)
Maeven (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

And with the final vote, the little group deadlocked.  After some discussion, a second vote was called for, this time between only country and Josietta, since it seemed clear that one of them must surely be guilty.  Either that, or the gods were leading them all terribly astray.  Whatever else happened, it would be dark days ahead for this little part of the Empire.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

LadySky Horatia Astore rises from the lap she has been lounging in and announces her vote will remain with country.

After making her way to the table laden with food items she returns and slinks once more into the lap she was growing fond of. She did notice that something was poking her almost constantly, poking her in the bottom quite fiercly.....

Aiden

Aodinius pulled Josie towards him and gave her a kiss.
"As long as I live, I will make sure that Pluto can not take my empress away..."
He glared at country, making his choice if it was between him and his lover he would be the one to perish.

Marguerite

Again, when did we vote on an Emperor or Empress? I would have voted Ryven as Empress.

Josietta

Aiden

"I did not find it necessary to include outsiders within matters that occur within my private chambers, but perhaps their is no reasoning with a priestess of Indivia"
A snarl formed across his face, all those who had callously wished harm to his lover were given the same gaze.

CirclMastr

My vote remains with country as well.

Ryven

Quote from: Marguerite on September 22, 2009, 11:04:35 PM
Again, when did we vote on an Emperor or Empress? I would have voted Ryven as Empress.

Josietta

I would look stunning in a regal gown...  ^-^

Josietta

Marguerite

Quote from: Ryven on September 23, 2009, 07:59:35 AM
I would look stunning in a regal gown...  ^-^

Josietta

-Nods at Ryven and rolls eyes at Aiden's reasons-

Kip

Looking at the two options, I select Josietta.

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Valerian

Current voting:

country (4) - LadySky, Aiden, CirclMastr, Josietta
Josietta (8) - Marguerite, Ryven, Kip, Saku, country, Caeli, Maeven, Kanrya

Yet to vote: Siberian
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

Josi curls into her Emperor and sighs at the crazy state it has all come to. She gives him a kiss and looks to Miss Mar.

"We didn't vote. As I told someone previously, Aodinius is emperor of my bedchambers. Its no different than if someone called you "princess" or "queen". Its not meant as an official title in the government.  I stand by my vote for Country."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Saku

I still have my suspicions about Josietta...
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

country

How to decide.  To choose between Josietta or Country; but can't vote for myself.

Caeli

She yawned. "My vote doesn't change; it remains with Josietta."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Maeven

Noting the deadlock between country and Josietta, Maeven rests on an unoccupied bench, threading the ends of her long silken sash through her fingers.  "Josietta has turned the suspicions of many, it seems. Perhaps rumors of Aidonius' escapades with Julia Felix were in fact true and she became enraged with jealousy..."

The Cardinal Rule

Kanrya

Josietta

"You are all making a huge mistake here. But I cannot convince you otherwise at this point. I just hope you feel that knot in your stomach when you see an innocent put to death by your hands."

She looked to Aodinius then and hugged him tight placing a tender kiss to his cheek.

"I shall see you again, my Emperor, my love. I trust the gods to right this wrong, in time, they shall see."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Aiden

Once his empress had accepted her demise he looked at those who had taken her away from him.
"Sleep with one eye open and pray that the conspirators strike me down under the guise of cowards, for I shall see that all of you...conspirator or not die like the cur you all are...starting with you."
Aodinius stared venom at the Marguerite who he felt was responsible for his anguish.

Marguerite

Marguerite stared at Aodinius and spat on the ground near him. "You will not scare me with your false words. I know you are the one causing trouble amongst us all. This is for the revenge of a fallen one whose only reason for death was her competition of Josi for a small man like yourself."

Siberian

Hmm: that damned slave keeps running off at the mout and with his 'supposed' insider knowledge i suppose Josie has to go.
When Xerxes, King and God of the Persians demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms before the battle of Thermopylae, King Leonidas responded with but two words 'Molon Labe'  (Come and take them).  Will you stand for what you believe in?

"Ons and Offs"

Valerian

Final voting:

country (4) - LadySky, Aiden, CirclMastr, Josietta
Josietta (9) - Marguerite, Ryven, Kip, Saku, country, Caeli, Maeven, Kanrya, Siberian

Relieved to have a decision at last, the group hastened ahead with their plan.  Before she quite knew what was happening, Josietta was swept from her lover's arms and dragged into the courtyard.  In those lovely surroundings, she suddenly met a quick and bloody end at the point of a sword.

Her lifeless body fell to the ground, but there was no sense of relief among the guests.  For Josietta had been a loyal Citizen, and the Conspirators still roamed the halls of the villa.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • CirclMastr
  • country
  • Josietta Citizen, lynched
  • Kanrya
  • Kip
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Siberian

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 6 Citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

LadySky Horatia Astore shakes her head in disgust as an innocent is killed before her eyes. As she passes Aodinius, LadySky runs her fingers along his back softly, a show of comfort and friendship for the man who had just lost his lover. Heading to her room she chooses to pass on the drunken orgies planned for the evening, fearing the killers still amongst them all.

Aiden

He stood in shock, holding his lost love in his arms as she faded from the world. Tears ran down his face until his body felt dry, sorrow was quickly overpowered by anger. That night he would spend it digging two graves, his toga stained with dirt and blood as he worked late into the night. In secret he wished for death, to rest eternally by her side. If the gods, cruelly let him live, he would sacrifice the combined blood of the wicked and innocent until he met his own demise.

Valerian

The next day dawned grey and overcast, the gods themselves seeming to mourn the lost with a chilly mist of fine rain.  Aodinius lay collapsed at the graveside of his beloved, a second grave yawning beside her.  But it would not be Aodinius himself who filled it, in spite of his hopes, at least not yet.  He still lived; but the one who had tried to offer him comfort, LadySky, was not so fortunate.  The conspirators had slain her in the night, and once more an innocent Citizen had been lost.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • CirclMastr
  • country
  • Kanrya
  • Kip
  • LadySky Citizen, assassinated
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Siberian

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 5 Citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Siberian

That mouthy slave Really should have his tongue cut out but occasionally a pearl or two comes from his mouth. The compelling tale he told would lead me to believe that Josi is behind it all.

I therefore vote to crucify Josi

"Ons and Offs"

Ryven

Aiden

He did not bother shaving the stubble upon his chin or changing the bloody linen stained with dirt wrapped around his body. With sword and stone in hand, he sat on a bench and ran it down the blades edge until keen.
"Marguerite!!,  I hold you responsible for the innocents who have died!! Come now and accept your fate! I shall send you to the hells without eyes, tongue and heart so you may never harm another innocent!"

CirclMastr

"Marguerite was indeed the first to vote for Josietta."

Valerian

Current voting:

Marguerite (2) - Aiden, CirclMastr
Aiden (0)
CirclMastr (0)
country (0)
Caeli (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)
Siberian (0)

Yet to vote: country, Caeli, Kanrya, Kip, Maeven, Marguerite, Ryven, Saku, Siberian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

While Marg may have a tongue of acid, I don't believe she has proven anything other than her disdain for your self-proclaimed emperor status, and just because someone votes first, does not mean they are automatically assumed to be a traitor of Rome.

No, I think my vote will rest on Kip for the moment.

*He eyes the man with a smirk*

country

Life at the villa has strayed far from the original plans of feasting and celebrations to Bacchus, while awaiting the arrival of the emperor.  Orgies have been cancelled, major 'domestics' have occurred, and everyone is hurling accusations.  Aiden was first to proclaim himself an Emperor when we gathered.  Why?

Valerian

Current voting:

Aiden (4) - country, Saku, Marguerite, Kanrya
Caeli (2) - Ryven, Maeven
Ryven (2) - Kip, Caeli
CirclMastr (0)
country (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Saku (0)
Siberian (0)

Yet to vote: Siberian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Saku

I'm back!

Kip

I am most certainly innocent!

*points finger at Ryven*

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Caeli

"Well, we haven't heard any arguments that are particularly convincing of who is a conspirator, here... so Ryven is next on my list. Last year, his lover-of-the-day snubbed me at a gathering."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Ryven

*rolls his eyes at Kip*

If you say so...

Also, how is one of my lovers snubbing you proof of my supposed 'deception?'  Perhaps it is you who are grasping at straws in a feeble attempt at drawing attention away from yourself  Caeli!

Caeli

She reached out and tugged gently at a grape, pulling it free and popping it into her mouth as Ryven shouted his accusation.

"Everybody knows that when you need a political favor, you see Ryven. And considering how our families have been in a long-standing war since my grandfather's time, and it was only recently that we'd re-entered His Imperial Majesty's good graces... well, let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised to find you trying to undermine my family's rise in power, Ryven."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Ryven

I've always been skeptical about your so-called rise in power.  I've always suspected nefarious deeds had some part to play in it, and now my suspicions deepen still.  I am the one who would not be surprised if you fooled us all and killed each of us to gain this 'rise in power.'  There can be no opposition if there is no one to oppose you, isn't that correct, Caeli?

Caeli

"As much as I hate to be tactless about it, killing everybody in this room wouldn't gain me much," she responded wryly. "It would rather be a waste of effort."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Ryven

Oh, of course not, I'm sure you have others conspiring with you, and once all is said and done, the lot of you will take over what's left.  We are all some of the most powerful people in Rome.  I never expected you to try something alone, but conspiring with others behind our backs is more believable.

Marguerite

Already know I vote for Aiden.

Kanrya

Maeven

Shaking her head in disbelief at the accusations flying about, Maeven took a rest on a nearby windowsill. "Julia Felix's death was a political move as surely as the summer day is long and Caeli stands to gain the most from such a removal."

The Cardinal Rule

Valerian

OOC: In the interests of keeping things moving, I'll take us to the lynching -- no one seems likely to change at this point, and Siberian's vote wouldn't cause a tie in any case.

Final voting:

Aiden (4) - country, Saku, Marguerite, Kanrya
Caeli (2) - Ryven, Maeven
Ryven (2) - Kip, Caeli
CirclMastr (0)
country (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Saku (0)
Siberian (0)

Still stunned over the loss of his love, Aiden did not resist his captors as he was dragged off to meet his fate, though he cursed them with his last breath for their ruthless, bloody killing of Josietta.  Otherwise, he welcomed the chance to join his beloved in whatever lay beyond this world.

His end was equally bloody, but at least mercifully quick, a sword killing him cleanly.  Alas, he was no more a conspirator than his lost lover was, but a loyal Citizen of the Empire.

• Aiden Citizen, lynched
  • Caeli
  • CirclMastr
  • country
  • Kanrya
  • Kip
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Siberian

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 4 Citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The next day, after fitful, restless sleep, the guests once more awoke to find their numbers still smaller.  During the night, another innocent Citizen, Siberian, had been lost to a violent death, his blood staining the marble floor.

The situation was quickly growing desperate.  The little group huddled together, half-afraid of each other, but equally afraid to be alone in this dark place.  And there was so little time left.  Whose blood would be spilt next?

• Aiden Citizen, lynched
  • Caeli
  • CirclMastr
  • country
  • Kanrya
  • Kip
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Siberian Citizen, assassinated

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 3 Citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

As his eyes took in the gruesome sight of the bloody corpse upon the floor, his teeth gritted in both sadness and anger.  Another had been killed.  How many more would have to die?

He eyed the others...country...CirclMastr...perhaps even Marg was to blame, but then he gazed upon Caeli.

"I do not doubt that this is your handiwork, Caeli.  Another dead to promote your family's rise to power, eh?"

Valerian

Current voting:

country (5) - Caeli, Kip, Maeven, Saku, Kanrya
Caeli (2) - Ryven, country
CirclMastr (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Marguerite (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

Yet to vote: CirclMastr, Marguerite

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

country

The corpses of the faithful citizens are becoming piled in an action worse than any decimation program.   Yet, we still have no clear indication of whom to censure.

Ryven has laid the blame with many.  Those with whom Marg had been having a blue are now gone.  Could it be Caeli?

Caeli

"I gain nothing from Aiden's death - sadly, a declining merchant's house is nobody's ally. However, country has remained remarkably free of suspicion since the early suspicion against him - perhaps we are overlooking somebody who is likely the most probable enemy?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Kip

Ryven, you seem to have a determination to take Caeli out.  I wonder why you are so focused.

To resist the push, I support the assertion that country must be guilty.  Let him pay for these crimes.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Maeven

Taking in the words of the others with sorrow at their dwindling numbers, Maeven looked from Caeli to country.  The others had been so sure only nights before that country had been the guilty party. Perhaps it was so...

The Cardinal Rule

Saku

I'm back!

country

Think carefully with your vote.  We few citizens can not afford to lose any more.  If you do not change position, with the coming of evening two citizens will have been be lost.  Give some thought to who might be the oracle.  Would that be a reason for Ryven's focus?  We don't know who the oracle is, but he has been focussed on one player.

While I am arguing to survive, consider that if two citizens disappear on day 3, then the  conspirators will outnumber the citizens on day 4 and can outvote and eliminate them at will.  The conspirators would no doubt be very pleased with this outcome - could all four of them be pointing at me to achieve this goal?

Kanrya

Valerian

Current voting:

country (5) - Caeli, Kip, Maeven, Saku, Kanrya
Caeli (3) - Ryven, country, Marguerite
CirclMastr (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Marguerite (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

Yet to vote: CirclMastr

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

This is what I get for running off to an orgy.

-Ponders-

Damn, I somehow think Caeli could be it but then country...

-Sighs and closes her eyes-

I say Caeli but it looks as if poor country may be done for.

CirclMastr

Valerian

Final voting:

country (6) - Caeli, Kip, Maeven, Saku, Kanrya, CirclMastr
Caeli (3) - Ryven, country, Marguerite
CirclMastr (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Marguerite (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

Convinced that they had found a conspirator at last, the group wasted no time in disposing of country, offering only the small mercy of a quick, clean death.  But his body was not yet cold before the guests realized they had made a terrible mistake.  For country was not only innocent of any conspiracy, he was also the Praetorian Guard, their one true protector.

• Aiden Citizen, lynched
  • Caeli
  • CirclMastr
  • country Praetorian Guard, lynched
  • Kanrya
  • Kip
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Siberian Citizen, assassinated

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Oracle, and 3 Citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

*The man cackles maniacally before pulling a dagger from his toga.  Its blade was coated in the dried blood of those he'd killed.*

The game is up.  Without your precious Praetorian Guard, Rome will be ours.  Surrender now, or you will all meet the same fate of your dear guard!