Fiasco [RPG game] Interest Check

Started by Innocence, October 26, 2015, 02:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocence

[From Bully Pulpit Games:

Fiasco

THINGS CAN GO WRONG, FAST…
Maybe some dude from youth group talked you into boosting a case of motor oil, but now your cousin is dead in a swamp and you killed him. Maybe you and your girlfriend figured you could scare your wife into a divorce, but things went pear-shaped and now a gang of cranked-up Mexicans with latex gloves and a pit bull are looking for you.It seemed like such a good idea at the time.

Fiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small time capers gone disastrously wrong – inspired by films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the Gun, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan. You’ll play ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big dreams and flawed execution. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly, and in the end it will probably all go south in a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination. Lives and reputations will be lost, painful wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, your guy just might end up back where he started.

FIASCO is an award-winning, GM-less game for 3-5 players, designed to be played in a few hours with six-sided dice and no preparation. During a game you will engineer and play out stupid, disastrous situations, usually at the intersection of greed, fear, and lust. It’s like making your own Coen brothers movie, in about the same amount of time it’d take to watch one. ]

Basically looking for a few more people to join in a game of Fiasco.
Character relationships/ needs/ objects/ locations will be determined by dice rolls and by player turns like in the game. 
However, instead of individually playing out Act 1 scene 1 I was thinking we would freeform it and just let characters interact with each other for whatever time frame we decide most appropriate [for example 4 to 6 weeks in RL] After the appropriate amount of time we would roll for the tilt table results.  Then continue with Act 2 in the same way we conducted Act 1.

If interested please comment here. 

For the confirmed players, here is a link to the set up/OOC thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238743.msg11763240#msg11763240
Give it a read and let me know if you have any questions or need me to add more information. =]

Ron Don Volante

Wow I am SO into this! Consider me bought in like crazy.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Innocence

Woot =]
I'm thinking of using the Camp Death playset =]

Ron Don Volante

I've never actually read Fiasco (though it looks like I may have to) but I LOVE the hilarious craziness of Cohen Bros more off-the-rail films (Fargo, Burn After Reading, the Big Lebowski) and I think I may even have a character all locked and loaded ready to go. I have been thinking about advertising her on E for about a year but didn't think anyone would "get" it but she'd be perfect for this game. I cobbled her together from Better Call Saul, Big Lebowski, and bits of Bend It Like Beckham. :D

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

wander

Oh, I'm in with this for sure!!!

I've never actually got to play this, but I love the game. :)

Also I recommend checking out 'Blame Society' on youtube for their games of Fiasco, which are damn fun watches as they drink whilst they play. :)

Remind me, is Camp Death a seperate playbook or is it included in the core?

Innocence

Ron - Haha awesome!!
I'm excited to see your character.

Wander - Hooray~!! This makes 3, the minimum required =]
I'll start making a thread and organizing the game tomorrow, I have to go to sleep now and work in the morning.
But any other players that wish to join can just let me know.
I think Camp Death is a separate playbook. I'll send the files to everyone playing tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

RedEve

I love this idea. But I'm terrible at system games. Just how complicated a game system is this?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

wander

Its been a while of checking the rules, but really most of the actual rolling is got out of the way at the start, and it just decides who the player's characters are to each other and general scene setting details, like macguffins and locations.

Act 1; Each player gets two scenes where they generally decide what they entail, then the other players decide the outcome, each one passing you a die, a white one represents positive outcome, black ones represents negative outcome. Things get acted out in freeform (it's a narrative based game of improv on the tabletop).

Then, in the following Tilt phase, through us rolling, we decide who will add two new categories to advance the story. This is pretty much decided by who rolls highest using their white dice and who has the highest total with their black dice.

Act 2 is the same as Act 1, but players assign the outcome dice to themselves, I believe.

The Aftermath is similar to the Tilt, though people roll on a pregenerated Aftermath table.

Then players take it in turns to narrate the closing montage (in freeform), which are longer with the more players involved.

It's actually way simpler than it made it sound and the dice rolling is fairly unobtrusive and serves as a way to decide how scenes work towards the endgame.

Phaia

Faeli

I am seven flavors of in.  At least two of them involve chocolate

wander

The Camp Death playbook also happens to be a free download at drivethru, which is really helpful.

There are some pretty fun Relationships perfect for an adult themed game in it...

I know the playbook pastiches Friday the 13th pretty well, but I'm up for watching some classy flicks like Texas Chainsaw Massacre to get in the Halloween spirit of this game... I'm down for the old 70s exploitation film vibe, like the older Wes Craven flicks, The Hill have Eyes and The Last House on the Left.

Anyone else thinking over potential avenues to go yet? :)

Ron Don Volante

I got an out of work down on her luck but attractive Indian-American attorney in case that gives anyone ideas ^_^

wander

I'll be waiting to see what the Pool gives us, tbh when it comes to my character. I like to be given a surprise. :)

I'm gonna come into this pretty open and bounce off what everyone gives, try not to limit myself too much outside the kind of atmosphere I'm down to create. :)

Innocence

Phaia, thanks for posting the Tabletop videos =D That's actually what got me into Fiasco, haha.

In regards to the Tilt table I'm thinking of creating my own set of unforeseeable circumstances based on what happens in the roleplay. 
In regards to characters, I would recommend not being too set on what you want your character to be like.  It's good to have ideas but be warned that depending on the initial dice roll and how other players want to build their relationships with your character things may change. 

At the moment it seems like we have six interested parties.  I'm going to cap the limit at this point since if we have too many players then the initial set up could take ages since we have to set up in turns.  The reason we take turns is because we have to use up the dice that's been rolled to establish relationships.
1. Innocence
2. Ron Don Volante
3. wander
4. RedEve
5. Phaia
6. Faeli

If you are still eager please confirm.
I'll create two threads later tonight (The set up/OOC thread and the Act 1 roleplay thread), I'll roll 4 x number of players in dice, then we can begin building our relationships.  Since the set up is turn based and players can only establish relationships with their adjacent players, I'd going to set the rule that player 1 can establish relationships with players 2 and 6, player 2 can establish relationships with players 3 and 1, and so forth.  When you want to establish a relationship with an adjacent player, you must use the playset relationships (will post in the thread) and find a dice with an appropriate number. 

Faeli

I have not randomly become less eager within the last few hours, lol :P

And I don't have much in mind for a character yet since the setting REALLY matters for that, hehe.

I am game for just about anything though!

RedEve

I am still interested, if you don't mind providing a bit of help with the system aspects.

Faeli

I don't mind Eve!  I'm glad to finally get to play with you, lol

RedEve

Thanks!

I will watch those Will Wheaton videos when I get home, I guess I will understand it all a bit more after that?

Faeli

It certainly helps.

Biggest thing to know, going in, is that Fiasco is a system devoted to telling an interesting story.  Most RPGs have you really try and embody your character, but Fiasco is way more interested in working with the other players to twist the situation and make the game as fun as possible, even if that might do -terrible- things to the characters in question :P

Again, think back to Coen Brothers movies... very often all the characters involved end up worse off... but damn is the ride fun to watch ;)

wander

I am in!

I'll be out for a spell today, though I'll be back in later and it shouldn't throw a wrench in the works too much, given time zones. Very excited to see what I can throw into the mix and what others do in regards to my own character!

Innocence

Awesome ladies =]

RedEve, we'll try to help explain the system as best as possible.  Really the only technical stuff will be at the beginning while we sort out relationships and needs and so forth.  The first and second act will be just like any other normal roleplay on E =]

Innocence

wander - Awesome =] Thanks for confirming.

On another note, would players like the IRL time duration for Act 1 [all scenes] to be one month or longer?
I'm not sure how active we all are going to be so I want to make this a rather short campaign.  On average if a player is on E 2 to 3 times a week then I think one month should be enough for a good roleplay.  However, if players are relatively inactive and can only make one post once a week I'll have to reconsider. 

Faeli

I've been thinking about that... since Fiasco features a lot of scenes between only some players, we may want to limit RP's to a set number of posts so keep the game moving

Innocence

Quote from: Faeli on October 27, 2015, 05:00:18 AM
I've been thinking about that... since Fiasco features a lot of scenes between only some players, we may want to limit RP's to a set number of posts so keep the game moving

What would be an appropriate number?
I think I'll wait to see everyone's availability.  Likelihood, this is going to be a short campaign.  But if it goes well hopefully I can run another one that goes for longer and will have more Acts. =]

Also, check first post for link to set up/OOC thread. 
Faeli, I've listed you as player 2 since you were the first to confirm after giving interest. =] Do you want to start setting up our relationship now?

Ron Don Volante

I can do 1-2 posts a week but I'm going to go out of my way to make sure that this gets a lot of attention (which I can do now that I'm finally catching up to my owed posts in other solo games).

Faeli

Quote from: Innocence on October 27, 2015, 05:09:40 AM
Also, check first post for link to set up/OOC thread. 
Faeli, I've listed you as player 2 since you were the first to confirm after giving interest. =] Do you want to start setting up our relationship now?

Sure thing!

Is it my pick or yours?  I can't seem to find my manual :(

Innocence

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on October 27, 2015, 05:14:54 AM
I can do 1-2 posts a week but I'm going to go out of my way to make sure that this gets a lot of attention (which I can do now that I'm finally catching up to my owed posts in other solo games).

Awesome, thanks for letting me know =]
Do you think a month would be enough time to have a decent Act 1 played out?  The scenes don't really need to be long and extravagant I think.  It should be fine if most players start with the roleplay in the morning and manage to progress to the end of the day or afternoon.
Then having Act 2 take place at night.

What do you think?

Quote from: Faeli on October 27, 2015, 05:32:27 AM
Sure thing!

Is it my pick or yours?  I can't seem to find my manual :(

I think it's my pick first then yours.  When it's your turn you can choose to define our relationship further or you could define your relationship with RedEye.  Is it alright if I choose to make us have a secret relationship?  I think most of the options under secret are pretty interesting. =]

Faeli

Absolutely!  Not to mention you seemed to roll a bunch of 5's, and so that leaves the other numbers for everyone else, lol :-D

Innocence

Quote from: Faeli on October 27, 2015, 05:51:43 AM
Absolutely!  Not to mention you seemed to roll a bunch of 5's, and so that leaves the other numbers for everyone else, lol :-D

Lol, you're so considerate XD
I was actually going to take one of the 4s but the romance options aren't as intriguing.  Haha.

Faeli

Alright!  Well, I am going to go ahead steal one of those 1's and declare that Eve and I are friends, of some sort :)

Eve, since you haven't played the game before, let me explain what we're doing.  Innocence already sort of did in the OOC thread (which we should probably move this too, actually!) but more explanation can't hurt, right?

At the beginning of the game, Innocence rolled 24 die.  You will end up using 4 of them (6 players * 4 dice).  You will use them to flesh out the game world.  At this stage, you can either choose to further define our relationship (by spending another die under the friends section, say using a 6 to make us both social outcasts) or you can choose to broadly define your relationship with Wander.  You could also choose to determine your Need or add an Object or Location to the mix but, generally, it is advised to at least have general relationships determined before we get into adding specific plot elements :)

Hopefully I didn't confuse you too much!  ^_^

Ron Don Volante

I'll be diving into the mechanics today when I get home from work but until then... Here's a preview of my character. I have to figure out she gets sucked into the summer camp but I can't imagine it will be too hard!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237887.msg11763522#new

Faeli

Lol... I wouldn't get too attached to that backstory :P

I mean, you can twist it to fit, but I always find it WAY easier to build the character around the relationships, not tweak the character to account for the relationships ;)

Ron Don Volante

You'd be shocked at how creative I can be! ;) I think for this rp it will probably just be when she got laid off and is unemployed. Gives me a lot of flexibility since she doesn't have much going on. Plus its more of a base than anything else. I can see the concept I f the frustrated go nowhere former attorney fitting anywhere. So if her backstory needs to change... so be it!

RedEve

Quote from: Faeli on October 27, 2015, 06:14:24 AM
Alright!  Well, I am going to go ahead steal one of those 1's and declare that Eve and I are friends, of some sort :)

Eve, since you haven't played the game before, let me explain what we're doing.  Innocence already sort of did in the OOC thread (which we should probably move this too, actually!) but more explanation can't hurt, right?

At the beginning of the game, Innocence rolled 24 die.  You will end up using 4 of them (6 players * 4 dice).  You will use them to flesh out the game world.  At this stage, you can either choose to further define our relationship (by spending another die under the friends section, say using a 6 to make us both social outcasts) or you can choose to broadly define your relationship with Wander.  You could also choose to determine your Need or add an Object or Location to the mix but, generally, it is advised to at least have general relationships determined before we get into adding specific plot elements :)

Hopefully I didn't confuse you too much!  ^_^

I think I got most of that. :)

So I am going to use one of the 4s to define our relationship as "Alpha male/queen bee and sycophant".

wander

Also I'm on every day though sometimes too zonked to do a post, saying that I can do around 3 posts a week. I think scenes can be fairly short, the player whose scene it is can say in their opening what's going to happen and then each player can add via a post what die they want to drop in, maybe adding an idea. Realistically a week for a single scene is possible. 1 month for everyone to get through Act 1 (I believe that's 12 scenes total) may be asking a bit much. I'll most as often as I can to quicken things up and being on every day helps on my end.

Gonna jet and check OOC thread presently, link in first post, ja?

Innocence

I see I see, we may just have to play the game and judge as we go when would be a good time to end Act 1. 
I'm not too strict on making it short.

Also, set up thread has been updated.  I'll make note of whose turn it is to choose a die number so we don't lose track =]

Faeli

Alright Wander!  I am going to be wickedsuperawesome again and break down what you can do.  If you already know what to do, feel free to tots disregard this post :P

So!  You have 4 die and it is your turn to use one of them.  Since Eve used her turn to deepen her and my relationship, you really just need to worry about establishing a relationship with either Eve or Ron.  To do that, hit the OOC thread and look at the relationship table.  All the numbers are still available, so you can pick between Friends, Family, Work Buddies, Romantic Association, Secret Relationship, or Local Associates.  You can only use one die, so if the relationship deepens, it may well be up to the other person to deepen it ^^

You could also declare an object, location, or need but... really... relationships are the bread and butter of this game, so it is really advised to at least vaguely define your relationships before moving to other things :P

wander

*nods* I knew that, just I didn't see here where the dice results were and who to make relationships with, though I saw the OOC thread that they were listed there. :)

Okay, so I'mma gonna get my first turn out of the way to hurry along...

So, Eve and Faeli have an interesting start to their relationship, I think I'd like to third wheel with that and use a 5 to go with a Secret relationship to Red Eve. The six deepened results all have some good stories behind them there. :)

Your turn now, Ron Don! ^^

Ron Don Volante

Since Phalia is still TBC I'll establish a relationship with my old pal Wander. Relationship: 1: Friends

I think I did that right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: Thanks Wander.

wander

You didn't have to roll btw... The dice to choose from are listed for the Pool in the OOC thread, which I'll link you here;

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238743.msg11763226#msg11763226

However, it's fine as there's still two 1s in that Pool, so you're good. :)

Innocence

Wander and Ron, you both did well :)
I'll edit the ooc thread soon.
I'm going to pm phaia and see if they are still interested. If not then we can shorten it to five players. :)

Innocence

I also just want to say thanks to everyone helping each other out. I'm not online all the time so the fact that everyone is helping to explain things and asking questions when unsure is really great :)
I look forward to the game ^w^

RedEve

I watched the first of the three vids that Wheaton put up and then got halfway through the second one before I went to bed. I hope to watch the rest of it tonight, but it certainly helped with understanding the idea behind it all a bit more. Though Faeli's post also helped a lot!

RedEve

Question: Will Wheaton's playing of the game seems to include a Tilt card.
Do we have one of those too?

Remiel

Yes, I remember seeing this on Wil Wheaton's Tabletop.  Is it too late to indicate my interest?

wander

Quote from: RedEve on October 28, 2015, 01:34:03 PM
Question: Will Wheaton's playing of the game seems to include a Tilt card.
Do we have one of those too?

I believe the Tilt comes into play once Act 1 is complete, atm we're setting up for that so no need to worry on that just yet. :)

Innocence

@ RedEve -
We will be using a tilt table but I am in the process of acquiring/making one.  We won't need one until after the first act though so we have some time. =]

@ Remiel -
Thanks for the interest but at the moment I think we have enough players.  If this first game goes well I plan on organizing another campaign later on though, so I'll keep your name down as interested. =]

Remiel

Okay!  Please add me to the waiting list in case someone drops out.   I'll be looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Phaia

Sorry everyone if I implied I wanted to play. I just love the idea and wanted to help with the videos.

Here is rooting for a real Fiasco!!

Phaia

Innocence

Thanks for that Phaia.

Since it's 5 plays now (which is the recommended max number of players for Fiasco) I'm going to have my turn and build my relationship with Ron.  Picking up a 2 die Ron and I are now family members =]
I wonder what type of family we will be. 

On that note, it is now Feali's turn =]

Faeli

Well then I am going to take ANOTHER 2 (omg so greedy) to determine that Innocence and I are secretly lesbian lovers. 

Why is it secret?  Is one of us from a family that would NOT approve?  Is one of us actively courting someone else?  Or maybe its a hatefuck and we would NEVER actually admit to tolerating the other.  Time will tell!

RedEve

Innocence

Quote from: RedEve on October 29, 2015, 05:26:06 AM
So does this mean I am up again?

Yup =] Your turn Red

@ Faeli - So greedy, just like in our relationship.  I'm sure you'd be the dominant one.  Perhaps you're blackmailing me? OOO~~!!!!

Lol. 

Faeli

Quote from: Innocence on October 29, 2015, 05:49:53 AM
Yup =] Your turn Red

@ Faeli - So greedy, just like in our relationship.  I'm sure you'd be the dominant one.  Perhaps you're blackmailing me? OOO~~!!!!

Lol.
That really depends on whether me or Red end up being the Queen Bee... I imagine if I'm the sycophant then I would be the submissive one in our secret relationship too :P

Innocence

Quote from: Faeli on October 29, 2015, 06:01:41 AM
That really depends on whether me or Red end up being the Queen Bee... I imagine if I'm the sycophant then I would be the submissive one in our secret relationship too :P
I guess.
Or we could be equals.  Secret lovers that want to get away from the constraints of our ordinary lives.  [Realized this is one of the 'NEEDS' in the game while I was typing this!!!! lol]
I'll choose for us '2: to get away' for my next turn.  Would you like to choose one of the possible elements under that? Murder looks fun =D

RedEve

I am going to burn another one of the 4s to further define my relationship with Wander.
Bound by a dark secret it is. :)

Innocence

Quote from: RedEve on October 29, 2015, 06:25:34 AM
I am going to burn another one of the 4s to further define my relationship with Wander.
Bound by a dark secret it is. :)

Awesome, thanks =]  Thread updated.
Are you getting used to the mechanics of the system, Red?

wander

Ooh, a dark secret... ^^

I'm thinking perhaps... something to do with a murder? Given the story type and such. What do you think Eve? Of course depending on Needs that may come up, something interesting may pop our my minds about that. :)

Okay, I'm picking a 2 to deepen the Friendship that I have with Ron to be 'Unlikely Friends'... I feel there's more of a potential story there if the two of us are opposites and yet friends, though I was tempted to snap up some of the other results.

So far I see Innocence and Ron as family, where I'm Ron's friend. I've likely brought Eve, for a reason perhaps we have to cover something up at the Camp's site. Who invited Faeli, or if she invited Innocence and/or Eve to the Camp will be interesting to find out.  ^-^

So now it's Ron's turn again. :)

RedEve

Quote from: Innocence on October 29, 2015, 06:29:07 AM
Awesome, thanks =]  Thread updated.
Are you getting used to the mechanics of the system, Red?

Yeah, watching the Wheaton clips helped in that regard. Though the aftermath was still a bit confusing, mostly in terms of how the degree of "badness" was determined.

wander

Quote from: RedEve on October 29, 2015, 07:34:17 AM
Yeah, watching the Wheaton clips helped in that regard. Though the aftermath was still a bit confusing, mostly in terms of how the degree of "badness" was determined.

I believe it's down the amount of 'good' and 'bad' outcome dice you have managed to collect by time Act 2 is over. There is a table that you look up and it tells you how bad your character ends up as depending on the outcome dice.

I'm sure Innocence will post that table up when it's time. :)

Ron Don Volante

Let's use that last 4 to make Innocence and I ex spouses.

Innocence

Awesome!! And that settles everyone's relationship statuses =D
Now it's time to decide our needs, locations and objects.  I'm going to take a 2 and decide Faeli and I 'Need to get away...'
You don't need to choose a need on your turn, you may wish to decide a location or an object between your characters. 

Also, as Ron said, since he took the last 4 that means there are no more 4 die to be used. 
We've also only got a single 1, two 2s, three 3's, and a few 5's and 6's.

edit: Ron, I was actually hoping we would be ex spouses XD
Could my secret lesbian relationship with Faeli have anything to do with it? Hehehe

Ron Don Volante

FYI I was hoping to play a female characters but if you don't like the idea of a F/F/F triangle and/or the idea of a Lord playing a female character I'm totally cool with making MC male.

Innocence

Lol nah go ahead, if you wanna play a female that's fine.
I think that means wander is the only male.  Unless he's playing a woman too =D

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
I just realized I forgot to take out four dice when Phaia confirmed she wouldn't be playing.
I've done that now and taken out the last four numbers of the dice pool roll [seen in red]
That means we've only got nine numbers left:
A single 1, a single 2, a pair of 3s, no 4s, a single 5 and four 6s

Faeli

Quote from: Innocence on October 29, 2015, 08:14:45 PM

I just realized I forgot to take out four dice when Phaia confirmed she wouldn't be playing.
I've done that now and taken out the last four numbers of the dice pool roll [seen in red]
That means we've only got nine numbers left:
A single 1, a single 2, a pair of 3s, no 4s, a single 5 and four 6s

Shouldn't it be 7?  Its 4 die per player and we've gone around twice already

Faeli

So!  We're in the third go-around.  We have all established the locations, so now its time to set some needs, some locations, and some objects to drive the conflicts. 

Because we're Elliquiy, and we do naughty stuff, I am going to define a Location of The Cabins, I figure we can easily identify one of the cabins which isn't generally used but might well be used for... ahem... other things?

We have now moved beyond the realm of deciding things for our characters and are now determining what objects, desires, and set-pieces will drive the game once we start playing :)

RedEve

Faeli

Yes, but I am also a bit confused.  I'm pretty sure Innocence determined a need for herself and I, but I also don't think that is how it works...

I thought Needs, Locations, and Objects were universal... so now I'm all confused!

RedEve

Quote from: Faeli on October 30, 2015, 04:12:34 AM
Yes, but I am also a bit confused.  I'm pretty sure Innocence determined a need for herself and I, but I also don't think that is how it works...

I thought Needs, Locations, and Objects were universal... so now I'm all confused!

Well I'm no expert by any means but I think it would make sense if at least the locations were universal?
I guess I could see why the needs would be linked to characters, since they wouldn't all share the same need (more conflict that way).

RedEve

So if I get this right, if I choose an object, I can only determine the category and then let someone else determine what exactly it is?

In that case, I will use one of the sixes on the "information" subcategory of the objects.

Faeli

Okay, so I have rewatched the episode and it does look like locations, needs, and objects are associated with specific relationships, but are also psudo-universal.  For example, if we declared that Eve and I had a weapon, it could easily be taken and used by someone else.

And, based on that, I'm going to say that The Cabin in question (which is not in use normally) is some place that Innocence and I use.  I'm sorry to not share it with Eve since Innocence and I already have a need associated with us but, really, if the two of us are secret lovers we HAVE to have a place to do that away from prying eyes :P

Faeli

Eveness!  Do you want to be the Queen Bee, or the Sycophant, or do you care?  I am starting to get my character focused in my miiiiiind!  ^_^

RedEve

Quote from: Faeli on October 30, 2015, 04:54:30 AM
Eveness!  Do you want to be the Queen Bee, or the Sycophant, or do you care?  I am starting to get my character focused in my miiiiiind!  ^_^

I can roll either way. :)

RedEve

Okay, so I will then tie my object of "information" to wander.
Possibly also tied to our "bound by a dark secret" relationship?

wander

Afternoon all, sorry I'm late. ^^

Sounds good Eve, so our pair be looking for some specific information at the cabins, maybe it's incriminating to us and we need to get it before someone else finds it??  ::)

Okay, so quickly on the points of Needs... They seem to be pseudo-universal. If three players played Fiasco, thats 12 dice. 6 would go on relationships, which in theory would leave 6 for one deepened location, a deepened object and one deeped Need. The more players adds potential for other Needs to be added in, which can bring them out of their universal status to something more personal.

My turn then...

I'm going to use the last 5 to deepen the Information Object to a Map with one location clearly marked. I see that as showing what me and Eve need to get to, in order to keep our dark secret safe, whatever that may be... :)

With there being unsolved murders 20 years ago, maybe it was our parents that were involved back then perhaps? With this being Halloween though I also think of Evil Dead 2, with the old man that previously summoned the Deadites and Ash and his gf coming across the old man's findings...

Anyways, Ron's turn now. :)

Ron Don Volante

I shall burn a six for a "Need To Get Out"

Innocence

Hi everyone. Just letting you all know there is something wrong with my computer so I will be slow to reply these days.
Ron, could you let me know who you are linking your need with? Thanks.

Ron Don Volante

Linking with you. And since I am Mister IT if you need help with your computer just ask.

Innocence

Thanks for clarifying Ron. The computer seems to be working at the moment, but it was lagging and freezing a lot.  Ended up having to reformat the computer a few times.

Sorry for the absence over the weekend, I have a lot of things planned for this next week ahead.  (All of November actually)
I'll take a 6 and decide that Faeli and I need to get away 'from the cops' =]
Coz that makes things more fun. 

Once we have finish setting up, I'll create a IC roleplay thread.
Would everyone like for me to make a profile sheet for us to fill in for our characters or do you want to just go with the flow?
Also, if everyone could let me know these basic things about their characters:

Character's name || Gender || Age

Faeli

Well then, I'ma going to be taking a 3 and declaring that the cabin that I set up last time is actually Cabin 13, which is supposedly haunted.

Also:  Brit Jelsibe || Female || 22

RedEve

Who is up?

Also, which archetype do we play, Faeli?

Faeli

Okay, well here is what I'm thinking, and let me know if you wanna do something else.

Brit and <Eve> have been friends for awhile.  Brit, however, is a bit of a social outcast, coming from a broken home, and has always been somewhat self-conscious about it.  <Eve> likely knew Brit before the falling out occured, and so they have remained friends, but Brit has always felt somewhat inadequate.  This has led Brit to always feel like she doesn't really measure up (whether <Eve> has actually taken a dominant role in the friendship is up to you, Brit at least will act as the sycophant :P)

However, recently, Brit's slow decline into the darker aspects took an abrupt nosedive when she found herself and a gang of other hoodrats picking on a preppy kid.  The kid tried to fight back and ended up getting knifed by one of the gang, and Brit found herself as an accessory as she went into hiding.  This was also about the time she ran into Blake (Innocence), who also ended up as an accessory.  Brit, for all her posturing, was NOT built for murder and Blake ended up having to do what she could to reassure and comfort her, which of course led to their secret lesbian relationship AND their fleeing from the cops.

Brit had already agreed to come with <Eve> out to the camp and Blake thought it was a GREAT place to lay low, so the two of them showed up to help get the camp ready.

Now, of course, I haven't established why <wander> and <Volante> are out here... and both Eve and Innocence can modify my backstory as they want, but I figured I'd get the ball rolling

It is also Eve's turn to use her final die :)

Ron Don Volante

Saraswati (Sara) Vikatakavi || Female || 31

Saraswati (known by most non-Indian people as Sara) is a full fledged lawyer who hasn't been able to find a job in nearly a year after getting laid off her previous miserable job as an associate in a terrible real estate law firm which led to enough stress to wreck her marriage for good. She was estranged from her parents after marrying a woman (Blake [Innocence]) but she's rebuilt her relationship with her father somewhat now that she is divorced but her mother still refuses to talk to her. Forced to live with her brother and his family and on dwindling savings and unemployment she jumps at the opportunity to run a summer camp especially when her high school friend [wander] is involved. Sure Blake[Innocence] is also involved but the divorce was (mostly, sorta, kinda) amicable. Besides after years of high stress attorney, running a camp will be easy as 1-2-3.

RedEve

Faeli

Quote from: RedEve on November 02, 2015, 06:28:58 AM
So only a 6 is left now?

It appears that a 1, a 3, and a 6 are all still available

wander

Franco Gallo || Male || 30

Franco is an old high school friend to Sara, raised as a fairly devout Catholic Italian-American, it may come as a surprise to find him so accepting of Sara being interested in men and women... However Franco has always thought the power of love to be one of the strongest forces in the world. He has come to the Camp with the group and thanks to Sara he has a reason to stick around, partly in support of Sara given that Blake will also be in attendance. This however is just a front. What Franco is hiding is that an older relative of his was involved in a string of murders 20 years ago and with nothing but a map to guide him he is going to try and cover up what his family left half-finished. As his career is hitting the strides to celebrity, it's time to clean all the skeletons from his closet... <Eve> has their own link to this string of murders and Franco has decided they're in this together and they're gonna do this together...

Just waiting on Eve to use her last die and I'll pick up mine. :)

Ron Don Volante

Just an fyi Sara is bisexual just in case that matters.

wander

Yep, I edited that in my bio after the initial misunderstanding. :)

Just waiting on Eve's turn now.

RedEve

Quote from: Faeli on November 02, 2015, 06:39:05 AM
It appears that a 1, a 3, and a 6 are all still available

In that case, I'm choosing a need.
Using another 6 for "to get out"

wander

Okay, I will use the 3 strategically and not step on anyone's toes by picking the Location of 'The Lake'.

That leaves the 1 with Ron to decide where it's going to go. :)

Ron Don Volante

We'll use the last 1 to give the Lake a "rickety lifeguard tower" and I think that's it.

Faeli

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on November 02, 2015, 06:03:09 PM
We'll use the last 1 to give the Lake a "rickety lifeguard tower" and I think that's it.

FYI, the last die is Wild, so it actually could be any number you wanted it to be

Ron Don Volante

Thanks Faeli. In that case I'll use it as a 5 and add "Of the downward spiral my life has been" with my "Need To Get Out." Hopefully I did that right.

Faeli

Alright!  Sounds like we're just about done.

I think we still need to figure out why Innocence and I are keeping our relationship a secret.  Possibly something in a prenup about all assets going to the person who DIDN'T cheat in the event of infidelity, and Ron and Innocence still not being OFFICIALLY divorced?

Once that is decided, we'll start on the first round.  Typically, Fiasco is played as a series of scenes but, since scenes often involve only two of the players, I think it is likely a good idea to run all five of our scenes in five different threads at the same time, so no one gets bored :)

Ron Don Volante

I love the idea of MC and Innocence are still not technically divorced. Also I have the gut feeling that Sara wouldn't cheat but we'll see ^_^

wander

Yeah, the idea of Faeli and Innocence keeping their relationship a secret because of the prenup and not actually being divorced is awesome and perfect for a Fiasco to occur!  XD

Thumbs up from me!

I think running the scenes concurrently is a fair idea, though timeline wise it could get messy. I think having the OOC open for people to discuss who is going to write with who and have open discuss on a scene as it unfolds, what outcome people are going to pass to the scene may be better, as it still keeps the others involved, though as a fandom audience discussing the intracacies of the story as it progresses, becoming fans of the characters as they develop. Part of the way Fiasco can run so smooth is that one scene generally leads into the next and works off what is established before. Running scenes at the same time means we lose that and inspiration is lessened some, IMO at least.

Innocence

Just letting you guys know that I am working overtime this week and attending a PD session today, so I won't be able to update the ooc thread until the weekend.

Really sorry for my delay.

Innocence

Hi everyone!!!
So the OOC thread has been updated and your characters have been put up next to your names + link to image.
Red has informed me that they are going on a mini vacay.

So at this stage I'd like to establish with everyone where each character thinks they would want to start off in the roleplay.

In regards to Blake, I would like to believe that she and Saraswati were in love at some point in their relationship =] But it seems like Sara's family wasn't very supportive of their relationship.  I think Blake would have probably been raised by two gay dads and is a lot more carefree in life.  So Blake probably didn't like Sara's family so much since they didn't support them.  This would perhaps play into why their relationship fell apart.  Sort of like Blake telling Sara 'You don't need those people in your life!' and Sara stating 'Those people are my family!'

I've also decided that Blake should be a social worker/youth counselor.   This is probably how she knows Brit.  Perhaps Blake and Brit knew each other when Brit was still considered a minor, and Blake had tried several times to reach out to Brit with varying degrees of success.  Over time they developed strong feelings for each other, another reason why perhaps they want to keep their relationship a secret.  Anyway, so after Brit's 'incident' with the preppy kid, Blake helped to cover things up.  Because she's a youth worker, Blake has worked at many camps, and Camp Clearwater just happened to be the one she was going to be at for her next job.  It's a good thing Brit and Sara also know people at the camp, but Blake may or may not know those connections.

What do you guys think of my backstory so far?

Also, I think Blake and Brit would be arriving at the camp together and Blake would probably use the backstory that she's 'in charge' of Brit as part of her work as an excuse to always be by her side. 

Faeli

Sounds good to me Innocence, take care of me!  ^^

Ron Don Volante

Sounds good to me Innocence! Poor gals relationships are tough >.<

BTW is anyone watching the new season of the TV Show Fargo? So much great inspiration there!

Edit: Also Sara is divorcing Felicia Day?! She must be screwed up in the head!

Innocence

Haven't watched Fargo yet.  Is it good?  I don't think I do well watching drama shows ^^"

And haha, yea Felicia Day is awesome! I love her so much. =]

Should we decide on a time in the roleplay to begin?
I was thinking we start off in the early morning [8 or 10 am] so that everyone can 'arrive' or 'prepare for the new arrivals' of the fellow camp workers.  Then we could say that the end of Act one is at the end of the day [7 pm ish], so that when we start Act 2 and everything goes to shit it will be night time and hopefully something goes horribly wrong for the campers =D [I'm a horrible human being]
Ultimately the game would last only 1 day if we go with this time frame.

If anyone has any other alternatives they would liek to suggest then please do. =]

wander

I was thinking as it was a weekend to maybe have the game take place over two days... So one Act per day, though maybe the Aftermath montage could be presented as the second day...

Ron Don Volante

I like early morning for sure. I think a day per act seems a nice delineation.

Also, if you're looking for "fiasco" you can't get better than these three  Coen Bros films (Fargo, Big Lebowski, and Burn After Reading). The show of Fargo only enhances the awesomeness.

wander

I have only actually seen the Big Lebowski. I've wanted to see Fargo for a while, though never got round to it...

Innocence

Hi again all =]
Just checking to make sure we are all still present.
Sorry for my absence lately, work has been hectic and had a few events to attend over the weekend.
How are we all?

wander

Present and accounted for! ^^

Ready to go when you are!

Ron Don Volante

RedEve

Still here, just haven't found the time to properly write a character concept that fits in with how the game was set up.

Innocence

Ok cool, 4/5 still here =]
Have we agreed that the game will span over 2 days then? Starting early morning Saturday?
Red - No worries, if you just have a basic idea of your character first, like name, age, and gender we can make their back story up as we go along.

RedEve

Hmm, so something like:

Tamra Henderson
21 years old
Female

wander

Quote from: Innocence on November 17, 2015, 06:18:00 AM
Ok cool, 4/5 still here =]
Have we agreed that the game will span over 2 days then? Starting early morning Saturday?
Red - No worries, if you just have a basic idea of your character first, like name, age, and gender we can make their back story up as we go along.

Yeah, two days makes sense... I actually saw today a review from the Cinema Snob for Friday 13th Part 6 and I got all psyched about this game again, so good on you for getting back to it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLW7J-haUI

I bloody love the Cinema Snob! xD

wander

Sorry for the double post, though I noticed that Innocence set up the IC thread two days ago and there are no posts... I'm sure they forgot to mention it here, so I figured I'd do that for everyone now.

:-)