Deductive presence of under 16s

Started by Kythia, February 17, 2013, 10:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Now.  Rule 4:

All sexual role playing and sexual storytelling must involve physically and mentally mature characters. They must be sixteen years of age or over, and/or the physical and mental equivalent. Banned role playing and story subjects include lolicon, shotacon, or any other form of sexualizing prepubescent minors.

and I've seen in various places that that also covers under 16s being present but not involved in a sex scene.  That's fine.  I have no desire to break that rule. 

What I'm a bit unclear about though is about when Fridge Logic*WARNING TV TROPES LINK* implies that kids would obviously be present but they are not mentioned.

For example.  Lets say I want a scene where there's some sexual activity on a rollercaster at Disneyland.  Wind whipping through hair, shocked onlookers catching a glimpse, etc.  Now, its Disneyland.  No mention whatsoever is made of under 16 year olds being present, even before any sexual activity starts or after it ends.  So far as someone reading the scene is concerned, from words alone, they're simply not there.  But its Disneyland and any reader would likely, eisegesis-wise, know that under 16s MUST have been present.

Would such a scene be acceptable?  Have I explained what I mean well enough for an answer to be made?

Kye

If the setting happens to be somewhere that a character under the age of sixteen could logically catch a glimpse it really doesn't matter. It's all about what happens in your actual story.  If you don't write a character under the age of 16 viewing what's happening and follow the rules in regards to characters involved being sixteen or older it isn't breaking the rules as far as I can tell. 

Kythia

Brilliant, thank you.  Thats what I figured but I thought I'd better check first rather than just do it.  Hope I didn't waste your time.

Kye

Clarifying a rule is never, ever a waste of my time.  You're most welcome!