Secrets of Candlewick (Supernatural Romance-Fae and WereCreatures-LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, June 08, 2015, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxis

Roger that Crash.

Loves was kind enough to find me photos.

I'm terrible at googling for faces.  I'll settle on a lad and roll from there.

:)

Hazy Sky

I have no problem with that Nifer. The Sheriff is currently coming off the page as a bit of a lone wolf type of guy, but even he can't be everywhere all of the time to keep an eye on everything, so I can see him rationalising having a deputy or two that way.
My only stipulation is that your character must be honest and law abiding. The Sheriff isn't the type to put up with a corrupt or evil deputy.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

Quote from: skyre on June 10, 2015, 03:26:43 PM
I have no problem with that Nifer. The Sheriff is currently coming off the page as a bit of a lone wolf type of guy, but even he can't be everywhere all of the time to keep an eye on everything, so I can see him rationalising having a deputy or two that way.
My only stipulation is that your character must be honest and law abiding. The Sheriff isn't the type to put up with a corrupt or evil deputy.

Honest and law abiding as far as he knows. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Crash on June 10, 2015, 03:40:38 PM
Honest and law abiding as far as he knows. ;)

He would have a very definite way of firing a deputy he found to be dishonest or unreliable. ::)
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

cabalxxvi

So, the RP is looking fantastic by the way. I love the way that everything is tying together, and can't wait to get things rolling and started. I am truly looking forward to it.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Crash

I hope it works out. Sandbox games rely a lot on the players being proactive about scenes.  Thankfully I see a lot of experienced big game sandbox players here so I am really hopeful about it.

I have my own npcs to start, clarifications on powers to do and game threads to start so take that time before game start to continue to discuss characters and connection.  It looks like we have our court rulers so that is a great start.  Dr. Miles Candlewick and his home for the unwanted is also a way people can connect.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Niferbelle

Quote from: skyre on June 10, 2015, 03:26:43 PM

That's understandable. Of course, being fae, she has her own agenda but as far as handling mortal police business, she'll be a pretty straight shooter. She's winter court but she's not sadistic, malicious, anything like that. I'm thinking the police force is pretty darn small overall.

I have a couple more questions, Crash. I've noticed on some of the character sheets under Contracts people have broken out specific examples of skills within that contract. Is this from a book or are we free to elaborate within reason? Also, what you list as 'faerie lord' on the character sheet, is that essentially a sidhe? I will probably have more questions as I progress ;)

Crash

The break down is not from a book.  I will elsborate some more in powers here soon.  The players are pretty free to choose with the caveat that a Queens contracts are more powerful than a Lord which is more powerful than a knight which is more powerful than a commoner. 

Go with what you think would be cool for your character and we can adjust if needed.

Vampires and WereCreatures are pretty static in mystical power.

Mortals tend to be the least powerful to start with for supernatural abilities but they have numbers in their side and all of the supernaturals try to stay under the radar so killin mortals is a fast way to have a Wild Hunt called on you.  Fae need Mortals for Glamor too so killing them is no good.

Lord is a title.  However many Lords and Ladies fit the Sidhe stereotype.

Crash

You can look here for example contracts used in White Wolfs game.  Don't worry about game mechanics as this is free form but it gives you an idea of powers.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Contract

Kendra

some amazing sheets already ;)

skyre is your guy a changeling or a supernatural human?

Crash my vampire hasn't even started - sorry, got some bad news earlier so wasn't in the mind for any character prepping / research stuffage  :-\
will get on it as soon as I can.

Crash

Kendra

Dhi

The human character I have in mind is meant to be a wide-eyed infiltrator to the supernatural. I'd like to lend importance and development to the changeling world through her constant fascination with it, but these are also her untrustworthy foes, and she holds each accountable for the disappearance of her siblings. The idea hinges on there being opportunity for cross-faction romantic tension between my character and fae ladies.

Tinkertoy

Dhi, I am currently developing a female fae who might just fit your bill. Feel free to drop me a line if you want to discuss particulars.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Dhi

Awesome!

I hope to sit down and work out a character Friday-ish. Currently, all I really have is this idea and a short list of possible face claims.

Heartsink

Crash

I am going to spend some time tonight with wife and kids.  I am wiped out tired at the moment.  I may be around later to answer questions.  Once I get some more info up and get some of my own npc's lined out I will get to looking over characters.  There will be some balancing of powers for the characters, but that is to be expected since I haven't given much direction there.  My weekend is going to be really busy so hopefully I can be ready to get going with an opening location and post next weekend, but not a guarantee there.  I have been somewhat surprised as to how fast characters have been rolling in.  ;D

I have been debating that.  It may depend on how many supernatural characters we have.  I want it to be large enough to have plenty of Fae but keep a small town atmosphere.  My initial thought was between 5000-10000.

Niferbelle

It won't be fast from me. You probably remember how long it takes me to do a character sheet >.>

Crash

Quote from: Niferbelle on June 10, 2015, 07:49:20 PM
It won't be fast from me. You probably remember how long it takes me to do a character sheet >.>

Absolutely no worries.  Next weekend is probably the earliest I will start the game.  It may be a bit longer because I like adding images and stuff to my threads and have to find them all.  Going through all of the character sheets will take some time too.

Praxis

updated - still work in progress

** VERY Work in Progress **

** Need to actually do real work though.  Finish tonight. **

Name: Ineluki Eirandrion Elderbough || “Zenil Kenainath Ceilan Kan Turta”  Roughly translated to “Broken Prince of the Four Seasons”
Player:  Praxis
Concept:  Incubus
Dirty Secret:  It took decades for Ineluki to master his abilities and while confused by them as a child and a “young fae”  (relatively), Ineluki; at times unknowingly evoked passion and lust from the courtiers around him.  Young as he was and inexperienced as he was, he was raped twice by female members of the court and three times by male members of the court.  The third of which he killed.

Court: Spring Court
Court Rank: Exiled Prince of the Spring Court
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
On’s: Grace, charm, beauty – (Truth is, I’d rather you just interact with him and find out.  PM me if you’re concerned.  Crash; give me shit if you don’t like this.)
Off’s: Depending on the writing partner, I’ll take things as far as they are looking to go.  I have some hard stops but PM me and I can’t imagine any of them are surprising.

Appearance: Not particularly prone to pleasant smiles.  Even when in the Fae realm, Ineluki spends the entirety of his time appearing as a mix of human and Fae which might be due to some unconscious…or very deliberate attempt to separate himself from the politics and laws of the Fae world.  He has taken great pains (quite literally) to cover himself with ferocious looking red tattoos.  When he chooses (rarely) he can make the tattoos disappear but they tend to flare into sight when exercising his power, excited or in a fight.  Sleek, well-defined and quite hard, Ineluki appears every bit a predator. 

Hair: A rich crimson in colour with the sides of his head shorn clean.
Eyes: Green, or white without pupils when he chooses.
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 178 lbs

Description:

Johnathan Rhys Meyers

human form 1
human form 2

Personality:

Ferocious – Ineluki’s solution to a problem often involves charging headlong in the waiting jaws of whatever beast…or problem he encounters.

Passionate – Moderation of emotion is something that Ineluki struggles with daily.

Feral - Time spent alone exploring in the wilds of Arcadia has caused Ineluki to begin emulating the traits of animals and other feral creatures that he has encountered, hunted and cared for.

Forbearance -  Ineluki has little to none of this.

Detachment - Ineluki has a sizable number of issues around intimacy.  Only until recently has he bothered to keep creatures; from fae to human and everything betwixt the two alive after mating with them.  He does not relish killing but personal connections result in complications.  Complications are things he tries to avoid.

Little regard for humanity - Much like insects they are something to be endured.  In fact; insects have a purpose.  A significant purpose.  He has yet to understand humanity's purpose beyond being highly susceptible vessels with which for him to feed, heal and grow strong.

Upon being satiated - After feeding fully, particularly from fae.  Ineluki can become relaxed, open and almost normal in his ability to converse in a civil manner for a period of time as the sexual energy he has fed upon acts as a balm for all that he experienced when he was younger.

Changeling Abilities:

Long lived – Outside of Arcadia changelings are mortal though love lived.  Changelings need glamor to live and use their magic.  Glamour is gained from strong emotions or dreams and can be gathered in one of three ways.  Items from the outskirts of Arcadia such as goblin fruit contain glamour, but more commonly Changelings feed on the emotions of humans.  This can be done by leeching already present emotions from humans, stepping into a mortals dreams and stealing a little bit of their dream for yourself or reaping which is inciting quick burst of emotions.  Reaping is not as nourishing as leeching and can cause severe emotional trauma of done repeatedly.

Glamour – The art of making one thing look like another.  All Changelings have this ability to some extent.  Their true selves and all things made of glamour or from the hedge appear mundane to human eyes unless the human has been glamoured in which case they can see the Changelings as they truly are.  Many Changelings learn to expand their use of glamour to spin incredibly realistic illusions. 

Oath Spinning 

Oath of the Accepted Burden - A knowledgeable individual that is performing a sexual act with Ineluki; should they know the proper words is capable of binding him to this oath.  The individual that binds Ineluki to the oath can give him a task to fulfill.  The task itself is irrelevant.  Upon completing the task, Ineluki is free from the oath.  While under the oath, Ineluki is still empowered by his own free will but has one year to satisfy the terms of the oath.  Ineluki cannot be commanded to end his own existence.

Oath of Fealty - A knowledgeable individual that is performing a sexual act with Ineluki; should they know the proper words is capable of binding him to this oath.  Ineluki has no will beyond that of the individual who has committed him to the oath.  Ineluki is the embodiment of that individual's will and want for one quarter of a human hour.  Ineluki is not particularly fond of this oath, nor of any who might seek to bind him to it.  Expect resistance during and an individual would be well advised to have an iron will before evoking the oath.  They would also be well-advised to be free and clear of Ineluki when the time expires.  Ineluki cannot be commanded to end his own existence while under this oath.

Oath of Guardianship -  A knowledgeable individual that is performing a sexual act with Ineluki; should they know the proper words is capable of binding him to this oath. Ineluki will be assigned an object, a place, or a person and it his duty to protect them from any and all harm.  This oath can lead to the ending of Ineluki's existence and he do anything to ensure this oath is kept.  A time must indeed be set during the oath and the length of that time depends upon the skill of the individual Ineluki is mating with and their ability to hold him to that time.

Contracts: Contract of Desire

Seductive Touch - Skin on skin contact with Ineluki can result in the increase of sexual desire within the individual he is touching.  This depends on a number of factors.

i) There are no varying degrees to the affect of Ineluki's touch.  There is no "seduction" here.  The sexual need is raw and primal.  It is binary.  It is either on...or off.  Ineluki does not "seduce the pretty woman just a little bit".  There is nothing "pretty", nor romantic to what he does.  Over time, the desire for him does not fade but sex with other individuals often can lessen the need to a point where the individual can function relatively well in society.

ii)  Ineluki's touch works best and easiest on heterosexual women and homosexual men.  Where he can indeed affect homosexual women and heterosexual men, the contact must be prolonged and Ineluki must exert greater will to bring them to the same state of desire as previously described.

iii) On pansexual and omnisexual individuals...things become a bit hazy.  Some find themselves helplessly in his thrall even after being used repeatedly by him, whereas others feel what has been described a warming and pleasant tingle and little else.  Ineluki has yet to understand this or master control of this particular aspect of his ability.

Superior Strength & Speed - The Shine

Ineluki grows significantly stronger and faster upon feeding from sexual energy.  His strength and speed scales with the ferocity and passion with which he and the individual...or others mate with one another.  Mating with one human usually gives him the "shine" for roughly twelve hours.  Multiple humans can increase that.  Mating with a fae results in the shine lasting for upwards of two days.  The power of that fae can positively correlates to the power passed onto him.

Healing

Ineluki heals from the sexual energy he is able to feed on and at one time, near death and unable to move was able to heal from the sexual energy created by five humans mating with one another simultaneously...it was an interesting story.  *shrugs*  Ask him some time.

Background:

Ineluki is the product of one of Oberon's multitudinous dalliances.  Having Oberon as a father shortly before his spiral into madness and a succubi for a mother proved Ineluki's presence was a complicated one at best and unwanted at worst. A pawn but a powerful pawn, Ineluki was given no instruction on his abilities and

Still a work in progress BUT...

Plot Hooks
  Incubi are a fuckin' problem.  Both literally and figuratively.  Exiled from the Spring Court due to not being one of the favoured princes but also due to the threat he represents on a number of levels.  It's possible some clever hedge mage or human...or fae has committed him to an Oath of Guardianship and that is what has him on the human side in the form of a bodyguard or protector  Still working it out but if you think of something, ping me...we'll talk and plot.

Circling in on...

Alex Pettyfer

Or

Johnathan Rhys Meyers

as his human form...

Haloriel

Quote from: Crash on June 10, 2015, 07:52:41 PM
Absolutely no worries.  Next weekend is probably the earliest I will start the game.  It may be a bit longer because I like adding images and stuff to my threads and have to find them all.  Going through all of the character sheets will take some time too.

No problem.  While it looks probably spiffy(it's technically a WIP), I expect I will make edits and things as we go to my sheet as well (and before game start).  If it was not clear my facial claim is Emilia Clarke.

Crash

Haloriel

Heartsink

Quote from: Crash on June 10, 2015, 07:45:20 PMI have been debating that.  It may depend on how many supernatural characters we have.  I want it to be large enough to have plenty of Fae but keep a small town atmosphere.  My initial thought was between 5000-10000.

Perfect :P thanks and enjoy your night

Dhi

Lena Fujii has all the qualities I want in a model for my human, and her face has such great character, so let's go with her for my face claim.