Dextura: Rise of the Hybrids [Interest check/OOC]

Started by ShanaTheIV, January 27, 2012, 12:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShanaTheIV

This in basically my first time GMing an rp so excuse me if I forget anything or make a mistake. I've been wanting to do this in another forum, but it's taking a while for it to get approved. This rp will consist of part/half monster people known as "Hybrids," hence the name. I didn't know if I should have post this in here or the exotic section since I prefer not to have furries, but might have some other monsters as well. I haven't looked over the forums thoroughly enough so I don't know if there's any other rps like this. Since I'm still a NING, I may have to reply slow if we do go with this because I want to make my post count. Not to maintain I still have some homework and test to do, lol   

Overview

In the land of Dextura, during the age of of the 900s, a half breed of creatures commonly know as “Hybrids” roam the the earth along side the humanoids after the Half-War. While some humanoids learned to tolerate their exists, others hold a grudges against the hybrids, resorting to hunting them or enslaving them. A large group of hybrids were discovered around the late 870s in a small forest. The humans immediately feared their exist as soldiers from across the land were sent out to repel or destroy them. But the hybrids proved to be more than a match for the humans as soldier were either driving off or killed. Hybrids have be roaming around Dextura since then. Some managed to befriend the humanoids while others remain hostile.

Setting

Dextura: A continent where hybrids exist along side humans based on Europe. As you may of guessed, it will have a medieval feel to it.

Known areas

Olaf: A large city run mainly by humans. Hybrids that are captured her are used as slaves.
-Other cities may exist as well

Eva: A somewhat large village. One of the only places where humanoids and hybrids live equally.
-Other settlement may exist as well

Plains/Wilderness: Places outside cities and settlements where different kinds of hybrids roam. They can be either friendly, passive or hostile.

Volcanoes: Hybrids (mostly reptilian-based) and Oni (or demons) settle there. They are generally resisted to the heat and can survive in the lava.

Lakes/Oceans: Mermaids, scylla and other aquatic hybrids are likely to exist there

Races

[Humanoids]
Humans: Self-explanatory.

Elves: Humans known for their pointy ears and magical abilities, as while as their agility.

Nekos: Humans with animal ears and/or tails.

Oni: The least populace of the four humanoids. They are shunned by the other humanoids because they often resemble demons and tend to be aggressive in nature. They would sometimes have colored skin (Red, blue, etc).

[Hybrids]
Lamias: Snake people with human builds.

Reptilians: Humans with reptile or dragon characteristics, often have tails. Their bodies can sometimes be more scaley than others.

Arachne: Humans with spider or insect characteristics.

Mermaids: Self-explanatory.

Scylla: Humans with tentacles on their bodies or even as their lower bodies. The rarest of the hybrids.

Harpies: Humans with wings or feathers on there bodies. They are sometimes referred to as angels.

(You can be creative and make your own if you like)

ShanaTheIV

ShanaTheIV

Um, can I have this thread moved to the freeform section of NC humans (small groups)?