News:

Main Menu

Free to play PC Games

Started by Frelance, October 15, 2011, 11:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Quote from: Sel Nar on April 18, 2012, 11:32:57 PM
I think this gameplay video from Mechwarrior Online will be enough to whet your appetite?

MechWarrior Online - Gameplay Trailer

Internal Alpha build, but you can definitely enjoy the crunch.

Wow... I can kind of see group battles, in urban terrain being kind of fun, but that? The one on one on wide space looks coma inducing.

Sel Nar

I'd like to point out that it was four of the devs playing in a 12v12 map for demonstration purposes only. The full version will be far more... cluttered.

Remember; the Slowest confirmed 'mech in MWO, the Atlas, jogs at a rather speedy clip of 54 Kph while still able to aim and fire mostly-accurately.

Craz

Quote from: Sabby on April 19, 2012, 03:34:14 AM
Wow... I can kind of see group battles, in urban terrain being kind of fun, but that? The one on one on wide space looks coma inducing.

Battletech is this odd, actually rather fun, balanced between titan heavyweights slugging it out, and a battle of maneuvering. When mechs get THAT close, it turns into a slugfest like that. It ain't Tribes, but once XL engines get introduced, we're going to see some serious speed in that game.

Sel Nar

In regards to MWO, The game's set for mid 3049, so right at the start of the Clan incursion into the Inner Sphere. It's safe to assume that 'Level 2' Technology will be the Norm, so Gauss Rifles, XL Engines, Pulse and ER lasers, Streak SRM systems, and, of course, Ferro-Fibrous armour and Endo-Steel internal structure are all available to be played with.

So if you really want to, you can swap out the Jenner's engine for an XL version and have some free space to play with. (Personal Suggestion? 2.5 more tons of armour) The mechlab system lets you modify and upgrade your machine of choice in a variety of ways, which I'm glad for.

AndyZ

I didn't read through all this, so apologies if it's already on the list, but Tribes Ascend has been pretty decent if you enjoy Team FPS games.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Elias

So totally old school, but decent. http://www.mooncalfstudios.com/pathofthevampire/login.php

Grid based with heavy rp elements, not freeform though its a very clear universe supported by a city grid you play on. Have fun those who join  O:)

KaiiVii

I know someone mentioned it before but I really have to second Kongregate.com I usually can spend about a week on a game before I get bored and leave (which is about normal for me) so have lots of games to choose from/no downloads is nice :)
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: KaiiVii on April 30, 2012, 12:08:16 AM
I know someone mentioned it before but I really have to second Kongregate.com I usually can spend about a week on a game before I get bored and leave (which is about normal for me) so have lots of games to choose from/no downloads is nice :)

I play some games on Kongregate, mostly cuz it earn power rewards daily... Granted it isn't much but hey it is something.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Teo Torriatte

I too frequent Kongregate, but for flash games I have also been spending a great deal of time at the Adult Swim games page. Shouldn't be hard to google, as I'm pretty sure I can't post links yet.

My two current favorite games on there are Robot Unicorn Attack Evolution (although the original still has a special place in my heart) and Lesbian Spider Queens from Mars, which is a sort of reverse re-imagining of the classic arcade game Wizard of Wor, except with lesbian spider queens, and Mars.

Darius

Didn't Star Trek Online just go free to play as well?
When the avalanche has started, the pebbles no longer get to vote.
Ons and Offs
absence to make hearts grow fonder
Story ideas
Darius & His Ramblings
No one is an unjust villain in their own mind… we are all the hero of our own story.” A Lucio

HairyHeretic

A few months back I believe.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Feanaro

Yes, star trek online is now f2p, and available through steam along with quite a few other MMO'S. There a a number of good free fps games on steam too.

Personally, im another kongregate player, as well as newgrounds. Another good free browser based frr game is www.ageofchampions.com, but you need to link it to a facebook account to be able to do much.

Ive also wasted many an hour on echo bazzar.

Brandon

It flew under my radar till a few weeks ago but Ive been playing it off and on. Try out http://Super monday night combat. Its a MOBA game only in a 3rd person shooter aspect and IMO requires a lot more skill to master then MOBA games like LOL or HON. It also has a very funny personality to it

The problem is the game does an abyssmal job of teaching you how to play and there is very little online community. The two biggest rules of SMNC is 1. Kill robots to get as much money/xp as you can. You dont need to last hit, just hit within 5 seconds of their death and you get credit. Killing bots is more important then killing champions because level advantages are significant boosts to your personal power. 2. Control the annihilator. The annihilator is an interactable place in the "jungle" of each stage. It takes 5 mins for it to become active and costs $1000 to activate but when activated it severely damages all enemy pros (SMNC's name for champions) and destroys all enemy bots on the field.

Its common for the snowball effect to happen in SMNC. Once you start loosing its really hard to recover but I still enjoy it a lot more then other MOBA games because Pro's arent made of wet paper and money doesnt determine a Pro's personal power

Also an honorable mention needs to go to Blacklight: retribution. Another FPS that has an interesting business model that includes rentals for guns/equipment. Its not really my thing but it's worth a mention.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

Some folks I know who've played SMNC complain that the game balance is pretty out of whack in that Pros who don't have "throw kills" are basically useless by comparison to the ones that do. That's pretty much the only thing I've heard about it, good or bad.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Brandon on July 21, 2012, 10:16:48 AM
It flew under my radar till a few weeks ago but Ive been playing it off and on. Try out [img=http://www.uberent.com/]http://Super monday night combat.[/img] Its a MOBA game only in a 3rd person shooter aspect and IMO requires a lot more skill to master then MOBA games like LOL or HON. It also has a very funny personality to it

The problem is the game does an abyssmal job of teaching you how to play and there is very little online community. The two biggest rules of SMNC is 1. Kill robots to get as much money/xp as you can. You dont need to last hit, just hit within 5 seconds of their death and you get credit. Killing bots is more important then killing champions because level advantages are significant boosts to your personal power. 2. Control the annihilator. The annihilator is an interactable place in the "jungle" of each stage. It takes 5 mins for it to become active and costs $1000 to activate but when activated it severely damages all enemy pros (SMNC's name for champions) and destroys all enemy bots on the field.

Its common for the snowball effect to happen in SMNC. Once you start loosing its really hard to recover but I still enjoy it a lot more then other MOBA games because Pro's arent made of wet paper and money doesnt determine a Pro's personal power

Also an honorable mention needs to go to [img=https://register.perfectworld.com/bl_splash]http://Blacklight: retribution.[/img] Another FPS that has an interesting business model that includes rentals for guns/equipment. Its not really my thing but it's worth a mention.

Played it for a while and really tried to like it.... But then decided it wasn't worth my time.   The game feels to stiff and honestly the snowball effect ruins the game for me. 

muddturtle13

I'll post in any thread that mentions LoL.   :-)

SinXAzgard21

There is an LoL thread in the Off Topic forum.

Cute Akira

For all 90's kids with awesome childhood... LETS PLAY POKEMON ONLINE XD XD XD XD

http://www.pokemonworldonline.net/

Enjoy Akira's Saga HERE !!!

Wolfy

Guild wars 2?

...I mean yeah, you have to purchase the actual game..but hey, no subscription fee.

Naught

Molten-wow
Is a private f2p world of Warcraft server with wotlk and cata. :3
"The keys to the castle
Are right where I left them
The princess walked in just to
take more attention."
Ons an Offs

SinXAzgard21

Playing GW2, I have my Rytlock Brimstone statue on my computer desk.

As for molten WoW...  I played it for a while before they had cata... Never again.

Shjade

Quote from: Wolfy on August 28, 2012, 03:48:18 PM
Guild wars 2?

...I mean yeah, you have to purchase the actual game..but hey, no subscription fee.

If that constitutes f2p, we might as well list the entire Steam library in this thread, since you just have to buy them before you can play them. >.>
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Guild Wars 2 is b2p (buy to play).

Raen234

There are a bunch of games in beta that it should be pretty easy to get onto.

Smite - team based / champion based game

Firefall - FPS MMO

Mech warrior online is doing an open beta
Wheaton's Law - Dont be a dick My O/Os